Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    So now it will be just as annoying as the help section or bug report. Just great.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 3
    I'm hoping the Ideas and Speculation sub forums will be moved over to this new forum cause I post in them a lot.

Also I have a suggestion please give us the option to copy links from X again on the new forum. That was recently removed.

Another suggestion is to let us upload our pictures from our phones,tablets or pc's without having to use Photobucket.
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi, I'm new to forums. Do I have an account with AHQ? I'm thinking if I can post here that I do.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    IdahoGal65 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to forums. Do I have an account with AHQ? I'm thinking if I can post here that I do.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English

^ try to sign in on there with same email and password if it works you have matching account there and your posts will transfer :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Ooh, I'm glad I saw this. That'll give me enough time to save all my posts containing my stories.
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Ohhh this is sad :( , I just came back to the forums and saw this thread, it's sad to see this forum go, I liked it
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »
    @EA_Cade
    My user name on AHQ is an old one I haven't used in years (Jayel-1) I went in to change it to February11 it told me February11 was already registered. Rosemow mentioned that maybe another poster has used February11 but in the bottom part where it says "game specific identities" it says The Sims - February 11
    So I can't understand why I can't change it there.
    But, the question is, when the new EA forum gets up and running and everything is transferred, will I be Jayel-1 or February11?

Looks like February11 is already in use as an EA ID by another user I'm afraid, so assuming you have both the AHQ and Forums.TheSims logins as the same email address your content would migrate under the name Jayel-1.

Just a couple of follow up questions pertaining to one’s username already being in use by someone else on AHQ:

1) If linking the account here and the one on AHQ, will our username on any posts we have originally made here that get transferred to the new forum then appear with the username we have on AHQ?

2) If we, due to the fact that we are unable to change the username on AHQ to the one we have here, choose not to link the accounts, will any posts we have made on threads that carry over to the new forums then be deleted or will the posts themselves appear but with the “user deleted” instead of a username?

3) Will the new forums be completely connected to AHQ and our login there or will we be able to create a new account just on the new forums when they’re up without linking it with our AHQ account, thereby enabling us to continue using our current username?
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    Ohhh this is sad :( , I just came back to the forums and saw this thread, it's sad to see this forum go, I liked it

We have changed forums before and this one is old and tired and somewhat glitchy at times. So just think of it as a fresh start to something good. We will still all be together with our favorite threads and hopefully a new and improved search function will be available. 🤞 Hope to see you there. :)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Since were going to a new forum I'm hoping the new one will have a darkmode option although if you have Samsung Internet you automatically get it.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited March 4
    Is the new EA forums going to be just for The Sims related games or is it gonna be mixed with other EA game communities too?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    edited March 4
    I stand corrected.😎
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    This is what EA_Cade said @DeKay
    The forum will exist in much the same way that AHQ does, a single site with many hubs for different franchises that you won't see unless you actively seek them out
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18351281/#Comment_18351281
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    This is what EA_Cade said DeKay
    The forum will exist in much the same way that AHQ does, a single site with many hubs for different franchises that you won't see unless you actively seek them out
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18351281/#Comment_18351281

I see, thank you, Rosemow for directing me to the quote. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited March 4
    Greyling wrote: »
    @EA_Cade
    My user name on AHQ is an old one I haven't used in years (Jayel-1) I went in to change it to February11 it told me February11 was already registered. Rosemow mentioned that maybe another poster has used February11 but in the bottom part where it says "game specific identities" it says The Sims - February 11
    But, the question is, when the new EA forum gets up and running and everything is transferred, will I be Jayel-1 or February11?

Looks like February11 is already in use as an EA ID by another user I'm afraid, so assuming you have both the AHQ and Forums.TheSims logins as the same email address your content would migrate under the name Jayel-1.

Just a couple of follow up questions pertaining to one’s username already being in use by someone else on AHQ:

1) If linking the account here and the one on AHQ, will our username on any posts we have originally made here that get transferred to the new forum then appear with the username we have on AHQ?

2) If we, due to the fact that we are unable to change the username on AHQ to the one we have here, choose not to link the accounts, will any posts we have made on threads that carry over to the new forums then be deleted or will the posts themselves appear but with the “user deleted” instead of a username?

3) Will the new forums be completely connected to AHQ and our login there or will we be able to create a new account just on the new forums when they’re up without linking it with our AHQ account, thereby enabling us to continue using our current username?

I think this has been answered to a degree somewhere, but it would be good to have I'd clarified to answer it again, and your two other questions.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    I too have to also log in every single time, plus the last time I even tried to submit a ticket on a bug I was having I clicked submit and nothing happened. Since then I haven't been able to start a new topic and submit, I'm only able to make replies on existing topics.

Are you putting something into the comment field (other than a picture) ?

That's the most common reason for this. The other is if your language is set to another language than english.

Yeah I do, I use the comment field to explain the bug in more details
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    So sad to see the forum closing. Hope it will be different than AHQ.I find that very hard to use
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 4
    Greyling wrote: »
    @EA_Cade

1. The one at AHQ. AHQ uses your EA-ID and so does the new forum. The new forum will use your EA-ID
    2. From what I've read here and at the German forum, they will be deleted (but things might change, who knows)
    3. I'm guessing you could just make a new EA account with no games (or download some free ones on that) and then use that at the new forum.

@Cassandra52182 If you absolutely can't get the post to post in bugs, post it in game issues instead. Do fill out the questions anyways. Say you wanted to post in bugs but it didn't work. Your thread can then be moved to bugs
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    @EA_Cade Hi! Is the nomination cutoff date still March 3rd? Hoping its been pushed a bit further out. If it's still March 3rd, what time zone?

Also, is it alright to post a list of nominated threads with the same general reasoning for all of them at the top (i.e "these threads cover making mods, file details, etc."), rather than trying to list a reason for every single one? Would make this go a lot faster for similar threads and threads I may not be able to explain properly or shortly as to why they should be moved. Or is the "why" just for fun/others, rather than fully required?
    I know we can post in threads to include them for migration but that feels like it could get...spammy? So want to avoid posting too much if I can help it. Also I noticed it says edits count for thread activity, but is that edits of any kind or just the owner?

The deadline has indeed been pushed to March 8 at 10am PT given the new information on what will automatically transfer.

As a reminder, anything posted since October 2022 that has activity (comments) will automatically transfer to the new site. Anything older than October 2022 that has had activity (comments) after October 2022 will transfer as well and doesn't need to be nominated.

Given the above information, I am temporarily suspending the Necroposting rule so that players can ensure posts move if they wish.
    Edit: Also I saw this when going through here, curious about the answer to this as well: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18354552/#Comment_18354552

I do not have an answer for this at the moment, I'll try and get one.
    And I'm not seeing a technical modding and/or modding tutorial section on AHQ's temp forums. Could a general one (or two to separate them if allowed) for modding be made as well for these threads to be safely moved to? The current setup would lump it in with regular user discussion or the issues section, neither would be a fitting place.

Edit 2: For the technical modding threads I'm nominating, some have physical uploads such as TDESCs and .bts (like in this thread). Since they are official accounts, will these uploads be moved too?
    Also if we bump a thread that's very old, in case the nomination date has not been moved back and miss the cut off, are those threads going to be locked after because of the necroposting rule (even if we state it's to preserve the thread)?

I'll take a look into this, though I assume they will be housed in one of the 2 subforums here.
    I'm hoping the Ideas and Speculation sub forums will be moved over to this new forum cause I post in them a lot.

Also I have a suggestion please give us the option to copy links from X again on the new forum. That was recently removed.

Another suggestion is to let us upload our pictures from our phones,tablets or pc's without having to use Photobucket.

Twitter embedding works on the new EA forum, it broke here because of a security update on the forum host side. You can also share pictures directly on the new EA forums without needing to host them on PhotoBucket, Imgur, etc.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    You can also share pictures directly on the new EA forums without needing to host them on PhotoBucket, Imgur, etc.

Awesome :love:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    @EA_Cade That’s awesome! Thank you to whoever made it happen!😁
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Woohoo! I mean Yippee!
    Hope the site is ready for the amount of screenshots storytellers will post though its gonna be a lot :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Twitter embedding works on the new EA forum, it broke here because of a security update on the forum host side.
    Hallelujah. 😄
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    ….
    The deadline has indeed been pushed to March 8 at 10am PT given the new information on what will automatically transfer.

As a reminder, anything posted since October 2022 that has activity (comments) will automatically transfer to the new site. Anything older than October 2022 that has had activity (comments) after October 2022 will transfer as well and doesn't need to be nominated.

Given the above information, I am temporarily suspending the Necroposting rule so that players can ensure posts move if they wish.
    ….

@EA_Cade , @EA_Lanna , in light of the temporary necroposting suspension, will it be possible for you to unlock the rollercoaster thread so those of us that wish to add our latest builds can do so?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/729564/roller-coaster-carnival-amore-builds-please-post-your-pics#
  • Options
    hmm a thought, could we have opposite of nominations thread so we could request specific threads to be removed/ not get transferred

or ability to remove our own threads?

I gather we can delete our threads on new forums but it would be nice to be able to purge some things in advance
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @EA_Cade Hi! Is the nomination cutoff date still March 3rd? Hoping its been pushed a bit further out. If it's still March 3rd, what time zone?

Also, is it alright to post a list of nominated threads with the same general reasoning for all of them at the top (i.e "these threads cover making mods, file details, etc."), rather than trying to list a reason for every single one? Would make this go a lot faster for similar threads and threads I may not be able to explain properly or shortly as to why they should be moved. Or is the "why" just for fun/others, rather than fully required?
    I know we can post in threads to include them for migration but that feels like it could get...spammy? So want to avoid posting too much if I can help it. Also I noticed it says edits count for thread activity, but is that edits of any kind or just the owner?

Ty for suspending the necroposting rule and extending the deadline! <3 It says on the front page in the examples though that editing counted as activity too, is that still true? :open_mouth: And if it is, would it only work for the owner of the thread or for anybody editing their comments, including the owner?
    Thread created on February 3, 2021 with an edit from October 4, 2023 (entire thread & comments)