Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Life-- FIRST PICTURES?--

Comments

• Options
    Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited December 2012
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    I love that campus!! OMG!! It's so life like!! It reminds me of Colgate, in upstate NY! Oh goodness! I can't wait to get this ep.

I was so ... :| about this coming out. No peps, or anything, just waiting... But now, after seeing these pictures!!! wowowowowow!!! I can't wait!!

:D

As a lifelong resident of NY; Hamilton (Colgate) is not upstate NY! Potsdam, NY (my home) is upstate NY. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Oh my!! I just moved away from Oriskany Falls, lol! We were neighbors! I'm in Wyoming now, no trees here.

But as to the upstate? Anyone from NYC calls the rest of the state upstate. Anyone from anywhere else thinks if you say you're from NY, they automatically think "NYC" so that's how I define upstate. It also includes Albany, too.

That's so true.They don't realize that there are Adirondack Mountains that separate NYS. And uggh.. NYC. To the ppl of the world: there's more to the NYS than simply NYC! I've been dealing w/ that all my life. Even when I went to college, in Potsdam, w/ ppl from NYC and Long Island. They're all like "OMG how do people live up here?" LOL
  • Options
    lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited December 2012
    I AM GONNA DIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!! PEPS PEPS PEPS OOOOOVVVERRLOOOADDD
    UNIVERSITY, BE.ANNOUNCED. OR I WILL FREAK OUT MOREEE
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lolzbr wrote:
    I AM GONNA DIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!! PEPS PEPS PEPS OOOOOVVVERRLOOOADDD
    UNIVERSITY, BE.ANNOUNCED. OR I WILL FREAK OUT MOREEE

Right? I really just want to know what will be 'rabbit holes'. I'm more than certain that pretty much every *academic* building will be. And dorm buildings will prob be like apartments in that you can only go to a certain floor and the rest will be blacked out. That will be very disappointing if that's true. But I'm excited for hanging around the quad and meeting other college sims! :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    I love that campus!! OMG!! It's so life like!! It reminds me of Colgate, in upstate NY! Oh goodness! I can't wait to get this ep.

I was so ... :| about this coming out. No peps, or anything, just waiting... But now, after seeing these pictures!!! wowowowowow!!! I can't wait!!

As a lifelong resident of NY; Hamilton (Colgate) is not upstate NY! Potsdam, NY (my home) is upstate NY. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Oh my!! I just moved away from Oriskany Falls, lol! We were neighbors! I'm in Wyoming now, no trees here.

But as to the upstate? Anyone from NYC calls the rest of the state upstate. Anyone from anywhere else thinks if you say you're from NY, they automatically think "NYC" so that's how I define upstate. It also includes Albany, too.

That's so true.They don't realize that there are Adirondack Mountains that separate NYS. And uggh.. NYC. To the ppl of the world: there's more to the NYS than simply NYC! I've been dealing w/ that all my life. Even when I went to college, in Potsdam, w/ ppl from NYC and Long Island. They're all like "OMG how do people live up here?" LOL

I totally get what you're saying, lol!

Hey! Good luck with your last year in school. I used to live in the Adirondacks, my two youngest kids were born in Saranac Lake! Again, neighbors!

I sent you a friend request!

Happy Holidays!!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:

Hey! Good luck with your last year in school. I used to live in the Adirondacks, my two youngest kids were born in Saranac Lake! Again, neighbors!

Happy Holidays!!

Yeah I'm trying to accept it and it's giving me error messages. Oh, EA! And haha, fellow North Country neighbors. Yeah I graduate from SUNY Potsdam in 2014 with my MST in Childhood Education, then... who knows? I'll either settle up here or move down state if I got a really good job offer. Happy Holidays to you too. :D
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2012
    By the way, someone said that it was snowing on campus. Hate to break the news, but that's not snow...it's only one of the effects of the webpage that has the photos. Apparently, they've got some fancy Christmas graphics going. It's very annoying with the jumping up and down graphics.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    By the way, someone said that it was snowing on campus. Hate to break the news, but that's not snow...it's only one of the effects of the webpage that has the photos. Apparently, they've got some fancy Christmas graphics going. It's very annoying with the jumping up and down graphics.

Wait? So someone couldn't see the difference between the pic and the 'special effects' on the webpage? Did they NOT click the image to make it full sized? They'd realize there's no snow. :roll:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    ToriSToriS Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:

Happy Holidays!!

Yeah I'm trying to accept it and it's giving me error messages. Oh, EA! And haha, fellow North Country neighbors. Yeah I graduate from SUNY Potsdam in 2014 with my MST in Childhood Education, then... who knows? I'll either settle up here or move down state if I got a really good job offer. Happy Holidays to you too. :D

Go SUNY! I go to a SUNY and my friend goes to SUNY Potsdam. I basically consider anything above NYC upstate. :lol: And... could someone explain what "peps" are? I have not been active on the forums since Sims 2.
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    edited December 2012
    O M FREAKIN G!!
    Man, I'm getting PEPS AGAIN! And I had it bad, waiting for SEASONS. I watched the trailers until I got it!! :oops:
    I hope we get to make money again! Although, in TS2, everytime my sim did it she got in trouble. :? That suck. But UNI has to be soooo so so fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ToriS wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:

Happy Holidays!!

Go SUNY! I go to a SUNY and my friend goes to SUNY Potsdam. I basically consider anything above NYC upstate. :lol: And... could someone explain what "peps" are? I have not been active on the forums since Sims 2.

SUNY HIGH FIVE! And 'PEPS" = Pre Expansion Pack Syndrome? I believe. It basically means that some people are having seizures/anxiety attacks over how excited they are. LOL :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    O M FREAKIN G!!
    Man, I'm getting PEPS AGAIN! And I had it bad, waiting for SEASONS. I watched the trailers until I got it!! :oops:
    I hope we get to make money again! Although, in TS2, everytime my sim did it she got in trouble. :? That sucked. But UNI has to be soooo so so fun! Time to play another game until it gets here. I'm sooo getting a new computer!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    OOps. sorry. See? I need a new computer. It's super slow.
  • Options
    ToriSToriS Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Wow if that's the case, then I have had PEPS for a very long time. XD
  • Options
    brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice, very excited for this expansion to be released.. can't wait for them to release a trailer of it showing more details. Also, is that a fog horn in the picture with the guy pulling the soda machine? Looks like it on the table. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    brezchette wrote:
    Nice, very excited for this expansion to be released.. can't wait for them to release a trailer of it showing more details. Also, is that a fog horn in the picture with the guy pulling the soda machine? Looks like it on the table. :D

Mega phone? I'm expecting some serious college kid protests going on! 8)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    edited December 2012
    I saw these and started jumping up and down in the post office, haha. People here probably think I'm insane. :lol: But, did anyone notice EA finally added smart phones? In the picture of the couple taking a picture together, you can see it. And the same interaction is shown in the background of the photo with the student journalist.
  • Options
    brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited December 2012
    I saw these and started jumping up and down in the post office, haha. People here probably think I'm insane. :lol: But, did anyone notice EA finally added smart phones? In the picture of the couple taking a picture together, you can see it. And the same interaction is shown in the background of the photo with the student journalist.

Yeah, I noticed that as well with them taking pictures together using the phone. So looking forward to this expansion pack. :D
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    It's just too bad there isn't online game capability. We could all make our SIMS and party it up together on campus. (sigh) :(

Although, it does look as if a lot of those buildings will be 'rabbit holes.'

I was thinking the same thing, not another rabbit hole.
    Besides that I am beginning to feel the excitement. :)
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2012
    Deandylan wrote:
    Same, I want to be able to enjoy the expansion free from all random freezing, so I'm getting a new computer before the launch date. :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    brezchette wrote:

Mega phone? I'm expecting some serious college kid protests going on! 8)

Very appropriate for UK simmers right now.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Zerbu wrote:
    Deandylan wrote:
    Same, I want to be able to enjoy the expansion free from all random freezing, so I'm getting a new computer before the launch date. :D

I'm so very jealous. My laptop is already below spec. I definitely won't be able to afford a new computer for at least another year. :?
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited December 2012
    Ahhh, I am so freakin' excited!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh well. Looks like we're not getting a Young Collegian age group. Those look like the Young Adults already in game.

:? They look to old to be college students. Which makes them look sill doing these activities, in my own opinion. I was hoping for and 18-21 age group.

But, I'll have to deal with it. I'm so excited :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited December 2012
    3DJ4 wrote:
    Oh well. Looks like we're not getting a Young Collegian age group. Those look like the Young Adults already in game.

:? They look to old to be college students. Which makes them look sill doing these activities, in my own opinion. I was hoping for and 18-21 age group.

But, I'll have to deal with it. I'm so excited :mrgreen:

Really? I guess we see the YA age group differently. I always imagine it to be right around 19-30ish. The life stages in this game cover several years and depending on how you do the hair/make-up, and how you dress them they can look pretty young. I don't think they look old at all. :-)
    IHJCfa6.jpg