The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I thought for a pretty long time that my single female glitch was caused by mc command center because I couldn't imagine the game producing something like this. The only reason why I really wouldn't like to remove that mod is because of the story progression it provides.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Though Mc command center has done some weird things to me in the past, usually reinstalling it worked. do you have the latest version?
  • Options
    EllisReadsEllisReads Posts: 8 New Member
    Will be starting this as soon as my game is updated. Then I'll make my plum tree family tree :)
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I thought for a pretty long time that my single female glitch was caused by mc command center because I couldn't imagine the game producing something like this. The only reason why I really wouldn't like to remove that mod is because of the story progression it provides.

Personally, I can not play the game without MCC anymore. There are way too many function that mod has that the game should just have. I love that the town will marry and have kids and all that without my controlling them. I love that I can have it notify me when sims have babies and marry and age up or die. I especially love that I can control the fact I don't want the game to purge/cull any of my population as well.
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    okay i have mc command centre downloaded finally! but i'm having some trouble figuring stuff out and don't want to mess up my game. Which settings should i have on so there's actual story progression? and apparently Alexandrea is pregnant with just a single female (sigh) isn't here some setting about multiple births or something?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @EllisReads Awesome! I'd love to see it :smile:
    @Fizzstix Yeah, I'm the same. I've been playing with the command center for ages, I really don't like my sims being culled :(
    @CactiSimmer Story progression should be enabled automatically. There are settings for multiples in mc pregnancy (click on the computer, mc command center, pregnancy) but multiples should be enabled by default. Still, I'm worried that you also having the single female thing might indeed be a mc command center issue.

I'm starting to realize why you guys like having the father around. I have Malcolm Mortimer around right now and he plays with Mason and helps with his needs a lot. I just wish he'd do the same thing for Julie. Not sure how caught up this thread is (it gets a bit confusing if you also have a tumblr) but Mason grew into a toddler, Margo is pregnant from Akira Kibo with twins (one male, one female) and still painting a lot. I finally found out that she's best at abstract paintings and now she's basically painting masterpiece after masterpiece. We also had the first fire in the house, Margo's incense burner burned the incense plus the luggage table it was on, the stereo and the planter next to it.

Have a picture of Mason, because he's cute! And have you seen Julie yet? She's also a toddler and super cute as well! She's close to finishing two skills but at this point I'm worried that I can't ever age a toddler up before birthday because Margo never has time to learn with them.

tumblr_okdineNsN81w16io8o2_1280.png
    Mason-01.png
    tumblr_ok3knap9x61w16io8o2_1280.png
    Post edited by Erica87 on
  • Options
    @Erica87 Mason and Julie are soo cute! Oh no about the fire.. not good. The incense is a tricky one.
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez I think I had an outdated version of MC command center. I reinstalled it and I feel like there are some options that I didn't notice beforehand. Maybe it's fixed now, the next pregnancy will show I guess.
    @Fizzstix It is, it burns quite easily. However, it's also an inspired moodlet for a cheap $20 and sometimes I need to stack the inspired moodlets to overpower focused or confident moodlets.
  • Options
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @TheGeekGamez I think I had an outdated version of MC command center. I reinstalled it and I feel like there are some options that I didn't notice beforehand. Maybe it's fixed now, the next pregnancy will show I guess.
    @Fizzstix It is, it burns quite easily. However, it's also an inspired moodlet for a cheap $20 and sometimes I need to stack the inspired moodlets to overpower focused or confident moodlets.

@Erica87 Do you have the plumbob moodlet lamps? those are nice to have in a pinch as well.
  • Options
    Unfortunately not. I used to have every expansion pack but I hadn't registered them on origin since at that time it wasn't mandatory and I gave them away before I had the thought to write to EA about it. This is why I use the incense burner as well as the orchids and actions like looking at art online.
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    @Erica87- Haha! It’s funny you mention how fast I’m going because I feel like it’s taking ages! I do play a lot, though! I definitely feel a slow down since we got toddlers, though. I don’t mind, of course! But my matriarch aged to adult with having only 7 children, three of which were triplets. My other matriarchs were at least 5 ahead of her. I actually could have gotten more babies from my second matriarch but I was kind of ready to move on. On another note, I haven’t yet used incense in any of my houses because I’m scared of the fire, lol. I also don’t often let my kids have the chemistry table.

