Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we see anymore build TOOLS in TS4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The last I checked a lot of players where still asking for a CAW tool. The lack of has been the biggest disappointment thus far
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    We haven't seen any new terrain paint or roof patterns in awhile either. I would love to see curved walls too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I hope so. The builders need to be able to build - period. It's unfair for these really talented simmers to have so little build wise in a sims game. It's how they play the sims. So definitely hoping build tools do come their way soon.

@Writin_Reg Thank you so much for putting it exactly the way I feel. You have a great way with words! :smiley:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Definitely need more build tools. Personally, I’d be happy with auto roof because I’m horrible at roofing
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    good to know that i'm not the only one who is terrible at roofing.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    What I’d really love is the ability to make a true split level home OR a home with a loft. So any tools that allowed something like that would be great. As well, l-shaped and curved or spiral stairs... stair manipulation tool maybe? Terrain tools would be awesome as well.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    And 10 years later, you won't still get any answer...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I think building (and world building, in particular) is the most needed thing for me in this game now. I won't hold my breath on the world building, but these worlds are really growing stale for me and it definitely puts a damper on my game. I feel so desperate to make the landscapes my own with no tools to do so. :(

Anyway, as for building, I want:
    - stairs
    - real player-made apartments
    - elevators for all lots
    - ponds and/or terrain tools
    - more grungy stuff is always welcome
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    -spiral, u, and l shaped stairs
    -skylight options
    -elevators
    -terrain tools
    -freizes (multi level foundations)
    -sliding glass doors
    -one tile closet(s)
    -being able to actually delete individual tiles instead of using a wall workaround
    -garage doors (filling the void of making houses w/o a garage all the time)
    -a mansard roof option
    -“markers” to make custom townhouses/apartment buildings

...can’t think of any others
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    [quote="x_Always_Heart_x;c-16300521"]-spiral, u, and l shaped stairs
    -skylight options
    -elevators
    -terrain tools
    -freizes (multi level foundations)
    -sliding glass doors
    -one tile closet(s)
    -being able to actually delete individual tiles instead of using a wall workaround
    -garage doors (filling the void of making houses w/o a garage all the time)
    -a mansard roof option
    -“markers” to make custom townhouses/apartment buildings

...can’t think of any others[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes! Skylights for sure! Love your ideas
  • Options
    ZenzikaZenzika Posts: 14 New Member
    So many great ideas! I‘d also love to have the option to make a community/private lot, so my sim can live on top of their shop. That’d be so cool to make like a shopping lot, and then apartments on top.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm chiming in to say that I would definitely welcome more build tools and features. I also agree with the requests for auto-roofing. I find the roofing to be a bit complicated, so I probably don't build as much as I would if auto-roofing were an option.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited February 2018
    Zenzika wrote: »
    So many great ideas! I‘d also love to have the option to make a community/private lot, so my sim can live on top of their shop. That’d be so cool to make like a shopping lot, and then apartments on top.

Seconding this idea! It would save me so much space if my business owners could live on their business lots. Also, having other ownable community lot types (like the LittleMsSam mod), and maybe even combining lot types like TS2 & TS3 did. Like having a cafe/lounge where both parts function. Or museum/retail, library/cafe... and so on.
  • Options
    ZenzikaZenzika Posts: 14 New Member
    > @pixiejuice said:
    > Zenzika wrote: »
    >
    > So many great ideas! I‘d also love to have the option to make a community/private lot, so my sim can live on top of their shop. That’d be so cool to make like a shopping lot, and then apartments on top.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seconding this idea! It would save me so much space if my business owners could live on their business lots. Also, having other ownable community lot types (like the LittleMsSam mod), and maybe even combining lot types like TS2 & TS3 did. Like having a cafe/lounge where both parts function. Or museum/retail, library/cafe... and so on.

