Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims In 2024

9kQygp4.png

Do you have any specific plans as we head into the new year? Goals you want to achieve? Challenges you'd like to try? Finish that legacy challenge? Become a more accomplished builder or build your first lot? Throw that first wedding? Play an occult for the first time? Try a trait, aspiration, career you've never tried before? Or are your plans just to have fun? :)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,671 Member
    I plan to try out Jungle Adventure for the first time.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member
    I’d like to get back to storytelling in my game. A bout of migraine headaches followed by summer home projects derailed me this year. I’ve been playing. Mostly world building/management and CC shopping, but the stories have been a bit sidelined. I had a lot of story threads going. I’d like to find one that grabs me again, and get back into it.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,010 Member
    Play the werewolf gameplay, starting from 0.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2023
    I love seeing how everyone has goals to explore bits of this game that they really haven't yet!

I have to plans to play an evil sim and the evil aspirations properly for the first time ever. I have aged up Max Villareal to help me through these elements of game play, and I'm getting a save and a proper story going in my head and I hope to be playing within the next few days :)

C2v8hC2.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,993 Member
    edited December 2023
    1. Continue my stories

I've been bit stuck since I have perfect slot for Horse Ranch in many stories
    but I didn't buy it yet :sweat_smile: hoping to use this sale and get ball rolling again

2. Complete a world

not sure which one
    I have many that are just about half there
    so I think I should at least *try* to get one of them complete and ready to go

3. "Declutter" some sims

I really need to do some population control
    theres just too many sims in my save :sweat_smile:
    some of them also should be dead already
    but I am too attached to seeing them around my simworlds :sweat_smile:

4. Just play and have fun

I can get in such tediously long build loops
    so I'm just hoping I can get more playing in next year,
    also fingers crossed for computer upgrade
    cause dang simmingal just get it over with already

5. Have some life besides playing The Sims

tall ask after all other goals :lol:
    but I really need to remember that theres other things in life
    than sitting on various chairs staring at various screens
    and more sim goals i have more important it becomes to take some breaks
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think I will still be rotating. I'll add 1-2 SE Asian households to my rotation. I think one of those will be the Bun Ma house. A friend of mine grew up in a very similar household from the same culture, so it will be interesting. I also think I'll explore the horses & horse ranch pack more.

Some households in my giant rotation may shift to being renters and I may prioritize some favorites as my main gameplay households with the others as awesome neighbors with Neighborhood Stories. I like the ability to be flexible though. I'm also sure that I'll do some building and that my Sims will travel a lot because they do. I replay the travel worlds a lot with new sims or with sims revisiting places at different stages of life.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    I have no plans yet. I will be taking a break to play other games to begin with so I might disappear from the forums for a while, but I always come back to this franchise.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    My Sim Plans

A Wedding: Victor and Zuri are getting married

A Move: Then Victor is going to move into Zuri’s house with Zuri and her daughter

Rotational play: Victor leaves behind Alison, living in the Stonestreet Apartments. Her story is not nearly finished either

Babies: Believe it or not I haven’t had any infants yet.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Rotational Main Save:
    -Finish a high school arc with a number of teen sims
    -Age up sims
    -Enroll in university and possibly live in residential rental dorms
    -Have more weddings
    -Have more babies
    -Move sims to different worlds

Challenges:
    -Finish the NSB Challenge (hopefully... :grimace:)
    -Get further in the 100 Baby Challenge
    -Finish the Bachelor Challenge, start the Bachelorette
    -Finish the Hotel Challenge (both the Cruise & Cottage arcs)

This is a rough plan. Ultimately, I just want to continue to enjoy the game for as long as possible.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,355 Member
    Throw that first wedding?
    This right here! I'm getting My Wedding Stories for Christmas and prepared by engaging Hugo Villareal and Emma Phillips in my main save. They are probably making a mistake... Emma was going steady with Max before Hugo... and they are only 23 and 25... but their families are very keen on merging...

I also hope to not abandon my 1760s save and to hopefully finally complete a Batuu aspiration. For that last one I'm currently preparing a First Order and a scoundrels household, one of the FO sims will defect to the rebels, but only one faction can win.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    That.. depends on what content they surprise us with.

I predict ALOT of obsessing over making the perfect beach house for a full-sized family of occults. Not too large, not too small, not too decorated, not too empty... I've only been at this project since island living came out.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I hope I will finally progress further with a legacy than ever before (10 generations would be nice), but I'm still on gen 1 currently, so that will take a while.

And I would love to finally start putting together my save file. I've wanted to do that for so long, but I always changed up my mind and didn't like anymore what I did before.
    I'm currently building Willow Creek (primarily basegame with some exceptions) and I think I'm actually happy with it this time.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,106 Member
    I hope to age up all of the first generation of my current save (My sim self's kids) His first 8 born from his first marriage will age up to the elder life stage as we progress in to the 00's.

I'm also interested to see how far i get decade wise and how much of the family be around say in the next five - ten sim years.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hope that by the end of 2024 my Sim and her successors will have raised 100 babies and settled them somewhere, but I might not get that far. She's moved out only 4 with 5 at home.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,705 Member
    @cyncie I feel for you. I have a granddaughter (22) who has suffered from migraines for most of her life. As for having the writing side-lined, I'm suffering from this a bit, not for a long period of time, but just in attempting to get this copy of the save that went down with my laptop, to the point where I'd left off. Now, even though I have the stuff from said hard drive restored, via a Flash drive, it's a moot point. I've written two short updates, one that went into the past just a shade. What happened in my game was just too good, too surprising to let it just slide by. I'm now just beyond where the original save was.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    To resist the urge to start over again :D
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,975 Member
    I’d like to finally get round to playing with a werewolf family. I’ve got names planned and a general idea of what I want to do with them, but just haven’t got round to actually playing them. I’d also like to play with vampires a bit more. I have had a vampire save, but got a little frustrated with how slowly their ranks increased. Maybe it was because I had a “good” vampire couple who preferred to eat plasma fruit and packs rather than drinking from another Sim. Perhaps they could still want to be “good”, but have come to realise that drinking from plasma fruit and packs just isn’t as satisfying.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 521 Member
    I plan to just enjoy the game and try to make the most of all the features!

I’ve spent the past few years gradually adding all the packs I was missing into my game. Although I bought TS4 not long after it first came out for Mac, I spent many years playing with only a few packs, partly because I didn’t play as much then (due to life, and also not really working out a play style that I could stick with) and partly because I just didn’t have the storage space. I bought an external SSD a few years ago, and since then I’ve been adding all the packs I didn’t have. With this latest winter sale I’ve finally got up to date — I now have everything except Paranormal (which I don’t want as I don’t like the subject) and most of the kits (some of which I hope to get but others I’ll probably skip). It feels like quite an achievement :)

As I play in a rotation with one household in each world, I have some quite long-established households which I started several years ago but also some other much newer ones (eg Chestnut Ridge and Tomarang). So for 2024 I basically hope to have a quieter year (not adding so much new content) and to get all my households fully settled in my rotation and progressing in their stories, and to really try to make the most of all I now have in the game.
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 854 Member
    To resist the urge to start over again :D

I can relate to this :D

I want to finish my stories and challenges I started, but there are also a couple other new ones I'd like to start as well.

Maybe I can figure out a good rotation schedule and get them all done. :)
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    One of my plans is to my million simoleon challenge. I am about halfway finished with it already, but still need to finish it.
    I also plan to age up some Sims so I can start pairing up the next generation of Sims.
    Also, choose which Sim will join occults, be heirs, etc. Whether an heir or not, any Vampire Sim that I have will watch over the next generations in their family.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    My plans for the year 2024
    completing aspirations with my supersim Callisto. I currently have 58 aspirations done. The next few on the list are the new aspirations from home chef hustle and horse ranch. Once those are done, she can start the family aspirations. She and Kiyoshi will have an elaborate wedding with bachlorettenight, reheasal dinner, picking out a dress with the girls and everything. After the wedding I hope they will be blessed with some beautiful children who can complete the new growing together aspirations for children. These cam in too late for Callisto and I am not starting over. lol.
    Continuing the story of my newest sims couple Marco and Adrielle. They were part of the love after break up challenge. They fell in love at the end of the challenge but I have a feeling their story isn't done yet. Perhaps I will have them run a bakery, I have never actually played a retail store before.

I am sure I will venture off into other storylines as well. Every year brings a few unexpected stories or builds.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 964 Member
    No. Just like humans, they just carry on.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

1. Furnishing and finishing the Boys' new home in Tomarang 🐅
    13cba885a5b09faae0757e56bd4a6f831a2a382d.jpg

2. Build a lot near one of the beaches in Tomarang 🌺
    9cfcf21c7c4105b1354c9b03d73faa6db9a04849.jpg

3. Go wherever the new content leads us 🏰
    4202d904ef1ce3577706eec17085676141f89f8c.jpg

4. 2024 my favourite drama has it's 10th anniversary so we are going to have a special 🍠
    e5a61fef026d61fb43edeab79983c8eaa35cb23e.jpg

5. Have even more fun 🎉
    6160ff78adebf5b29e68353528aaf70ae1433064.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I plan to just enjoy the game and try to make the most of all the features!

I’ve spent the past few years gradually adding all the packs I was missing into my game. Although I bought TS4 not long after it first came out for Mac, I spent many years playing with only a few packs

@FreddyFox1234 I relate to this so much! There's still a good handful I don't have, but I tend to buy packs more than one at a time when they are on sale, so it makes it very daunting to explore proper gameplay, so I can definitely relate to wanting to really explore all the features!

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited December 2023
    My goals for 2024 are a bit different. I find that so much of my life centers around achieving goals or reaching milestones. I want my Simming time to be a time when I can stop focusing on goals, relax, and have fun. If I feel like setting up a save and filling it with interesting characters, that's what I'll do. Maybe I'll return to a save I haven't touched in months and see what happens next. Perhaps I'll redecorate a house or try to design and build one. Or I'll simply sit beside my daughter on the sofa while she creates more characters in CAS. Maybe I'll play every day for a month, or not play for a month.

I'll probably do all those things at some point in 2024, but I'm not sure when. That's exactly what I need from my game.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!