@meubanks My current matriarch has had two sets of triplets, too, but not in a row! I tend to get a lot of multiples in my games, even though I rarely use the fertility trait/massage or Ley Line. The first set of triplets was a complete disaster (see my last post!) but I just had a set age up and felt like I was a lot better at managing them this time. Plus, I had teens in the house to lend a hand.

As for cake (a few pages back) I used to have my Sims eat it, but I really noticed the weight gain when I did. My kids were growing up to be much fluffier teenagers, haha. Now, I do the whole add candles and keep it in the fridge to reuse until it spoils. My Sims hardly ever get treats now. I tend to have them make salad, eggs, garlic noodles, etc.

Baby daddy glitch- I’ve been cancelling my matriarch from telling the BDs that she’s pregnant, and I haven’t had one show up uninvited since. Could be a coincidence, but worth a shot!

I was on baby 51 during my last update, and she’s now up to 57 and we are finally getting some boys! Her first seven children were girls.

52. Alexander Nakamura- Poppy
    52. Phillip Haas- Iris
    53. Rex Cowart - Reed (triplet)
    54. Rex Cowart- Wren (triplet)
    55. Rex Cowart- Coral (triplet)
    56. Carson McNamm- Cyprus
    57. Joey Sanderson- River
    58. currently pregnant but can't remember BD name at the moment

I think I’m going to switch it up for my next matriarch (which hopefully shouldn't be TOO soon), since I have MCCC and have my matriarch have baby mamas instead of baby daddies. There’s a setting that you can use to make this possible, and I think it’ll be a fun twist. I’m also thinking my name theme for her might be minor Disney character names (like, I could use Max, the name of the dog in The Little Mermaid, but not Ariel, Sebastian or Eric, for example).
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Baby daddy glitch- I’ve been cancelling my matriarch from telling the BDs that she’s pregnant, and I haven’t had one show up uninvited since. Could be a coincidence, but worth a shot!

Oh.. that's an interesting idea.. I will give that a try, next time I start up my 100 baby game.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    @Erica87- Haha! It’s funny you mention how fast I’m going because I feel like it’s taking ages! I do play a lot, though! I definitely feel a slow down since we got toddlers, though. I don’t mind, of course! But my matriarch aged to adult with having only 7 children, three of which were triplets. My other matriarchs were at least 5 ahead of her. I actually could have gotten more babies from my second matriarch but I was kind of ready to move on. On another note, I haven’t yet used incense in any of my houses because I’m scared of the fire, lol. I also don’t often let my kids have the chemistry table.

@meubanks My current matriarch has had two sets of triplets, too, but not in a row! I tend to get a lot of multiples in my games, even though I rarely use the fertility trait/massage or Ley Line. The first set of triplets was a complete disaster (see my last post!) but I just had a set age up and felt like I was a lot better at managing them this time. Plus, I had teens in the house to lend a hand.

As for cake (a few pages back) I used to have my Sims eat it, but I really noticed the weight gain when I did. My kids were growing up to be much fluffier teenagers, haha. Now, I do the whole add candles and keep it in the fridge to reuse until it spoils. My Sims hardly ever get treats now. I tend to have them make salad, eggs, garlic noodles, etc.

I was on baby 51 during my last update, and she’s now up to 57 and we are finally getting some boys! Her first seven children were girls.

52. Alexander Nakamura- Poppy
    52. Phillip Haas- Iris
    53. Rex Cowart - Reed (triplet)
    54. Rex Cowart- Wren (triplet)
    55. Rex Cowart- Coral (triplet)
    56. Carson McNamm- Cyprus
    57. Joey Sanderson- River
    58. currently pregnant but can't remember BD name at the moment

I think I’m going to switch it up for my next matriarch (which hopefully shouldn't be TOO soon), since I have MCCC and have my matriarch have baby mamas instead of baby daddies. There’s a setting that you can use to make this possible, and I think it’ll be a fun twist. I’m also thinking my name theme for her might be minor Disney character names (like, I could use Max, the name of the dog in The Little Mermaid, but not Ariel, Sebastian or Eric, for example).