Yesss, I mean, wouldn't it be a great "remedy" for the "too small worlds"-problem? Maybe in combination with a higher floor limit than 4. There'd be so many possibilities :)
  • Options
    jjthegymnastjjthegymnast Posts: 3 New Member
    > @ehaught58 said:
    > @SimGuruHouts A very simple question, will we see anymore build tools in TS4 before it ends? (not talking about build mode objects, but actual tools). Yes or no?

I really would love for the terrain tools and water tools to come back. My hobby is recreating homes and designing others' dream homes (or real homes) on the sims, but it is restricted heavily in terms of what I can recreate without these tools. Also, I know this isn't a tool necessarily, but I want bigger lots! I mean the sims equivalent to acres and acres for a lot. If they were to bring back horses, how could I make a ranch? Many simmers love recreating their homes on the sims, but so many people can't if their real lot exceeds maybe half an acre or so. My home is on 2 acres, and is 5200 square feet. How in the world am I going to recreate that? ugh it is so frustrating.

Other build tools/fixes I would like to see soon:

-more stair tools (grand staircases that are wider toward the bottom, curved staircases but not a full spiral, staircases with landings, split level)
    -countertops of different heights. I would like to recreate a certain kitchen but the kitchen island is two slightly different heights. I would like to create an island where the inside part (the side inside the kitchen) is slightly lower than the outside, so that it can be a raised bar with bar stools. It would also work to separate the space a bit so it is not one double wide island. (I hope that description made any sense.)
    -different sink heights/styles. Again on recreating my home, the sinks in my house are mostly bowl sinks; the type that sinks on top of the counter. I would like more options for the height or style of the sinks: some that sit on top, some that are level with the counters)
    -fix the room building situation. I hate how on the sims 4, you cannot simply delete individual wall or floor tiles. If I make a large home, with interconnected rooms and halls, all fit with their own ceilings and such, but need to delete one wall tile, the whole ceiling disappear, because It is so longer registered as a complete room. In fact, this is why I'm on this forum as we speak.
    -fix roofing issues. Another issue that drives me mad is when you create a home that has an incomplete second floor, meaning the second floor does not completely cover the first floor, the roof over the first floor intersects into the walls of the top floor. Again, I apologize if made no sense.
    -there are many more ideas that come to mind from time to time, but I can't seem to think of anymore.
  • Options
    > @jjthegymnast said:
    > > @ehaught58 said:
    > > @SimGuruHouts A very simple question, will we see anymore build tools in TS4 before it ends? (not talking about build mode objects, but actual tools). Yes or no?
    >
    > I really would love for the terrain tools and water tools to come back. My hobby is recreating homes and designing others' dream homes (or real homes) on the sims, but it is restricted heavily in terms of what I can recreate without these tools. Also, I know this isn't a tool necessarily, but I want bigger lots! I mean the sims equivalent to acres and acres for a lot. If they were to bring back horses, how could I make a ranch? Many simmers love recreating their homes on the sims, but so many people can't if their real lot exceeds maybe half an acre or so. My home is on 2 acres, and is 5200 square feet. How in the world am I going to recreate that? ugh it is so frustrating.
    >
    > Other build tools/fixes I would like to see soon:
    >
    > -more stair tools (grand staircases that are wider toward the bottom, curved staircases but not a full spiral, staircases with landings, split level)
    > -countertops of different heights. I would like to recreate a certain kitchen but the kitchen island is two slightly different heights. I would like to create an island where the inside part (the side inside the kitchen) is slightly lower than the outside, so that it can be a raised bar with bar stools. It would also work to separate the space a bit so it is not one double wide island. (I hope that description made any sense.)
    > -different sink heights/styles. Again on recreating my home, the sinks in my house are mostly bowl sinks; the type that sinks on top of the counter. I would like more options for the height or style of the sinks: some that sit on top, some that are level with the counters)
    > -fix the room building situation. I hate how on the sims 4, you cannot simply delete individual wall or floor tiles. If I make a large home, with interconnected rooms and halls, all fit with their own ceilings and such, but need to delete one wall tile, the whole ceiling disappear, because It is so longer registered as a complete room. In fact, this is why I'm on this forum as we speak.
    > -fix roofing issues. Another issue that drives me mad is when you create a home that has an incomplete second floor, meaning the second floor does not completely cover the first floor, the roof over the first floor intersects into the walls of the top floor. Again, I apologize if made no sense.
    > -there are many more ideas that come to mind from time to time, but I can't seem to think of anymore.
    >

another thing: curved walls. The room tools could remain the same, but there could be a curved option to add to the corners to round them by one square.

-CAW or Create A Neighborhood (pls:((()
  • Options
    > @Zenzika said:
    > > @pixiejuice said:
    > > Zenzika wrote: »
    > >
    > > So many great ideas! I‘d also love to have the option to make a community/private lot, so my sim can live on top of their shop. That’d be so cool to make like a shopping lot, and then apartments on top.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Seconding this idea! It would save me so much space if my business owners could live on their business lots. Also, having other ownable community lot types (like the LittleMsSam mod), and maybe even combining lot types like TS2 & TS3 did. Like having a cafe/lounge where both parts function. Or museum/retail, library/cafe... and so on.
    >
    >
    > Yesss, I mean, wouldn't it be a great "remedy" for the "too small worlds"-problem? Maybe in combination with a higher floor limit than 4. There'd be so many possibilities :)
    >

YES! I also like the idea of creating a mall, complete with shops and stores owned by several different sims or one (very rich) sim.
    side note: not a build tool necessarily, but it would be cool to bring back the "become a partner" interaction in businesses.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2018
    Terrain and pond tools would be my top priority more than anything. But, I'd dearly love the following as well:

1. Independent foundations
    2. A proper bridge tool
    3. More wallpapers and tiles with colors that match
    4. More windows, doors, columns, archways, stairs, railings, fencing and gates with colors that match. Also, more colors for doors and windows we already have that only come in white.
    5. More diagonal build abilities such as stairs.
    6. Ceiling colors, textures and objects such as beams
    7. The ability to put stairs on round platforms anywhere I want to put them.
    8. More roof colors and textures
    9. Outside wall objects that don't snap to the top of a foundation if I have one
    10. Foundation/basement windows
    11. Independent, stackable windows that can be placed anywhere on a wall I want to put them.
    12. Chimney extensions that match those we already have in the game. I'd love fireplaces to be independent too so I can make an outside patio/bbq area without needing a wall to place it.
    13. Built in, stackable ovens, microwaves and independent cooktops that can be placed in islands or on any counter.
    14. Coffeepots, tea makers and microwaves with the ability to place them anywhere on the counter we want.
    15. Indpendent Showerheads/fixtures so we can make our own custom shower stalls
    16. Matching 1 & 2 tile gates for fencing that doesn't have them already
    17. More customizable, empty shelving units with plenty of slots
    18. Staircases that go inside pools so Sims can walk down in the water if they choose rather than just using a ladder or jumping in
    19. Loft ladders and spiral staircases
    20. Hanging ceiling lights that can be raised and lowered to any height we want and their suspension chains/rods, etc. will adjust accordingly.

I could keep going, but I'll stop here for now. I know it's probably not possible for all of this, but a builder can dream, eh? :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Regarding L-shaped stairs: I'd love to build my grandparents' Sears house (ordered & delivered from Sears mail catalog), but I'd need more flexibility than a fixed-L-shaped stair. I'd need to be able to set landings where I needed, make them as long as I needed, & have 3 different staircases (different types!) going from the landing.

Old houses are like that--they have variable foundations, variable levels. You go up the first flight of stairs to the landing, and there's a short stair off to the side to a study, the usual second half of the stairway up to the next floor, & a 'sneaky' spiral staircase down to the kitchen. I grew up in a neighborhood of such houses, each one different. (Got after-school jobs cleaning a lot of them, too, so I became very familiar w/'em!) I'd love to re-create them in TS4, but I can only approximate them.