Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @VanillaChai I didn't know about the orchids either and the random inspired moodlet was driving me mad :smiley: Definitely going to become a whirlyflower frog breeder once Margo is on the last step of her aspiration. The triplets currently live in a house right next to Margo and they call about twice a day so they're not too far for me either :smile:
    @XDJSIMMERX Pictures, yay! It's interesting that Phoebe is friends with Penny Pizzazz, she's like my least favourite sim so I rarely have my sims befriend her. Love the picture with J in panic mode :smiley: William, though he's not so happy in that picture, looks like a cutie! I personally don't like Oliver's hair for male toddlers but it's just a personal preference so it doesn't really matter :smile: Congrats on the triplets and the upgraded kitchen! Looks much better than Margo's, she still has the cheap, basic kitchen from the beginning of the challenge. Naturally, Margo is my favourite of your triplets as well but hey, that's probably because she's got a name I really like :smiley: Though Penny and Evelyn sure are nice names too!
    @Fizzstix I'm jealous of @XDJSIMMERX's triplets as well. Margo's triplets were actually pretty easy to handle and so I can't wait for her to have another set of them :smiley:
    @SpiritOfSakura Hi :smile: You can keep them around but they do occupy a spot in the household and so the challenge will probably take you a bit longer than if you were to move out all young adults. As long as they're not your matriarch or a hair they can have a career as well, however once you moved them out you can't move them back in. Unfortunately for the base game there's only the fertility trait and maybe the on ley line lot trait, you'd need addons for herbalism and the massage. Have fun with the challenge :smile: Feel free to show pictures or keep us updated in the thread here.
    @Mareviola Gena is a beautiful name! I generally prefer to save up to buy the expensive stuff as well, especially showers and beds.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    Glitch: Sometimes the fathers of toddlers will appear on the lot without ever leaving again. Sims are unable to ask them to leave or say goodbye to them and they can move through doors set to only allow household members.

for the glitch above you can also go click on the sim press more click actions and add to group then there will be the option to ask them to leave
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Glitch: Sometimes the fathers of toddlers will appear on the lot without ever leaving again. Sims are unable to ask them to leave or say goodbye to them and they can move through doors set to only allow household members.

for the glitch above you can also go click on the sim press more click actions and add to group then there will be the option to ask them to leave

Next time one of the fathers come I'll try it!! :smile:
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options

I added your solution to the first post, thank you very much for the hint!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Unfortunately it does seem like I have the single baby bug again so from now on I'll be using mc command center to randomize baby gender and count. It's really annoying especially because it doesn't take the fertility trait or ley line lot trait into account but oh well, I'd rather have that than being stuck with only single female babies.
    Post edited by Erica87 on
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    New chapters are up! I'm finally into the toddler posts. :smiley:
    https://100potterbabies.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    @Erica87 - oh no! I'm sorry you're having the single female baby bug again. I went through 4 single baby girls in a row and finally ended up with twins (a boy and a girl), so maybe it will fix itself? If not, at least mc command center has an option to help.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    @Erica87 I guess if you want to have all 100 babies with your matriarch (and are using methods to stay in the fertile age) having all single girls can be repetitive. But otherwise is not a bad glitch for this challenge! :wink: If it was all boys then it'll be a problem from a heir standpoint.
    And I personally don't like having twins or triplets from a challenge standpoint. :tongue:

• Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Erica87 Sorry to hear you're having a bug :( Now that my matriarch as the fertility treatment I'm hoping for more twins, and afterall more boys! Autumn is pregnant with baby 14, possibly 15. Hoping to get at least one more kid out of the house for the possibility of triplets.

Hahaha just figured out the best trick for getting food for the toddlers. Instead of leaving food out on the counter to spoil (I hate the high chairs when the toddlers can get food off the counters) you can buy a bakery display and since it's refridgerated you can put food in there and the toddlers can just take whenever they want and it lasts a whole lot longer. It doesn't last as long as say putting it in the actual fridge but with the way my family eats the food is gone before it spoils.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Mareviola wrote: »
    @Erica87 I guess if you want to have all 100 babies with your matriarch (and are using methods to stay in the fertile age) having all single girls can be repetitive. But otherwise is not a bad glitch for this challenge! :wink: If it was all boys then it'll be a problem from a heir standpoint.
    And I personally don't like having twins or triplets from a challenge standpoint. :tongue:

Personally I want as many twins and triplets as I can get so it's bothering me a lot. Also, having only single girls makes the challenge easier and longer simultaneously and that's also not something I like very much :smiley: I'm just going to randomize the count, I can't be bothered to move over the family into a new savefile, especially not since it had been going so well so far.

Oh, also Mortimer came over and is now hanging out at my place :anguished:
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    @Mareviola You changed your icon nice! I haven't played this sims file for probably like 4 days now, I'm thinking about what to do with my house. I know I want a big house (obviously there's going to be 8 sims on the lot!) but I have a tendency to over build and blow all my money on making a big house, and then i'm left with no money for anything else (or my bills are outrageously high). I might have to re-work what I have going on.
  • Options
    i do have a question, where can i download mc command centre? i want my townies actually having a life while i'm playing with my household!
  • Options
    petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    Just thought I'd leave a quick note to say that I'm starting this challenge, and I plan on doing the Vampire version.
  • Options
    @CactiSimmer You can find the mod here. And I sooo know what you mean with overbuilding, that's exactly what I did with my new house but I decided to go with it anyway. Margo will have to paint to pay the bills :smiley:
    @petunia302007 Hi there! Good luck and have fun with your challenge, if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile: I'm excited that you're taking on the immortal matriarch challenge. Personally I'm still not yet sure if I want to do that or just the normal challenge, both have their charm.
  • Options
    @Erica87 thank you!!! i'm going to download it now! All of the children have gone to school so i think i'm going to try to resize the house while they're gone. Get prepared for pictures of the ugly house!
  • Options
    @Erica87 thank you for the warm welcome! I started my file last night and now have triplets...yikes! Don't know yet if they are vamps, but we will see. I got to thinking, though, and I think I am going to de-vamp the founder and play immortals the other way...I don't want a million immortal beings living in my towns, taking away space from the baby daddies!
  • Options
    @Eminik I was like "yeah! that sounds like an awesome idea!" ... and then I realized I have only the base game and bakery display are from Get to work (right?) XD

@CactiSimmer I wasn't sure if I could change it while I was a new member but now that I'm a member I went and changed it! and I added a signature.. which I should update once I get more kids but something tell me I'll forget! :tongue:

@Erica87 It is easier. But since we aren't forced to get the fertility trait (the only thing you can do with the base game to have more chance of twins) I don't get it. I prefer using aspirations point in other things (not the free service tho! I stayed away from that one :tongue:). The point is as glitches go it's not a bad one. At least it doesn't make the challenge more difficult. I might make it repetitive and maybe boring, tho.

@petunia302007 having a lot of immortal children around might take the spot for others baby daddies. How does it work? A vampire mother and a human father make an hybrid baby or they can be full vampire, hybrid or full human? and how does it work with hybrids? are they immortal?

• Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    @Mareviola Ooooh yeah. I forgot. This is one of the first sims games I've actually bought expansion packs for so I totally didn't think about not having just the base game. Whoops!
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    About the baby-daddy glitch: Thinking it has something to do with the "care -taker" feature? The matriarch Will always becthe primary caretaker, but maybe dad is labeled caretaker too and that's why he never leaves?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    So what are your ideas about vampires? Will they be seen as aliens and hence count as 2?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    @CactiSimmer How's the resizing going? :smile:
    @petunia302007 There's an elixir with which you can cure vampires. If you'd rather not have a ton of immortal kids in your town you could always use it before they move out. That would be an additional challenge though because I'm not sure how the cure is created.
    @Mareviola I still think having only female kids would be incredibly boring and it'd take all the fun out of the challenge so I'd rather not have the glitch over having it. I mean, at some point I'm going to have no more girl names or outfits and then it'll start to just be repetitive. I'd rather use cheats to fix the glitch instead of just living with it and having a completely bland and boring challenge.
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    I really need to remember to post here more often! Hope everyone is having a fun challenge!

So, I had to start a new save file because mine was being super buggy and making it hard to play. I actually uploaded the current family to the gallery and starting a new save that way- just had to cheat in how much money they had before starting over. So, if you noticed some suspect names near the bottom of my list, that's why! I also last track of one of my child's fathers because I forgot to double check before starting fresh. I know it wasn't a "normal" townie though so I don't expect to accidentally double dip. I don't remember where I left off last time I posted, but here is my current run-down:

Cora Frakes (name theme- first name same first letter as father)

Gavin Richards- Grayson (twin)
    Gavin Richards- Gabriel (twin)
    Johnny Zest- Jace
    Curtis Ashford- Cole
    Marcel Knapp- Milo
    Nathan West- Nora
    J Huntington III- Julian
    Nick Cole- Nolan
    Justin Hines- Jude (twin)
    Justin Hines- Josiah (twin)
    Mitchell Kalani- Malachi
    Adrian Cegta- August
    Kai Smif- Kamilla
    Ceptan Aboraob- Conner
    Artur Nowack - Annabelle
    Carl Todd- Cade (triplet)
    Carl Todd- Cyrus (triplet)
    Carl Todd- Cohen (triplet)
    Ken Colgate- Karina
    Zander Valez- Zara
    Mathew Vitale- Meredith