All other births on this save file have been single births, so I've determined that I just got a lucky roll of the dice. I get twins fairly often in my games, but triplets hardly ever, let alone twice in a row. That household has been crazy though. Mom hardly slept for the entire baby/toddler phase. lol.
  • Options

Here are some more pictures of my 100 baby/toddler challenge. I still don't have all my pictures uploaded to flickr just yet. But these are all that I do have. I will work on uploading more in the next few days. I am itching to get back to this family. I've had enough, for now, playing with the vampires. LOL

Halle Scott learning to walk.
    32331233781_3c746d9f5b_z.jpg
    #4 Halle Scott
    Toddler trait~Fussy
    31608956194_d62206a25b_z.jpg
    Birthday party for the Twins~Devan!
    32331234921_1f5ebd3f7f_z.jpg
    32331234571_f69d63cb27_z.jpg
    #1 Devan Crowley
    Trait: Vegetarian ~ Inspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
    31608958604_cb063a9182_z.jpg
    Birthday party for the Twins~Kristine!
    31608951344_44a8fecb1d_z.jpg
    31608950784_a5c26875bb_z.jpg
    #2 Kristine Crowley
    Trait: Genius ~ Inspiration: Whiz Kid
    31608957964_64e8a35dbf_z.jpg
    #4 Ari Richard
    31608956484_cfd83d32a8_z.jpg
    Macking with Ari Richard.
    32331235371_8d067550b1_z.jpg
    Reid Richard born at the hospital.
    32331233511_4c817056f9_z.jpg
    Johanna playing with mama Liberty.
    32331233011_3552efd897_z.jpg
    31608949494_457012bb84_z.jpg
    Reid as an infant
    32312840522_415e15b9ca_z.jpg
    Reid learning to walk.
    32423946886_c0cbba5de0_z.jpg
    #5 Reid Richard
    Toddler trait~Wild
    32085721370_521aa2a8e9_z.jpg
    Birthday party for Johanna!
    32342464401_22972cb592_z.jpg
    32085720730_156f114557_z.jpg
    #3 Johanna Flex
    Trait: Mean ~ Inspiration: Social Butterfly
    32342497221_ece1db77b0_z.jpg
    #5 Kabir Joyson
    32312495182_9089eae4a6_z.jpg
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Fizzstix - Awesome update! You use CC eyes? Please, can you tell me where to find them. They are beautiful.
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    Okay my last update was with the annoying baby daddy glitch and i've gotten past that. I added them to a group asked them to leave and haven't come back since so the death room is gone!

Jaycee and Harley have both aged up and moved out to the city.
    tumblr_inline_okh3d6VS1n1sjq8k0_500.png
    tumblr_inline_okh3jaQgys1sjq8k0_500.png
    Jaycee is currently in a relationship with Arun their married neighbour, but it's deteriorating and I'm going to get her involved with one of her elder friends. Harley is friends with a female food stall worker, and i'm planning on getting the two of them together.

Now that there were two empty spots in the house Alexandrea went out and bagged herself another man - Wolfgang
    tumblr_inline_okic5gcGVv1sjq8k0_500.png

There've been numerous children aging up (and none of them had a birthday cake, Alexandrea's been too exhausted to make one and had no money anyways) so here are some CAS pics
    tumblr_inline_oko7t2eCMn1sjq8k0_500.png
    Here's Lloyd he's a genius, materialistic and wants to be fabulously wealthy.
    tumblr_inline_oko7wzJpOT1sjq8k0_500.png
    Here's Spencer who was originally identifying as a male but now identifies as a female and is in the middle of transitioning during her teenage years. She is a geek, good, and wants to have a Big Happy Family.
    tumblr_inline_oko7zr3ZYS1sjq8k0_500.png
    Here's Hailee, she's a perfectionist and hot headed and wants to find her soulmate.
    tumblr_inline_oko82yML411sjq8k0_500.png
    Finally, here's Kiara, she's an insider and a social butterfly.

