Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tarot Mafia Round 4 - Upright Cards (Town) Win!

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
edited March 2020 in Off Topic Chat
Are you ready for another round of tarot madness? Is luck in the cards for you this year? Find out as we have our 4th tarot-themed Mafia game!

KhlLqfG.png

A plague has enveloped the entire world, and the governments have mandated home quarantines. Dr. Camilla Bertrand is a leading medical researcher looking into a cure for the Reginovirus and is one of the few people permitted to leave her home. She's currently coordinating her efforts with an international team of researchers, hoping to mass produce a vaccine within the next two weeks.

In her spare time, she holds virtual tarot readings with her psychic, Madame Levesque. It's just for fun, she thinks, although some part of her does believe in the fortunes brought about by the medium. Will the cards predict the success of her efforts? Or is it all gloom and doom for the residents of SimEarth? It all rests on you now...
Rules and Guidelines
  • I can accommodate 8-22 players.
  • Days will last 24 hours and nights will last 12 hours in real time.
  • Do not talk about the game in private with other players, unless both of you are already discarded from the game.
  • DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS
  • When voting, make sure to either bold it or put it in ALL CAPS for me to see it easily. (e.g. Vote: Buddy or VOTE: NATHAN)
  • Role claiming is allowed. It's up to you to decide if you believe a person's claim or not.
  • Avoid talking about the game during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
  • Discarded players can still post off-topic, but they can't influence the game by offering their opinions.
  • In the case of a tie, the person who has held the most votes the longest will be lynched.
  • If you have a night action and you don't submit anything, your action will be skipped over for that night. Make sure to turn in your actions early if you expect to be gone for more than a day.
  • Try to be active from time to time. A Mafia game is more fun when all players post on the thread.
How does this work?
Short version

This works just like any other regular Mafia game. You will receive your role, and any power you can use if your role has one. I will use different terms to suit the theme, but the game plays out the same.
  • Upright cards - Town
  • Reversed cards - Mafia
  • Discarded - Lynched/killed
Long version
  • Approximately 1/4 of all players in the game are reversed/Mafia, rounded up
  • Approximately 1/4 of all players in the game will have a power role, rounded up. At least one of the power roles is guaranteed to be reversed. If there are 5 or more reversed cards in the game, two reversed cards will have a power role
  • The cards below are the possible roles in the game. A card with a listed power has the possibility of wielding that power in the game, but this is not guaranteed. It's possible to hold an Empress or Temperance card, for example, that has no powers. This is randomized.
  • Each card is unique and can only belong to one player at most per game
  • If a card has an active power, the role PM and reveal will have the word "Empowered" in it

The Fool - New beginnings and limitless potential
2-shot Mimic - Twice per game, at night, you can ask to copy another player's power. For that night, you will be able to use the power of another player in the game, drawn at random. If you randomly receive a power from a player with an opposing alignment (e.g. a reversed mimic copies an upright card), you will perform your alignment's version of that power.
Wtqfrnc.png

The Magician - Resourcefulness and Concentration
Powerless
9iWBCZx.png

The Priestess - Intuition and Insight
Upright: 2-shot Cop - Twice per game, at night, you can investigate another player to learn if they're upright or reversed.
Reversed: 2-shot Role Cop - Twice per game, at night, you can investigate another player to learn their card and whether they have any powers.
HhkLW0I.png

The Empress - Fertility and Maternity
Upright: Doctor - At night, you can protect yourself or another player from getting discarded. You can only protect yourself once for the whole game.
Reversed: 1-shot Poisoner - Once per game, at night, you may poison another player. If that player survives the following day, s/he will be discarded the following night and will be announced to have your role and alignment, while that player's true card will be revealed in the private factional chat. Otherwise, the poison backfires and you will be discarded the following night instead.
uLvsniU.png

The Emperor - Structure and Authority
Upright: 2-shot Jailkeeper - Twice per game, at night, you may choose to lock a player in jail. That player's power action, if any, will fail that night, but that player will also be safe from getting discarded.
Reversed: 1-shot Interceptor - Once per game, at night, you may intercept all other upright power roles in the game, guaranteeing failure for all their actions.
rBvNAN7.png