Meredith Frakes (name theme- consulted top 20 names for every 5 years, starting in 1880)

22. Shea Lyle- Alice
    23. Neptune Harmon- William
    25. Jonah Pancakes- Ruth
    26. Ervin Patel- Helen
    27. Joshua Goth- Thomas
    28.Trever Tharp - Margaret
    29. Dawson Brinson- Evelyn
    30. Omari Pugh- John (twin)
    31. Omari Pugh- Virginia (twin)
    32. Brennan Goth- Robert (twin)
    33. Brennan Goth- Dorothy (twin)
    34. Kody Patel- James
    35. Conrad Lorenz- Mary
    36. Srikumar Dewey- Judith
    37. Alfonso Pugh- Cynthia
    38. Trey Nash- David (died in fire as a teen)
    38. Travis Cooke- Daniel (twin)
    39. Travis Cooke- Elizabeth (twin)
    40. Julius Mureaux- Laura
    41. Cory Galloway- Kimberley
    42. ???????- Jessica (new save, first file became corrupt)
    43. Clarence Lockett- Andrew
    44. Joaquin Le Chien- Ashley
    45. Bjorn Bjergsen- Emily
    46. Dominic Fyres- Jordan

Emily Frakes (name theme- nature)

47. Don Lothario- Lily
    48. Max Villareal- Autumn
    49. Malcolm Landgraab- Fern
    50. Malcolm Landgraab- Willow
    51. Malcolm Landgraab- Lilac

I had a real crapshow go down recently- a real series of unfortunate events! First of all, my game has a weird lag since toddlers- I'll direct Emily (mom) to do something like bathe or potty train and she'll stand there frozen for 30-60 minutes of Sim time before she gets moving. That makes it challenging to keep the toddler's needs up! On top of that, my game becomes unplayable from about 8-8:30 in the morning when the kids go to school, making it so I can't queue up any actions or even switch Sims. I'm just setting the stage here.

So as you can see, my matriarch had triplets with Malcolm. He was an elder at the time so I was happy to use him before he died. Emily was tired when the triplets were babies, but she was in really rough shape when they became toddlers. All my in-game glitches really weren't helping matters. We were on the second or third day of toddlerhood when Malcolm saunters in and makes himself at home. I was annoyed at first, but then I decided I could just use him to try and get the triplets' needs up before trying to get rid of him. I have one of the tots ask him for a bath- and the jerk dies on me! Straight up kicks the bucket and leaves my entire household depressed. So on top of everything else, I have three toddlers who do nothing but cry. Goooood times. I needed a long break after that madness.
  • Options
    @Bloudwed If you're doing the immortal matriarch challenge then no, vampires will not count as two. In the normal challenge they don't count as two either, then again, neither do aliens. Of course you can make that a personal rule if you feel like that would be something you'd want!
    @simmerkayla Wow, it's incredible that you're on your third matriarch already! And half the challenge is done... I'm still impressed about how fast you are :smiley: As for the crapshow... Wow, just wow. That's just about the worst combination of unfortunate events one could have to deal with in this challenge. Frankly, I think I'd go mad if I was in your situation :open_mouth: But maybe I can help a little... The lag you're talking about, if you have it the next time check if the toddler is doing something at that moment. If they are, cancel the action and everything should move along normally. If this is a solution for you please tell me, then I'm gonna add it to the first post.
  • Options
    @Mareviola I'm not sure how the vamps work completely yet...I can tell you that a full vamp is immortal and doesn't die. I know that you can give birth to full, hybrid, or human, but I don't know what powers a hybrid will have. I can tell you too, that my little baby triplets have both parents as full vamps, so we'll see what we get.

@Erica87 Thank you for mentioning the cure...but I think I'm going to use it on Bernice (matriarch) instead...and then have her kids buy endless youth potions for her...it's the least they can do! lol
  • Options
    AllisonvilleAllisonville Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi everyone!
    I've been reading this thread for a few days, so I figured I should post. :) I had planned to try this challenge once I finished my Legacy, and wouldn't you know it - the toddler patch showed up as I was getting my generation 9 legacy heir pregnant. That obviously really affects a challenge like this, but I figured I'd still go for it!
    My matriarch is now pregnant with her 8th baby, I think? Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi!