Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm going to be angry with EA if they blow off magic theme EP for weather

I don't mind weather EP down the road.. but its a EP that can WAIT next in line.

I had to endure serval annoying occult eps down the road. Imaginary Friends, Unicorns... now the rumored Fairys.
But...
We are finally getting back Zombies, Werewolfs and Witches/Wizards in this one EP as well as magic which they were building up to anyway.
Which is awsome and BIG Plus with me. Magic in general is one of the elements i loved in the sims games.
To blow it off, Just because of few angry gamers?

Remember how ****** we were when got Unicorns over Werewolfs. You still stuck with your guns and introduced them anyway. So let them Weather fans wait alittle. Its time for magic

Ps if weather does come. I rather have Plantsims over Aliens anyday.

Comments

• Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I would be happy for Seasons. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited April 2012
    Well pardon me, but

I am going to be angry at EA if they blow off weather theme EP for magic :!:
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'd be disappointed. I really hope the next EP is magic and the one after that is seasons. Everyone would be happy.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited April 2012
    Wow, if you can say that the people who want seasons can't wait a little longer then so can the people who want magic. I am one of the people who have been waiting for weather since the base game however if Magic is released first it's no biggie. We will get it sooner or later.
  • Options
    Maygirl2Maygirl2 Posts: 771 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't care about seasons, I'd want magic over it anyday. Even if they make seasons I probably wouldn't buy it.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't mind weather EP down the road.. but its a EP that can WAIT next in line.

I had to endure serval annoying occult eps down the road. Imaginary Friends, Unicorns... now the rumored Fairys.
    But...
    We are finally getting back Zombies, Werewolfs and Witches/Wizards in this one EP as well as magic which they were building up to anyway.
    Which is awsome and BIG Plus with me. Magic in general is one of the elements i loved in the sims games.

Remember how ****** we were when got Unicorns over Werewolfs. You still stuck with your guns and introduced them anyway. So let them Weather fans wait alittle. Its time for magic

Firstly, Aliens are waaaay cooler than plantsims!

Secondly, apart from the plantsim thing, I agree! We had a weather EP with TS2 that really did the game justice, while AL was a few apartments with a cauldron and a spellbook. If they really are releasing a new Magic thememd EP, it need's to be like Makin' Magic.

And where did you hear they are blowing it off anyway, the next EP hasn't even been announced yet!
  • Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Wow.. Just wow.. Imagine if someone had posted the opposite, wanting Seasons over weather. All Hell would break lose. Anyway, have you read any of the thread speculating about this? Because it doesn't seem like you have. Most of the people think that the next EP is magic due to a leak. Some people believe it is Seasons with the creatures in the leak. The creatures seem to be what you're most concerned about.. So seems like you'll be getting them either way? If speculations are to be believed. Honestly, there is a huge chance it is magic.. But I won't be 100% until EA makes the official announcement... And then I'll get to endure millions of threads like this, people who are seemingly happy because the Sims population who want weather have gotten let down. Yeah, its real mature.
  • Options
    StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited April 2012
    Wow, if you can say that the people who want seasons can't wait a little longer then so can the people who want magic. I am one of the people who have been waiting for weather since the base game however if Magic is released first it's no biggie. We will get it sooner or later.
    Those who want seasons to return have waited for about 4 years,
    those who want magic to return have waited for about 10 years.
    Those who want magic just can't wait any longer. :D

And OP, I feel the same way. But when you think about it, a lot of stuff from ts2 Seasons is already in the game (gardening, fishing etc.), so there's probably more magic-related stuff than weather-related stuff. So I believe that weather will be the "secondary theme", not magic. And as far as I'm concerned, Ea can blow off weather any time they want - it's not so important to me, anyways - but DONT YOU DARE GIVE US WATERED DOWN MAGIC! :D
  • Options
    nikkitinanikkitina Posts: 1,359 New Member
    edited April 2012
    To the OP, I'm sorry but you're in the minority. Just saying. Anyway, what does it matter which comes first? I'm pretty sure both will be integrated into the game at one point, and they do bring out EP's quite frequently. Just think, some games never come out with EP's and SP's, and when they do, they take quite a lot of time to do so.

PS: ALIENS RULE!!!

:D
  • Options
    JennaCook1JennaCook1 Posts: 94
    edited April 2012
    YAY ITS SEASONS :!: Some people were waiting for its.

8th ep will be magic or education
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012
    I wouldn't be to worried about survey's their usually for far later down the road. However, i just find it hilarious that people think it's magic or seasons what if it's both. Omg will heads fly. Again a survey not enough information, but given the infor they found that was leaked for magic potions etc. I'm guessing is the stuff is already developed that is what is actually coming out. ^ ^ don't get too down yet, ea isn't going to uproot the game schedule at all it probably all going accordingly but that's nice.

It probably means ep 7 is magic ep 8 will be seasons.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited April 2012
    Oh well. They can't please everyone.
  • Options
    StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited April 2012
    Conorsim wrote:
    Oh well. They can't please everyone.

