Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm going to be angry with EA if they blow off magic theme EP for weather

Comments

• Options
    Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Sorry this would make you angry. I would prefer a Seasons pack but honestly, it is a game and it won't make me angry if they release Magic. I might not buy it, but I certainly won't lose sleep over it. ;) On the other hand, it would make me VERY HAPPY if the release a Seasons pack next!
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited April 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    I'd understand your frustration at this point, but honestly I do think that Seasons/Weather is a feature that shouldn't wait to begin with. It's a 'natural' feature. By that I do not mean 'superior', I just mean that it's something like the aging and day/night cycle. It should just be there. To not have it and have to wait over three years is really annoying.

Supernatural/magic is an entirely different type of feature - the kind actually fit for an Expansion Pack. So it's the feature that can wait.

I agree with this having weather is a basic element to any game.

Allot of the "basic" things that people complain about should have been in the Base.

It's been a bit of a tease to be able to go to these BEAUTILFUL beaches but not get into them. It kind of like what's the purpose in having a beach at all? I don't mind magic but I think that EA should have just gave us the ability to swim at the beaches from the start.

Hopefully they get the hint and just do this with Sims 4
    EA Cheat Sheet
    -Weather
    -Higher Ed (No Dr. with High School Diplomas!!!)
    -
    They can add the fluff of a Uni ep or a weather ep along the way. Like vacations Greek letter orgs etc.

People would have enjoyed WA if things like "getting hot" in Simila was included.
  • Options
    didiruvalcabadidiruvalcaba Posts: 294
    edited April 2012
    UMKates wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    I'd understand your frustration at this point, but honestly I do think that Seasons/Weather is a feature that shouldn't wait to begin with. It's a 'natural' feature. By that I do not mean 'superior', I just mean that it's something like the aging and day/night cycle. It should just be there. To not have it and have to wait over three years is really annoying.

Supernatural/magic is an entirely different type of feature - the kind actually fit for an Expansion Pack. So it's the feature that can wait.

I agree with this having weather is a basic element to any game.

Allot of the "basic" things that people complain about should have been in the Base.

It's been a bit of a tease to be able to go to these BEAUTILFUL beaches but not get into them. It kind of like what's the purpose in having a beach at all? I don't mind magic but I think that EA should have just gave us the ability to swim at the beaches from the start.

Hopefully they get the hint and just do this with Sims 4
    EA Cheat Sheet
    -Weather
    -Higher Ed (No Dr. with High School Diplomas!!!)
    -
    They can add the fluff of a Uni ep or a weather ep along the way. Like vacations Greek letter orgs etc.

People would have enjoyed WA if things like "getting hot" in Simila was included.

I honestly don't want sim 4... just add everything to sim 3 like a pack or something! but sims 4 not really interested I love sim 3. I know and I get it lots is missing but sim 3 is nice and if sim 4 comes out it would mean i would need to leave lots behind I don't want that just let sim 3 keep going to mix and match EP's
  • Options
    mbgreenleafmbgreenleaf Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2012
    Just add weather to the Magic expansion and call it a day. Weather would be nice, but magic would be EPIC.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

I think you need to be very careful Fordee09 about calling the new stuff pack "a diabetic pack" since do you know anything about diabetes? A lot of diabetes can't eat sweets. So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc. And there are different types of diabetic.

What the heck do *you* know about it, Madame Lee? Do *you* have diabetes? Where do *you* get off telling *me* I can't have pizza? I *am* diabetic; I have type 2 diabetes, and I take offense at your statement that a diabetic can't eat pizza or that they require "special food"...for your information, that so-called "hamburger" that you propose that the person ordering out the pizza make for the diabetic contains a *lot* of carbohydrates in the form of the bread, so next you're going to be saying that diabetics can't eat bread. Also, I fail to see the correlation between eating sweets and eating a *pizza*. I take great offense to your post, because, as usual, *you don't know what you're talking about*!!!

