Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• amsingamsing Posts: 10 New Member
    I just heard about your save and thought it would be perfect! Excited to play in it. I was hoping to use the unpopulated version, but there seem to be some empty lots, and all of them are populated. I think for now I will just use the populated and replace it with my sims. Just wanted to let you know.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited June 2021
    @amsing wrote: »
    I just heard about your save and thought it would be perfect! Excited to play in it. I was hoping to use the unpopulated version, but there seem to be some empty lots, and all of them are populated. I think for now I will just use the populated and replace it with my sims. Just wanted to let you know.

Hi! Thanks for letting me know.
    What do you mean by empty lots? Nothing on the lot or no furniture in the houses? As for them being populated, they're isn't supposed to be anyone but the sages from Realm of Magic in the save file. I'll check it out.

Edit: Also which version did you download? Eco Lifestyle or Snowy Escape?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Hi! Thanks for letting me know.
    > What do you mean by empty lots? Nothing on the lot or no furniture in the houses? As for them being populated, they're isn't supposed to be anyone but the sages from Realm of Magic in the save file. I'll check it out.
    >
    > Edit: Also which version did you download? Eco Lifestyle or Snowy Escape?

It was the snowy escape file. The empty ones are just 100% nothing there but a sim family, and every lot seems to have a family. I will take a screen shot here in a few.
    edited June 2021
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Hi! Thanks for letting me know.
    > What do you mean by empty lots? Nothing on the lot or no furniture in the houses? As for them being populated, they're isn't supposed to be anyone but the sages from Realm of Magic in the save file. I'll check it out.
    >
    > Edit: Also which version did you download? Eco Lifestyle or Snowy Escape?

It was the snowy escape file. The empty ones are just 100% nothing there but a sim family, and every lot seems to have a family. I will take a screen shot here in a few.

I may have accidentally switched the links. You're the only one that has mentioned this though so I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: I've downloaded the file to see what you're seeing, and all the lots are there in my game, and no sims except for the three sages. Do you have all of the packs? I used them all (up to Snowy Escape), except for Journey to Batuu because I don't have that one.

I'm sorry it's not working for you. I have no idea what could be causing that issue. If it were just a few lots that are empty, I would understand more but I have no idea, honestly.
    > I may have accidentally switched the links. You're the only one that has mentioned this though so I'm not sure what's going on.
    >
    > Edit: I've downloaded the file to see what you're seeing, and all the lots are there in my game, and no sims except for the three sages. Do you have all of the packs? I used them all (up to Snowy Escape), except for Journey to Batuu because I don't have that one.
    >
    > I'm sorry it's not working for you. I have no idea what could be causing that issue. If it were just a few lots that are empty, I would understand more but I have no idea, honestly.

Weird. I do have all the packs. It's not a big deal.

https://imgur.com/LejrT0q
    https://i.imgur.com/qUwwJ0G.png
    https://i.imgur.com/cQwnOeA.png
    https://i.imgur.com/FhgmXKV.png
    edited June 2021
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > I may have accidentally switched the links. You're the only one that has mentioned this though so I'm not sure what's going on.
    >
    > Edit: I've downloaded the file to see what you're seeing, and all the lots are there in my game, and no sims except for the three sages. Do you have all of the packs? I used them all (up to Snowy Escape), except for Journey to Batuu because I don't have that one.
    >
    > I'm sorry it's not working for you. I have no idea what could be causing that issue. If it were just a few lots that are empty, I would understand more but I have no idea, honestly.

Weird. I do have all the packs. It's not a big deal.

https://imgur.com/LejrT0q
    https://i.imgur.com/qUwwJ0G.png
    https://i.imgur.com/cQwnOeA.png
    https://i.imgur.com/FhgmXKV.png

I can't see the pictures. I'm not sure you can post pictures until you're a full member and have so many posts.

Edit: Nevermind. I copied the links to the pictures. Those are definitely my sims. Was that the populated save?

