May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• Options
    Sophie-DavidSophie-David Posts: 98 Member
    I've been on the "Alternate route for Best of 2012", so today I downloaded India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles from the DD. I already had a couple of items in the set from the DD list, so Clothing and Hairstyles only cost me 185 SP with the CYS discount. This left only me 85 SP from completing the India Inspirations Collection, so I went ahead and bought it rather than waiting for it to be free at DD 900. So with India Inspirations in the bag, I was happy to finally get the Green Button for Best of 2012. :smile:

I don't know of any way to check at this point, but I do wonder if using the CYS discount on the April 2012 Compilation Set to acquire all parts of the India Inspirations Collection - rather than buying it directly - might not have been cheaper. I wonder just in idle interest, because I can't complain about spending 85 SP to be able to complete the Best of 2012!
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    I've been on the "Alternate route for Best of 2012", so today I downloaded India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles from the DD. I already had a couple of items in the set from the DD list, so Clothing and Hairstyles only cost me 185 SP with the CYS discount. This left only me 85 SP from completing the India Inspirations Collection, so I went ahead and bought it rather than waiting for it to be free at DD 900. So with India Inspirations in the bag, I was happy to finally get the Green Button for Best of 2012. :smile:

I don't know of any way to check at this point, but I do wonder if using the CYS discount on the April 2012 Compilation Set to acquire all parts of the India Inspirations Collection - rather than buying it directly - might not have been cheaper. I wonder just in idle interest, because I can't complain about spending 85 SP to be able to complete the Best of 2012!

hmmm... I have no idea about that. Did you already own Fabulous Fiesta? I imagine the CYS on the compilation would have been much higher than the roughly 250 sp you spent, but I'm not for sure. Those Indian items are weighted pretty heavily. Congrats on the green button though!! That's so exciting! I still haven't gotten to explore my greenhouse! Crazy.
  • Options
    Yes, I did have Fabulous Fiesta already (as well as India Clothing and Hair today), so because of having two sets out of the four composing the April 2012 Compilation versus having only one set out of the three in the India Inspirations Collection, I wonder if the April 2012 might have been slightly cheaper to finish off. As I say, its really just idle curiosity.

Yes, I am looking forward to using the greenhouse also. I use Lunar Lakes as the home world, and I don't feel that any Earth type plants should be able to grow outside there - so the greenhouse makes more sense to me in the game's story.
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @simgeek79, just heard from Shirley, @Grandmothergamer, who absolutely bombed me with gifts! Pretty sure she wiped out my wishlist :smile: Anyway, more importantly, she said she's been ill, and wanted me to send you "big, squishy hugs". So, big squishy hugs :smiley:

@Grandmothergamer, miss you dear. Thank you so much for the lovely gifts, you've gotten me closer to Jazz Age and the Fairy collection. Sending you prayers for a quick recovery! <3
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thank you @gnlovew for passing on the message and the hugs. I was afraid @Grandmothergamer was ill. ..I've been so worried. :disappointed: I am happy to see though that she is feeling up to gift bombing so that is a good sign. I absolutely adore Shirley and wouldn't be so close to owning the store without her :heart: I'm so glad you've had the pleasure of making her acquaintance :smile:

My dear Shirley sending you great big squishy hugs and hope that you feel better soon :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    edited March 2015
    Reachsims wrote: »
    Onto the deals!
    If you already own the Chicken Coop- the Country Livin' set will be free when it pops up on DD# 450

@LadybugLeslie and all, I think this might have been missed in the OP but the same applies here. If you already own the Milkin' It Dairy Corral, the Farm Fresh Folk Set will also be free when it comes up on the Daily Deal, numbers 224 and 552. I'm not certain about sale number 289.

Oh, thanks so much for confirming that! I had looked at it and wondered if the set would be free after owning the corral. Such exciting news! :) Next time it rolls around I'll be sure to snatch that up!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That's great @RaeNic ! How's your Animal Abounds set doing? Do u still need items to help you finish if off?

• Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @simgeek79 Just finished it off. Geeez, I only just now saw this post. My notifications are sadly lacking it seems. Thanks for your helping getting me the cascade! ^_^
  • Options
    That 's awesome @RaeNic - I just saw your post on the DD thread. Pretty cool huh?! Lots of cool stuff! Finally good glitches from EA :wink:

• Options
    From today's Green Button experience, I'm happy to say that DD 375: Front Row Center + Wretched Threads is actually free if you already own Front Row Center Bedroom. :smile:
  • Options
    awesome @5W33TH34RT ! Let us know if you have any questions! And welcome :) We love new deal hunters :smiley:
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    You probably already addressed this in 24 pages of comments :smiley: , but why do some things say, "This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount at this time." Specifically, I have Swiftgro Gardening Station, Stones Throw Greenhouse is on DD, but "This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount at this time" comes up.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    5W33TH34RT wrote: »
    You probably already addressed this in 24 pages of comments :smiley: , but why do some things say, "This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount at this time." Specifically, I have Swiftgro Gardening Station, Stones Throw Greenhouse is on DD, but "This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount at this time" comes up.
    Basically it's EA being mean and unfriendly.

Initially new sets wouldn't be CYS enabled so they could make the most money out of the "early adopters" who had to have the set immediately it was released. After a few months they would often enable CYS so us more frugal Simmers could take advantage of the discounts.

They also changed prices on some sets which made them (for EA) difficult to justify giving discounts because the Item and Set prices didn't add up. The same price discrepancy also applies to several venues which don't have many individually purchasable Items.

Then on other sets, especially venues, they just didn't get round to it and have long since abandoned the Store so aren't too bothered about helping us save money and buy more stuff. :(

• Options
    Yes @5W33TH34RT - @ajaxpost is right unfortunately. However- check your Best of 2012 compilation and see if the gardening station has affected your CYS there. I see that it has it called out individually in the list of included items.
  • Options
    woohoo! Just got my totally, completely free Loads of Laundry! That is an awesome spin-off of the Best of 2010!
  • Options
    Me too! Thanks go to you Leslie for the prediction! :smile:
  • Options
    That's awesome Leslie!! Hope you're having a great weekend <3

• Options
    Just got Everyday Teens for 35 sp! Woo. And then I clicked the green download on Fun For Kids of All Ages :) I love checking things off my list!

@simgeek79 -- I had a very good weekend! My husband is busy studying for a big licensure exam this Friday. So I've been trying to keep the kids out and about so he can study. Thank you so much for the gift this weekend :)
  • Options
    You're welcome and so happy for you and your green downloads :smile: I only have two more sets to pick up...I so miss checking my spreadsheet daily. Enjoy your DD stalking and hope hubby's exam goes well :smiley:

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    This very useful thread languishing at the bottom of page 1? Well, we can't have that! :)
  • Options
    thanks @ajaxpost !!
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    I just spent 21 min looking for this thread I'm so happy I found it lol :)
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Really glad u did @rionismyname. I saved oodles of points thanks to Leslie and her mathematical skills. Have you checked out the Daily Deal spreadsheet and Eliana's Calculator? Two vital tools to help you on your journey to Owning the Store. I'm on my phone so it's hard to put in links. But the spreadsheet is in this General Discussion Forum and it's in a threaf called something with the word Daily Deal in it....lol I'm on that thread a dozen times a day...how can I forget! Anyway page one of that thread has tons of info and a link to both the spreadsheet and the Calculator. Do check them out! :) And do check out the Animal Abounds glitch in this thread. It still works - gnlovew recently got it. Have fun :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top