Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Life-- FIRST PICTURES?--

Comments

• monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Backpacks, sitting with laptops, new world with beautiful campus, new paintings, sketch book, photography, table tennis, etc. PEPS overload :-) If this is fake, I would love to shake the hand of the person who did it, well done :lol: I can't tell if that's karaoke or interview...
  • Pets108Pets108 Posts: 150
    edited December 2012
    monaduncan wrote:
    Backpacks, sitting with laptops, new world with beautiful campus, new paintings, photography, table tennis, etc. PEPS overload :-) If this is fake, I would love to shake the hand of the person who did it, well done :lol: I can't tell if that's karaoke or interview...

im getting an awesome feeling that's a student interviewer, and a new career is some kid of tv something... news caster?
  • Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Pets108 wrote:
    monaduncan wrote:
    Backpacks, sitting with laptops, new world with beautiful campus, new paintings, photography, table tennis, etc. PEPS overload :-) If this is fake, I would love to shake the hand of the person who did it, well done :lol: I can't tell if that's karaoke or interview...

im getting an awesome feeling that's a student interviewer, and a new career is some kid of tv something... news caster?

Student newspaper, perhaps? :shock:

• michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited December 2012
    The picture of the man wearing the gnome costume, it looks like they are signing up for clubs. I like the picture of the guy and girl taking a picure of themselves. I hope that is real.
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Pets108 wrote:
    monaduncan wrote:

I hope you are right :D It would be great if we have a campus newspaper and tv broadcast or something.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2012
    Want want want want want WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!
  • LdyalbLdyalb Posts: 379 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I've been looking forward to University for ages, but I couldn't get properly excited without more details.

The more I look at these pictures, I can feel PEPS developing, I don't even have Seasons yet (5 sleeps!) but already I'm itching for something new. I've become very SN focused and it's time to enjoy human sims again. And maybe to send a witch to Uni, turn everyone else on campus into witches and pretend they're at Hogwarts :D

I agree with whoever said it definitely looks like a sub-hood is a real possibility here, I've been hoping that would be the case so we can completely immerse in the Uni experience. I'm just hoping our Sims will graduate as YA and won't automatically become adults when they leave as I see adults as being 35-40 plus and YA as being 18-35/40. I also hope Uni isn't just for teens/YA and that adults and elders could go and study if they want. I also recall the survey suggested allowing child prodigy sims to go which would be a neat feature. I doubt I'd use it, but would be a good tool for story telling for some people.

I'm excited!
  • joshirejoshire Posts: 645 New Member
    edited December 2012
    THIS LOOKS AMAZING OMG THE CAMPUS BUILDINGS OMG THIS COVERED IN SNOW OMG THIS CANT BE FAKE
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Ldyalb wrote:
    I've been looking forward to University for ages, but I couldn't get properly excited without more details.

The more I look at these pictures, I can feel PEPS developing, I don't even have Seasons yet (5 sleeps!) but already I'm itching for something new. I've become very SN focused and it's time to enjoy human sims again. And maybe to send a witch to Uni, turn everyone else on campus into witches and pretend they're at Hogwarts :D

:lol: I just mentioned Hogwarts on another thread! I can imagine them knowing we'd make a Hogwarts campus when they put the broom arena in supernatural! I love it when a good plan comes together. :D
  • LdyalbLdyalb Posts: 379 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Ldyalb wrote:

:lol: I just mentioned Hogwarts on another thread! I can imagine them knowing we'd make a Hogwarts campus when they put the broom arena in supernatural! I love it when a good plan comes together. :D

Yeah, they blates had it in mind. I'm a massive Harry Potter fan, I'm autistic so when I get obsessed, I really do get obsessed. I was a bit disapointed that Twilight got way more references in SN than HP but when I saw the broom arena I got very excited :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to having sims at Uni playing for tips in the park, performing stunt rides for tips etc. I loved TS2 Uni and I can't wait to play it in an open world.

I like to get Michael Bachelor and Bebe Hart together (they're a cute couple and make attractive children, their daughter, Lucia, in one of my games is a cutie) and I love the idea of them strolling around campus and doing cute romantic things together. Same with Bella and Mortimer. I met my bf at Uni 6 years ago so I always think of young love when I think of Uni.

I also can't wait to set some good looking flirty sims on to campus too and see the havoc they create.

Yep, I officially have PEPS. It's like SN PEPS all over again :lol: The quality of the EPs has improved lately IMO - now all we need is OFB/Free Time and I'm one happy camper.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2012
    OMG, where am I gonna put this in Sunset Valley? Looks like the movie studio is gone and time for a University! Woot!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think universities comes with sub hood towns but you probebly could put some universities in SV if you find a lot big enough.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Are those real vending machines! Is that ping pong! Where's my peps paper hyperventilation bag. Was that laptop on the ground! I want it now. I am sending EA a blank check and a bag of candy.

In one of the pics it looks like "move in" activities and you can see a GNOME MASCOT? LOL

This was one of the first things I noticed. If you look on the jacket in the first pic, the "letter" is a Gnome.

