The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you EVER plan to get Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    Preordered it already :)
  • Options
    grimacediagrimacedia Posts: 42 Member
    To my not buying/fence friends! Just curious! What if you got it as a gift? Or it had enough that you could play it? It goes in sale? Reviews are good?

~Kaleb

I would buy it if it went under $30 on a sale, but even if it bombs that's very unlikely to happen. I'd definitely give it a try if it was a gift though, although I'd be annoyed at whoever bought it for me :)
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    To my not buying/fence friends! Just curious! What if you got it as a gift? Or it had enough that you could play it? It goes in sale? Reviews are good?

~Kaleb

Yes. TS3 had major improvements through patches and EPs. It was a much superior game to start with...

But if EA stop hurting family players in favor of weird bros, I could like it.

Drop the weird, bring back all the staples, and I might may be there...
  • Options
    YouLiekThaitYouLiekThait Posts: 21 Member
    After I've seen what the modding community can actually do with it, and they've made a proper story progression mod.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    After I've seen what the modding community can actually do with it, and they've made a proper story progression mod.

While the modding community does an outstanding job! I hate that we have to rely on mods to do the trick where EA should of stepped up.
  • Options
    co3jb1co3jb1 Posts: 50 Member
    I'm planning on preordering next week as soon as I get paid.
  • Options
    AntiSocialSim72AntiSocialSim72 Posts: 186 Member
    I keep wanting to say, "Well, if they add back the family play style", or "Maybe if decent default replacements for the sims themselves come out", or "With enough mods, maybe", but then I see screenshots or videos and realize there is just no way I'd be able to play a game that overdone and enjoy it. Besides, why would I pay money for a base game I know I couldn't enjoy without mods or spending even more money for EPs?? So, no. At this point, I'm not even sure I'd install it if it was given to me as a gift.
  • Options
    WildForrestWildForrest Posts: 54 Member
    I preordered on Origin so... at midnight day one. It will be a long night so I also preordered a new coffeemaker. :D
  • Options
    Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    Pre-ordered already...will collect on 4th the day it's released here in australia
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    It depends. But if I list everything it depended on, we'd be here all day so I'll just give one.

EP's. I want to see what the EP's will be like but a Pets EP in particular concerns me. Could you imagine horses running around the world? Someone on a pervious forum back on the Sims 3 website bought it up. I hadn't even thought of that! Our sims riding their horses around with loading screens... And the other pets (cats, dogs, even possible random animals roaming about) for that matter. And a lot of us Pet's EP lovers were hoping Pets for Sims 4 would be more expansive... :disappointed:

Back when I thought I might get this game, I said I'd wait for Seasons and Pets before buying but now I'm questioning if there will even be a Pets EP. And if there is one, how will it be? That conversation burst a bubble I didn't even know I was in.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    YouLiekThaitYouLiekThait Posts: 21 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »

While the modding community does an outstanding job! I hate that we have to rely on mods to do the trick where EA should of stepped up.

My concerns are not about the amount of skill the modding community has, but whether or not EA will allow access to the files/script that the modders will need to change in order to fill in the holes left behind.

Thusfar, I've only seen custom content (read: hair styles) in terms of what EA defines as "modding."

• Options
    RobBauerRobBauer Posts: 110 Member
    At this very moment: Probably

My biggest concern isn't the lack of pools or toddlers, its the loading screens between lots.
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    When it's cheap in a bundle with some EPs.

This.
  • Options
    If someone gave me a copy, I'd use it as a coaster. Downloaded the CAS demo and was pleasantly surprised at how good the sims looked...other than the hair which is abysmal imo although there are a few of the female ones that are ok but I only found 1 male style that was halfway acceptable to me. Happy Simming! (And no, that is not sarcasm. Life is too short to fret over games. If you buy it I truly hope that you enjoy playing it.) :p

Sims look very nice this time around, so can you imagine how awesome toddlers would have looked? This only makes it more disappointing with the lack of toddlers. :( As for the babies, they're cute but they could've done a better job of making them look less plastic-y.

• Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Posts: 113 Member
    RobBauer wrote: »
    At this very moment: Probably

My biggest concern isn't the lack of pools or toddlers, its the loading screens between lots.

From what I've seen so far, most of the people doing the let's play videos seem to feel it actually takes less time than your Sims going there in the open world, and no more two hour commutes to get to the other side of town.

I was a little worried about it at first, and I'll miss jogging, but it doesn't seem like its as bad at it appears at first glance either!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »

My concerns are not about the amount of skill the modding community has, but whether or not EA will allow access to the files/script that the modders will need to change in order to fill in the holes left behind.

Thusfar, I've only seen custom content (read: hair styles) in terms of what EA defines as "modding."

Absolutely, but i remember EA saying that the modding community will have a breeze in The Sims 4. But then again, things change.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Thanks Guys for all of your thoughts, I see that it is very mixed throughout!

Thanks!
    ~Kaleb
  • Options
    Lilmik552 wrote: »
    I am probably going to buy it unfortunately...even if its not up to what I consider "optimal". Just out of plain loyalty to The Sims series.

So you're going to buy it out of loyalty to the Sims series, even though Maxis wasn't loyal to perhaps 50% of their hardcore fans? Okay.

• Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    Preordered
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Nope never unless I got it as a gift because I'd feel I owe it to the person to play it :/
    I'd probably only want to play it with my screen off Pud1f.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I've preordered it and chose release day shipping. I can't wait to play! :D
  • Options
    elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    edited August 2014
    There have been times when reviews on a product are glowingly positive, and I have wound up not liking that product at all. There have also been times when the reviews are lousy, and I loved the product. Which probably just means my judgment stinks, but that so wouldn't be the first time (I'm looking at you, 80's chartreuse legwarmers). However, I do intend to make full use of Origin's Great Game Guarantee. I'll be using a good chunk of those first 24 hours to see if I like it. If I do like the game, great. If not, I intend to get my money back.
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Did you really ask this question?!

*Smacks for asking question with obvious answer*
    funny-gif-cat-punches-dog.gif

Of course im going too, come on get your act together. :P
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I might buy it when toddlers are added back in. Toddlers are important to the stories I make with my sims, but it also depends on if toddlers are interactive or not.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Nope never plan on getting it. If it was given to me as a gift I would return it if possible or maybe try to give it to someone else. This game is pretty much the exact opposite of what I want and I know it won't be fun for me, it will only cause frustration.