Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I will never, never play like this again

I will never, never ever play a toddler in sims 4 again, I have never seen a sims toddler or real toddler act that way. the sims 4 toddler is terrible to play. I will play a child only. I could not stand the way the toddler acted. If I have a baby, it will be turned into a child as soon as I can. It is the most horrible play I have ever done. I will never play a toddler again.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited May 2023
    I love toddlers. ❤️ I kept one of my toddlers in that age stage for several real life years because I didn't want to age her up.

@Evalen what problems are you running into with your toddler? Maybe we can help. How did you do with the infant stage?

ETA: I also think the Sims 4 toddlers are the most realistic and true to life.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I love toddlers. ❤️ I kept one of my toddlers in that age stage for several real life years because I didn't want to age her up.

@Evalen what problems are you running into with your toddler? Maybe we can help. How did you do with the infant stage?

the infant stage was nice, I really like that one, well now for the toddler, it seemed like all the toddler did was in a cloud tearing things up, weird. I did not play long at all. toddler always in a cloud tearing things up.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited May 2023
    See this article on toddler traits. Did your toddler have the wild trait?

https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-4/sims-4-toddler-traits-everything-you-need-to-know/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

the infant stage was nice, I really like that one, well now for the toddler, it seemed like all the toddler did was in a cloud tearing things up, weird. I did not play long at all. toddler always in a cloud tearing things up.

You are supposed to discipline them if they are on bad behaviour.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Welcome to the terrible 2's bud! :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

That's what wabbit tablets are for! I just freeze motives and let them skill up while I'm working the rest of the house.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @Evalen I'm sorry you're having a horrific experience. I love Sims4 Toddlers, I find them the best overall. Do you have Parenthood, by chance? If so, use the Parent menu to discipline the little monster, before they grow up to be an ax-murderer. As in RL, the Toddlers need guidance. Have your parental units give the Tot the attention needed. Coupled with the discipline and you'll turn out a great Sim. Also, Traits matter. I tried Wild once and that was more than enough for me..

Again, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. It's your game play it the way you wish to. But, HAVE FUN.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited May 2023
    In case that makes you feel better about your little ones, the being in a cloud tearing things up isn't the toddler destroying stuff, its supposed to be the kiddos playing. The toddler will move towards a kitchen or bathroom surface, take out a pan and swing it around, the cloud is just a means to hide that there are no animations for opening doors and actually grabbing things. The same cloud occurs for toddlers playing in the garden - they will move towards a plant and swing a shovel all the while being in a cloud. No plants or furniture actually gets damaged.

Because this interaction is playing, not bad behaviour, toddlers cannot get disciplined out of it.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I personally love the toddler stage too. I'm sorry you're not enjoying it.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I don’t care for the toddler stage either tbh. I don’t find it enjoyable or fun. So I quickly try to max their skills and age them up.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited May 2023
    See this article on toddler traits. Did your toddler have the wild trait?

https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-4/sims-4-toddler-traits-everything-you-need-to-know/

I agree with Simgirl. My current household's toddler had the wild trait, and he was into everything. On top of that, he had the picky eater, destructive, and light sleeper quirks. He was rough to handle. He broke his dollhouse daily, ran around without his clothes a couple of times, threw his food on the floor. It was crazy but I loved the chaos. However, I will admit when he aged up to a child, I had a sigh of relief.

Edit: I remembered the third quirk.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2023
    Idk I feel like irl toddlers also love to be in cloud tearing things up

I have considered getting locks for my cabinets just for when relatives come to visit with their evil spawn because nothing is ever safe from the little mess makers

as for in the game i have not run into such issue but I do play autonomy off so theres that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    The first time I played with a Sims toddler in the house, it was a nightmare... with the running and the screaming and in and out of the high chair and diapers and... argh! Kind of reminded me of when my own kid was a toddler actually. :)

The second time, much like once I had some experience in real life with my kid, I had a better idea how to manage the toddler. I figured out how to manage the toddler's needs and how much attention they needs - both from their sim parents and from me as a player. Much like a real toddler, a sim toddler is the center of the household - the center of the world - until they get old enough to manage more things on their own. So once I knew how to deal with them, I enjoyed playing them (and will occasionally get misty eyed remembering the all the times my real life kid was Cute Toddler instead of Nightmare Toddler).

Still, much as in real life I know and love people who confess to never wanting kids, I can understand and support players never wanting to play with sim toddlers. The great thing about the game is you don't have to. You can choose never to have sim kids or to immediately age up the toddler and skip that life stage entirely. Do what's fun for you.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I can't find it right now but there is a bug where the dust cloud gets stuck on the toddler even when the toddler is doing other things. Was that your issue, or was it that the toddler was actually doing the "play in" action a lot?
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

This is strange. We've been on a Space Odyssee with 2 toddlers for a few weeks in one of our stories and they never did this. Not once. And I never had this with my other toddlers eighter. But with these two I've spent the most time.
    It's a while ago though. Did they add this behavior just recently?

f67e38a981c5492ad55fa382c99f463c7d9c2697.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I adore the toddlers - just as I adore playing infants now too. But I do find them hard work and intense. For me, playing in a rotation helps, as I only spend a week at a time with each household before moving on to the next one, so I get a break from any toddlers. And I usually get the parents to go away for a couple of nights during the week, leaving the kids behind. In my stories this gives them some ‘together’ time - but mainly it gives me a chance to do different things other than just managing feeding/potty/high chair/bath/bedtime! As I play with ageing off, I’ve got plenty of time for my parents to do other things than just care for the toddlers all the time.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Toddlers getting stuff out of the cupboards in a cloud reminds me of my own sons. Well, apart from the cloud obviously :D

We used to have to put child locks on some of the kitchen cupboards but would leave pots and pans in a few that they could mooch and play with. The day my youngest learned to open the fridge we found him sat in a pile of broken eggs.

Sims toddlers aren't so bad lol.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2023
    Unless I'm playing a challenge where you have to randomize traits, I always give my toddlers the Clingy or Independent traits, because those two achieve toddler reward traits the fastest. If I want them to build Thinking skills by playing in the cabinets or dressers, I have to tell them. I hardly ever see them doing that on their own.

@elanorbreton you mean your kids didn't just turn into a cloud of dirty, animated mist? Has the Sims 4 been lying to me? :o
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I haven't experienced the toddler stage yet. They sound like a handful.

I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks, getting a non-trivial hardware upgrade that'll make the Sims run like greased lightning.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I almost always pick Independent trait for my tots. Angelic is good too. Also, I'm a control freak so they are never off doing mischief. none of my tots or kids make messes. Wabbit tablet will keep them occupied, and teach them every skill. I also always keep parents and any other caregivers away from the little ones, unless their social or hygiene needs are low. I'll look after the little bundles of joy myself, thanks Adult Sim.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have played the infant stage, and the toddler stage.
    I tend to play them for a bit, and then age them up with a birthday cake.
    With having some many Sims born in my families, it gets annoying when the parents keep moving them when you try to take are of them, so I age them after playing them a few times.
    I let them be that age for a little bit, until I do age them up.