Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I'm done with building the house and I really like it. The only issue is that it costs 100k simoleons :open_mouth: Margo's gonna have to paint a bunch to get that much money, which is why I'm going to first save up about 25k to buy the small gallery / retail lot I created for her and from there it should be easier to buy this house. I don't know why it costs so much, I think it's the large pool and the plants. The house has everything that's needed and is furnished, even though there's rooms that look pretty good and rooms that are just empty. There's a nice patio, a playground for the kids, I managed to put in the pond and a garden at the side. Plus I made a cowplant pen because I really want to have several of them. If more space is needed for anything the pond can be removed and the space there used. If any of you are interested (you might want to remove a lot of the more 'unnecessary' stuff like plants, planters, the pool... stuff like that) it can be found on the gallery using the hashtag #TooExpensive. It's literally the only lot with that hashtag :smiley:

NewHouse-01.png

I feel like it's mostly an improved version of the house I made and was unhappy with. Still, I like it a lot better than what the family currently is in. I'm thinking about creating another house that's a bit cheaper because I think 100k is too much for most families.

Ooohhh! Love love the house! You did great! I'll have to look it over and see about using it for my 100 baby challenge (which I am 98% sure the house I'm using now is one of yours. I didn't put it together until just recently. :D:D )
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ThomasLeThomasThomasLeThomas Posts: 78 Member
    So, I gave up. :sweat:
    Two toddlers and three babies was just too much PLUS it started stressing me out in real life too. If a game actually affects my "health" like that even after I stopped playing, I think it's best to just stop.
    Also, I'm gonna do a Legacy first, gonna get some experience in both generations and writing :smile:
    I got a new blog! Click here!
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I am going to put my 100 Baby game on a short hiatus while the vampire pack is out.. Usually when a new pack comes out.. it tends to "break" things and I don't want it mess up my game. So while I explore the new pack and figure out what is broken (mod/cc wise).. they will be on a short back burner.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited January 2017
    @ThomasLeThomas If the challenge is too much stress for you, by all means stop playing it. I wouldn't want anyone to risk their health, both mental and physical, for it! I personally am stressed sometimes too but I generally tend to react by focusing on a single sim at a time and that makes it easier for me to relax while playing. Do you want me to remove the link to your wordpress blog?
    @Fizzstix I'm doing the same, actually. I think we'll all take a while off to experience the vampires :smile:
    @ChelleJo Thanks so much! I think this house is much better than any of the ones I built before :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    ThomasLeThomasThomasLeThomas Posts: 78 Member
    @Erica87 Yeah, you can remove it ^-^ I'm gonna do other stuff on that blog now
    I got a new blog! Click here!
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    @VanillaChai I have home studio, great soil and on ley line. Home studio does make sims inspired but only when they do something that actually requires them to be inspired. I feel like it's some sort of deco object around the chess table but I just can't find it. I hope it'll be fixed in the new house, if not then I'll have to move the chess table somewhere else and I really like where it is. I've stopped breeding frogs because I only need one more to complete the collection and I'm worried that I might complete it by accident... It's an end goal in the collector's aspiration so I want to wait untill Margo reaches that stage.
    I just have to say that I love your game's aesthetics. I'm not one for alpha custom content normally but it looks great in your game and it really fits your sims. I also love Jack Westfall, he's got awesome genetics and I can definitely see why you picked him :smiley: Those blue eyes tho :open_mouth: It's really interesting that Ginny has blonde hair while Daenerys has ginger one. The other way around would've been more true to the characters but this way around it makes them more distinct from their movie / tv series counterparts. It's amazing that the whole family works together to build a better backyard and I really love how the pool area turned out. Your backyard is a lot more natural than what I usually do. Love that the newest baby's name is Hermione... She's my favourite character :smile:
    I know how it feels when three sims leave at once...

I saw that you figured out your inspired dilemma. I had no clue that orchids had inspiring moodlets! Thanks for that info @Karababy52 .
    Ahh that's a good reason to stop breeding frogs. Well, once you finish the collector's aspiration you should breed Whirlyflowers with more Whirlyflowers and sell them for lots of money. You'll get $160 per frog, times however many people you have in the household who are toddlers or older... two or three times a day. Just make sure when you're selling them that you save 2 in your inventory to breed again.

Well thank you! I'm very very picky with my alpha custom content. I only like SOME of it... most of it makes me cringe. I'm glad you like what I've chosen. Jack is definitely a favorite. A lot of the dads from this point forward were downloads from the gallery that I didn't really change - sometimes I change a name or something, but mostly I just threw a lot of cute guys into my town as possible options. I didn't have the Command Center until a couple of days ago, but now I'm excited to finally have other people having babies in my town! Should help with more daddy selection later in the challenge, I hope.

I found it funny that Ginny and Daenerys had opposite hair colors from their namesakes as well. It all just happens randomly. With the alphabetical naming scheme, I have no clue who will end up with which name or genes to match, so it's a fun surprise.

They love the new backyard... I swear, they are ALWAYS outside now. I'm glad you like it. :smile:

Yay Hermione! She's my favorite, too! And I know you can relate to losing three of the kids at once. It's tough. Luckily I see them around town all the time and they're just a few houses away. :smiley:

Thanks for checking out my story and for your feedback.

@ThomasLeThomas - Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. You had a VERY rough start with twins and then triplets right from the beginning. I think that would stress any of us out! Hopefully you try again sometime. I'll keep following your blog to see your Legacy stuff if you do post about them. Legacy challenges are a blast. I've been working on mine basically since launch and I'm in Generation 8 now - so hopefully I'll finish it up someday. Best of luck with your Legacy and whatever else you choose to do. :smile:

Everybody enjoy the new vampires pack! It could be a while before I actually get it, so I'm excited to hear what you all think. Now back to (hopefully) getting my blog all caught up!
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    @VanillaChai Just started and got caught up on your blog! Jack is certainly a looker too!
  • Options
    @Fizzstix I'm doing the same, actually. I think we'll all take a while off to experience the vampires :smile:

@Erica87 I recently downloaded a new house for my family, so I am anxious to get back to them. The new house was working out so well for them.
  • Options
    JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    I've been playing a lot of this challenge in the past three days, and I have a load of screenshots to share with you!!

fdrm87.jpg
    This is my matriarch, Phoebe Sawyer.
    Aspiration: Big Happy Family
    Traits: Family-Oriented, Creative, Romantic, Domestic

15nxe7t.png
    Her first kiss was with J Huntington III, behind her house in Willow Creek.

b4xkiu.png
    J asked Phoebe to join her at the Humor and Hijinks Festival, and she just had to go, she had always wanted to see the city!

dqrsbn.png
    Here Phoebe is, in her third trimester, with her friend Penny Pizzazz. It doesn't look like she's enjoying herself too much...

zxk8yc.png
    Phoebe is in labor!! Phoebe looks really depressed, I guess she isn't too happy about giving birth to so many kids!

34yw502.png
    It's a boy!!! Phoebe just gave birth to her first child, William Sawyer.

1538xmc.png
    Right after William was born Phoebe called up Travis Scott, and now Phoebe is pregnant with Travis' baby!!

2jb2mhf.png
    William aged up!! He rolled the charmer trait! He doesn't look too happy though, maybe he's lonely. That will definitely change soon.

2j67jh0.png
    Here Phoebe is with her newly born baby boy, Oliver Sawyer. I here Travis has good genes, hopefully it's true!

2mqrecy.png
    Typical Phoebe. Right after Oliver was born she decided to call over Paolo, and you can probably guess how that ended...

1ep72h.png
    Oliver aged up!! He rolled the fussy trait! I like his hair, does anyone know where I can get mine done like that?

2ldapon.jpg
    On the side Phoebe has taken up painting!! She's getting pretty good, hopefully she'll make some masterpieces soon!!

xd776f.png
    Phoebe gave birth... to triplets!!! She gave birth to three girls, Evelyn, Penny, and Margo Sawyer!!

zl9fdy.png
    I've updated the kitchen, since Phoebe had some extra money from painting and gardening.

mma2ja.png
    After a while, Evelyn, Penny, and Margo aged up!! Evelyn rolled the fussy trait, Penny rolled the wild trait, and Margo rolled the silly trait!! Margo is definitely my favorite of the triplets!!

That's all that I've really done! William and Oliver will be aging up soon, and Phoebe is going to have a rough time with the triplets!! Stay tuned!!

Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Triplets?! Oh my. You'll have a handful when they age up. Very awesome though.
  • Options
    @Rawla Thanks!! Yeah, the triplets are a handful, it doesn't make it easier that Evelyn is fussy and Penny is wild! xD
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    XDJSIMMERX wrote: »
    @Rawla Thanks!! Yeah, the triplets are a handful, it doesn't make it easier that Evelyn is fussy and Penny is wild! xD

Oh goodness, Fussy toddlers are very difficult. I don't envy you. lol I hope you keep your sanity with them. :smiley:
  • Options
    @XDJSIMMERX Ohhh... triplets! I am a little jealous. How insane am I? Love your pictures and family. Do you have a naming scheme?
  • Options
    @Fizzstix Thanks!! I don't have a naming scheme yet, but when the second generation comes I probably will =)
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    @Rawla I hopefully will keep my sanity. Because of the triplets I've decided to age up when the toddlers get all their skills to level 3 =)
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    @Rawla I hopefully will keep my sanity. Because of the triplets I've decided to age up when the toddlers get all their skills to level 3 =)

That sounds like a very good idea. I wish you success!

• Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    @RubeySim - Thanks for checking them out. I can't take credit for Jack - he's up on the gallery along with Christopher and Liam - created by emcu123

@XDJSIMMERX - Phoebe is so pretty... I just love her freckles, too! Looks like she's off to a great start, but oh man.. triplets - one wild and one fussy?? Yikes! She's definitely going to be busy. All the kids are adorable. Can't wait to see more! :smile:
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    @VanillaChai Thanks so much! I will definitely be posting more photos soon! :)
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Rawla Thanks! Hopefully I succeed. Last time I tried this challenge I saved another file over my 100 Baby Challenge file by accident. Hopefully I don't do that again! :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    @Rawla Thanks! Hopefully I succeed. Last time I tried this challenge I saved another file over my 100 Baby Challenge file by accident. Hopefully I don't do that again! :D

Oops. Sounds like something I keep doing. Will have to restart...again. But today I played on another save. And its bedtime for me. Good night. Happy Simming!

• Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member

That happened to me once too!! It's horrible. Since then I always "double-check " when I'm saving!
    The Sawyer babies/toddlers looks so cute!
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    SpiritOfSakuraSpiritOfSakura Posts: 49 Member
    Hey again! Planning on starting my challenge later today, but I have two quick questions.

1. Is there anything against a non-heir staying in the house and joining a career as a young adult? There's nothing in the rules about it. I doubt I'll do it anyways since I usually mainly keep one of the kids around to help with toddler training and taking care of the kids when my matriarch needs to rest, but I figured I'd ask.

2. I haven't seen anything about it so I doubt it, but is there any "casual" method of increasing chances of twins? I know in the sims 3 you could do it by watching kids tv or listening to kids music while pregnant, but it seems like in sims 4 there might not be any way in the base game aside from the fertility trait...?

Sorry for the long-windedness, and thanks in advance!
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @SpiritOfSakura ways to increase your sims's ferility are the fertility trait, a certain herbalism (outdoor retreat) remedy, The fertility massage from Spa day, and the on ley line lot trait. those should be all methods for as far as i know. about the non-heir thing, I don't think there is an official rule against it but that's all i know about it. Good luck with the challenge!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @SpiritOfSakura - Its good that you'll be having fun with the challenge soon. What TheGeekGamez said is accurate. Also if it is not in the rules, then you may assume it is left up for you to decide. Have fun!

@TheGeekGamez - Thanks for the list of fertility assists. I did not know about the herbal one.
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SpiritOfSakura I don't think there's a rule about non-heir. In the end while they might help financially it'll "occupy" a spot in the household. So I think it's balanced. It's your choice. The rule is that you can't have them move in once you move them out, I believe.

Just had the 10th child! Another girl, Gena!
    And the first floor of the house is basically done, the second floor will take more time 'cause there are more beds and bathrooms and I want the expensive stuff. XD

tumblr_inline_okcgnqE4Rb1qg9t62_540.png

I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100