Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you EVER plan to get Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited August 2014
    I preordered my copy through amazon, though going through regular delivery, so of course i'm getting mine on Friday.

AND you're getting a pack of gum!

I'm so jealous....I should have waited to see what other retailers were going to offer as preorder bonuses before I did my preorder. :'(
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ChadFC2ChadFC2 Posts: 139 Member
    PmlTry wrote: »
    ChadFC2 wrote: »
    averee90 wrote: »
    Lilmik552 wrote: »
    I am probably going to buy it unfortunately...even if its not up to what I consider "optimal". Just out of plain loyalty to The Sims series.

So you're going to buy it out of loyalty to the Sims series, even though Maxis wasn't loyal to perhaps 50% of their hardcore fans? Okay.

Looks like 16% to me.

http://lockerdome.com/6877702695298113/6886205891687448

People hated 3 before it came out too.

Still a significant portion.

So far nobody has been able to convincingly cite for me a single "enhancement" in TS4 that would appeal to legacy players.

True.

I'm a legacy/generations player myself. I feel that the interactions, multitasking, and emotions are a lot better for players like us.

I went form no to fence to yes to excited from watching non-EA gameplay videos. You can't put the improvements in a list. You have to see the gameplay. I think that anyone who isn't buying should watch a lot of LPs before making a final decision.
  • Options
    PellapixelPellapixel Posts: 118 Member
    No probably not, as even if the game s given to me or i win it or something.....this game is going to depend on the EPs. And I dont like the fact that they have dismantled it and now going to sell it back to me in pieces. The very pieces I want. That's just evil. I also dont like the openness of the gallery, viruses can run a muck there as it is wayyy to open. anything someone uploads could be riddled with their cheap computers viruses. And here I am with a million dollar computer thinking i need it becasue the Sims 4 was going to be so progressive. Yeah right. No I wont be one of the ones buying. This game is not for me as they have done away with almost every feature that is attached to how I play, the family tree was the last straw.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I have no immediate plans to buy it. As another poster stated, it's not a step forward, it's several steps back. While I really love the appearance of the new Sims, I expected better landscape/building graphics and the lack of CASt and the loading screens just kill me. If someone buys it for me as a gift, of course I'll give it a go, but if I buy it myself it's going to have to be at a much reduced price in some sort of package with other EPs.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I will on release day.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    So far nobody has been able to convincingly cite for me a single "enhancement" in TS4 that would appeal to legacy players.

I'm a legacy player and the WHOLE game appeals to me.

FFS, Pinstar is the legacy challenge creator and it appeals to him!

Are-you-Serious.jpg

Which would impress me if legacy challenges appealed to me. They don't.

I do multi-generational, multi household legacies and I do them exactly the way I want to do them. I play by beginning a family, following that household for a set period of time, then, once the children get married and move out, going to a descendant's household, then another descendants, etc. etc. I've done five to six generations in this manner, playing in TS3, a game which has room for both my approach to legacies and Pinstar's. And I've had a wonderful time doing it.

What I see in TS4 is a narrowing of options. Not an enhancement. Not an improvement. Not a step forward.

• Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    If I can pick it up later for $10.00 in the bargain bin I might buy it.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Someday. ;)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    When it's less than $60, sure. Until then, I'm a broke college student who just bought a bunch of textbooks!
  • Options
    kitsunekyokokitsunekyoko Posts: 177 Member
    When it can prove generational play as viable again. I don't trust it now, but if things start coming out I'll get it then.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    I am probably going to buy it unfortunately...even if its not up to what I consider "optimal". Just out of plain loyalty to The Sims series.

So you're going to buy it out of loyalty to the Sims series, even though Maxis wasn't loyal to perhaps 50% of their hardcore fans? Okay.

Looks like 16% to me.

I have been playing Sims since 2001. I am a hardcore Sims fan. Regardless if you believe it or not, a lot of legacy players are interested in playing The Sims 4.
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    jadealix wrote: »

Looks like 16% to me.

I have been playing Sims since 2001. I am a hardcore Sims fan. Regardless if you believe it or not, a lot of legacy players are interested in playing The Sims 4.

I don't doubt that. Everybody plays differently. But I see no enhancements that would benefit legacy players and at least two that are detriments to legacy play.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 offered a major advances in gameplay over their predecessor. With the Sims 4 I can't anything that's that revolutionary and in fact it has backtracked with the removal of the open world, CaST and toddlers. But still I'm intrigued by the gameplay shown. I might wait until it goes on sale.

Another factor is that I am really enjoying the Sims 3 right now. I am playing this challenge called the do it all challenge where I am trying to do all the jobs and lifetime wishes and in my case all the available EA worlds (I have four jobs and three LTW left) and I realised halfway through I'm having way too much fun with this game to move on just yet. So it's not as though I'm going to be deprived if I don't buy the Sims 4 straightaway.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    I'm getting it day one. Need to decide if I'm pre-ordering via Amazon, getting it at WalMart (Canada--no sour patch gum for me. My heart is broken, lol. Not.) or getting it via Origins. About that, is there some kind of pre-download for it or do I have to start at midnight the day it comes out? If there's no pre-download that option would do me no good. Thanks!
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    preordered
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'll wait until after the release to see what reviews and new game content are put out. If we got a Generations EP with family trees, toddlers, better babies, etc then I might bite.
  • Options
    JenNickelsJenNickels Posts: 7 New Member
    I'll probably pick it up when I find it on sale next year. OR if I find in reviews that they've put back the things I use in the game that they've taken out. I have no reason to buy it if the way I play Sims isn't possible any more. My kids are sad because they want to play with the building part, but I'm not going to waste my money on it especially when things are so tight around here.
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    I would like to but toddlers and pools would have to be put in along with a cheaper cost for the game. I realize I have been stupid all these years rushing to get the game when I should have done what I see a lot of people have done and waited for maybe an expansion or two and get one of those bundles on sale.
  • Options
    dukiebird23dukiebird23 Posts: 242 Member
    My plan was to wait until after it was released so I could read the reviews on it. Then I found out that they haven't released a MAC version so basically I have to wait now and I don't even know when it is out. Not pleased.
  • Options
    wanesgroovewanesgroove Posts: 8 New Member
    Pre ordered, paid for, and waiting excitedly for release!
  • Options
    LukazeeLukazee Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes, I will. I love the graphics so far and I love what I have seen in videos.
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    I won't turn a free gift away, but other than that, there is too much that is lacking for me to even consider buying at this time.
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    YuraraYurara Posts: 195 Member
    Preordered alredy just need to pick up in the shop after the game come out on 4 sep :smiley:
    433970o8lcd5hrbz.gif194904olsgis3xqe.gif433965qzur0la2nd.gif550470opln9i59wi.gif513122fxkl98buqt.gif

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've pre-ordered the Premium edition from Amazon, but won't get it until a week or so after it comes out because I went for the free shipping option. I'm having fun playing with CAS for now. :)
  • Options
    liquid144liquid144 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @JohnConnor said:
    > For the first time ever, I cancelled my pre-order. If reviews/forums confirm it's not a bug farm and when basic game play elements have been reintroduced, then I might buy TS4 at what I consider a fair price (i.e a lot less than it is now).

This pretty much nails it for me. I just cancelled my pre-order a moment ago after learning that so many features that were taken for granted in previous base games were cut. I was impressed with the CAS demo and really wanted to like this game but the lack of features is too much to overlook.

I bought TS1 and 2 on release day. I waited for a big sale to get TS3 with a lot of expansions. I think that's the way I'm going to go with TS4. At the very least, I'm going to wait for some reviews to come in. I don't want to pay a premium for a game with far fewer features than even previous base games. Besides, there's so much content in TS3 that I haven't really explored or taken advantage of and even when I'm done with that my gaming backlog alone is long enough to last me through at least TS7. :)