Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm going to be angry with EA if they blow off magic theme EP for weather

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    how DARE YOU CALL me ignorant. I am not and yes I DID read those links but it didn't say a single thing about whether or not diabetes could or couldn't eat TAKE-OUT pizza.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-nutrition/MY00632

Found by typing two words at the same time into google. Those two words: diabetes and pizza. They can but it depends on the type of pizza.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    To7m wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

I think you need to be very careful Fordee09 about calling the new stuff pack "a diabetic pack" since do you know anything about diabetes? A lot of diabetes can't eat sweets. So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc. And there are different types of diabetic.

What the heck do *you* know about it, Madame Lee? Do *you* have diabetes? Where do *you* get off telling *me* I can't have pizza? I *am* diabetic; I have type 2 diabetes, and I take offense at your statement that a diabetic can't eat pizza or that they require "special food"...for your information, that so-called "hamburger" that you propose that the person ordering out the pizza make for the diabetic contains a *lot* of carbohydrates in the form of the bread, so next you're going to be saying that diabetics can't eat bread. Also, I fail to see the correlation between eating sweets and eating a *pizza*. I take great offense to your post, because, as usual, *you don't know what you're talking about*!!!

For your information, diabetics can eat *anything* that other people can eat; they just have to do it in moderation; that *includes* sweets such as candy and cake. It's the carobhydrates that do us in, *because carbohydrates contain sugars* But both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are ocntrolled by medication; in the case of Type 1 it's insulin shots; in the case of Type 2, it's pills, and *sometimes* insulin shots are added in small dosages. Diabetes is controllable through diet and exercise; in the case of Type 2, a weight loss usually makes the diabetes go away, but the potential for its return is always there.

My son-in-law orders Papa John's pizza frequently. I am not going to lie....I get in line to get my slice, or slices, but I much prefer buffalo wings. My son-in-law had a birthday recently; I got in line to get my slice of cake; but my slice was smaller than everyone else's. I have even been know to *gasp*...wait for it...wait for it...drink a COKE, on occasion! And I'm still here, alive and kicking. I take my meds, I exercise, and I watch what I eat.

As for Fordee09's referring to the Katy Perry Sweet Treats as the "diabetic expansion pack", I agree that's the appropriate title for that SP. If I remember correctly, I made the remark in the KP section that I would have to pass on this SP because the temptation to eat sweets was too strong, and if I got it, I'd probably be in a diabetic coma within a week because of all the sugary stuffs being presented in that stuff pack. So, I'm with Fordee09's mom on this one.

And sorry for the rant, folks, but ignorance like MadameLee's just chaps my hide. Not being able to eat pizza, indeed!

Excellently said Jarsie!

My cousin has been a type 2 diabetic since she was 13 (she's 28 now) and I would like to see anybody try and stop her from eating a slice of pizza!!

ughh i'm on my last week of my diet and you guys are all making me want to order a pizza :mrgreen:

LOL!! I was just sitting here thinking 'I could just eat a pizza right now' shall we all chip in??

ill get back to ya in a week whden my diets over then PIZZA FOR EVERYONE !!!! :wink:
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    how DARE YOU CALL me ignorant. I am not and yes I DID read those links but it didn't say a single thing about whether or not diabetes could or couldn't eat TAKE-OUT pizza.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-nutrition/MY00632

Found by typing two words at the same time into google. Those two words: diabetes and pizza. They can but it depends on the type of pizza.

thank you arletta. I find that site already and it was too complicated for me. I'm sorry I made a mistake. I didn't intentionally mean to spread misinformation.

Op sorry for hijacking the thread.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/467009-can-a-diabetic-eat-take-out-pizza/

Here is what you actually said, and what I actually called you on:

"So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc."

So that's why I called you ignorant, because that sentence alone was ignorant; and you based it on one of the characters of the Babysitter's Club series which is 26 years old.

Furthermore, if you read the link you just posted, you will see that your contention that diabetics can't eat take out pizza is incorrect. They can, in fact, eat it. They just can't eat too much of it, but a crust of thin-sliced pizza accompanied by a large salad and a glass of unsweeteened iced tea or water is perfectly acceptable.

Now I would like this to be the end of *this* particular rabbit trail, because the misinformation has been corrected, and we can now get back to the topic at hand...which is magic vs. Seasons.

And I don't particularly care one way or the other which comes first...whether I buy either of those expansion packs depends on a) whether or not I can afford them and b) whether what's in them piques my interest.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited April 2012
    I respect Jarsie >.> even though I've been a brat to her before.

But the focus of the thread was OP's feelings on magic coming before weather which then we would respond to with our own thoughts. There was no need to pick apart diabetes to start with.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarise9 I said I was wrong TWICE do I need to say that 5 million more times? sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry............................
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    To7m wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

I think you need to be very careful Fordee09 about calling the new stuff pack "a diabetic pack" since do you know anything about diabetes? A lot of diabetes can't eat sweets. So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc. And there are different types of diabetic.

What the heck do *you* know about it, Madame Lee? Do *you* have diabetes? Where do *you* get off telling *me* I can't have pizza? I *am* diabetic; I have type 2 diabetes, and I take offense at your statement that a diabetic can't eat pizza or that they require "special food"...for your information, that so-called "hamburger" that you propose that the person ordering out the pizza make for the diabetic contains a *lot* of carbohydrates in the form of the bread, so next you're going to be saying that diabetics can't eat bread. Also, I fail to see the correlation between eating sweets and eating a *pizza*. I take great offense to your post, because, as usual, *you don't know what you're talking about*!!!

For your information, diabetics can eat *anything* that other people can eat; they just have to do it in moderation; that *includes* sweets such as candy and cake. It's the carobhydrates that do us in, *because carbohydrates contain sugars* But both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are ocntrolled by medication; in the case of Type 1 it's insulin shots; in the case of Type 2, it's pills, and *sometimes* insulin shots are added in small dosages. Diabetes is controllable through diet and exercise; in the case of Type 2, a weight loss usually makes the diabetes go away, but the potential for its return is always there.

My son-in-law orders Papa John's pizza frequently. I am not going to lie....I get in line to get my slice, or slices, but I much prefer buffalo wings. My son-in-law had a birthday recently; I got in line to get my slice of cake; but my slice was smaller than everyone else's. I have even been know to *gasp*...wait for it...wait for it...drink a COKE, on occasion! And I'm still here, alive and kicking. I take my meds, I exercise, and I watch what I eat.

As for Fordee09's referring to the Katy Perry Sweet Treats as the "diabetic expansion pack", I agree that's the appropriate title for that SP. If I remember correctly, I made the remark in the KP section that I would have to pass on this SP because the temptation to eat sweets was too strong, and if I got it, I'd probably be in a diabetic coma within a week because of all the sugary stuffs being presented in that stuff pack. So, I'm with Fordee09's mom on this one.

And sorry for the rant, folks, but ignorance like MadameLee's just chaps my hide. Not being able to eat pizza, indeed!

Excellently said Jarsie!

My cousin has been a type 2 diabetic since she was 13 (she's 28 now) and I would like to see anybody try and stop her from eating a slice of pizza!!

ughh i'm on my last week of my diet and you guys are all making me want to order a pizza :mrgreen:

LOL!! I was just sitting here thinking 'I could just eat a pizza right now' shall we all chip in??

ill get back to ya in a week whden my diets over then PIZZA FOR EVERYONE !!!! :wink:

Sweet!

I'ma hold you to that :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    I respect Jarsie >.> even though I've been a brat to her before.

But the focus of the thread was OP's feelings on magic coming before weather which then we would respond to with our own thoughts. There was no need to pick apart diabetes to start with.

I understand where you're coming from. But I couldn't let the misinformation slide. Sorry for getting carried away. And Madame Lee, I accept your apology; again sorry for the rant.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just don't understand one thing. I don't have diabetes myself, but once when I was 10 I went into diabetic comma when I was at Brownie camp. (I didn't wake up until the hospital) TMI. I still remember it because I still have one bracelet left on my right arm from back then.

back on topic. I did play a bit of the oringal sims on an old laptop but its long gone but I still have the sims game. I don't have much of Sims 2 only: Sims 2 Double Deluxe and sims 2 University.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    I just don't understand one thing. I don't have diabetes myself, but once when I was 10 I went into diabetic comma when I was at Brownie camp. (I didn't wake up until the hospital) TMI. I still remember it because I still have one bracelet left on my right arm from back then.

Is that even possible?

Don't get me wrong, my cousin is type 1 diabetic, but that doesn't make me an expert (she is only my cousin after all) but I don't think sombody who isn't diabetic can fall into a diabetic coma unless they are actually becoming diabetic themselves.

But, I could be wrong...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

back on topic. I did play a bit of the oringal sims on an old laptop but its long gone but I still have the sims game. I don't have much of Sims 2 only: Sims 2 Double Deluxe and sims 2 University.

For some reason, I'm not seeing all your message when I reply, so I have to quote you to see at all. I can't answer for your experience, and I really don't want to get into that discussion. Let me just say that I went back and read my first response to you and it really *was* out of porportion to what you actually said, so for that I am deeply ashamed for jumping down your throat the way I did, when I could have made my point in a much calmer way. Again, forgive me.

And if you had a choice, which would you rather have, magic or Seasons? At this point, I don't really care that much, myself.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

Is that even possible?

Don't get me wrong, my cousin is type 1 diabetic, but that doesn't make me an expert (she is only my cousin after all) but I don't think sombody who isn't diabetic can fall into a diabetic coma unless they are actually becoming diabetic themselves.

But, I could be wrong...

i didnt even know there was such a thing
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

Is that even possible?

But, I could be wrong...

i didnt even know there was such a thing

Yeh, I think it's kind of like a severe hypo. I didn't think normal people could get them though. *shrugs*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

For some reason, I'm not seeing all your message when I reply, so I have to quote you to see at all. I can't answer for your experience, and I really don't want to get into that discussion. Let me just say that I went back and read my first response to you and it really *was* out of porportion to what you actually said, so for that I am deeply ashamed for jumping down your throat the way I did, when I could have made my point in a much calmer way. Again, forgive me.

And if you had a choice, which would you rather have, magic or Seasons? At this point, I don't really care that much, myself.

thank you for you're apology jarise. I never played Seasons, but I think the slide I saw from a picture of it looked very cool (I would love to go down a slide like that but mom has never let me be in a deep end of a in-ground pool). I think I'm 50/50 on both. I'm both realistic and like supernatural stuff too. (not that I can play sims 3 at the moment haven't been able to since Feb at least) I use it to escape reality by letting my sim-self have a BF/husband.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Torres826Torres826 Posts: 261 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Susiechan wrote:
    If I have to be honest, I will choose magic over season any day :lol: . It does not mean I don't want season, I want it too but it's not as much as I want magic :wink:

If season is coming first before magic, I will be disappointed, but I won't be throwing tantrum because of it.

But I can see there is going to be a "WAR" ahead :mrgreen:

If magic EP comes first, Season lovers will get mad. If season ep comes first, magic lover will get mad. If both magic and season come in the same EP, STILL there are people who are going to get mad..my..my..my :mrgreen:

But you know the one thing I've noticed? The people who want magic seem to get upset and the people who want seasons get downright hostile.
    Nah, I'd say it's a bit of both from each side. And then you've got the people that would like both and they're just sitting back and laughing at all the petty arguments over it :lol:
    LOL I agree! I'm the one you described! :D
  • Options
    Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited April 2012
    But you know the one thing I've noticed? The people who want magic seem to get upset and the people who want seasons get downright hostile.

Really? Wow..I have seen just the opposite, not only on this forum but on others. Magic folks seem to their their time has come and they get ANGRY, as the title of this thread suggests, when they feel they might not get what they want.

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited April 2012
    Torres826 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Susiechan wrote:
    If I have to be honest, I will choose magic over season any day :lol: . It does not mean I don't want season, I want it too but it's not as much as I want magic :wink:

If season is coming first before magic, I will be disappointed, but I won't be throwing tantrum because of it.

But I can see there is going to be a "WAR" ahead :mrgreen:

If magic EP comes first, Season lovers will get mad. If season ep comes first, magic lover will get mad. If both magic and season come in the same EP, STILL there are people who are going to get mad..my..my..my :mrgreen:

Nah, I'd say it's a bit of both from each side. And then you've got the people that would like both and they're just sitting back and laughing at all the petty arguments over it :lol:
    LOL I agree! I'm the one you described! :D
    Yeah, me too. I really don't care what order they come in, I'd just like to get them.
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2012
    Shame on you Katy Perry ;P see what did to my thread! *rofl*
  • Options
    edited April 2012

your thread was not great (dont want to get banned) anyways i certainly wasnt impressed with your attitude at all
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited April 2012
    Truthfully I want season over magic. But I can wait. I see seasons as the last expansion I will ever get in fact I haven't bought an expansion pack since generations because iv'e been waiting for seasons. I like my game to be more realistic than anything else. But to me the order doesn't matter as long as everyone gets what they want.
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2012

your thread was not great (dont want to get banned) anyways i certainly wasnt impressed with your attitude at all

Cry me a river! Did i ONCE back lash any of you on your comments. NOOO...
    If you don't like my topic. Don't post in it! Plain and simple ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Cry me a river! Did i ONCE back lash any of you on your comments. NOOO...
    If you don't like my topic. Don't post in it! Plain and simple ;)

nahh just adding my two cents i'm sure you saw my statment and if not then your the only op i know who doesnt read what people say seems like your the one crying a river since you cant get your way :mrgreen:
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited April 2012
    OMG.... Why... just why? We will know what the next EP is when EA announces it. Plain and simple. OP, if you didn't want people to disagree or contradict you, you should have thought twice before making a thread. Personally, I will laugh when it is neither Magic nor Seasons.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited April 2012

Wow...the OP wasn't rude at all. You just don't like his thread because you want Seasons and you probably think it's awesome that the people who want Magic may not be getting their EP like they thought. If the evidence went the other way and it looked like they were going to do a Magic EP after evidence of weather-related stuff had already been leaked, you'd probably be making all kinds of ranty, angry threads and starting pointless petitions.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Wow...the OP wasn't rude at all. You just don't like his thread because you want Seasons and you probably think it's awesome that the people who want Magic may not be getting their EP like they thought. If the evidence went the other way and it looked like they were going to do a Magic EP after evidence of weather-related stuff had already been leaked, you'd probably be making all kinds of ranty, angry threads and starting pointless petitions.

hahahaa you really wanna start a fight with me without reading my statement ? bless your heart hunny buh bye