Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Life-- FIRST PICTURES?--

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited December 2012
    x_MG_x wrote:
    I am already having Peps.

me too since TS2 University, that's why I bought a laptop to go and play TS2 University, so I don't have Peps so much! :)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:
    I think all the fully visible buildings are rabbit holes, as the walls have depth and decorative pieces, the roof lacks a overhang and the windows are all rabbit holey, however, the buildings in the top right hand corner (behind the building on the right hand side of the quad), could be open ones.

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

The not so fancy/pretty buildings that are 'suspiciously' hidden behind the nicer ones will be the ones we can play. It's basic marketing. Nice EA!

school_zps40db1f06.jpg
    I think the building that's circled, that is closer to the top of the picture, is a dorm. It looks exactly like one of the dorms I stayed in when I was in university. The other building could be a dorm or a library even. Or maybe it's a student lounge. I know that most universities have the buildings with classes separated from the dorms, so it would make sense. In fact here is a picture of my old dorm.
    [IMG]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/aeroprincess87/ehaus_zpse71e5ded.jpg "height=350 width=675"[/IMG]
    The picture of that building hidden behind all the trees, looks pretty much like it.
  • Options
    Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:
    I think all the fully visible buildings are rabbit holes, as the walls have depth and decorative pieces, the roof lacks a overhang and the windows are all rabbit holey, however, the buildings in the top right hand corner (behind the building on the right hand side of the quad), could be open ones.

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

The not so fancy/pretty buildings that are 'suspiciously' hidden behind the nicer ones will be the ones we can play. It's basic marketing. Nice EA!

school_zps40db1f06.jpg
    I think the building that's circled, that is closer to the top of the picture, is a dorm. It looks exactly like one of the dorms I stayed in when I was in university. The other building could be a dorm or a library even. Or maybe it's a student lounge. I know that most universities have the buildings with classes separated from the dorms, so it would make sense. In fact here is a picture of my old dorm.
    [IMG]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/aeroprincess87/ehaus_zpse71e5ded.jpg "height=350 width=675"[/IMG]
    The picture of that building hidden behind all the trees, looks pretty much like it.

Agreed. But in either case: they'll be the open buildings. Now hopefully we can fully explore them and it won't be like Apartments or Night Clubs in that we can only see *our rooms* and every where else will be darkened out. At least with THE SIMS 2 UNIVERSITY you could explore the entire dorm building. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that a lot of the buildings will be 'rabbit holes' so the least they can do is not screw us on dorm buildings! :?
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    edited December 2012
    First Seasons? Now University? They're actually listening to us! Now all we need is Open For Business. These images are beyond awesome!
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

school_zps40db1f06.jpg

Agreed. But in either case: they'll be the open buildings. Now hopefully we can fully explore them and it won't be like Apartments or Night Clubs in that we can only see *our rooms* and every where else will be darkened out. At least with THE SIMS 2 UNIVERSITY you could explore the entire dorm building. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that a lot of the buildings will be 'rabbit holes' so the least they can do is not screw us on dorm buildings! :?

Why would they redo them? Your own expectations or 'It was that way in TS2' are not valid reasons.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

school_zps40db1f06.jpg

Why would they redo them? Your own expectations or 'It was that way in TS2' are not valid reasons.

They probably won't, I'm just being hopeful. Maxis is supposedly involved with the game again so maybe they'll help and make it awesome. Please don't rain on my parade.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

school_zps40db1f06.jpg

They probably won't, I'm just being hopeful. Maxis is supposedly involved with the game again so maybe they'll help and make it awesome. Please don't rain on my parade.

Maxis were never uninvolved. The same ppl who were making TS3 now were making it before. They're just reputting the label back on it, since so many ppl want Maxis back.

If I've said anything wrong then by all means hit report. Until such a time as I do, I'm free to post what I want within the rules.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

school_zps40db1f06.jpg

Maxis were never uninvolved. The same ppl who were making TS3 now were making it before. They're just reputting the label back on it, since so many ppl want Maxis back.

If I've said anything wrong then by all means hit report. Until such a time as I do, I'm free to post what I want within the rules.

