Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    We'll have to see if they show us any different types of werewolves tomorrow in the trailer, which I'm hoping they do! People on Twitter are taking digs at the design at the moment. Personally I don't see a cat, but to each their own.

Twitter being Twitter. I'm not the least bit surprised their taking shots at the gurus and the product that's what that they do over there. No matter what the gurus posted, it would never be good enough to please them. That's one of the reasons I like it here so much. We talk, we debate, we share, and we do it all in a friendly civil manner.

Yeah, some parts of the Twitter community loves to be pretty negative at times.

The forums used to be like that during the early years of Sims 4, but it’s calmed down a lot, thank goodness. Gives us Sims 4 lovers a breather from all of that.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm mainly just worried about the lack of clothing on wolf form atm I don't want my sims running around completely naked even if theyre half wolves that is just not... proper
    *grasps her purse tightly in crumplebottom manner*

I want them dressed properly like these 2
    Sims_1_werewolves.PNG
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    From what I'm seeing and from a couple of polls it's it's pretty evenly split.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm mainly just worried about the lack of clothing on wolf form atm I don't want my sims running around completely naked even if theyre half wolves that is just not... proper
    *grasps her purse tightly in crumplebottom manner*

Lol!
    *imagines college frat werewolf students streaking*
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    We'll have to see if they show us any different types of werewolves tomorrow in the trailer, which I'm hoping they do! People on Twitter are taking digs at the design at the moment. Personally I don't see a cat, but to each their own.

Twitter being Twitter. I'm not the least bit surprised their taking shots at the gurus and the product that's what that they do over there. No matter what the gurus posted, it would never be good enough to please them. That's one of the reasons I like it here so much. We talk, we debate, we share, and we do it all in a friendly civil manner.

The forums used to be like that during the early years of Sims 4, but it’s calmed down a lot, thank goodness. Gives us Sims 4 lovers a breather from all of that.

Sad thing is there are some really good follows on Twitter but it's nearly impossible to block out the noise. I just don't understand the need to be so vicious and nasty. What good does it do? I feel good when I can make someone else feel good. Give them a much needed laugh.
  • Options

Sad thing is there are some really good follows on Twitter but it's nearly impossible to block out the noise. I just don't understand the need to be so vicious and nasty. What good does it do? I feel good when I can make someone else feel good. Give them a much needed laugh.

Oh, there are lots of great creators and builders out there. I just follow the ones I want to follow, and then block out or ignore the more negative or toxic ones. I can still find stuff to enjoy this way.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    My only real criticism of the werewolf form is how short the muzzle appears in the cover art, but that could be a perspective thing. I mean, yes, I'd like them to be a bit bulkier/bushier, and I'd like digitigrade legs, but I also know enough about figure modeling and geometry switching to understand why they didn't go with those.

I just hope we do get tails and it's just not visible in the cover render.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

It wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head. I wanted huge snarling beasts. But you know what, they're growing on me. Realistically we weren't going to get that. It's not in keeping with the style or graphics of the Sims. What they produced looks really good. For those who are disappointed, sleep on it and try again tomorrow with an open mind. They could have been far worse.
  • Options
    I'm just glad we didn't get any hairy humans
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    My only real criticism of the werewolf form is how short the muzzle appears in the cover art, but that could be a perspective thing. I mean, yes, I'd like them to be a bit bulkier/bushier, and I'd like digitigrade legs, but I also know enough about figure modeling and geometry switching to understand why they didn't go with those.

Yeah, I was thinking that the physics or skeleton rigging, and fur modeling/rendering would be limiting what we can get, for sure.

Maybe the snout will look better in game vs the render? Sometimes the stuff in the game look a bit different than the renders once in a while.

It wasn't exactly what I pictured in my head. I wanted huge snarling beasts. But you know what, they're growing on me. Realistically weren't going to get that. It's not in keeping with the style or graphics of the Sims. What they produced looks really good. For those who are disappointed, sleep on it and try again tomorrow with an open mind. They could have been far worse.

Yeah, realistically, we weren’t going to get the beastly different/bigger skeletons and over the top fur, so this was close to what I think the Sims series would have done anyway. Very close to being more human-like. (I am still hoping for tails, though.)

It grew on me, eventually. I think seeing it animated and in-game could also make a difference as well. We’ll see how they look in the trailer tomorrow! 🤗👍
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I'm dying to see them in game. I was hoping for the big thick coats too, more pronounced muzzles. The tighter shot of the cover showed more wolflike features. That very first pic I saw didn't look anything like the second, to me. I'm pleased so far with the visuals, and Moonwood Mill looks really good from the little bit I've seen.
  • Options
    I'm hoping we'll be able to make adjustments in CAS that allow for a bit more fierceness.
  • Options

For a minute when I saw that first pic you posted, it went from looking vaguely feline, to looking like a more stylish version of the hairy humans. I'm happy and content so far.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm hoping we'll be able to make adjustments in CAS that allow for a bit more fierceness.

The vampires and mermaids have some good customization and some variations, so I hope it will be applied to werewolves as well, too! 🤗👍

I personally love the cute look, because I love cute stuff, but it’s nice to have some variety among the werewolves, and to provide folks who would like more fierce looks with some more beastly or scary options (like scary eyes or adjustments of teeth, etc). :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Options

well if nothing else it does seem like upgrade from ts2 version visually :lol:
    Werewolfsim.png
    just also hope the clothing can be added and the form can be made more beastly and such
  • Options

well if nothing else it does seem like upgrade from ts2 version visually :lol:
    Werewolfsim.png
    just also hope the clothing can be added and the form can be made more beastly and such

For me, this Sims 4 one definitely looks better, lol! 😄

I am just glad it’s not just humans with thick brows and weird facial features.
    (She/her)
  • Options

For those willing to go the cc route it should be easy to get the look within a couple of weeks tops.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Really looking at the the picture closely, I think it is mainly just the lack of tail, shorter snout, and feet that are so off-putting. If the more human-like feet is just a result of the fact that more digitigrade legs would be difficult to animate, then that will just be something to deal with. As far as a more muscular build goes, hopefully using the "fat" and "muscle" sliders will help with that. I'm thinking they just tried to match the werewolf's body type to the main Sim to show that it is in fact the same Sim. And as long as we have different snouts to choose from and tails, I think we should be able to create some decent looking werewolves.

They're definitely superior to the wolfman/hairy humans of TS3, and the... whatever it was from TS2. I haven't played either game, but from what I've seen from the pictures.... I think TS4 Werewolves look fine.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    Honestly, I will have to disagree that the Werewolf in the picture is disappointing or anything like that. It's about what I expected and hoped for. Some people were getting their hopes up too high by linking pictures of extremely fierce and very muscular Werewolves when Sims in the basegame can't even get that muscular on their own. It's not a hairy human. That's all I really wanted. And that's just one Werewolf, the trailer could show other means of making more frightening or more "wolf-like" Werewolves. For now, I think it looks alright, but if it ends up being that this Werewolf is the standard for the Werewolf form, I'll agree, that will be disappointing.

I will have to agree, though. The lack of a tail and the fact that it looks like... something you'd see in the furry community (lol) is a bit surprising, but I'll wait until the trailer before giving final judgement. Although... does anyone think of that musical "Cats"? XD
    Post edited by LJK on
  • Options
    Really looking at the the picture closely, I think it is mainly just the lack of tail, shorter snout, and feet that are so off-putting. If the more human-like feet is just a result of the fact that more digitigrade legs would be difficult to animate, then that will just be something to deal with. As far as a more muscular build goes, hopefully using the "fat" and "muscle" sliders will help with that. I'm thinking they just tried to match the werewolf's body type to the main Sim to show that it is in fact the same Sim. And as long as we have different snouts to choose from and tails, I think we should be able to create some decent looking werewolves.

They're definitely superior to the wolfman/hairy humans of TS3, and the... whatever it was from TS2. I haven't played either game, but from what I've seen from the pictures.... I think TS4 Werewolves look fine.

I'm getting my first opportunity to see the pic on my computer and it looks even better. Yes, in the pic at least, it lacks the scary factor, maybe the in-game graphics will have a little more fierceness. I'm still on board with them. I'll get over any lingering disappointment because they weren't exactly how I pictured them.

The CAS items look great too. I'm dying to get my hands on some of that stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I'm getting my first opportunity to see the pic on my computer and it looks even better. Yes, in the pic at least, it lacks the scary factor, maybe the in-game graphics will have a little more fierceness. I'm still on board with them. I'll get over any lingering disappointment because they weren't exactly how I pictured them.

still hoping that the scary factor is only lacking because its cover picture and they didn't want to scare the kids but the option is there in the actual game to make them truly spooky *knocks wood until realizes its the wall of mill house and stops knocking and starts running*
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

I'm pretty sure they're not going to have clothes, so get ready for naked werewolves (except for some jewelry).

For fur to work with every piece of clothing in the game, it would have to be a 2D overlay entirely. Obviously there's some digital retouching going on in the cover, so the fur probably won't be as wispy/shaggy/detailed as it appears. But I get the impression the fur will be 3D-modelled in the way the fur for cats and dogs is modelled. If it's 3D fur, it won't be compatible with clothing.

• Options

still hoping that the scary factor is only lacking because its cover picture and they didn't want to scare the kids but the option is there in the actual game to make them truly spooky

I can't wait to take one into CAS and play around with the sliders and see what we can do about adding a little scariness. The cover art has always looked 'flat', it doesn't do them justice. I feel like we're going to be happier with the in game shots. Little reminder for those that weren't all that impressed with the images from Moonlight Chic, myself included, but once we saw the items in CAS it was much better. Bet you get a similar improvement with our wolfies.
  • Options
    @Simmingal Something else I just remembered, with vampires they gave us some additional items we could use to make our vampires more monstrous. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like it for werewolves. And Maxis has been making better looking CAS recently, so crossed fingers that the werewolf customizable items in CAS will look better than the older vampire items do.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    still hoping that the scary factor is only lacking because its cover picture and they didn't want to scare the kids but the option is there in the actual game to make them truly spooky *knocks wood until realizes its the wall of mill house and stops knocking and starts running*
    MC5YaAG.png
    Be not afraid.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top