For your information, diabetics can eat *anything* that other people can eat; they just have to do it in moderation; that *includes* sweets such as candy and cake. It's the carobhydrates that do us in, *because carbohydrates contain sugars* But both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are ocntrolled by medication; in the case of Type 1 it's insulin shots; in the case of Type 2, it's pills, and *sometimes* insulin shots are added in small dosages. Diabetes is controllable through diet and exercise; in the case of Type 2, a weight loss usually makes the diabetes go away, but the potential for its return is always there.

My son-in-law orders Papa John's pizza frequently. I am not going to lie....I get in line to get my slice, or slices, but I much prefer buffalo wings. My son-in-law had a birthday recently; I got in line to get my slice of cake; but my slice was smaller than everyone else's. I have even been know to *gasp*...wait for it...wait for it...drink a COKE, on occasion! And I'm still here, alive and kicking. I take my meds, I exercise, and I watch what I eat.

As for Fordee09's referring to the Katy Perry Sweet Treats as the "diabetic expansion pack", I agree that's the appropriate title for that SP. If I remember correctly, I made the remark in the KP section that I would have to pass on this SP because the temptation to eat sweets was too strong, and if I got it, I'd probably be in a diabetic coma within a week because of all the sugary stuffs being presented in that stuff pack. So, I'm with Fordee09's mom on this one.

And sorry for the rant, folks, but ignorance like MadameLee's just chaps my hide. Not being able to eat pizza, indeed!
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited April 2012
    maybe you jarise9 should go pick up the Baby-sitters club books? One of the main characters in that has diabetes and she can't have pizza the club gets from the fees they collect at meetings. I don't have diabetes, but I go to the same kind of DOCTOR who deals with such stuff: Endocringoists
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    Emily485 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Emily485 wrote:
    No offense, but I completely disagree with you. I think this whole romantic idea (Twilight, True Blood) has made vamps even better :mrgreen:

But not all modern vamp books are romantic. Take Thirst for example. One of my favorite series.
    None taken, everyone has their own opinions :) I think I've just got a problem with change :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIrXKpv2gw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To7m wrote:
    I totally agree Callum!

If you have to learn a skill to cast spells, rather than being actually turned into a witch will ruin the EP.
    Yeah, I do hope it's something you become. And I hope it isn't like Showtime careers where you suddenly forget how to sing the moment you quit/retire.

I don't really have an opinion on the "actually being a witch" vs "witchcraft skill" thing. The witchcraft skill would be more relaistic, but the "being a witch" would be more fun.

I agree with you, to some extent.

I'm wiccan, so I 'learn' the craft. I wasn't born a witch (well, all my family are wiccan's but you know what I mean) and nobody waved their magic wand at me, thus turning me 'into' a witch. But in AL once you were transformed, magic then became a skill at which you unlocked new spells so on and so on, so really, there's not much of a difference. I just want other sims to recognise that my sim is magical, and maybe get a fine for letting an ordinary sim see my magical sim cast a spell... does that make sense, its 12:04am here in London, so my mind is getting a bit fuzzy lol

Blessed be to you, To7M!

And for those who mentioned Twilight... Please don't get me started. Vamps with built-in bling? Please.

1c0ddd606610a977713aff15f4b0fc4c.jpg

Blessed Be,

I hope you are well? :D

LOL @ Built in bling
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    maybe you jarise9 should go pick up the Baby-sitters club books? One of the main characters in that has diabetes and she can't have pizza the club gets from the fees they collect at meetings. I don't have diabetes, but I go to the same kind of DOCTOR who deals with such stuff: Endocringoists

your telling her to look in a fictional kids book when she has diabetes. correct me if i'm wrong jarsie but i believe diabetics can eat what they'd like but they have to portion it in a manner that their sugar levels stay steady.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

I think you need to be very careful Fordee09 about calling the new stuff pack "a diabetic pack" since do you know anything about diabetes? A lot of diabetes can't eat sweets. So for example if you wanted to order out pizza with friends but one of your friends was diabetic she/he couldn't have the pizza, he/she would have to cook something else (like a burger) for the diabetc. And there are different types of diabetic.

What the heck do *you* know about it, Madame Lee? Do *you* have diabetes? Where do *you* get off telling *me* I can't have pizza? I *am* diabetic; I have type 2 diabetes, and I take offense at your statement that a diabetic can't eat pizza or that they require "special food"...for your information, that so-called "hamburger" that you propose that the person ordering out the pizza make for the diabetic contains a *lot* of carbohydrates in the form of the bread, so next you're going to be saying that diabetics can't eat bread. Also, I fail to see the correlation between eating sweets and eating a *pizza*. I take great offense to your post, because, as usual, *you don't know what you're talking about*!!!

For your information, diabetics can eat *anything* that other people can eat; they just have to do it in moderation; that *includes* sweets such as candy and cake. It's the carobhydrates that do us in, *because carbohydrates contain sugars* But both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are ocntrolled by medication; in the case of Type 1 it's insulin shots; in the case of Type 2, it's pills, and *sometimes* insulin shots are added in small dosages. Diabetes is controllable through diet and exercise; in the case of Type 2, a weight loss usually makes the diabetes go away, but the potential for its return is always there.

My son-in-law orders Papa John's pizza frequently. I am not going to lie....I get in line to get my slice, or slices, but I much prefer buffalo wings. My son-in-law had a birthday recently; I got in line to get my slice of cake; but my slice was smaller than everyone else's. I have even been know to *gasp*...wait for it...wait for it...drink a COKE, on occasion! And I'm still here, alive and kicking. I take my meds, I exercise, and I watch what I eat.

As for Fordee09's referring to the Katy Perry Sweet Treats as the "diabetic expansion pack", I agree that's the appropriate title for that SP. If I remember correctly, I made the remark in the KP section that I would have to pass on this SP because the temptation to eat sweets was too strong, and if I got it, I'd probably be in a diabetic coma within a week because of all the sugary stuffs being presented in that stuff pack. So, I'm with Fordee09's mom on this one.

And sorry for the rant, folks, but ignorance like MadameLee's just chaps my hide. Not being able to eat pizza, indeed!

Excellently said Jarsie!

My cousin has been a type 1 diabetic since she was 13 (she's 28 now) and I would like to see anybody try and stop her from eating a slice of pizza!!

ETA: Typo.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

Excellently said Jarsie!

My cousin has been a type 2 diabetic since she was 13 (she's 28 now) and I would like to see anybody try and stop her from eating a slice of pizza!!

ughh i'm on my last week of my diet and you guys are all making me want to order a pizza :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    so I made one mistake and you're jumping on me?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

your telling her to look in a fictional kids book when she has diabetes. correct me if i'm wrong jarsie but i believe diabetics can eat what they'd like but they have to portion it in a manner that their sugar levels stay steady.

My mum has type 2 diabetes, brought on by age. It's controlled by diet. She can eat pizza and burgers without a problem. Whoever wrote that must've been on something at the time. The only thing mum is not meant to eat is sweet stuff, and so long as she doesn't pig out on it, she can eat that too.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    To7m wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

Excellently said Jarsie!

My cousin has been a type 2 diabetic since she was 13 (she's 28 now) and I would like to see anybody try and stop her from eating a slice of pizza!!

ughh i'm on my last week of my diet and you guys are all making me want to order a pizza :mrgreen:

LOL!! I was just sitting here thinking 'I could just eat a pizza right now' shall we all chip in??
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I remember clearly in the first book of BSC, the BSC (yes they only are fictional characters) is having a party after their first month of their baby-sitting "business" and the host had to make something else for the diabetic girl well the others had pizza. I would double check but I no longer have the books, I got rid of them last Christmas
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. You're actually wanting to refer *me* to a series of books that was written more than 20 years ago? You're basing everything you wrote on a book and a character that was written more than 20 years ago? Did you even *bother* to click on those links you so thoughtfully provided? I don't think you did, or you would not have made that ignorant statement.

Newsflash: Ann Martin's Babysitter's Club series was first published in 1986; it is now 2012...that makes it, let's see...twenty six years ago. Another newsflash: there have been great advances in diabetic research since then.

Another thing: While Stacey, the character with the diabetes, might have gone to see an endocrinologist, because her parents were too boneheaded to admit that she *had* diabetes, the only doctor I have ever seen is a general practitioner...who do you think diagnosed me in the first place? Unlike Stacey's bone-headed parents, *I* accepted my diagnosis, and was able to adapt myself to my condition...and that includes the ability to eat pizza. In addition, my *dad* had diabetes as did my aunt; both died from it; and yes, both took medication, and both did have to watch their diets, but they *did* eat the occasional slice of pizza and the occasional slice of cake. So, once again...General Practitioners deal with diabetes; I have yet to see a specialist. I do very well with diet, exercise, and the medications I take on a daily basis...and I eat all the pizza I want *when* I want to eat it...although when we go to CeCe's I tend to fill up mainly on the salad more so than on their delicious thin-crust pizzas.

OP: I apologize deeply for derailing your thread, but as someone who lives with diabetes on a daily basis, I just couldn't let this ignorance and misinformation pass...especially since it seems to be based on a series of children's books that is 26 years old.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    I remember clearly in the first book of BSC, the BSC (yes they only are fictional characters) is having a party after their first month of their baby-sitting "business" and the host had to make something else for the diabetic girl well the others had pizza. I would double check but I no longer have the books, I got rid of them last Christmas

I spoke to mum. She said that it might be because foods like pizza and burger contain fat. Fat apparently converts to sugar in the body. She doesn't avoid fat, just sugar. Just throwing that out there. I read BSC when I was younger ie teens so at least 15 years ago.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    so I made one mistake and you're jumping on me?

If you're talking to me, I'm jumping on you because you are passing on misinformation in order to "correct" a player for calling the Katy Perry Sweet Treat stuff pack a "diabetic Stuff Pack".
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

Again, that was based on information current 26 years ago. No longer current now. And I got my information about the character from going to the author's site and looking up the book.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    JARISE9 have you heave heard of saying stuff POLIETLY? YOU are always JUMPING DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS espically MINE. People might RESPECT you more if you didn't jump down their THROATS. Do you realize that its books like BSC that made people aware of stuff like the big "d" word?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ....and this is the point where the thread degenerates into nothing more than slights and insults.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    JARISE9 have you heave heard of saying stuff POLIETLY? YOU are always JUMPING DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS espically MINE. People might RESPECT you more if you didn't jump down their THROATS. Do you realize that its books like BSC that made people aware of stuff like the big "d" word?

Not where you're concerned. I don't see the need to be polite to someone who deliberately spreads ignorance and misinformation and then use a 26 year old children's book series to defend their contention. So, yes, if you continue to spread those lies and misinformation, I will continue to jump down your throat, and I don't particularly care if people respect me for it or not.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    ....and this is the point where the thread degenerates into nothing more than slights and insults.

Sorry, Arletta, I did not mean for it to get this far. I thought someone would stop, but I guess I was wrong. I apologize to the OP again, and since I've said my piece to Madame Lee, I guess I'm done.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadameLee wrote:

everytime someone proves your wrong or doesnt agree with your statments you play the victim. You got the ball rolling here. you were giving miss info about diabetics and your source was a teenage book thats 20+ years old. of course jarsie (who happens to be a diabetic) will "jump down your throat"
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    how DARE YOU CALL me ignorant. I am not and yes I DID read those links but it didn't say a single thing about whether or not diabetes could or couldn't eat TAKE-OUT pizza.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/467009-can-a-diabetic-eat-take-out-pizza/
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:

Sorry, Arletta, I did not mean for it to get this far. I thought someone would stop, but I guess I was wrong. I apologize to the OP again, and since I've said my piece to Madame Lee, I guess I'm done.

No worries, Jarsie. I know and understand where you're coming from.