The Pope - Tradition and Beliefs
Powerless
zz0ATq1.png

The Lovers - Relationships and Choices
Upright: Mason - At the beginning of the game, you will be given a private chat with a random player in the game, wherein you can discuss your thoughts during the day or night. Your mason partner is guaranteed to be upright.
Reversed: 1-shot Mass Redirector - Once per game, at night, you may choose another player in the game. For that given night, all actions performed by the upright power roles will be redirected to that person.
vyRzg29.png

The Chariot - Willpower and Determination
Upright: 1-shot Bulletproof - Once per game, at night, whenever a player performs an action that would cause you to be discarded, that action will be prevented. You will be informed when this happens.
Reversed: 2-shot roleblocker - Twice per game, at night, you may choose another player. If that player performs an action for that night, it will fail.
baqFnSI.png

Justice - Truth and Justice
Upright: Innocent Child - Once per game, during the day, the innocent child may PM the host to reveal his/her status as the innocent child. The host will confirm his/her role in the thread.
Reversed: Godfather - You are immune to all investigative and tracking roles
NDzwJR0.png

The Hermit - Introspection and Inner Guidance
Powerless
SxkKGS1.png

The Wheel of Fortune - Luck and Destiny
Powerless
uOitZQu.png

Strength - Strength and Courage
Powerless
RKLDwl1.png

The Hanged Man - Suspension and Sacrifice
Powerless
TNKKcTB.png

Death - Endings and Transformation
1-shot Vigilante - Once per game, at night, you may choose to discard another player. If reversed, you may use your power while another teammate discards another player, allowing you to possibly discard two players in a single night.
oLmfduf.png

Temperance - Balance and Moderation
2-shot Jack-of-all-Trades - You will receive two random powers appropriate to your alignment, each of which can be used once per night in the game. (e.g. 1 investigation and 1 doctor save for an upright Temperance). Unlike the Fool, it's possible that no other players in the game possess the powers that you have. The powers you can receive are restricted to the following for balance reasons:

Upright
  • Cop
  • Doctor
  • Jailkeeper
  • Tracker
Reversed
  • Role Cop
  • Roleblocker
  • Tracker
QvMoxLh.png

The Devil - Bondage and Materialism
Powerless
e70XAIn.png

The Tower - Disaster and Revelation
Powerless
i2UdmQy.png

The Star - Hope and Renewal
2-shot Tracker - Twice per game, at night, you can choose another player and see whether they visited anyone that night.
PlxoptI.png

The Moon - Fear and Anxiety
Special Effect: If the Sun and Moon are both in the game, they will have their own private chat. The alignment of either card is not guaranteed.
9KLcMpn.png

The Sun - Success and Positivity
Special Effect: If the Sun and Moon are both in the game, they will have their own private chat. The alignment of either card is not guaranteed.
SjqW0zy.png

Judgment - Judgment and Absolution
1-shot Pollster - Once per game, during the day, you may PM the host the names of two other players. If both are still in play the next day, they will be the only eligible candidates for discarding for that day. If one of them is discarded, you will take that person's place. If both are discarded, you will be discarded as well. You may only use this while more than half of all players are still in play.
zaMZTXw.png

The World - Completion and Integration
Powerless
5xVRdlP.png
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Players
    1. Nush, the Upright Emperor, Wins Day 2
    2. Raine, the Upright Empress, Discarded Night 1
    3. Mouse, the Upright Hermit, Wins Day 2
    4. Rose, the Upright Fool, Wins Day 2
    5. Alexa, the Upright Lovers, Wins Day 2
    6. NASCAR, the Reversed Empowered Chariot, Discarded Night 1
    7. Nerd, the Reversed Strength, Discarded Day 1
    8. DeKay, the Upright Empowered Death, Wins Day 2
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Summary and Links

Round One
    Round Two
    Round Three

Day/Night Links
    Final Vote Counts
    Final Vote Count Day 1

DeKay votes Rose
    Alexa votes Nascar
    Nerd votes DeKay
    Alexa votes Nerd
    DeKay votes Nerd

Nush votes DeKay
    Rose votes Nerd
    Nascar votes Nerd
    Raine votes Nerd

Nush unvotes
    Nush votes Nascar

Nerd - Alexa, DeKay, Rose, Nascar, Raine
    DeKay - Nerd
    Nascar- Nush

Night Actions
    Night 1

DeKay vigilante kills Nascar
    Nascar blocks Rose
    Nascar kills Raine

• Options
    You may now post

• Options
    The game will begin on Friday, 12 noon, GMT +8

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Everybody be sleeping at that time except for me and you. LOL. 🙈
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Everybody be sleeping at that time except for me and you. LOL. 🙈

It'll be 9 PM Thursday here so it ain't that bad, lol

• Options
    It will be 12 noon for me. Haha.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    it'll be 7 AM for me
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.
  • Options
    RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    it'll be 4am for me xD i think so i'll probs be asleep but i'll catch up :')
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    6am, but I'm not getting on until at least 4 hours later.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    It will be 5 pm for me I think
  • Options
    Lots of varying timezones here. :D But day will be 24 hours, so there should be some point in the day when you can check the thread

• Options
    if its anything like the last game everyone will come online when theres like 10 mins left to go xD
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So I'm at GMT-4 apparently, so that will mean midnight, Thursday night (technically 12:00 am Friday).
    So there are 3 scenarios possible:

I'll be there as the game starts, but cut it off in a reasonable amount of time soon after, or
    I'll be there as it starts, and have insomnia and be up til 4 and active all that time, and be fried the next day, or
    I'll have managed to get to sleep before midnight and you'll all think how suspicious it is that I'm being silent, but I will in fact be asleep.

So there it is, what to expect of the game starting midnight my time.

This looks like such a setup, I wish I had an electrical diagram for how it works, or better yet, a PhET simulation!
    I like the theme, though. Just got a little mod to turn the Sims' ability to play cards, into a tarot layout instead.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    it'll be 7 AM for me

no, it'll be 11pm thursday here Nascar.
    40Zv1mV.png
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Actually it might be 7 am for me... I’m not sure to be honest. I’ll just see when the game starts 😅
  • Options
    So im just at GMT (0?) so it should actually be 8am for me right? but internet said 4 but like @icmnfrsh said theres 24 hours everyone should be able to make it eventually xD
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    I´m too lazy too evaluate when the game starts for me. I´ll just have a look and see, if it has already started or not.
  • Options
    So I'm at GMT-4 apparently, so that will mean midnight, Thursday night (technically 12:00 am Friday).
    So there are 3 scenarios possible:

I'll be there as the game starts, but cut it off in a reasonable amount of time soon after, or
    I'll be there as it starts, and have insomnia and be up til 4 and active all that time, and be fried the next day, or
    I'll have managed to get to sleep before midnight and you'll all think how suspicious it is that I'm being silent, but I will in fact be asleep.

So there it is, what to expect of the game starting midnight my time.

This looks like such a setup, I wish I had an electrical diagram for how it works, or better yet, a PhET simulation!
    I like the theme, though. Just got a little mod to turn the Sims' ability to play cards, into a tarot layout instead.

The setup is pretty simple once you understand it. If we get 8 people, most probably there will be two mafia. The mafia cards are reversed cards. Townies are upright. So for example, if someone claims they're The Pope: powerless, it means they can be a mafia without any power role, or they could be a vanilla townie. It's up for you to decide whether they are town or not.

There are certain cards with specific power roles and it changes whether they're town or mafia for example the Justice card.

I hope I'll get a power role card this time round tho. Both times I've played, I got vanilla town, I think. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think it´s more complicated than a simple mafia game, especially with the upside down cards and the power/none-power cards...
    I really had to think about the game settings. But perhaps it´s just me, being the stupid one again. :D
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    I think it´s more complicated than a simple mafia game, especially with the upside down cards and the power/none-power cards...
    I really had to think about the game settings. But perhaps it´s just me, being the stupid one again. :D

Upside down/reverse cards are just mafia. They are just given a different name. So that's the same as most mafia games.

And power roles are power roles, I guess. I'm sure you've played games with power roles before? So like ones with a cop or doctor.

It's just over here, the game is semi closed which means we are given a list of roles but obviously not all of them are going to be in the game, so mafia can lie even more and even claim a card that's not even theirs, etc.

Semi closed games are my fav cuz it'sa tad bit more challenging. 😅
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh and yeah, forgot to add that there will be 2 power roles in an 8 player game. One will be mafia and one will be townie, so there could be a possibility that even your card that is supposed to have a power role attached to it might not have that power.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Fine, now you´ve managed to confused me even more! :D
    I´ll read the explanations again and let google translate it, maybe I´m a bit less confused after that.
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    Fine, now you´ve managed to confused me even more! :D
    I´ll read the explanations again and let google translate it, maybe I´m a bit less confused after that.

Meh, you'll get it once we start playing. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif