Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• Options
    MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, sorry I'm having trouble downloading the latest version too, I've downloaded the unpopulated version and it shows in-game perfectly fine, however the populated version does not show up, despite being in my save folder with all my other saves.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Hi, sorry I'm having trouble downloading the latest version too, I've downloaded the unpopulated version and it shows in-game perfectly fine, however the populated version does not show up, despite being in my save folder with all my other saves.

I just redownloaded it to see if it was a problem with the file. Mine showed up in my saves and played fine. I'm not sure what could be the problem. Could you try to download it again and see if that fixes it?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    I tried again, but couldn't get it to show up. I tried a different browser, no joy. I've downloaded the Non-populated one just fine and some other Simmers' files all of which worked. I tried renaming the populated one after download but that didn't work either. I'm going to assume it's a problem on my end and will let you know if I manage to solve it.
  • Options
    I tried again, but couldn't get it to show up. I tried a different browser, no joy. I've downloaded the Non-populated one just fine and some other Simmers' files all of which worked. I tried renaming the populated one after download but that didn't work either. I'm going to assume it's a problem on my end and will let you know if I manage to solve it.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I have no idea why it isn't showing up for you. Maybe repairing your game will work? I don't see why it would make a difference between the unpopulated and populated though. They're completely different slot numbers. I'm really sorry for the frustration.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for trying. It's still a mystery, I tried repairing the game and it hasn't worked. It is certainly frustrating as I know I've played in your save before. I just don't understand it. It must be from my end though, as other saves work just fine. I'll keep trying periodically as I'd like to get to the bottom of it. Thank you once again for your help.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Thank you so much for trying. It's still a mystery, I tried repairing the game and it hasn't worked. It is certainly frustrating as I know I've played in your save before. I just don't understand it. It must be from my end though, as other saves work just fine. I'll keep trying periodically as I'd like to get to the bottom of it. Thank you once again for your help.

I'm so sorry it's not working. Have you tried an older version of the save?

Edit: I just thought of something else. Have you tried resetting your Sims 4 folder in Documents? You do that by moving it to your desktop when the game isn't running. Then when start up the game, it will regenerate a new folder. Then you just copy/paste your stuff back into the newly generated folder.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • Options
    ChristinaaBabbyyChristinaaBabbyy Posts: 1 New Member
    Am I able to download this without having all the packs?
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member

@ChristinaaBabbyy Yes, but some things will be missing. So you might see a bald sim or two.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @BookBear wrote: »

ChristinaaBabbyy Yes, but some things will be missing. So you might see a bald sim or two.

Like ChristinaaBabby said, there will probably be naked and/or bald sims and possibly some furniture missing in some of the houses.
  • Options
    Blink32Blink32 Posts: 10 New Member
    How do you save the save file
  • Options
    Blink32Blink32 Posts: 10 New Member
    I meant install
  • Options
    @Blink32 wrote: »
    I meant install

You just download it and put it your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/ Saves folder.
  • Options
    ItsASimzLifeItsASimzLife Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello @SweetieWright_84 I have been trying to add your save file to my game but it's not showing in my saves when I go to my game...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong???
  • Options
    > @ItsASimzLife said:
    > Hello @SweetieWright_84 I have been trying to add your save file to my game but it's not showing in my saves when I go to my game...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong???
    Edit: I just saw your other suggestions...I will try them also
  • Options
    > @ItsASimzLife said:
    > Hello @SweetieWright_84 I have been trying to add your save file to my game but it's not showing in my saves when I go to my game...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong???
    Edit: I just saw your other suggestions...I will try them also

Did it work for you?
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Love your save file! After using several files from others, yours is my favorite! It is clean and organized, yet still vety creative and beautiful!

I didn't play with your townies yet but I will in the future.
  • Options
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Did it work for you?

No it didn't unfortunately....but i'll keep trying since there is no reason it shouldn't...it's definitely an easy install lol
  • Options
    > Did it work for you?

No it didn't unfortunately....but i'll keep trying since there is no reason it shouldn't...it's definitely an easy install lol

I may have to re-upload it. Is it just the populated save that's being a problem? You're not the only one that has had this problem. I'll see what I can do on my end and keep you updated.
    Love your save file! After using several files from others, yours is my favorite! It is clean and organized, yet still vety creative and beautiful!

I didn't play with your townies yet but I will in the future.

Thank you so much for your nice comment. I'm glad you're enjoying the save file.
  • Options
    > I may have to re-upload it. Is it just the populated save that's being a problem? You're not the only one that has had this problem. I'll see what I can do on my end and keep you updated.
    >
    >
    > Thank you so much for your nice comment. I'm glad you're enjoying the save file.
    Thank you!!!
  • Options
    @MrsSteepdene and @ItsASimzLife, I have reuploaded v.5 Snowy Escape populated save file. Can you tell me if it's working now?
  • Options
    Yay it worked, thank you so much, I don't know what the problem was, but it's working now. Off to play, lol .....
  • Options
    Yay it worked, thank you so much, I don't know what the problem was, but it's working now. Off to play, lol .....

Awesome! I'm so glad it worked. Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    SaelannaNavanSaelannaNavan Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing The Sims since it launched in 2000; how have I only just found this?!?! I can't wait to see how your amazing Sims and their families evolve over time with MCCC story progression!
  • Options
    > @MrsSteepdene and @ItsASimzLife, I have reuploaded v.5 Snowy Escape populated save file. Can you tell me if it's working now?

whenever i try to download the pop version i get this message: <Error>
    <Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
    <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
    <RequestId>tx41b501c751f74740b57c6-006031690c</RequestId>
    <Key>16154/NU6Hqhy9pwqxCUmbHlhbqJy0SRLZBRowWQDYIbdL3nUOTGpMREXtqiVMAaHa6zqt</Key>
    </Error>
    i haven't checked unpop one yet though
  • Options
    > @ItsASimzLife said:
    > > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > > @MrsSteepdene and @ItsASimzLife, I have reuploaded v.5 Snowy Escape populated save file. Can you tell me if it's working now?
    >
    > whenever i try to download the pop version i get this message: <Error>
    > <Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
    > <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
    > <RequestId>tx41b501c751f74740b57c6-006031690c</RequestId>
    > <Key>16154/NU6Hqhy9pwqxCUmbHlhbqJy0SRLZBRowWQDYIbdL3nUOTGpMREXtqiVMAaHa6zqt</Key>
    > </Error>
    > i haven't checked unpop one yet though

Nevermind i figure out hot to get it....i'll let you know if it works....and thank you!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top