Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 13
    Gothangel wrote: »
    can you remove my old cringe post from 2011

Mood. (even if I was not on forums in 2011 I just know I would have posted cringe things that year)

but also this brings to mind: can we edit our comments/posts in new forum ?

can we delete threads our own threads no one has yet to comment ourselves?

I have feeling that I will continue to make cringe posts every now and then and being able to delete those would be useful
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    While it’s very sad to see these forums go, the reality for us TS3 diehards is that they are pretty much dead. I remember how vibrant those forums used to be and it makes me sad… even though at first I felt quite intimidated to even start posting. The community collaborations helped bring me out of my shell so I’m anticipating we will still be able to host these in the new forums. Hopefully with the site transition folks will find this an opportunity to become more engaged, whatever version on the game they enjoy.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    So none of my badges will be importet? So much for the 10 year badge and my ancient badge. I know it might not be much, but I would have liked the display to show I'm a long time simmer

Just a few days ago I saw my badges and I was wondering what's happened to our adopted forum bee Bella Bee. Anyhow when it comes to badges I would really miss my ancient badge. I think I can't remember really ever actively join the ea forum or sims forum, rather I joined through something from Mass Effect Network or the old bioware forum. That ea login data worked. That's ancient badge it's the only badge I will really miss, because not many have it.

I'm going to miss this forum, I had a good time here and met wonderful people. It's sad to see the old pages will gone forever in internet cemetery Hopefully enough people will join after the switch so we can keep the forum community alive.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I'm just happy there will be a replacement forum, I'd be lost without my online family.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited February 13
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gothangel wrote: »
    can you remove my old cringe post from 2011

Mood. (even if I was not on forums in 2011 I just know I would have posted cringe things that year)

but also this brings to mind: can we edit our comments/posts in new forum ?

can we delete threads our own threads no one has yet to comment ourselves?

I have feeling that I will continue to make cringe posts every now and then and being able to delete those would be useful

@Simmingal Confirmed that you'll be able to edit and delete as you please, cringe away :)
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm thankful I don't have any threads I really care about but I feel for all who do have threads that are important to them - I hope everyone can get them moved over to the new place. I had been thinking of making a story about a new game I've been setting up, but I will definitely hold off on that, if I do it at all. It gives me more time to do my book writing, after all.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    I'm just happy there will be a replacement forum, I'd be lost without my online family.

Same. I've met a lot of other simmers and simlit writers here whose company I really enjoy. I hope we are all there in the new location to make it our home again.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    @EA_Cade I only care about my save file thread. Will that be moved over? I started it around 2019 but it's still active around pack releases.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    @EA_Cade I only care about my save file thread. Will that be moved over? I started it around 2019 but it's still active around pack releases.

I have personally moved it to the Nominated Threads section right now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »

I have personally moved it to the Nominated Threads section right now.

Also as a heads up here, I posted this in the Nominations Thread as well:

You won't be able to make new threads in this forum, but you should all still be able to reply to the moved threads.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Did the nominated threads get hidden or removed from their previous locations? I can't find What Happened In Your Game Today or several things from General Discussion anymore

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, Yeah! This means we're getting ready for the Next Generation Game?

Such Fun... I always get happy for a New Start. :heart::mrgreen:
  • Options
    PunkandProudPunkandProud Posts: 56 Member

( old Dino cautiously emerges from cave.)

This is making my head hurt...I've only just discovered how these forums work, now I have to learn a whole new thing?!??
    Also, what is AHQ? Is that where we report bugs and such? If, so the login's the same as here, so I should be okay. yes?

I need a painkiller lol!

(old Dino retreats back to safety of her cave.)
  • Options
    Did the nominated threads get hidden or removed from their previous locations? I can't find What Happened In Your Game Today or several things from General Discussion anymore

They're being moved here.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Ah gotcha @EA_Cade
    I will start my forum browsing in that area for the time being

Thanks for taking all the time to explain to us what is happening, and all the details. communication is key to understanding change :)

• Options
    SpatzSpatz Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks @EA_Cade for your answers.
    There were many questions in the German forum. I translated your posts and summarized them for German users. Please keep us informed! Thank you! 😊
  • Options
    Spatz wrote: »
    Thanks @EA_Cade for your answers.
    There were many questions in the German forum. I translated your posts and summarized them for German users. Please keep us informed! Thank you! 😊

Danke!
  • Options
    ( old Dino cautiously emerges from cave.)

This is making my head hurt...I've only just discovered how these forums work, now I have to learn a whole new thing?!??
    Also, what is AHQ? Is that where we report bugs and such? If, so the login's the same as here, so I should be okay. yes?

I need a painkiller lol!

(old Dino retreats back to safety of her cave.)

AHQ is Answers HQ, our sister site. This past week we've created new sections of the site to house content that previously only had a home here on these forums.

Your login for AHQ should be the same as for the EA app, if they use the same email as your account here everything you've posted here in the last 2 years (October 2022) will migrate eventually from this site to AHQ or the new EA forums.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Oh, Yeah! This means we're getting ready for the Next Generation Game?

Such Fun... I always get happy for a New Start. :heart::mrgreen:

Me too! Love your pic as well. I am a water dragon so this is my year. Hopefully that means something. Ha ha
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 13
    As someone who hates change, I'm fine with this. I made the move from the old Sims 3 forum. I'll survive this one too. :)

Although I'm not very active on AHQ, I have more badges there then I was aware of. It's not so confusing once you start using it. I'm sure we will all get the hang of the new forum in no time.

edit: It's also going to make troubleshooting/bug tracking easier for the team during our temporary AHQ stay.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited February 13
    I know this sounds like a silly question @EA_Cade but will disabilities be allowed to be discussed on the new forum or will it still be a 'no-no' like over here? I mean as long as the discussion is civil, that people could potentially discuss disabilities over there and not have it up for 2-3 mins and bam! its gone- like some earlier threads on here happened due to a previous mod deleting them

I think either that mod, or another mod even deleted threads from the Sims 3 as well-long *after* Sims 4 had been released
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    :#
    You're not denying. So was everything I said true, or only most of it?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    :#
    You're not denying. So was everything I said true, or only most of it?

Probably just the dragons part 🐉
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Maybe It's this type of funeral we need

Marvellous, what a way to go. The sound effects... 😆

Will captain carry over The Hall? I really wish so but dang those spoilers must be a chore to reformat :sweat_smile:

The only question I'm asking myself right now is: Will Captain carry over Captain?

Thank you for asking about the Hall! I'm not sure what to do with that one. It's finished in my head believe it or not, but it's getting a bit too dark for a family friendly forum. Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly.
    Publishing it on an external blog might be my only option. I haven't decided yet. Hey, give me another 50 years. 🫣

• Options
    edited February 13
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I know this sounds like a silly question @EA_Cade but will disabilities be allowed to be discussed on the new forum or will it still be a 'no-no' like over here? I mean as long as the discussion is civil, that people could potentially discuss disabilities over there and not have it up for 2-3 mins and bam! its gone- like some earlier threads on here happened due to a previous mod deleting them

I think either that mod, or another mod even deleted threads from the Sims 3 as well-long *after* Sims 4 had been released

I have no knowledge of this and no inclination to accidentally lie to you about it, let me check and get back to you here.

Edit: Updating this since it's only been 10 minutes and I don't feel like spamming more than I already have today.

I'm not sure what happened here in the "before times", but as long as you keep your content respectful there is no reason it can't be shared on AHQ, or the new EA forums when they arrive.

We have several threads on disabilities here if you use the search feature at the top. We'll step in as we need to, but there is no blanket policy on this subject.