Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Hello Everyone! I made a save file with only my builds and my sims, and I decided to share it with the community.

A few things before I get to the pictures though.
  • Do what you want with these save files, kill sims, marry them to whomever you see fit, whatever you want. Just please do not upload the save files or their contents anywhere. If you want to share with friends, link to this page.
  • I know I'm not the only one who has ever made a save file. I just wanted to challenge myself as a builder and sim maker to see if I could stick with it. Any similarities between my save file and others out there are coincidental. I didn't intentionally copy anyone, these are stories and houses I wanted to make; ones I found interesting.
  • This save file has taken me well over a year to do (redo, and do again). I have made two versions:
  • Populated: For those who want to play with stories and sims they didn't create. With over 100 households, I'm sure someone can find a household they like. All households have backstories but are left open-ended, so you can decide how the stories play out.
  • Non-Populated: The non-populated version has all the houses, community lots, ect, just no Sims. This is for those who love making Sims but aren't fans of building.
  • You can have both save files in your game because they're different slot numbers (75 and 84, respectively).
  • I don't use mods or cc so there are none (or even remnants of them in these saves). Unfortunately, since I don't use mods, the populated version starts out late into Sunday night on the first day. I had to do this to make sure the relationships were representative of the story lines for each household.
  • There are some households that have stories that intertwine, there are families that have some family members living in other worlds. Some households are inspired by (or spoofs of) characters and story lines from tv and movies.
  • Lastly, I assume everyone knows how to install a save file but if anyone has any questions, I'll gladly help as much as possible.
  • Edit: I forgot to mention I used ALL of the packs.

Here are the links:
Version 9: High School Years (Populated)
Version 9: High School Years (Unpopulated)

Version 10: Growing Together (Populated)
Version 10: Growing Together (Unpopulated)

If you want, you can bookmark this thread. As new packs/worlds release, I will update the save file and let you know in this thread. If you play with either save files, let me know what you're doing. I want to see how everyone interprets the stories. Tell me all about it, show pics. If you play it and don't like it, tell me what needs improved upon.

In the next post will be the pictures of the worlds and a few households I can't wait to play with.

Edit: All future updated versions will be added to this first post. All future pictures will be added to second post.

Edit (12/3/2020): I also added a Random Rotation Chart. Explanation and chart in next post.

Edit (7/6/2022): Werewolves Note above, please read. Thanks!

Edit (4/7/2023): Save files have been updated for Growing Together

Edit (9/30/2023): Broken links. Trying to find a fix. I think it may be a forum issued not a SimFileShare issue.

Edit (10/4/2023): The links seem to have been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the support. Enjoy!
Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    It is such a lovely and special idea to both have a save file fill with your builds and sims that you have created as well as sharing it with fellow simmers! It will be such a great save file for simmers to enjoy playing! It is very nice that you have written background story details for the Sims <3
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Thanks @rosemow!
  • serbchick25serbchick25 Posts: 36 Member
    Awesome job! I thought I gave myself a big project with redoing all of the Maxis homes in the game, but wow you took that to an amazing new level!
    Awesome job! I thought I gave myself a big project with redoing all of the Maxis homes in the game, but wow you took that to an amazing new level!

It wasn't easy but I really enjoyed it. It probably wouldn't have taken as long if I weren't so indecisive. At first, I didn't intend on sharing it but I thought others might find it interesting and different.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    This is incredible! I can't wait to download it!!
    Hope you like it. I will say as I'm playing I have found a few minor building things that I've had to fix. Those changes will be fix when I update it.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Great job! Too bad I don't have most of the packs.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Great job! Too bad I don't have most of the packs.

I'm sorry. I've been thinking about doing one with limited packs but I'm not sure how I would do it with the stuff packs. I guess I could use just the EP or GP that the world came with but I really love some of the items in the SPs.
  • islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    Oh this is so exciting, I'm currently updating my own save file for version 4 and I'm so happy to see others are doing save files now!
    Also the populated world looks right up my street with new families and stories. Very cool!
    Feel free to check mine out too (link in signature) and tell me what you think.

Great job chick!
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
    edited August 2019
    isleroux wrote: »
    Oh this is so exciting, I'm currently updating my own save file for version 4 and I'm so happy to see others are doing save files now!
    Also the populated world looks right up my street with new families and stories. Very cool!
    Feel free to check mine out too (link in signature) and tell me what you think.

Great job chick!

Thanks! Hope you like it! I'll definitely check yours out too. I love your sims and have since the beginning of TS4.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just downloaded your save file and it looks amazing! You put so much hard work into it. I can't wait to start playing, thanks for sharing it!
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
    isleroux wrote: »
    Just downloaded your save file and it looks amazing! You put so much hard work into it. I can't wait to start playing, thanks for sharing it!

Thanks! It took about a year or more to do it but it was because I'm indecisive. I downloaded yours too. I haven't played with it yet but I did have a look around, and it's very well done. I can't wait to play around with a few households.
    For anyone who's interested, I'm working on an updated version of both save files. This will include new builds and sims for Glimmerbrook, and maybe even Magic HQ in the Realm. I hope to have it done within the next week.
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    For anyone who's interested, I'm working on an updated version of both save files. This will include new builds and sims for Glimmerbrook, and maybe even Magic HQ in the Realm. I hope to have it done within the next week.

I'm very interested! Can't wait!

I have 2 out 5 lots done in Glimmerbrook, and 2 households made so far. I'm working on a third lot and got the shell built last night, now I have to floor plan, landscape and decorate.

Have you downloaded one of the current save files? If so, which one, and how are you liking it?
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I was going to download one of your saves then saw your post about you working on Glimmerbrook. I will wait patiently for that.
    Greenb70 wrote: »
    I was going to download one of your saves then saw your post about you working on Glimmerbrook. I will wait patiently for that.

Oh, ok. I'd love to know what you think of it when you download it.

I have 2 out 5 lots done in Glimmerbrook, and 2 households made so far. I'm working on a third lot and got the shell built last night, now I have to floor plan, landscape and decorate.

Have you downloaded one of the current save files? If so, which one, and how are you liking it?

I have downloaded the populated one. I am now at work and have a busy weekend but I will hopefully play around with it a little more so I can give you a review on it. :smile:

I have downloaded the populated one. I am now at work and have a busy weekend but I will hopefully play around with it a little more so I can give you a review on it. :smile:

That would be very helpful. I want to let you know there may be a few minor issues with a couple things, mainly build things I missed and a couple sims that I forgot to cheat their career levels. Those have been fixed for the updated version that I'm working on now.

I have a couple real life issues going on right now so I haven't been able to do much today but hopefully things will settle down this weekend.

That would be very helpful. I want to let you know there may be a few minor issues with a couple things, mainly build things I missed and a couple sims that I forgot to cheat their career levels. Those have been fixed for the updated version that I'm working on now.

I have a couple real life issues going on right now so I haven't been able to do much today but hopefully things will settle down this weekend.

Take care of yourself first! No rush.
    Take care of yourself first! No rush.

Thanks for your concern but it wasn't too bad, and everything got resolved yesterday. I'm good now.
    I finally updated my save files for Realm of Magic. I fixed a few things in the other worlds, mostly cosmetic stuff and a few Sims' careers and skills that I missed the first time around. I rebuilt all lots in Glimmerbrook and made four new households for it as well. If anyone is interested that is 113 Households, 372 Sims (including pets), and 181 Lots. I also rebuilt Magic HQ in the Magic Realm. The Maxis Sages are still in the save file because I wasn't sure if it would mess with the game or not if I removed them. Below are pictures of the map view of Glimmerbrook and the residents.

Here are the links to v.2 of my save files:
    Populated
    Non-Populated
    U1oisJM.png
    zGib8Mq.png
    AXAnL82.png
    k0SddFs.png
    zVU16O8.png

If you've downloaded the first version of either save file, you will need to replace it with the new one because they're the same slot numbers. I mainly focused on Realm of Magic in this version but I had been fixing things as I went along in the other worlds. If you don't have RoM, you don't really need the new version unless you want the fixes I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Thanks to all who have downloaded either save file, and for all of the encouragement you've given me. As always, if you download either saves, let me know what you think, tell me who you're playing, share pictures. Tell me all about it...good, bad, and indifferent. :)
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Just downloaded the populated version and should get some play time in today.
    Great! Enjoy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top