Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I guess it is what that certain person would consider a failure. I for one think that all the missing things in the sims 4 pretty much says failure. I cannot enjoy it for missing toddlers, open world, cars and a long list of other things that I feel made the game fun and worth playing. If you like it the way it is then all I can say is more power to you. I just miss so many things in the game I don't think it's that much fun.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    I liked Sims 4 at the beginning, but then it simply started to be boring.. I didn't have this feeling with sims 3.
    Ea made a lot of mistakes with this game.. firstly by releasing it too early. They should work on this game for 2, 3 years more.. then it would be a good game. Secondly.. they released a game with half of content added and overpriced it. Thirdly, when they saw that it didn't work they made a couple of really bad decision which instead of helping caused more havoc and distrust..
    Now.. even if I am still hopeful.. I am more disappointed... so I do find this game to be a failure. I might change my mind if they change a management and finally face the customers and sort out the mess they created:))
    Anyway I do agree with @Gabe_oz .. we have plenty of threads like this :)))

This.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    Well, y'all almost made me forget what I wanted to say but I think I got it back together now.

I have an appreciation on the one hand that Maxis developed Sims 4 to be run on older computers simply because in a time of economic depression/recession a lot of people can't afford to upgrade toys, and let's look at this thing realistically in that a whole lot of people prefer laptop computers and the price of an actual gaming laptop is way up there. I know there are a number of people who still run 32-bit computers but in a lot of cases, unless a person is stuck living on disability or unemployment, when a game comes out we really want to play we usually somehow find the means to upgrade old equipment. For example, I wanted a 3DSXL hand-held but they cost more money than I could afford to pay. Instead I bought a refurbished unit and sold my old DSXL along with some games we no longer wanted on that really big auction site and only came short for the 3DSXL by about $20. I don't expect everyone has old stuff lying around they can profit from but usually when the desire is strong enough people find a way to make it happen.

When Sims 3 was originally released there weren't a lot of people aside from serious gamers who yet had 64-bit systems so I completely understand why it was held back to 32-bit. I think by the end it was much too ambitious of a project for 32-bit, although I know there are a number of things that should've been programmed differently that weren't. For example, CASt didn't have nearly as many problems BEFORE the whole store thing was built into the game and I have it on pretty good authority that a lot of other performance problems were introduced with that update. This is kind of like cutting off one's nose to spite their face, as in I don't see a lot of point in creating an update that will ultimately turn off a lot of players because it makes such a hit on performance.

It's beyond my understanding why any major game company would create a game to run on 32-bit hardware at this time, and especially a game that should grow over the next several years. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    But is that really so? My computer couldn't run it, and that was a computer that ran Sims 3 + all EP's + all SP's + a lot of Store content just fine, on highest settings. Still, as soon as I entered CAS in Sims 4 the whole thing would go black.

It would be dependant on the PC, I've seen lots of people who couldn't play The Sims 3 be able to paly The Sims 4 with no trouble.
    Yes, I still have no idea why I could play the demo on our old laptop without a problem, but not on my expensive pc (that like I said didn't have any issues with S3, a game I would never be able to play on that laptop, not even just the basegame I think).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ummmm I like it, but when I think of the missing things I get really angry, if that makes any sense
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Sim love wrote: »
    Ummmm I like it, but when I think of the missing things I get really angry, if that makes any sense
    It does. I actually tried to not think about it when I was playing, but I eventually would because something always reminded me (some things are so glaringly obvious).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    I think right now its ok. Not amazing or the best in the series but not a complete mess like simcity. Hopefully after another year or two it will grow to greatness like the sims 3 did after a few years.
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    shadowicia wrote: »
    Calling Sims 4 " a remastered version of The Sims 1" is an insult to Sims 1.

thumbnail.php?file=lol_649996712.png&size=summary_medium
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    "A unique game with unique gameplay"

Yeah, linear gameplay is so unique. You know what other game series directs me and tells me what I need to do? Pokémon!

tumblr_inline_mphvyzMIDl1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    "A unique game with unique gameplay"

Yeah, linear gameplay is so unique. You know what other game series directs me and tells me what I need to do? Pokémon!

tumblr_inline_mphvyzMIDl1qz4rgp.gif
    Awww, don't be sad, Pikachu. You're my favorite little electric mouse!
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    For me, the failure in the series is the sims 3.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    I think for me, that is when EA started alienating customers for the Sims. It is what started the disappointment we see today. I see similar bugs and issues occur for both games. I do think the Sims Freeplay will keep the franchise afloat. It seems to be performing really well from multiple EA conference calls.

Seems like from the recent conference call, Sims 4 is selling better than it did at launch, so you'll be happy to hear that.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    And this is why I think Sims 4 was intended to be a remake of Sims 2.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

When Franklin said that the series was going back to it's roots I thought TS2 also.....but with the absence of features and life stages it seems more like 1 to me. I would have been happy if they had taken 2 and did an update.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

When Franklin said that the series was going back to it's roots I thought TS2 also.....but with the absence of features and life stages it seems more like 1 to me. I would have been happy if they had taken 2 and did an update.
    I still don't understand why they'd want to go 15 years back anyway.
  • Options

You will never hear me say that TS3 is perfect or that it couldn't have been way better if they tried, I can't even play this game anymore due to my taste in sims. But I recognize on a not so biased level that itsbase game had way more features and that it tried to be something new unlike TS4.
  • Options

I agree. TS2's main theme was "generations/ unique life stages". TS4 lacks the most in that department. I don't get why those games are compared other than because of the loading screens.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think for me, that is when EA started alienating customers for the Sims. It is what started the disappointment we see today. I see similar bugs and issues occur for both games. I do think the Sims Freeplay will keep the franchise afloat. It seems to be performing really well from multiple EA conference calls.

Seems like from the recent conference call, Sims 4 is selling better than it did at launch, so you'll be happy to hear that.
    And welcoming others. Maybe it will be the same for Sims 4. I've been playing SF for a while, but now I'm bored by it. You can't compare that one to any of the pc versions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited November 2015

Possibly due to the popularity of The Sims 2, it was popular when it first released, it became more popular when people experienced troubles with The Sims 3 in it's early release and it surprisingly is still a best sellers in a few parts of the world and some websites. In short, TS2 has longer popularity, much loved features that are so far still exclusive to the game and some people see The Sims 2 as the only actual improvement in the franchise as it received the least amount of negative feedback.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options

Possibly due to the popularity of The Sims 2, it was popular when it first released, it became more popular when people experienced troubles with The Sims 3 in it's early release and it surprisingly is still a best sellers in a few parts of the world and some websites. In short, TS2 has longer popularity, much loved features that are so far still exclusive to the game and some people see The Sims 2 as the only actual improvement in the franchise as it received the least amount of negative feedback.
    If that's the real reason I think they've made a huge error of judgement.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

Umm, Sims 2 is 10 or 11 years old. I was referring to Sims 1.
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Hm, good idea starting this! What do you think? :smiley:

I really like it! Except that there is no waist length hair and beard and hair movement D:
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    The question is though, why when they said they were going back to the sims roots did people assume TS2, rather than the original sims?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top