Alexandrea got together with Wolfgang Munch and had a daughter Paige who's still a baby.
    Also I've updated the house! It's a big house but I've actually downsized and it's the right size for them. It's still not finished (inside or out) but Alexandrea's tight on money so oh well.
    tumblr_inline_okktsiS57K1sjq8k0_500.png
    Here's a shot of the bottom floor - i was having issues taking regular screenshots through sims so i had to take an actual screengrab so sorry about all the stuff from build/buy mode! There's a front porch, a back porch, one bathroom open to all sims, the master bedroom with an ensuite, the nursery, the toddlers room, the open living room and kid's play area and a combined kitchen and dinning room.
    tumblr_inline_okku046O4G1sjq8k0_500.png
    And here's the top floor - there's a back porch, three bedrooms for the kids with one of them being a single child room, 2 bathrooms, a small study for Alexandrea, and an open like kids living room area.
    tumblr_inline_okku5gQ8LY1sjq8k0_500.png
    And a shot from the front - i've got the space for the front porch planned out.
    tumblr_inline_okku73bC9u1sjq8k0_500.png
    And the back of the house. The lot is cramped right now so I'm planning to move it to a larger lot (once i actually have money) so I can do landscaping, actually put the house on foundation, have a separate space for the garden and an area for the kids.

Speaking of gardens! The romance festival finally rolled into town so I sent one of the kids out to harvest everything and i've planted all 16 dragonfruits so now i just have to wait for them to evolve before getting rid of the other plants so the garden isn't so big and takes forever.
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »
    @Fizzstix - Awesome update! You use CC eyes? Please, can you tell me where to find them. They are beautiful.

I get most of my CC from The Sims Resource or Mod The Sims. Here are a couple pictures of what my Eye CC folder looks like. Sorry I can't give direct links. I don't remember all of them exactly. The first picture is what CAS looks like. All of the CC eyes I have, have overwritten default eyes. Maybe with a picture of what my CC folder is, you can track down what I have? *fingers crossed*
    32519596741_feb56804ac_b.jpg
    31799041514_5f70eda61e.jpg
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Fizzstix - Thanks much. I'll go on a hunt tomorrow when it is not 2:25am. :smiley:
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options

I have 2 neat traited sims that had issues with a dirty surroundings moodlet. My matriarch kept trying to clean a desk but it never helped. I took these 2 pictures to show there is no dirt on the desk, or any dirty dishes. At one time there was a dirty toddler potty, but when I clicked to clean it, it didn't act like it was dirty. I went into build/buy, clicked on the dirty potty, and it turned clean. Thought at that time, that was the culprit, but my 2 sims still had the dirty surroundings moodlet. Eventually, I decided to remove the offending desk and potty to see if the moodlet would go away, and sure enough it did. Very strange. I didn't know desks could get dirty in that way.

31855960963_486124de0f_b.jpg
    32545912701_de1e7b70b6_b.jpg
  • Options

Homework time for Devan, Kristine, and Johanna. Halle and Reid babble with Liberty in the kitchen, pregnant with baby #6.
    32527943301_e52054691d_z.jpg
    Potty training time for Reid and Halle. (I love the celebration dance.)
    32527943281_48b5a89ab8_z.jpg
    Bath time for Halle
    31838159763_e61dc504ab_z.jpg
    Play time with daddy Scott.
    32527943421_91714a3d94_z.jpg
    31838159823_a17bebb1f7_z.jpg
    Birthday for Halle!
    32527943671_1b36721255_z.jpg
    32527943741_46863d9de3_z.jpg
    32527943861_1afde182c4_z.jpg
    #4 Halle Scott~Child
    Child Trait:Loner Aspiration: Social Butterfly
    32270433200_1b2811e0ce_z.jpg
    New house! Front view.
    32651013655_a19cb55917_z.jpg
    Top View, roof.
    32271908810_0abe3c082b_z.jpg
    Top view, first floor.
    32610465486_0788561a3f_z.jpg
    Top View, first floor WALLS UP
    31808123374_de207ef9be_z.jpg
    Top View, first floor WALLS DOWN
    32610465266_e9e020b1b0_z.jpg
    Basement
    31808263004_335b93b2f4.jpg
    Kristine and Johanna eating in the new living room.
    31837481053_0f131ccd14_z.jpg
    Reid playing on the tablet.
    32270434020_d83854dd91_z.jpg
    Brotherly hugs.
    32270433820_04aa181a90_z.jpg
    Play time with mama Liberty.
    32649687965_f691351f2b_z.jpg
    32270434780_d5973a94c8_z.jpg
    Reid going a wandering...
    32649688665_ede9bde70a_z.jpg
    "What is this?"
    31837482473_9127e2fba1_z.jpg
    Bath time for Reid. (with baby Karen in the background)
    32270436680_40e7cf96c8_z.jpg
    31837482903_9a3063b90a_z.jpg
    32270437850_cae0a54475_z.jpg
    32270439670_ff1fd3257d_z.jpg
    Karen learning to walk.
    31837483803_5bc28bb60c_z.jpg
    32270440210_a3ef71609e_z.jpg
    Halle checking out Karen learning to walk.
    31837484253_f18591b80d_z.jpg
    Play time too!
    32270441310_1c04383216_z.jpg
    31837484693_96614fca8f_z.jpg
    31837484943_10ea00e9a6_z.jpg
    #6 Karen Joyson
    Toddler Trait~Charmer
    32649686005_dae387a51f_z.jpg
    Karen and Reid get some babble time.
    31837485283_d857904319_z.jpg
    Karen snuggles the teddy.
    32270443730_712cc6d1b3_z.jpg

More pictures to come a little later.....
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    @Fizzstix I love seeing your pictures, your toddlers are so cute! And your house is nice! I couldn't stand a multi-level house with toddlers so my house is more function over looks. I'll have to take a picture to post some time, being a 3 bedroom/2 bath (right now 2 bath, might be 3) house.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Eminik wrote: »
    @Fizzstix I love seeing your pictures, your toddlers are so cute! And your house is nice! I couldn't stand a multi-level house with toddlers so my house is more function over looks. I'll have to take a picture to post some time, being a 3 bedroom/2 bath (right now 2 bath, might be 3) house.

Thank you :D I don't like a multi level house either. The basement is strictly for the matriarch to use. And since having the bassinet on the same floor as the tub causes a glitch bathing the toddlers it works out having her bedroom in the basement. I try to get her on the treadmill as much as I can, so she can get some exercise. She has the gym rat reward trait and gets some fun out of it as well. Having the bathroom close by helps out as well. She's had her 8th baby, and he aged into a toddler and I am excited because he isn't a blondie! woot woot! (Reid doesn't count, since he's a hybrid.)
  • Options
    desirae333desirae333 Posts: 261 Member
    Been a while since I posted here and I believe this is my 4th attempt at completing this challenge! I started one that wasn't glitched a little while ago and got to baby 6 but then toddlers were introduced and then vampires were announced and I really wanted to redo the challenge again - so this time it was by choice to start again!

Anyways, I decided to not do 100 babies with a vamp this time around but I did want to have the immortal matriarch so I will be doing that by earning her the potion of youth reward as many times as it takes to have 100 babies. I will also be keeping a tally of how many potions she has to use!

To make it even more challenging (and perhaps stupidly so), I will not be aging the kids up until their natural birthdays but will be still aiming for As in school and at least 3 points in all the toddler skills. So... should be fun! :P

Here is a picture of my new matriarch - her name is Shelby McClelland.

UKuA33A.png?1

I seem to have a thing for redheaded matriarchs - don't know why!

D9Awh4L.png?1
    qIsBVJv.png?1

She currently has two girls her oldest is Sidney Landgraab (the redhead) and her youngest is Jaleesa Law. She is also in her second trimester and expecting a baby with Don Lothario! Here's hoping this one is a boy!

Will keep updating every once and a while to keep me motivated to finish the challenge this time around! Will be interesting to see how all the kids end up looking as well since all 100 will be with the same mother.
  • Options
    petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    I have posted my first chapter on my blog...would love to share with you all.

Chapter 1: Welcome to Version 3.0 (I have used three versions of the founding sim, however none of the stories are intertwined.)
  • Options
    petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    I have posted my first chapter on my blog...would love to share with you all.

Chapter 1: Welcome to Version 3.0 (I have used three versions of the founding sim, however none of the stories are intertwined.)