I guess in TS3, there will be no Gerbits, Gerbits vo-o-o-o Gerbits! Translation Llamas, Llamas, go-o-o-o Llamas!
    I don't know what Gnome is in Simlish. :P
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm going to stick my neck out here.

1. These aren't fake. Remember that EA is (in)famous for leaking information, and they've promised an important announcement on the January 8th live chat about the Decades Stuff Pack, so I'm pretty sure that these are official photos that were leaked to Sims Domination.

2. It's not going to be a subhood. It's going to be a set of worlds like the vacation worlds, and you won't be able to switch back and forth like you could with Uni. Remember, I've been warning people about that; the University EP won't be *exactly* like the University...and yes, the classrooms probably *will* be rabbitholes, but there will probably be dorms or a dorm that you can send your Sim to...although I doubt you will be able to play more than one Sim unless you merge them with the dorm at the same time.

My speculations are based on the way the current game engine works. I'm pretty sure that they will have made *some* adjustments, but overall, they'll probably stick close to what they know works with the game.

Things I do look forward to: vending machines, ping-pong tables, and hopefully, a fuller experience so that the Sims who don't go to University will be able to to get an education anyway. And if the semesters are short, your Sim will probably have to wait a few days between semesters to go back, much like in World Adventures. I doubt that they will automatically convert to adults upon graduation though.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited December 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    OMG, where am I gonna put this in Sunset Valley? Looks like the movie studio is gone and time for a University! Woot!

Judging the size of the sims against the buildings, it looks too big for a 64 X 64 lot, So I imagine its a new n-hood
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2012
    I agree with your speculations and really hope that Uni will play that way. I don't want subhoods and I want all sims YA and above to have the opportunity for higher learning.

I am on pins and needles for more information. Remember how everyone pined for Seasons, this is the EP I was pining for. ;) So happy.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited December 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I'm going to stick my neck out here.

1. These aren't fake. Remember that EA is (in)famous for leaking information, and they've promised an important announcement on the January 8th live chat about the Decades Stuff Pack, so I'm pretty sure that these are official photos that were leaked to Sims Domination.

2. It's not going to be a subhood. It's going to be a set of worlds like the vacation worlds, and you won't be able to switch back and forth like you could with Uni. Remember, I've been warning people about that; the University EP won't be *exactly* like the University...and yes, the classrooms probably *will* be rabbitholes, but there will probably be dorms or a dorm that you can send your Sim to...although I doubt you will be able to play more than one Sim unless you merge them with the dorm at the same time.

My speculations are based on the way the current game engine works. I'm pretty sure that they will have made *some* adjustments, but overall, they'll probably stick close to what they know works with the game.

Things I do look forward to: vending machines, ping-pong tables, and hopefully, a fuller experience so that the Sims who don't go to University will be able to to get an education anyway. And if the semesters are short, your Sim will probably have to wait a few days between semesters to go back, much like in World Adventures. I doubt that they will automatically convert to adults upon graduation though.

Yes you will be able to play more then one if you use the moviemakercheatsenabled true cheat. I use it all the time to make unplayable sims playable and it also works in WA locations with those townies.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2012
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    No words can describe my feeling rights now :mrgreen: Forgive me :lol:

I just love love love love it!

Same feelings here ;)
    edited December 2012
    I said this in another forum as well, but in the picture with the ping pong table in the bottom eft hand corner it looks like a coffee stand, coupled with the lighted up coffee sign on the window, are we finally getting coffee shops?
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2012

Yes you will be able to play more then one if you use the moviemakercheatsenabled true cheat. I use it all the time to make unplayable sims playable and it also works in WA locations with those townies.

I'm not in the habit of using those kinds of cheats, and I'm perfectly happy playing just one Sim.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited December 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I'm not in the habit of using those kinds of cheats, and I'm perfectly happy playing just one Sim.

Sometimes I will use them to make two sims sit at the bubble blower,fish together etc and sometimes I just use them for fun. I often use them on dates though this cheat will cancel an outing or date however you can still consider it a date if their both together.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2012
    I love that campus!! OMG!! It's so life like!! It reminds me of Colgate, in upstate NY! Oh goodness! I can't wait to get this ep.

I was so ... :| about this coming out. No peps, or anything, just waiting... But now, after seeing these pictures!!! wowowowowow!!! I can't wait!!

:D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited December 2012
    windweaver wrote:
    I love that campus!! OMG!! It's so life like!! It reminds me of Colgate, in upstate NY! Oh goodness! I can't wait to get this ep.

I was so ... :| about this coming out. No peps, or anything, just waiting... But now, after seeing these pictures!!! wowowowowow!!! I can't wait!!

As a lifelong resident of NY; Hamilton (Colgate) is not upstate NY! Potsdam, NY (my home) is upstate NY. Thanks. :mrgreen:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:

As a lifelong resident of NY; Hamilton (Colgate) is not upstate NY! Potsdam, NY (my home) is upstate NY. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Oh my!! I just moved away from Oriskany Falls, lol! We were neighbors! I'm in Wyoming now, no trees here.

But as to the upstate? Anyone from NYC calls the rest of the state upstate. Anyone from anywhere else thinks if you say you're from NY, they automatically think "NYC" so that's how I define upstate. It also includes Albany, too.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8