Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Life-- FIRST PICTURES?--

Apparently the pictures can't really be authenticated, but here are some (potential) preview pictures of The Sims 3 University Life. They look real, so it's just a matter of time before we find out what's up.

http://sims-soul.blogspot.com/2012/12/caratula-e-imagenes-de-los-sims-3.html

Comments

• Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2012
    *gasps* That is... SO AMAZING! The world and the building are absolutely STUNNING! PEPS OVERLOAD!!

Also, judging by the fact that such a large chunk of the world is taken by university buildings, and there are such a huge number of student sims, WE'RE LIKELY TO GET A SUBHOOD! :D

(After all, you couldn't fit that all into Sunset Valley)
  • Options
    Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Zerbu wrote:
    *gasps* That is... SO AMAZING! The world and the building are absolutely STUNNING! PEPS OVERLOAD!!

Also, judging by the fact that such a large chunk of the world is taken by university buildings, and there are such a huge number of student sims, WE'RE LIKELY TO GET A SUBHOOD! :D

(After all, you couldn't fit that all into Sunset Valley)

RIGHT? This is *exactly* what I saw when I pictured THE SIMS 3 University in my head-- a large open campus-- in which the sims just run around and hang out; it really feels like an old school college campus. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yep! I also like how it's a separate part of the game, so when you get bored, you can switch between university and normal gameplay. :D Well I suppose you could do that with World Adventures, but the problem with that is that it wasn't really sims-like.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited December 2012
    No words can describe my feeling rights now :mrgreen: Forgive me :lol:

I just love love love love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I can sense the Seasons PEPS hype starting all over again, only this time with University. :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Zerbu wrote:
    I can sense the Seasons PEPS hype starting all over again, only this time with University. :D:D:D

I really can't wait to set up my desk top and re-install THE SIMS 3 now. I'm really going to nerd out from March 2013- *forever*!

If these pictures, are in fact, "true' representations of the game! They can't be confirmed/authenticated, but they look pretty **** good. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

I really can't wait to set up my desk top and re-install THE SIMS 3 now. I'm really going to nerd out from March 2013- *forever*!

If these pictures, are in fact, "true' representations of the game! They can't be confirmed/authenticated, but they look pretty **** good. :D
    I'm considering getting a brand new computer, so I can play the game free from the annoying freezing every two seconds, and enjoy it at its fullest! :D
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am already having Peps.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am already having Peps.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited December 2012
    Super excited the pictures look great.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    edited December 2012

PARTIES! BEER PONG! Maybe they'll have a version of "facebook" for the sims to upload pics to. It seems as if the game was made to mirror the *real* college experience. So I'm thinking there might be annoying RAs/cool RAs/ etc running around in the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:

PARTIES! BEER PONG! Maybe they'll have a version of "facebook" for the sims to upload pics to. It seems as if the game was made to mirror the *real* college experience. So I'm thinking there might be annoying RAs/cool RAs/ etc running around in the game.
    That would be amazing! I'm hoping for maybe something like the cameras in WA where you can take your own pictures. What would be even better is a YouTube... but that's probably asking for too much, lol!
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2012
    Leaborb192 wrote:

Didn't Generations already add something like that?
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What are RA's?
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

Yep theres video cameras in generations :)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What are RA's?

Residential Advisors?

I only know this from the film Son in Law with Pauly Shore!

Steven Tyler PJs!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What are RA's?

Resident Assistants: Usually they are upper classmen--juniors/seniors-- who act as mentors/counselors/authority figures for college students who live on-campus housing. They organize events on the floor; act as 'parental figures' if the kid gets home sick/sad/etc and needs someone to talk to. They basically serve all those needs while also being students themselves. There are super cool RAS who just don't care about rules (quiet hours) and then there are total STICKLERS who will write you up for any little thing they can. For example: at my school, we were allowed to lock ourselves out of the room 3x and any more than that we'd get a referral to the RD. They were basically principal and vice-principal of the dorms. I can picture 'cool" RA/SIM version-- a hippie kind of-- and then a *stickler* RA/SIM who takes the rules seriously and comes around wagging his/her finger at your sim for being loud in the hallway. lol
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What are RA's?

I don't know, I was responding to the Facebook part. I'm pretty sure Generations had something like that... Or it might have been YouTube. I don't remember and I never got the EP.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What are RA's?

I don't know, I was responding to the Facebook part. I'm pretty sure Generations had something like that... Or it might have been YouTube. I don't remember and I never got the EP.

It was only on youtube that sims could "post" on a Simbook
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's just too bad there isn't online game capability. We could all make our SIMS and party it up together on campus. (sigh) :(

Although, it does look as if a lot of those buildings will be 'rabbit holes.'
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    OOoOOoOOooo~! Looks pretty official to me--no way those are fakes!
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2012
    Are those real vending machines! Is that ping pong! Where's my peps paper hyperventilation bag. Was that laptop on the ground! I want it now. I am sending EA a blank check and a bag of candy.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Are those real vending machines! Is that ping pong! Where's my peps paper hyperventilation bag. Was that laptop on the ground! I want it now. I am sending EA a blank check and a bag of candy.

In one of the pics it looks like "move in" activities and you can see a GNOME MASCOT? LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    Leaborb192 wrote:

What are RA's?

Are you talking about something like my post about how it would be good if there was a virtual YouTube? Yeah I'm aware of the video cameras in Generations, and that's where I got the idea from. It would be cool if you could "upload" videos and other sims could watch them from their computers. :P That's just my imagination though, lol! They probably wouldn't add something like that.
  • Options
    LdyalbLdyalb Posts: 379 New Member
    edited December 2012
    OMG they really do look like the real deal!

I loved Uni for TS2 (I've even started re-installing my old TS2 games for a nostalgia trip and so I might finally be able to get Bon Voyage and Apartment Life) and I've been really looking forward to getting Uni for TS3.

I'll have to start a new game with the Bachelor family so I can send Michael and Bella off to Uni, and Mortimer. I'm really looking forward to it! :mrgreen: