Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm going to be angry with EA if they blow off magic theme EP for weather

Comments

• Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited April 2012
    But you know the one thing I've noticed? The people who want magic seem to get upset and the people who want seasons get downright hostile.

That's because season has thunder and lightning. It's in the nature :wink: .The worse magic can do is turning someone into a frog :P
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2012
    Personally I would prefer magic because I think it would balance out all the realism that's been created for the game.....but I don't really care what's next.

I just don't want it to be boring!!! There has been too much of that lately.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    At the end of the day, we're gonna have to take what EA give us, and if we don't like it - well other than complaining or not buying the games, there's not a whole lot we can do, EA are gonna do what they think makes them the most money.

Totally agreed.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So just wait and see until EA announce the next EP. No need to heat up or angry over a speculation or rumor. Save your energy for later :wink:
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited April 2012
    If this reaction is due to that survey, I wouldn't worry. When they start polling people on stuff like that, it's for something they've either just begun to work on, or it's something they are CONSIDERING.

With all the Magic-related coding that was leaked before, I'd say it's more likely that they are already half done with a Magic EP. Magic will come around Halloween because it fits that time of year, as where Seasons could come next spring because it just feels like the appropriate time of year for it.

Of course there is still a chance that they two could be combined, but I hope they don't do that, as it will mean important features from both ends being left out.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    If this reaction is due to that survey, I wouldn't worry. When they start polling people on stuff like that, it's for something they've either just begun to work on, or it's something they are CONSIDERING.

With all the Magic-related coding that was leaked before, I'd say it's more likely that they are already half done with a Magic EP. Magic will come around Halloween because it fits that time of year, as where Seasons could come next spring because it just feels like the appropriate time of year for it.

Of course there is still a chance that they two could be combined, but I hope they don't do that, as it will mean important features from both ends being left out.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited April 2012
    Doesn't matter which comes first we're going to get 100+ threads complaining about how awful one of them is anyways.

EA you suck it's raining in my house! And it storms every day so I can't go outside! I hate weather!
    EA this is the worst EP the fairies break everything and the werewolves keep getting onto my lot!
    Waaah it's not exactly how we wanted I hate this EP! Sims 2 Magic/Seasons was so much better!

And all the fun things like that o:
  • Options
    BlackVenusFlytrapBlackVenusFlytrap Posts: 667
    edited April 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    Doesn't matter which comes first we're going to get 100+ threads complaining about how awful one of them is anyways.

EA you suck it's raining in my house! And it storms every day so I can't go outside! I hate weather!
    EA this is the worst EP the fairies break everything and the werewolves keep getting onto my lot!
    Waaah it's not exactly how we wanted I hate this EP! Sims 2 Magic/Seasons was so much better!

Judging from the glitches we have so far, I guess this is likely to happen.

It seems to be that EA did planning very poorly, cause most EPs end up screwing the gameplay in some ways...

Late Night - Vampire and Celebrities Plague

Generations - Memories

Pets - Wild Animals

Showtimes - Simport
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited April 2012
    SIMplified wrote:

It seems to be that EA did planning very poorly, cause most EPs end up screwing the gameplay in some ways...

Generations - Memories

Pets - Wild Animals

Showtimes - Simport

What's wrong with SimPort?
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Susiechan wrote:
    If I have to be honest, I will choose magic over season any day :lol: . It does not mean I don't want season, I want it too but it's not as much as I want magic :wink:

If season is coming first before magic, I will be disappointed, but I won't be throwing tantrum because of it.

But I can see there is going to be a "WAR" ahead :mrgreen:

If magic EP comes first, Season lovers will get mad. If season ep comes first, magic lover will get mad. If both magic and season come in the same EP, STILL there are people who are going to get mad..my..my..my :mrgreen:

But you know the one thing I've noticed? The people who want magic seem to get upset and the people who want seasons get downright hostile.
    Nah, I'd say it's a bit of both from each side. And then you've got the people that would like both and they're just sitting back and laughing at all the petty arguments over it :lol:

Exactly!

Although I would take magic over weather, I will buy a seasons EP if they make one. I just hope they don't rush things to keep everybody happy, I'd rather wait another year than get a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EP.
    Personally, I'd prefer weather, but I'd be happy with either.

And I agree about waiting longer for a better EP.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm not concerned about when we get things than I am that we get them at all. First or second, doesn't matter to me. Fans of magic and seasons should both be happy to see some evidence.

Fans of University or fans of a true OFB...it looks very darn bleak. :P :(
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:

Generations - Memories

Pets - Wild Animals

Showtimes - Simport

What's wrong with SimPort?

the real question is what isnt wrong with simport you should hang in the ST forums for a little bit all i see is "help simports not working" threads
  • Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited April 2012
    i'm a seasons lover but even if somone had posted this about seasons over magic i still would've been disgusted. you dont think season fans havent been waiting for weather i have been wating for it since 2009. atleast magic fans have items from the store we have NOTHING. Im not aiming this at anyone specifically but people need to relize that they arent the only people on God's green earth who play the sims and other fans like the supernautral side or like magic or like seasons and need to relize that they arent gonna get every single they want out of these eps everyone has different likes and ea will do their best to try to make everyone happy but sometiems they just cant.

you come on here and the impression you give off makes you sound really selfish and rude and demanding saying weather can wait just b.c YOU dont want it. and a few angry fans ? i'd say a few MILLION fans would be angry

Amen Christine! If I could hug you, I would.
  • Options
    kinusia2000kinusia2000 Posts: 1,924 New Member
    edited April 2012
    EA will make what they make. You can't make them choose making this expansion over the other. They probably will make Seasons and Magic, but at different times. Personally, I just want an expansion that expands and works. Both Seasons and Magic are up my street. Nobody will be entirely pleased, even if the next expansion is what they like. There might be some terrible glitches in it, and some annoying additions. But overall arguing about who should get what expansion first will have no impact.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2012
    atleast magic fans have items from the store we have NOTHING.

I'm sorry but this argument just doesn't cut it. For the players who have been waiting for magic.....a real magic EP...this would be like putting a few raincoats, boots and umbrellas in the store and telling the people who want seasons they should be happy with that.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'd understand your frustration at this point, but honestly I do think that Seasons/Weather is a feature that shouldn't wait to begin with. It's a 'natural' feature. By that I do not mean 'superior', I just mean that it's something like the aging and day/night cycle. It should just be there. To not have it and have to wait over three years is really annoying.

Supernatural/magic is an entirely different type of feature - the kind actually fit for an Expansion Pack. So it's the feature that can wait.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    Wow, if you can say that the people who want seasons can't wait a little longer then so can the people who want magic. I am one of the people who have been waiting for weather since the base game however if Magic is released first it's no biggie. We will get it sooner or later.

Sorry I giggled at this :mrgreen:
    You say people who want Seasons have been waiting since the Base Game? Well people who want magic, me included have been waiting since the Sims 2 base game!
    Anyways if weather is next I would buy it...if it had some things that I wanted in it...but if A Seasons ep and a Magic ep were side by side and I could only pick one, id pick Magic.
    Im a fan of unrealistic things in the Sims (except for Katy Perry's diabetic pack) so I would love magic...but id be alright with Seasons if it came out first.
    I'd understand your frustration at this point, but honestly I do think that Seasons/Weather is a feature that shouldn't wait to begin with. It's a 'natural' feature. By that I do not mean 'superior', I just mean that it's something like the aging and day/night cycle. It should just be there. To not have it and have to wait over three years is really annoying.

Supernatural/magic is an entirely different type of feature - the kind actually fit for an Expansion Pack. So it's the feature that can wait.

Oh please, are Vampires a natural thing? what about imaginary friends that can become real and marry you're child? In the Sims, magic is just as natural as Seasons.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:

Oh please, are Vampires a natural thing? what about imaginary friends that can become real and marry you're child? In the Sims, magic is just as natural as Seasons.

You should reread my post, I explained what I meant by 'natural'.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012

Here's what i know magic fans have waited 2 game series to get something like magic. Seasons fans are just having to wait 8 expansion and a base game to get seasons. I don't think they're being selfish at all. If it had been seasons planned to be release at 7 and then blown off to be 8 we'd see over 1000 threads complaining about it. We saw hundreds of threads upset that 7 was magic not seasons in the first place. I've only seen this one thread upset if magic wasn't released.

Honestly both sides have been selfish and demanding, seasons fans fill the forums up with just spamming we want seasons. Rather than posting ideas of what they want just big caps demanding seasons. Every single expansion release they're mad because it's not seasons. I don't want to here we don't have anything seasons related. If you say that than you truly haven't play sims 2 or sims 3 for that matter. Seasons was what brought the gardening skills, plants and recipes. We have those in game now, we also have the increased quality of food which came with seasons when you grow your food. So we as fans do have something from seasons. The statement that we don't is over exagerated. It's something the team was kind enough to ut in expansions and base game, not seperately and expensively in the store online.

What both sides need to respect about is they arent' they only people in this forum that play sims just because you want seasons or magic, doesn't mean we can be rude both ways. In honesty for truth seasons fans just need to be patient, they will get the weather, sunburns and everything else. Magic fans don't get disappointed because you saw a survey. They coding for the magic expansion is already in the game they aren't going to uproot that time and schedule to release magic later. Besides I'm wanting more than just weather with seasons, because if that is all we get with that expansion I'm not buying it. I want more than rain, snow and sunburns. I'm wanting to get some open venues like a bakery, I'm wanting to have places to visit and seasonal fun stuff to do. I sure as heck don't want them to rush seasons out. Take your time because if it's laggy as crap and glitchy it's going right back to the store.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:

You should reread my post, I explained what I meant by 'natural'.

Ahh Sorry :(
    I just breezed over the Natural part and assumed you were saying what I thought. My Apoligies barisaxy.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited April 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Wow, if you can say that the people who want seasons can't wait a little longer then so can the people who want magic. I am one of the people who have been waiting for weather since the base game however if Magic is released first it's no biggie. We will get it sooner or later.

Sorry I giggled at this :mrgreen:
    You say people who want Seasons have been waiting since the Base Game? Well people who want magic, me included have been waiting since the Sims 2 base game!
    Anyways if weather is next I would buy it...if it had some things that I wanted in it...but if A Seasons ep and a Magic ep were side by side and I could only pick one, id pick Magic.
    Im a fan of unrealistic things in the Sims (except for Katy Perry's diabetic pack) so I would love magic...but id be alright with Seasons if it came out first.

Yeah. For anyone who has EVER played The Sims: Makin' Magic, well, TS2:AL DOES NOT AT ALL count as a magic EP. And it shouldn't! So technically, we've been waiting for magic every since the end of Sims 1!!!

atleast magic fans have items from the store we have NOTHING.

I'm sorry but this argument just doesn't cut it. For the players who have been waiting for magic.....a real magic EP...this would be like putting a few raincoats, boots and umbrellas in the store and telling the people who want seasons they should be happy with that.

Yes. This is COMPLETELY true! I could say this about the Seasoners right now! I could also say that they have Bridgeport weather, and Lunar Lakes weather, and stargazing, and meteor showers!

Think about what you're saying, guys: Could somebody who wants the opposite EP that you want say the same thing about the EP you want, and still have the same meaning/affect as what you're saying about them?
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2012

Thank You! You have the best reply here.
    Not once did you lose your cool and you knew exactly what i was talking about. Maybe i am selfish, but who here isn't?

Its true! Appartment Life wasn't a real magic EP.. Hello? Its called APPARTMENT LIFE. The Witches/Wizards were just a bonus addy, it wasn't the theme.

We got about 2 more years left of life in the Sims 3 and i've been wanting another real magic ep since Sims 2. So yea! Excuse me for wanting to be equally greedy.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited April 2012
    SumoB wrote:
    Well pardon me, but

I am going to be angry at EA if they blow off weather theme EP for magic :!:
    SO AGREED
    WHO CARES ABOUT MAGIC
    SEASONS>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    Tony89 wrote:
    SumoB wrote:
    Well pardon me, but

I am going to be angry at EA if they blow off weather theme EP for magic :!:
    SO AGREED
    WHO CARES ABOUT MAGIC
    SEASONS>>>>>>>>>>>

A lot of people care about magic.
  • Options
    Emily485Emily485 Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'll be angry at EA if they blow off the weather theme for magic ;)