I suppose that's true. You absolutely have the right to come to my thread and be a negative Nelly. Congratulations! :roll:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:

Yeah I'm sure they will be open buildings, and with LN you can see into the whole night club as long as they aren't placed in those stupid shells. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to make your own dorms from scratch if you like, so I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to see inside the whole dorm. I do hope that it works like TS2, in that your sim moves in and after they choose their room a bunch of random NPCs move in as well. Of course that would mean they would have to limit the number of rooms you could see inside of if they did that with a massive building. Or you could have shells with a set amount of rooms per dorm. Something like three floors with four bedrooms on second floor, four on the third floor, and a big game room on the main floor. That would be cool.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

school_zps40db1f06.jpg

I suppose that's true. You absolutely have the right to come to my thread and be a negative Nelly. Congratulations! :roll:

At times I find it better to be sceptical then be pleasantly surprised than hopeful then seriously disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thetford wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:

Here's my 2-cents:

the_sims_campus.jpg

school_zps40db1f06.jpg

At times I find it better to be sceptical then be pleasantly surprised than hopeful then seriously disappointed.

That's true. Good advice, especially since it's EA we're talking about. Thanks, guy.
  • Options
    flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited December 2012
    Do you think that careers will be updated with this EP? Certain ones require degrees like medicine, law enforcement, education, journalism, etc. If so, that would be awesome.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Do you think that careers will be updated with this EP? Certain ones require degrees like medicine, law enforcement, education, journalism, etc. If so, that would be awesome.

I hope (oops there's that word) that not only do that update the careers, but also have graduate degrees. If they want to immerse us in a "university" realm, they should realize that for most careers a BA is not enough. But again, that's just me "wishing too hard". :-o
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:

I hope (oops there's that word) that not only do that update the careers, but also have graduate degrees. If they want to immerse us in a "university" realm, they should realize that for most careers a BA is not enough. But again, that's just me "wishing too hard". :-o

What I didn't like about TS2 was that if you wanted to be a doctor, architect or lawyer, you could waltz right in, whereas acting, art and paranormal careers required degrees.
  • Options
    flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thetford wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What I didn't like about TS2 was that if you wanted to be a doctor, architect or lawyer, you could waltz right in, whereas acting, art and paranormal careers required degrees.

Yeah...that's a bit strange. I think that degrees should be required for the professional careers in TS3 that I've already mentioned. No degree, no job as far as I'm concerned for those.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • Options
    BoingoFail10BoingoFail10 Posts: 286 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I just hope that the university building isn't a rabbithole...
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    I'm really excited about this! 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I can't wait for this to come out! If there are RA's that would be awesome! I need more info! These pics are not enough! They need to hurry up and announce it already! LOL! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Agreed. Although I'm going to be disappointed if we find out that all we get to do is run around the quad and every building on campus (sans dorms) will be 'rabbit holes.' Part of me thinks that's what they will do simply because it's easier to design and will be easier to play for people with lower end computers. I mean those buildings look absolutely awesome, but so didn't some of the buildings that came w/ the base game. I'm calling it now: *academic buildings* are 'rabbit holes.' Which just means they need to compensate and give us really *awesome* dorms; libraries; greek houses; student unions; gyms; and anywhere else considered 'open' space.

Thanks, EA

:mrgreen:

I bet you're right. This would be the perfect time to give us our long awaited open restaurants! That surely give us the game play we have been missing!

Sorry I didn't answer, I bought Sunlite Tides and I've been lost in the game again, lol. Boy is that pretty.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:
    Leaborb192, I think you are right about the rabbit holes. 'Hide the ugly dorms behind that clump of trees!' :D

Isn't that what they do at real universities, lol, here the city's university is near the centre of the city, while the student halls/dorms are all the way over in a suburban village, the bus companies have routes specifically for it.

Where do you go to school? At my school,a small lib arts university, everything is all clumped together. Except the gym. Everything is a quick 5 minute walk, EXCEPT the gym, which is all the way out there--easily a 15/20 minute walk-- it's quite annoying when you only have 5 minutes to get to PE. BOO! But everything else is pretty much adjacent to each other. GO SUNY POTSDAM, GO! :lol:

It's going to depend on the size of your college/university. The university I attended is quite large. It includes agricultural, veterinarian and medical classes in addition to your gym/sports activities, normal liberal arts and core classes. Then you have the museum, dorms and fraternity/sorority row. There is also student housing for married students that would most definitely need to take the bus or buy a parking pass.
    This covers several miles.
    It can be quite a trek and you need to be careful when scheduling. It's a real pain depending on your major and also if you have chosen a minor. :wink:

I was looking into SUNY Buffalo and Stony Brook for graduate school, but then saw the campuses and was like, "UGH-- gross!" So I just decided to return to my alma mater. I already made a reputation there that I can go back to. It's quite comforting and I know it's a good school for education so I'll have no problems trying to find a job. Assuming I pass all my classes, student teaching, and the NYS certification exams. Potsdam is a pretty good 'undiscovered' gem of the North Country. :D

Hey! I got my graduate degree at SUNY Buffalo! But the department I was involved in was in the outskirts of an adjoining town. Rarely did I have to go into Buffalo proper. Such a small world :lol:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    windweaver wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Thetford wrote:
    Leaborb192, I think you are right about the rabbit holes. 'Hide the ugly dorms behind that clump of trees!' :D

Isn't that what they do at real universities, lol, here the city's university is near the centre of the city, while the student halls/dorms are all the way over in a suburban village, the bus companies have routes specifically for it.

Where do you go to school? At my school,a small lib arts university, everything is all clumped together. Except the gym. Everything is a quick 5 minute walk, EXCEPT the gym, which is all the way out there--easily a 15/20 minute walk-- it's quite annoying when you only have 5 minutes to get to PE. BOO! But everything else is pretty much adjacent to each other. GO SUNY POTSDAM, GO! :lol:

It's going to depend on the size of your college/university. The university I attended is quite large. It includes agricultural, veterinarian and medical classes in addition to your gym/sports activities, normal liberal arts and core classes. Then you have the museum, dorms and fraternity/sorority row. There is also student housing for married students that would most definitely need to take the bus or buy a parking pass.
    This covers several miles.
    It can be quite a trek and you need to be careful when scheduling. It's a real pain depending on your major and also if you have chosen a minor. :wink:

I was looking into SUNY Buffalo and Stony Brook for graduate school, but then saw the campuses and was like, "UGH-- gross!" So I just decided to return to my alma mater. I already made a reputation there that I can go back to. It's quite comforting and I know it's a good school for education so I'll have no problems trying to find a job. Assuming I pass all my classes, student teaching, and the NYS certification exams. Potsdam is a pretty good 'undiscovered' gem of the North Country. :D

Hey! I got my graduate degree at SUNY Buffalo! But the department I was involved in was in the outskirts of an adjoining town. Rarely did I have to go into Buffalo proper. Such a small world :lol:

I just don't like how big the campuses are. Albany was another option, but again: too big. I'm a small town guy and like my campuses small and intimate. :D
  • Options
    BlairleeBlairlee Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    They released it in amazon canada! Go here: amazon.ca/Sims-Plus-University­-Life/dp/B00A39IEME/ref=sr_1_2­?ie=UTF8&qid=1356284443&sr=8-2
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Blairlee wrote:
    They released it in amazon canada! Go here: amazon.ca/Sims-Plus-University­-Life/dp/B00A39IEME/ref=sr_1_2­?ie=UTF8&qid=1356284443&sr=8-2

Eek! I just saw that and it's available for preorder. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Blairlee wrote:

I saw this a while back. It was available on Amazon Espana; then Amazon Canada; and origin on a bunch of different countries' websites. Figures the USA would be the *last* to get it. lol
  • Options
    ikate33ikate33 Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    No one said there was snow. They said How cool it would look in snow...
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited December 2012
    it is so sad that EA has been leaking this expansion pack for 5 months, and they they rope their fans along rudely by keeping silent about it.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited December 2012
    CMWarren wrote:
    it is so sad that EA has been leaking this expansion pack for 5 months, and they they rope their fans along rudely by keeping silent about it.
    We deserve it :P

Before Seasons was released we all screamed "GIVE US SEASONNSSSSS", then as soon as Seasons dropped, many fans went into "UNIVERSITY NEEEEXXT" mode :lol:

I bet it annoyed them. Now we suffer :evil: