Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2022
    I definitely have hope that the werewolf we see in the cover image (and the larger, more HD version) is just the tip of the iceberg and not all there is to offer as far as options go yet. Plus since the pack's not even out yet, there's still a possibility that this isn't even the "final" product and could be slightly tweaked by the time we actually get the pack. So I'm not too worried, and all and all I'm pretty happy with what the werewolf form looks like.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    SimGuruBat is working heavily on this pack, and I know she is an occultist sims player and lover - so my hopes are high that we'll get some decent customization with the werewolf. Granted, they probably should've picked a more menacing looking werewolf for the cover art render... but I'm hoping.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    SimGuruBat is working heavily on this pack, and I know she is an occultist sims player and lover - so my hopes are high that we'll get some decent customization with the werewolf. Granted, they probably should've picked a more menacing looking werewolf for the cover art render... but I'm hoping.

Oh really? Bat is working on this pack? That definitely gives me hope then!
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    The cover werewolf does look a little... off, to me. In some ways though, this is probably the best I could hope for and I mean that honestly and not cynically. Something more monstrous would have been a lot of new work and not very likely. It's a bit goofy, but that's par for the course for Sims 4, and as much as I'm not always for the style of Sims 4, I am for consistency. This doesn't really draw me in, but it doesn't drive me off either. Depending on the actual details of the pack, I might pick this up.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2022
    From what I'm seeing and from a couple of polls it's it's pretty evenly split.

It wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head. I wanted huge snarling beasts. But you know what, they're growing on me. Realistically we weren't going to get that. It's not in keeping with the style or graphics of the Sims. What they produced looks really good. For those who are disappointed, sleep on it and try again tomorrow with an open mind. They could have been far worse.

One thing that I have learned with this game, or well... things in general is to never judge a book by it's cover. I have been positively surprised by things that Maxis have released before.

It's too easy sometimes to fall into negative feelings about something that you have not seen how it works or looks in the game.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    logion wrote: »

It wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head. I wanted huge snarling beasts. But you know what, they're growing on me. Realistically we weren't going to get that. It's not in keeping with the style or graphics of the Sims. What they produced looks really good. For those who are disappointed, sleep on it and try again tomorrow with an open mind. They could have been far worse.

One thing that I have learned with this game, or well... things in general is to never judge a book by it's cover. I have been positively surprised by things that Maxis have released before.

It's too easy sometimes to fall into negative feelings about something that you have not seen how it works or looks in the game.

I never really had negative feelings about it. Not in the I hate this, it's garbage way. It was that momentary letdown that it wasn't perfect. But when I looked again and at a better pic I realized it wasn't perfect, but I was perfectly happy with it.

I was one of the ones who got all carried away with constructing our collective ultimate werewolves. I took it further by getting too excited and getting kind of emotionally caught up in the excitement. Now that I've had a chance to view the cover art in the best possible circumstances I really do love them.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Oh really? Bat is working on this pack? That definitely gives me hope then!

Yes. She tweeted that she's so hyped for us to see what she's been working on.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited June 2022
    Just a friendly reminder that neither this cover art

yJAk6En.jpg

Nor this one

yeKDgIz.jpg

we’re good indications of how dark CAS would let you go. They seem to deliberately showcase the most friendly options on the cover. The rest is up to us.

Edit to add: that RoM cover is where my love of Morgyn started. But Morgyn in game is not quite like this. Thus, my tweaking in CAS.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    cyncie wrote: »

yJAk6En.jpg

Nor this one

yeKDgIz.jpg

we’re good indications of how dark CAS would let you go. They seem to deliberately showcase the most friendly options on the cover. The rest is up to us.

Edit to add: that RoM cover is where my love of Morgyn started. But Morgyn in game is not quite like this. Thus, my tweaking in CAS.

Our Sims aren't three dimensional, but they are closer to it than the cover art. There is depth, and scale to sims in the world that cover art can not match and it does have a big effect on how something looks. To me the cover art is what is says it is, art. A drawing. Sims, even though they themselves are a form of art, a form of a drawing, they have a more real feel that I'm sure will make the wolf form look a whole lot better than that drawing does.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

yJAk6En.jpg

Nor this one

yeKDgIz.jpg

Yeah, the vampire cover doesn’t show the “veins”, dark circles, or the deep/thick brow elements that you can add to the vampires to create different looks and such.

I’ve seen folks get very creative with making supernatural looks like sharp-teethed sirens and some types of fey creatures, etc.

And that’s not including the CC potential…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I think the vibe they were going for with the game pack cover was someone experiencing a confusing new shift? That's the look I'm getting anyway.
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member

I never really had negative feelings about it. Not in the I hate this, it's garbage way. It was that momentary letdown that it wasn't perfect. But when I looked again and at a better pic I realized it wasn't perfect, but I was perfectly happy with it.

I was one of the ones who got all carried away with constructing our collective ultimate werewolves. I took it further by getting too excited and getting kind of emotionally caught up in the excitement. Now that I've had a chance to view the cover art in the best possible circumstances I really do love them.

Yeah! I legitimately like the way this werewolf looks. If they add to them, I do hope it is in the form of more options - rather than completely changing what we see in the art. More options is always good.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

That's good, my comment was mostly about the people that are complaining about the cover art on twitter.

Some of my favorite packs that Maxis made for the sims4 were packs that I was pretty skeptical about when they were announced.
  • Options
    Leowyld wrote: »

Yeah! I legitimately like the way this werewolf looks. If they add to them, I do hope it is in the form of more options - rather than completely changing what we see in the art. More options is always good.

I think what we're going to see in-game will have that thicker coat that I think so many people want. The muzzles may be more pronounced and they will appear more muscular. Since they went with a female werewolf on the cover they made her less bulky and her wolf features got toned down too.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    What, no friendly neighborhood Werewolf? :D We might actually get some really scary beasts? :o>:)
    Run to the hills!! :p
  • Options

That's good, my comment was mostly about the people that are complaining about the cover art on twitter.

Some of my favorite packs that Maxis made for the sims4 were packs that I was pretty skeptical about when they were announced.

I missed what you were quoting, the theme.
  • Options
    I wonder if that one deciphered note about 'watch out for Greg' might... mean that maybe Greg is the name of a feral werewolf that roams around?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    My theory:

Greg is probably our werewolf Vlad, with a backstory and become a potential mentor or leader of the werewolf ways, or is just someone who can bite and infect the player characters.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm reserving judgement on the look of werewolves until we actually see them in game, the artwork is just artwork and doesn't even really look like the game tbh. I expect they'll have similar customisation to pets though so we could probably easily make them look more menacing and less like a lynx and more like a wolf
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2022
    Oooh I like the new Werewolf look, I am getting a Remus Lupin vibe from it, well that was the first thing I thought ;)
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    They're naked, they're naked :smiley::smiley: and I am so filled with glee! They are NOT a weird hairy human! And they're naked!!!
    I know not everyone wants that, but I DID! The only thing I would ever want to put on a werewolf is a hooded cape, or some sort of battle gear.

I am not concerned about how gentle he looks, cause cas. And Maxis has to advertise in a way that can appeal to parents as well. I am sure in cas we will be able to make them look a bit tougher, and darker.. I think those who want nice mama and papa wolfies will be happy with how cuddly they can look.
    This was always going to be a Sims werewolf on a Sim frame, not something extremely and alternatively beastly. It’s a great improvement on previous iterations, and probably customizable, so it will be interesting to see what we can do in CAS.

I feel the same way. It isn't the dreaded Sims 3 rehash I was worried about. This fits within what my expectations were.
    Okay, the sim is cute, but why does she keep her accessories when she transforms?

I don't think she does. The collar doesn't look the same size.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    So can't wait to see Greg. >:):p Maybe he'll be a full Lycan. B)
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    OMG I see claws! And those gnarly hands!! I so hope that isn't just in the artwork. I love those hands!!

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    I think it will be even better when we see them in game.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited June 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    still hoping that the scary factor is only lacking because its cover picture and they didn't want to scare the kids but the option is there in the actual game to make them truly spooky *knocks wood until realizes its the wall of mill house and stops knocking and starts running*
    MC5YaAG.png
    Be not afraid.

I hope it will bring new shorts for male sims, the pants never survive to the transformation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top