Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you EVER plan to get Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    I'm definitely not going to pay the full price for it; I may be getting it as a gift (still don't know for sure yet, but hints have been dropped) - if so, I'll play it just to see what it's like and be able to do a review as a long-time Sim gamer. Otherwise, I'll probably wait until it's in a bargain bin or a box store package deal.
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    I'm still not sure. I'd be more willing to throw caution into the wind if it was cheaper. If I got it as a gift, sure I'd play but no one I know would give me something like that, lol. I keep going back and forth.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,911 Member
    I will probably get it when they release the Pets EP and the price drops a little but I'm not going to say I will never get it because I don't know the future. But that would be totally awesome if I can tell the future.
  • Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    If I have extra money I will buy it close to release as a pre-order, but I won't fully switch over from sims 3 or 2 until it has more features that I like. That being said if I don't pre-order I won't be heart-broken. I'm not as excited as I have been for previous games, but I could change my opinion entirely after trying it out. My opinion is certainly a bit more positive after seeing some of what CAS can do although the limited options is a bit irritating. We'll see, I guess.
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    I probably will buy it if it's bundled with a few EP's and on sale ^.^ Base games don't have enough to keep me interested, i was the same with sims3 :)
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'd like to reply and say I have it on preorder and can't wait for play it. Now that I have full membership. Thank you mods! Now I can play sims4 on the day it's released. Yay!
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    Not in its current form. Why would I? It looks worse than Sims 3, and the very foundation of my gameplay has been eliminated. This looks like an Ipad game.
  • Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    I noticed a few people comment on loading screens and I recently loaded up sims 2 and I actually like the loading screens if only for the reason that when work is over at 3 pm or whatever time the car drops them off instead of me having to follow them for 1 1/2-2 sim hours until they get home and heading anywhere else in the world is a pain in the butt. The open-world is nice in some cases and annoying in others. I'm really mixed on how I feel about sims 4 not having an open world like sims 3.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I am once I get money! So it will be a while :(
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Why would someone disagree with what I posted on this thread? It was meant to be funny and not to be taken seriously. xD Unless they are a troll and just disagree to just...disagree. Anyways, yeah I'm so getting the game. :)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    To my not buying/fence friends! Just curious! What if you got it as a gift? Or it had enough that you could play it? It goes in sale? Reviews are good?

~Kaleb

Welllll....I'm treating Sims 4 the same way I treated Sims 3 Medieval. It's a wholly different add-on to the franchise. With Sims 3 Medieval, I waited until there was an Origin sale and then picked it up along with the Pirates expansion for a fraction of their original price. I think I paid under $20 for both of them.

So, yeah. If I see Sims 4 on Origin for a super deal, bundled with a few expansions, I'll buy it. But it is never going to be able to replace Sims 2 or Sims 3, and that's what I was hoping for. At best, it will be a side trip for me, the way Sims Medieval was.

• Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2014
    To my not buying/fence friends! Just curious! What if you got it as a gift? Or it had enough that you could play it? It goes in sale? Reviews are good?

~Kaleb

I plan on getting it as a gift for my birthday. I won't be buying it so if I don't get it for my birthday I'll wait until Christmas. If I still haven't gotten it (which would be unlikely), I won't be getting it until it goes on sale.

EDIT:
    Actually, I might get it if EA comes out with an expansion pack that looks amazing.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    After I've seen what the modding community can actually do with it, and they've made a proper story progression mod.

While the modding community does an outstanding job! I hate that we have to rely on mods to do the trick where EA should of stepped up.

My concerns are not about the amount of skill the modding community has, but whether or not EA will allow access to the files/script that the modders will need to change in order to fill in the holes left behind.

Thusfar, I've only seen custom content (read: hair styles) in terms of what EA defines as "modding."

Absolutely, but i remember EA saying that the modding community will have a breeze in The Sims 4. But then again, things change.

With a topic on this forum directly focusing on mods and CC, they seem to be actively encouraging both -- either to encourage creativity or to save themselves some work.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not getting it. Put off entirely by its current state and the ability to play my way is gone.
    The sandbox I knew I loved sort of died for me. Will I ever get it, no. I will still look at lets plays and even decent reviews other then that its not happening. It would take a miracle for me to like TS4 at this point, and EA is fresh out of those.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Probley not ever, but who knows EA might surprise us....I mean in a good way....ya probley never. bad-idea-014.gif
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I would like to buy it at bargain bin price if there are normal careers, toddlers, babies that I can choose the crib for, and all the stuff that everyone else has been whinging about since June.

I will not buy it at all regardless of what EA does to the game if the let's plays and reviews do not indicate that the sims have emotional depth (sorry, but I have yet to see this in any of the videos). Went this route with TS3, and still felt cheated even though the game was cheap. Never again.

I want to play with interesting Sims. If TS4 can pull this off, then yes, I will definitely purchase the game at a later time.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    It really depends. If it ends up offering game play elements fun enough that I can't live without I might suck it up and buy it, but I didn't move from TSO to TS2 until TS2 was like halfway through its expansions. Halfway through TS2's expansions it became worth dropping TSO for it. TS3 might have been a bit disappointing in ways, but I don't absolutely despise it. TBH nothing "must have" has jumped out at me from any of the TS4 footage that I've watched so far. In some ways it looks much worse. If TS4 doesn't somehow surprise and hook me I'll probably be more sad about it than EA. That's because it will mean my bread line for this entire genre will pretty much be shut down.
  • Options
    RelatelaRelatela Posts: 178 Member
    Doubtful. I wasn't interested in it before I found out about all the missing features so I really don't think I ever will be. I can be a fairly tough customer though. I really don't see the point in a new Sim game when the previous one is still good and I've spent LOTS of $$$ on it via EPs/SPs and to some extent, the store. I felt the same way when TS3 came out, but I felt that the open world/story progression, as well as CASt, was a nice enough upgrade to convince me to purchase it. The exact things that convinced a reluctant me into buying the game are now gone so I see no reason to purchase TS4. There has to be a HUGE improvement for me to want to jump ship from something I've already spent a lot of money on, and for me, a simmer who exclusively plays legacies, this game is certainly not that. Is there seriously anything innovative about this game? I'm not even sure if the emotions they keep pushing at us even qualify.
    Simmer since 2001. Sticking with TS3.
  • Options
    AnimastarAnimastar Posts: 342 Member
    After what I've seen first hand of the create-a-sim as well as all the missing/botched features... My current answer is a no.

And no, it's not about the small features like basements or pools that, like a lot of the things that didn't carry over from 2 to 3, will probably show up in future expansions. My issue is that they aren't marching forward with this game. This game is one gigantic step backward, and how can you say it's not when their 'new' lot set up is pretty much on the same level as Sims 2? Not so much as a color wheel in create-a-sim, and they can't even make it bearable by at least giving us a decent selection of colors.

Toddlers, I only care about because their absence means there is a nasty jolt from super-dependent newborn to suddenly being old enough to attend elementary school. Otherwise, I wouldn't really miss them... But now I've learned, that teens are now the same height as adults, making them in appearance near identical to them. I like watching my sims actually grow up. Now the only growing they do is from crib to child to teen and it basically plateaus from there.

I lived through the transition from Sims 2 to Sims 3. Yeah, Sims 3 base game didn't have a lot of the things Sims 2 and it's expansions had, but at least it still felt like a step forward. Sims 4 seems more like a step back to me. Maybe it will get better with expansions, but until those start pouring in, I won't really know for sure if Sims 4 will ever be worth my time.
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    I pre-ordered after hearing about "color magic" and "caster".

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

averee90 wrote: »
    Lilmik552 wrote: »
    I am probably going to buy it unfortunately...even if its not up to what I consider "optimal". Just out of plain loyalty to The Sims series.

So you're going to buy it out of loyalty to the Sims series, even though Maxis wasn't loyal to perhaps 50% of their hardcore fans? Okay.

Looks like 16% to me.

http://lockerdome.com/6877702695298113/6886205891687448

People hated 3 before it came out too.

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    Never say never, but EA will have to add a lot to the EP's to win me over. I need toddlers, pools, and some way to re-color things back in the game. There are other things missing, but those three are a requirement for me.
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    ChadFC2 wrote: »
    averee90 wrote: »
    Lilmik552 wrote: »
    I am probably going to buy it unfortunately...even if its not up to what I consider "optimal". Just out of plain loyalty to The Sims series.

So you're going to buy it out of loyalty to the Sims series, even though Maxis wasn't loyal to perhaps 50% of their hardcore fans? Okay.

Looks like 16% to me.

http://lockerdome.com/6877702695298113/6886205891687448

People hated 3 before it came out too.

Still a significant portion.

So far nobody has been able to convincingly cite for me a single "enhancement" in TS4 that would appeal to legacy players.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    PmlTry wrote: »
    So far nobody has been able to convincingly cite for me a single "enhancement" in TS4 that would appeal to legacy players.

I'm a legacy player and the WHOLE game appeals to me.

FFS, Pinstar is the legacy challenge creator and it appeals to him!

Are-you-Serious.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    I preordered my copy through amazon, though going through regular delivery, so of course i'm getting mine on Friday.