Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we see anymore build TOOLS in TS4?

@SimGuruHouts A very simple question, will we see anymore build tools in TS4 before it ends? (not talking about build mode objects, but actual tools). Yes or no?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What tools do you want?
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    I love building so terrain tools would be a dream come true. I'd be able to add so much more detail to things, but I understand that it would be extremely difficult to code into the game. I'd love the ability to build water bodies ( lakes, ponds), even if they're not function.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    My big one is terrain tools. I never thought I'd miss them but I do so much. I tend to think we will not get them though because it seems like it'd take a lot of reworking to get them in. I don't know for sure because I'm not a programmer in any stretch of imagination but they seem like something that would have to be included from the foundation of the game?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I miss terrain and pond tools a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What tools do you want?

ANY new tools! Something to make the game more creative for builders! We obviously are not going to receive tools we have been asking for, so give us something new! Anything is better than nothing! Can you think of anything, Dan?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2018
    At the moment, my only gripe is stair building.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    At the moment, my only gripe is stair building.

Yes, we definitely need more stair types!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I really hope so. I would just love a patch that focuses entirely on adding new build mode features, including terrain editing and custom pond creation, amongst many others.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    1.) Porch roof tool - I have a hard time placing a roof in front of a window just because I can't get the pitch low enough without moving the windows (Do I have to use moveobjects for something so simple?)

2.) Glass roof

3.) Ability to build higher floors

4.) Terrain tools
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really want the pool tool back and the ability to add fish spawners. I also was thinking it'd be cool to have a sand tool that you could place and be able to dig for stuff like seashells or even hide stuff in it. It would be fun to download these lots to have your sim explore and find things that other players buried.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would love multi level foundations, not just for the first floor but for any floor, also more than just four floor levels.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes please!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    My big one is terrain tools. I never thought I'd miss them but I do so much. I tend to think we will not get them though because it seems like it'd take a lot of reworking to get them in. I don't know for sure because I'm not a programmer in any stretch of imagination but they seem like something that would have to be included from the foundation of the game?

There are images from the BETA that show sloped lots. It was probably taken out so the Gallery would be able to seamlessly place lots from the Community.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd like to see more stair options, sliding glass doors, celling beams & ability to not be restricted when it comes to foundations, I'd like to have parts of my houses on foundations and some level to the ground.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'd like split-level houses, ie, being able to choose where the foundation goes, instead of it being under all floor/wall combos, also having multiple heights of foundation used at the same time and curved walls/half walls/railings.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Oh and also the ability to like split the walls into 3 sections we can have actual backsplash for kitchens / bathrooms or wherever
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I'd really love L shaped and spiral shaped staircases AND the option to place sheds without foundation and your house with, or the other way around.... it annoys the hell out of me that sheds and other buildings on your lot have to be on foundations as well, even thoughv they aren't connected to the house ><
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited January 2018
    They won't comment on future content so I doubt you'll get an answer to this.

ETA: I do wish they could out and definitely say no we won't be adding terrain tools, world building tools, or color wheel.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I'd like to see more stair options, sliding glass doors, celling beams & ability to not be restricted when it comes to foundations, I'd like to have parts of my houses on foundations and some level to the ground.

i've always wondered why sims 4 doesn't have sliding glass doors. my favorite door to the back porch or back yard.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2018
    aprilrose wrote: »

i've always wondered why sims 4 doesn't have sliding glass doors. my favorite door to the back porch or back yard.

!! Yes. Ughhh - I need sliding doors back. I miss them; and I miss stairs that aren't so big and bulky. Spiral stairs are extremely missed. I'd also love some L-shaped stairs as well. :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I could definitely use the terrain and pond tools. I love having ponds in my sims' homes. Spiral staircases need to make a comeback too.

I'm not much of a builder so I don't have a lot of ideas, but it would be also great if they could introduce a new build tool that's never been done before.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    They won't comment on future content so I doubt you'll get an answer to this.

ETA: I do wish they could out and definitely say no we won't be adding terrain tools, world building tools, or color wheel.

I am not asking for specifics, just a yes or no if we can expect anymore tools. Not asking to reveal what tools we will see, just if we can expect anymore tools before the end of TS4.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We need...

Split Levels
    Foundations fixed so only the building you're working on gets it not every building on the lot
    Water and elevation tools
    L-shape and spiral stairs
    Sliding glass doors

Missing so many basics.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Something I really want to see implemented in game are new types of windows, doors, and stairs. I want to see sliding doors, revolving doors, skylights, escalators, spiral stairs.... I'm sure some if these are more easily implemented than others but come on...
    I would also quite like to be able to make ponds with an actual pond tool rather than spending ages making a pool look semi believable. ALSO round wall/pool tools please, we have the roofs for it now
    I'm not expecting terrain tools, but a bit more flexibility with what we have would be nice.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I hope so. The builders need to be able to build - period. It's unfair for these really talented simmers to have so little build wise in a sims game. It's how they play the sims. So definitely hoping build tools do come their way soon.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....