No they can't but they'll definitely be pleasing me if magic is next! :D
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:

And where did you hear they are blowing it off anyway, the next EP hasn't even been announced yet!
    This^ ;)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2012
    To be honest if we are getting the seasons stuff from that survey afterwards, I don't care too much if I have to wait for Magic to release first. :)
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited April 2012
    Vasculino, I'm not sure where you're going there, because every other sentence entirely contradicts the previous one, but... I agree with the title and that Weather-ers could wait! Magic has been the last EP for every series - I think they could wait for the end just like we have been!

I mean this if you're saying you want Magc and not seasons, and not being all sarcastic... If that's not what you meant, then I entirely disagree with you!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't know if it's just me but I'd rather have all new expansion packs. If they bring back all the expansion packs they had in previous games, it will probably get boring fairly quickly.

Like in The Pets expansion, we had already covered that ground, so I thought it was barely entertaining. The only thing that kept me playing was the horses and unicorns, which weren't really a big addition compared to how familiar the whole game was compared to The Sims 2 Pets.

Sure, I love having vampires and genies back, but I feel like, as i've said before, it's covered ground. I got bored of it fairly quickly. Now with fairies, they aren't really familiar, not to me anyway, so I feel like the expansion pack would be a good direction.

But everything I've loved about Ambitions, Showtime etc. Is that we didn't really experience it that much, maybe in The Sims 1 but still.

As much as I love the whole magic theme EP and Seasons, and even university. I would rather have an expansion pack that none of us saw coming, so that we wouldn't have those "Aw I played that in The Sims 1/2, it's boring" opinion. It will be new ground, and we get to experience something different.

That's my opinion away. Sorry if I'm being rude or anything. :oops:
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2012

But...

i'm a seasons lover but even if somone had posted this about seasons over magic i still would've been disgusted. you dont think season fans havent been waiting for weather i have been wating for it since 2009. atleast magic fans have items from the store we have NOTHING. Im not aiming this at anyone specifically but people need to relize that they arent the only people on God's green earth who play the sims and other fans like the supernautral side or like magic or like seasons and need to relize that they arent gonna get every single they want out of these eps everyone has different likes and ea will do their best to try to make everyone happy but sometiems they just cant.

you come on here and the impression you give off makes you sound really selfish and rude and demanding saying weather can wait just b.c YOU dont want it. and a few angry fans ? i'd say a few MILLION fans would be angry
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2012
    @JennyDunn

I agree with a lot of the things you said...mainly the word boring. Considering some of the content that has been coming out it seems like that's the one thing we can count on. In my opinion the marketing department at EA is doing a better job than the developers. Marketing goes all out laying on the sizzle and glitz and when you actually play it just doesn't live up to the hype.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited April 2012
    If I have to be honest, I will choose magic over season any day :lol: . It does not mean I don't want season, I want it too but it's not as much as I want magic :wink:

If season is coming first before magic, I will be disappointed, but I won't be throwing tantrum because of it.

But I can see there is going to be a "WAR" ahead :mrgreen:

If magic EP comes first, Season lovers will get mad. If season ep comes first, magic lover will get mad. If both magic and season come in the same EP, STILL there are people who are going to get mad..my..my..my :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    If I have to be honest, I will choose magic over season any day :lol: . It does not mean I don't want season, I want it too but it's not as much as I want magic :wink:

If season is coming first before magic, I will be disappointed, but I won't be throwing tantrum because of it.

If magic EP comes first, Season lovers will get mad. If season ep comes first, magic lover will get mad. If both magic and season come in the same EP, STILL there are people who are going to get mad..my..my..my :mrgreen:

But you know the one thing I've noticed? The people who want magic seem to get upset and the people who want seasons get downright hostile.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Susiechan wrote:

But you know the one thing I've noticed? The people who want magic seem to get upset and the people who want seasons get downright hostile.

Both of your comments couldn't be more true.

Whichever EP comes out first (If they are even going to be EP's) nobody is going to be satisfied. All these Season/Magic threads just make everyone sound ungratfull if you ask me.

At the end of the day, we're gonna have to take what EA give us, and if we don't like it - well other than complaining or not buying the games, there's not a whole lot we can do, EA are gonna do what they think makes them the most money.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited April 2012
    Susiechan wrote:

Nah, I'd say it's a bit of both from each side. And then you've got the people that would like both and they're just sitting back and laughing at all the petty arguments over it :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Susiechan wrote:

Nah, I'd say it's a bit of both from each side. And then you've got the people that would like both and they're just sitting back and laughing at all the petty arguments over it :lol:

Exactly!

Although I would take magic over weather, I will buy a seasons EP if they make one. I just hope they don't rush things to keep everybody happy, I'd rather wait another year than get a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EP.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, definitely! Ultimately we can't force EA to pick either one as the next EP or to do them at all, so no point worrying about it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.