Edit 2: I also downloaded the populated file and it looks like the pictures on the second post of this thread. I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. Try downloading it again and see if it's just a glitch? Or try the populated one and delete the sims. The only difference between the two is the Magic School in Glimmerbrook isn't in the unpopulated file. It's just a regular house. If there are any lots that you want instead, most of them are on my gallery. The username is the same as here (SweetieWright_84). You can also search my builds using the hashtag for each world as well. Some of the lot names are different though because I built them not intending for them to go into the save files.
  • SpectraDevilSpectraDevil Posts: 8 New Member
    I adore your save file I haven't got bored enough to switch saves since snowy escape lol. Just curious to know but will you have an update for us after Cottage living is out, possibly with all the sims likes and dislikes? Im not sure weather to wait or add my own. Thanks a bunch!
    I adore your save file I haven't got bored enough to switch saves since snowy escape lol. Just curious to know but will you have an update for us after Cottage living is out, possibly with all the sims likes and dislikes? Im not sure weather to wait or add my own. Thanks a bunch!

I'm glad you're enjoying the save file.
    I will be updating it for Cottage Living. I'm really excited about that pack as it is, and I can't wait to create new lots and new sims. I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but short of unforseen circumstances, I will have it on release day. I'll probably start working on updating everything soon but I probably won't release the updated version until after Cottage Living comes out. There are a lot of things I want to fix, for instance, I haven't fixed the make-up for most of the current sims, and they have way too much blush on :D. I also plan to update a few lots but I'm not sure if they'll be fixed by the time the pack comes out. As usual, it will be on the first page of this thread.
    > I can't see the pictures. I'm not sure you can post pictures until you're a full member and have so many posts.
    >
    > Edit: Nevermind. I copied the links to the pictures. Those are definitely my sims. Was that the populated save?
    >
    > Edit 2: I also downloaded the populated file and it looks like the pictures on the second post of this thread. I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. Try downloading it again and see if it's just a glitch? Or try the populated one and delete the sims. The only difference between the two is the Magic School in Glimmerbrook isn't in the unpopulated file. It's just a regular house. If there are any lots that you want instead, most of them are on my gallery. The username is the same as here (SweetieWright_84). You can also search my builds using the hashtag for each world as well. Some of the lot names are different though because I built them not intending for them to go into the save files.

I downloaded both when I first did it, and decided to delete the sims. It was no biggie. I was just worried that maybe it would affect others, but it's just me lol. Anyway! Thanks so much for all your work!
    > I'm glad you're enjoying the save file.
    > I will be updating it for Cottage Living. I'm really excited about that pack as it is, and I can't wait to create new lots and new sims. I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but short of unforseen circumstances, I will have it on release day. I'll probably start working on updating everything soon but I probably won't release the updated version until after Cottage Living comes out. There are a lot of things I want to fix, for instance, I haven't fixed the make-up for most of the current sims, and they have way too much blush on :D. I also plan to update a few lots but I'm not sure if they'll be fixed by the time the pack comes out. As usual, it will be on the first page of this thread.

Haha its funny you mention the blush that was something I was slowly tweaking myself. Yeah I gathered as much no one can have it all completed In such a short space of time, were only mere mortals. Just take your time I think Its better to make us impatient buffoons wait than to have it rushed and have imperfections. I was mainly curious about the like and dislikes since its a big job to add them all with so many sims I wouldn't blame you not to have them done in your next update. That's why I thought I would ask. Keep up the amazing work!
    amsing wrote: »
    > I can't see the pictures. I'm not sure you can post pictures until you're a full member and have so many posts.
    >
    > Edit: Nevermind. I copied the links to the pictures. Those are definitely my sims. Was that the populated save?
    >
    > Edit 2: I also downloaded the populated file and it looks like the pictures on the second post of this thread. I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. Try downloading it again and see if it's just a glitch? Or try the populated one and delete the sims. The only difference between the two is the Magic School in Glimmerbrook isn't in the unpopulated file. It's just a regular house. If there are any lots that you want instead, most of them are on my gallery. The username is the same as here (SweetieWright_84). You can also search my builds using the hashtag for each world as well. Some of the lot names are different though because I built them not intending for them to go into the save files.

I downloaded both when I first did it, and decided to delete the sims. It was no biggie. I was just worried that maybe it would affect others, but it's just me lol. Anyway! Thanks so much for all your work!

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Are either working now?
    > I'm glad you're enjoying the save file.
    > I will be updating it for Cottage Living. I'm really excited about that pack as it is, and I can't wait to create new lots and new sims. I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but short of unforseen circumstances, I will have it on release day. I'll probably start working on updating everything soon but I probably won't release the updated version until after Cottage Living comes out. There are a lot of things I want to fix, for instance, I haven't fixed the make-up for most of the current sims, and they have way too much blush on :D. I also plan to update a few lots but I'm not sure if they'll be fixed by the time the pack comes out. As usual, it will be on the first page of this thread.

Haha its funny you mention the blush that was something I was slowly tweaking myself. Yeah I gathered as much no one can have it all completed In such a short space of time, were only mere mortals. Just take your time I think Its better to make us impatient buffoons wait than to have it rushed and have imperfections. I was mainly curious about the like and dislikes since its a big job to add them all with so many sims I wouldn't blame you not to have them done in your next update. That's why I thought I would ask. Keep up the amazing work!

The likes/dislikes are going to be a decent undertaking for sure, but I'll probably focus on a jumping off point--maybe one or two of each, and the rest be discovered through gameplay. That is if they add more options. I may skip the decor so the sims aren't criticizing everything. That has been something that I've noticed with my gameplay recently. I'm more concerned with getting the updated builds done in time as I've been going through a long period of builder's block. I'm sure it will work itself out in the end. I love building and creating for these saves. I mean I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it. The support from everyone does motivate me as well.
    > The likes/dislikes are going to be a decent undertaking for sure, but I'll probably focus on a jumping off point--maybe one or two of each, and the rest be discovered through gameplay. That is if they add more options. I may skip the decor so the sims aren't criticizing everything. That has been something that I've noticed with my gameplay recently. I'm more concerned with getting the updated builds done in time as I've been going through a long period of builder's block. I'm sure it will work itself out in the end. I love building and creating for these saves. I mean I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it. The support from everyone does motivate me as well.

Well thank you for your input. I have found that as well. Personally I like to add one like and one dislike in each section and leave the decor blank. Aw, nuu I don't know if this is any help to you but when I get some sort of creativity block I take a break and come back to it a few days later and that's what helps me. Hopefully it wont hinder you for to much longer. Can't wait to see what your genius comes up with though.
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > The likes/dislikes are going to be a decent undertaking for sure, but I'll probably focus on a jumping off point--maybe one or two of each, and the rest be discovered through gameplay. That is if they add more options. I may skip the decor so the sims aren't criticizing everything. That has been something that I've noticed with my gameplay recently. I'm more concerned with getting the updated builds done in time as I've been going through a long period of builder's block. I'm sure it will work itself out in the end. I love building and creating for these saves. I mean I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it. The support from everyone does motivate me as well.

Well thank you for your input. I have found that as well. Personally I like to add one like and one dislike in each section and leave the decor blank. Aw, nuu I don't know if this is any help to you but when I get some sort of creativity block I take a break and come back to it a few days later and that's what helps me. Hopefully it wont hinder you for to much longer. Can't wait to see what your genius comes up with though.

You're too kind. I wouldn't call anything I do genius, far from it. I do alright but genius is a really strong word :D. I have learned a lot and still have a lot more to learn.

I usually take a break and come back with fresh eyes as well. I've actually been doing a lot more gameplay lately, so I think that's taking priority and that's what's blocking me but I'm having so much fun.

I'm really excited for this new pack so I feel like it will spark some creativity in me. I've been looking up reference pictures for ideas. Once I see the world I can start planning what is going into it. Then, I'll be good to go.
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    I have seen you're looking to update once Cottage Living releases (it's so exciting isn't it!), but one thing I wondered was if you would consider expanding the Clubs system. I would love to see more clubs available and your townies integrated in to them. I have added a couple already for myself in my current game. I realise this is quite an undertaking along with the other updates you want to do, so feel free to say no!
    edited June 2021
    I have seen you're looking to update once Cottage Living releases (it's so exciting isn't it!), but one thing I wondered was if you would consider expanding the Clubs system. I would love to see more clubs available and your townies integrated in to them. I have added a couple already for myself in my current game. I realise this is quite an undertaking along with the other updates you want to do, so feel free to say no!

That's a really good suggestion. At the time of making the original save file, I didn't use clubs that much and I was at a loss of the types of clubs to do. What kind of clubs would you like to see? More kids' clubs? A singles club? It may be a while before I add anymore but I will definitely keep that suggestion in mind.
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    Kids clubs would be good, perhaps meeting at the library to do homework, play chess and read. A single's club meeting at a bar to dance and find romance. Some hobby clubs eg gardening, bowling, painting. Maybe employment based clubs, scientists, computer geeks. These are just a few ideas to get you going, lol.
    Kids clubs would be good, perhaps meeting at the library to do homework, play chess and read. A single's club meeting at a bar to dance and find romance. Some hobby clubs eg gardening, bowling, painting. Maybe employment based clubs, scientists, computer geeks. These are just a few ideas to get you going, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions. It does give me some ideas. Like I said in my previous comment, it may take some time but I'll see what I can do.
    Question for the ones using my unpopulated save file: Would you like me to make Sulani and Mt. Komorebi exclusively vacation worlds? All of the builds will be the same (except the vet clinic in Sulani), they'll just be rentals. With the vet clinic in Sulani, I would turn it into a souvenir shop. Let me know what you think.

Also, a mini-update, I've been working on updating the save files. I've given all sims likes and dislikes, and a few sims got makeovers. I've also been rebuilding some of the lots that I didn't like. I'm trying to get everything done before Cottage Living is released so I can focus on HoB.
  • rosalegal2005rosalegal2005 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello!! Will your Save be updated with the latest Cottage Living expansion pack? I love your work, I have several families saved all with your work. The Sims are beautiful, the constructions well done, beautiful names, anyway I love them. That's why I want to make another one with the latest expansion. Thank you!! Stay safe!!
    Hello!! Will your Save be updated with the latest Cottage Living expansion pack? I love your work, I have several families saved all with your work. The Sims are beautiful, the constructions well done, beautiful names, anyway I love them. That's why I want to make another one with the latest expansion. Thank you!! Stay safe!!

Hi! Yes, I'm updating the save files for Cottage Living. I'm currently working on the builds. I have 1 more build left to do, the 64×64 lot, and it's a struggle but I'm sure I'll figure out the landscaping eventually. After I finish the builds, I can start working on the households. I'm planning on having 7 households in that world, not sure of how many sims per household.
    Hello All! I have finished the updates for Cottage Living. You will find the links and pictures on page 1.

While I was anxiously awaiting the release of Cottage Living, I gave a few worlds a much-needed make over. I rebuilt several lots in Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, and San Myshuno, so be sure to check out the new pictures to se what I've done. Also, I replaced a household in Forgotten Hollow with two paranormal investigator siblings.

Now, on to Cottage Living (Henford-on-Bagley): There are seven new households to play, and three retail lots: Finchwick Antiques, Finchwick Bookstore, and Finchwick Art Supplies. I left the Mayor, Scott, Creature Keeper, and the grocer households alone. They're still in the game, just not in the world.

Enjoy! :)
  • ailujmsailujms Posts: 27 Member
    I absolutely adore your save file, thank you for your work and for such a quick update to include Henford-On-Bagley!
    @ailujms wrote: »
    I absolutely adore your save file, thank you for your work and for such a quick update to include Henford-On-Bagley!

I'm glad you enjoy it. :smile:
  • CloeKimuraCloeKimura Posts: 11 New Member
    I absolutely love this build. I can almost never find any that keep the original sims in the game, but your's did! I'll be using this one from now on!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top