Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RubeySims Stories

RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
Welcome to RubeySims Stories!

This is a discussion thread where I will share all Simlit written by me, you could say it's a one stop shop for your reading purposes.

MAIN BLOG

04-04-17_8-49-12c2a0pm.jpg

-click the photo to be directed to the Index-
It begins with Melany Rivera, founder, dealing with a great loss she has suffered and is unsure how she should progress in life now. She makes mistakes along the way and tries her best to help shape the young mind of her son. This legacy does not start like the others, it starts much later in life when one is faced with death and dilemmas.

Publishing Schedule: Monday's
Warning: Contains some mature content

04-17-17_8-34-32c2a0pm.jpg

-click the photo to be directed to the Table of Contents-
A game-play driven story based on the Black Widow challenge. Fun and witty while containing mature content, this story follows Chelsea Sullivan as she sets out to become filthy rich from marry men for their money and killing them off as she becomes more and more greedy. Being left such a large estate with no money, a girl has to learn to survive in any way possible.

Publishing Schedule: Sporadic
Warning: Contains mature content

04-20-17_7-03-23c2a0pm.jpg

-click the photo to be directed to the Table of Contents-
Game based, game played. The Drifter is based off of the Drifter Challenge, where Rocket Drifter strolls into town and stays to help rebuild. It is caption based with screenshots of the progression of the challenge. No real story behind it, simply a fun game play save.

Publishing Schedule: Tuesday's and Thursday's
Warning: None
Post edited by RubeySim on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Oh, I love your first two chapters! It's refreshing to have a non-traditional start.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, I love your first two chapters! It's refreshing to have a non-traditional start.

Thank you! I think I've put more work into them then my actual school work LOL I found it hard to write from the very beginning and decided to take a leap and start later on in the founders life, turns out it was the right move and I've been able to progressively continue writing like a mad lady since :smiley:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    RubeySim wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »

Thank you! I think I've put more work into them then my actual school work LOL I found it hard to write from the very beginning and decided to take a leap and start later on in the founders life, turns out it was the right move and I've been able to progressively continue writing like a mad lady since :smiley:

That was so original!

And, since we're all so familiar with the basic, standard legacy structure, I'm always really excited when there are plot gaps. @CitizenErased14 does them often and well, and recently @DreamsInPixels did this amazing 30-year jump! What I love about this is that then we get just the highlights of what happened in the interim, told in flashback, dialogue, or memory, and it makes it mysterious while also heightening the interest! So if you ever feel the desire to skip a generation or half of one, I'd be all for it! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited April 2017

Popping by quickly to share a new chapter! I had hoped to post sooner but with the it being the holidays, it has been a busy weekend. I'm hoping things will settle down starting tomorrow but who am I kidding, my schedule just keeps getting more hectic. Since this legacy is so story-driven and I don't want to burn out writing it, I've been looking for another challenge to play and write but one that is more game-play written then the 1000 words or less I've been doing. So keep you're eyes peeled, it should be out in the next week or so depending on how busy I get with RL.
    New story has been published! Information can be found at the beginning post, the Sullivan Tales is making is debut this morning with the first chapter. They are smaller chapters compared to the Rivera Legacy and mainly focused on the game play that drives the challenge. Enjoy!!

• thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I've just read both. They're such different and unique stories, I love it! Bookmarked. I can't wait for more. :blush:
    I've just read both. They're such different and unique stories, I love it! Bookmarked. I can't wait for more. :blush:

Thank you! The Rivera Legacy is the first time I've attempted a writing style like this, usually I stick to the way Sullivan Tales is written, so it's far out of my comfort zone but I seem to be settling into it nicely so you can expect much more with a daily dose of the Sullivan Tales in between. I'm glad you love them both :smiley:
    You're doing a great job! Never doubt yourself. Just do what feels right while you're writing. :)
    A mid-morning hello!

Today we have double the posts! As it is Thursday, meaning both the Rivera Legacy and Sullivan Tales have chapter being released as per the posting schedule. So enjoy and have a wonderful day!

Sullivan Tales 1.1
    The Rivera Legacy - 1.3 - Making life great again
    Hello everyone!

Life has been a bit busy lately and is picking up this week with work, appointments and school but I've been keeping up with the posting schedule but not sharing it here. There are a couple new chapters of the Sullivan Tales out and one Rivera Legacy chapter. Head on over to my blog to check them out! Wishing you all a good day!
    I loved both chapters! I wonder what the twins will look as they get older. I'm going to take a guess that your profile picture is one of them? ;)

I loved both chapters! I wonder what the twins will look as they get older. I'm going to take a guess that your profile picture is one of them? ;)

Thanks! And nope, that would be Rocket Drifter as my dp :smiley:
    RubeySim wrote: »

Thanks! And nope, that would be Rocket Drifter as my dp :smiley:

Oh, okay! I just thought since he was blonde, that might be one of them :lol:
    New chapter released!!

Real life is getting busy this month and I've been working hard to queue up enough chapters for my stories. That way when I take a leave of absence for a few weeks once the baby arrives and we get settled into a routine and the boyfriend goes back to work, I can still keep publishing them even if I'm not playing. I've changed the publishing schedules in hopes of making the chapters last.

Today I bring you an chapter from the Rivera Legacy.

1.5 - Praying to the Maker
    Front post has been updated with the information to my fun gameplay captioned rendition of the Drifter Challenge. It also has the first two chapters available to be read, which was posted yesterday but I forgot to share the news here, and today another chapter for the Sullivan Tales has been published.

I've also updated the blog and for each story there is a link at the end for the next chapter. This is to make it easier to that specific story, instead of having to constantly go back to the table of contents or scroll through the other stories.

Have a wonderful day!