Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the return of the Architect career/Construction Game Pack?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind the return of the Architect career or a Construction game pack. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by Colton147147 on

Would you like the return of the Architect career/Construction Game Pack? 41 votes

Yes
58%
Tiipiialanmichael1taydevKhrisstyneBabykittyjadeDaravifoxybillyrambahadoercatmando830KathykinsRedShoe7filipomelVivi_WillowTreeAtreya33Chicklet453681logionAuroraskiesDaepheneGooseyEvilinPink 24 votes
Yes
12%
crocobauragoodcakebaker62VentusMattSERVERFRAGordy 5 votes
Justine Keaton
17%
Missmagoo2EnkiSchmidtLiELFMDianaSimsColton147147permanentroseEllupelluellu 7 votes
Some random option that isn't No
12%
GalacticGalMeteoraStormghamrick75SimmingalNate_Whiplash1 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,135 Member
    Yes
    I don't remember if it was in Sims 3 or not. I've never played Sims 1 or 2.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes
    My yes is more of a "yeah it be great to have but it's not really needed".

In ts3 editing other sims houses was a hassle unless you used cheats and even then I could be dangerous if you didn't save frequently. Anyway the hassle was that you had to switch households if you wanted to edit that households house and sometimes the loading to switch households took time time. So if you wanted to edit the entire town you had to really make a commitment. The architect career allowed you to edit other sims houses without having to switch households. The only drawback was that you had to wait for a household to put in a request you couldn't just edit any household of your choosing freely but it still made things easier.

Ts4 editing a house is so easy and fast and there is nothing stopping you from doing it or making you switch households. I can go in and make minor changes to 5 houses in the time it took me to do the same with one house or 2 houses in ts3. The only real use of the architect career would be for story purposes and fun for that sim. Which isn't bad thing, it just doing hold the same level of utility/necessity it did in ts3.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't really think so i got annoyed at ts3 version pretty fast

BUT I might change my mind if i could actually have my sims building house/shelter/whatever as gameplay feature and watch them do some construction work and perhaps build themselves their own house or make shelter on abandoned island or whatever like that is nice

just... idk the design part bores me
    my houses aint that fancy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes
    I think it would be more fun if the architect could create house templates, rather than edit a specific lot, and you could add a house of that template to a lot when you wanted.

Also I'd like a construction active career like GTW but that worked on an off world lot like the hospital, etc, so you could have a lot of fun animations with various construction equipment and failure states and such but not actually alter an existing lot.

We can build any time we want, so it just seems like freeing the careers from being tied to building an actual lot makes sense in the name of making the careers more flexible.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Absolutely! That would be the best of both worlds to me, not only would it feed my creative side it would also force me to actually "play" the game to accomplish the goals of building.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Yes
    As the title says...

I wouldn't mind the return of the Architest career or a Construction game pack. o:)

Is that to “test” the “arch’s” in build mode?

Sorry, could resist. ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,416 Member
    Yes
    I don't usually play careers, but if they have to add it I think it would be nice if it came with additional build features, like spiral stairs, possibility to have stair railings only on one side, real ponds, and other interesting architectural features. Or maybe possibility to designate a floor as community space on residential lots, or change requirements for lot types. Or maybe categorize build features into styles, so if your sim is asked to build a modern house, they get some modern house templates to work on and the catalogue shows in a separate category modern build and buy elements? Anyway, building possibilities in the game are quite limited as there are few lots in a world and it may soon become a tedious and repetitive career. And it's not possible to design the neighbourhoods so you're restricted in the type of house design you choose by that too. Also, what if you don't want to change the design of a house you're called to re-design?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,985 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Body is 4 characters too short.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton
    As the title says...

I wouldn't mind the return of the Architest career or a Construction game pack. o:)

Is that to “test” the “arch’s” in build mode?

Sorry, could resist. ;)

You saw nothing.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    Yes
    I would very much like to see that career return if it's possible. I can imagine that it's probably one of the more difficult careers to do in the sims4 engine...
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I've only played TS4 so I don't remember that pack....however, it sounds like I could have a blast with it by making haphazard buildings
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Always gotta vote for Justine Keaton. I started playing TS3 again recently and played her household
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,026 Member
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't remember if it was in Sims 3 or not. I've never played Sims 1 or 2.
    We had it in 2 as a rabbit hole career.

As for the poll, meh. I looked up the Sims 3's take on the career and I think it sounds like a lot of fun, especially with the story progression aspect. But I don't think it's interesting or impactful enough to warrant a Game Pack, especially when houses are so easy to fix up in Sims 4. Granted, I might be biased because I do housing renovations for a living, so this is fairly old hat for me.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DivawangDivawang Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes
    Yes! I really miss that career, it was one of my go to careers and it would be really awesome if it was able to come back.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it was a lot of fun in TS3. I'd like it to return, if they leave traits out of it. Having to know traits, and therefore having to befriend the clients, was something that put me off that career. Like my sims didn't have enough friends....? Its my pet peeve (one of them), Eaxis wants our sims to be friends with every other sim in the universe, and will do anything to make that happen. Its a constant push. Why do you think strangers are so intrusive and sims walking by your house in TS4? They of course want your sim to run out and greet them.

Sorry, got carried away....but yes, if done right, it could be a very fun and immersive career.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    Pretty much what another player has already posted. I would like it back, but ONLY if our Sims are able to really change the architecture of a building. If the occupation had some kind of meaningful gameplay. Sims3 career was quite the dud.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Hard maybe for me. (And see that was an option that was not No so there! ;) )

Depends on how it was implemented within the confines of Sims 4 as it could be something really interesting or a dud. And I don't think there would be any in-between with it.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,349 Member
    Justine Keaton
    No, thanks. Back in Sims 3 that career had no respect for boundaries, it chose what house it wanted and what goals it wanted for that house. Imagine that in rotational play!

I'd be okay with @Daephene 's ideas of my architect creating template houses for the library instead of changing in-world lots, that would be so much less disruptive! Would also play an active construction worker career.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I didn't play it in Sims 3 so I'm going to give my own imaginative take on it.

A construction/landscaping skill and/or career would be cool if it worked in a way that allowed players to affect the neighborhood areas that we currently have no access to. Like creating a new lot space, or destroying a playground to put up a park, or change picnic areas into skating rinks or create hiking paths or rivers or orchards or gardens, etc, etc.

I've been really wanting a neighborhood edit tool but a way to do it in game could be really cool.
    #Team Occult