Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you created your Simself?

ยซ13
lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
A Simself is a sim character created to represent yourself in real life. These sims typically resemble oneโ€™s physical characteristics and personality traits, but they do not have to. Creative freedom is not limited.
ยท ยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ๐–ฅธ ยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ยท
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Have you created your Simself? 116 votes

Yes
66%
simcredibleJaline33Brd709lisamwittCamkatMonaSolstraalemcruddStrangerthanncisGibbs02Mariefoxprice83MagdaleenaMe1620cchant86CororonluthienrisingGothangelbarracuda1574BariSaxyMikezumiLissykin 77 votes
No
27%
AyradyssTheSpotted_Cg01denswanCarmineChampandGirlielemonellaFreddyFox1234FraTacannaliese39Winifred_WillowOldeseadoggeArzekialRedShoe7ZiafarShannonMarie_76Behappy1stChicklet453681VanPelt81InuMiroLoverGlacierSnow 32 votes
Other (please elaborate)
6%
Monet11cyncieDaniRose2143SeashoreLiviaEllupelluelluPerti23Caerfinon 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 644 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    On the internet, no one knows if you're a dog...

xNf1LGel.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: ๐ŸถDog Lover, ๐ŸŽจCreative, ๐Ÿ˜‘Loner
    Social Media: ๐Ÿ˜@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป๐Ÿ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | ๐ŸŒA Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: ๐ŸŽจ Jac related CAS and Build CC | ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ Film Noir Wall Decorations | ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐ŸŽจPauline King Art
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    Yes
    No I would never who on earth does that? :innocent:
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 440 Member
    No
    I tried and failed. I didnโ€™t have the skills. Iโ€™m a better builder than sim-maker. I could give it another shot, though. I have more cas now than I did back then and a bit more experience recreating sims that resemble someone. Maybe I will.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,911 Member
    edited December 2023
    Yes
    I created her but I don't play her :)

mightysprite-in-city.png
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    Yes
    Way back n Sims 2's heyday, never again.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Yes
    Yes but I don't make my simself look exactly like me. I will give her the same color eyes and hair as well as the Artistic (TS3) and the Bookworm (TS3/TS4) traits. Of course that's the beauty of this game is that one can create a sim of themselves and not have to stick with the way they look in real life. i.e: like if you have something on you that you don't like but don't want to see on your sim that you have created.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Yes
    I created a simself when I first got TS3. I have made changes to her over the years and this was the most recent change - about a year into the pandemic. I had a pixie cut when it started and had only ventured out for one haircut in that time so it had grown out. My hair is now half way down my back so she needs updating again. I am also a little greyer now :p
    50734910362_b93d1ec48f_h.jpg
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yes
    Yes, one generation back, and now looking forward to the next after grandchildren. So exited to become a great grandmother. [img][/img]hTOrWZ5.jpg
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I've been creating them back since I began playing The Sims in 2003. I've never liked pictures taken of myself IRL so oftentimes these simselves I've made over the years are valuable insight into my styles from the past that I can't get from pictures of myself as they are so scarce. Lol

I have become a lot more accurate over the years, though. My most recent ones are most accurate. I'm not the prettiest so I get self-conscious and have in the past always - subconsciously or not - made them prettier than I really am (and perhaps that's why I've made so many, because I'm insecure >.<). So it's kinda weird to have and share more accurate ones.

My current avatar and signature are roughly where I have mine at today. I recently began wearing glasses. Here's another variation. I go back and forth on hair, in reality my hair is somewhere in between the version in my avatar/signature and below.

Od5Vu63.png

I do not play my simselves. I put them into the background of the world or save file I'm playing and just find it funny if I see them around.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,947 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    I have her, but I did not made her myself. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes
    Mine started out as a barely changed George Rivers back in 2019, but has slightly been tweaked to resemble me more and more.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,363 Member
    No
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Best simself screenshots I have ever seen!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    No
    I've had one that looked a bit similar to me and I'm sure that some of their personalities are influenced by mine but no, I have not done that specifically. In the way I play it, they are all their own people in their own universe similar but not identical to ours. I play through a lot of Sims and it's always as "them" not as me. I don't judge other ways of playing it but that's just how I am. I'm helping them live their best Sim lives or if not, because it's not always smooth, I keep things from going completely off the rails and things usually get better for them eventually. Most of the Sims I play are on the happier side of life though and I don't mind that at all. That's probably reflective of my personality. I also do tend to like sims who are either smart and studious or have some interesting qualities or a unique personality in some way that is distinctive. That directs how I play them, what they do and what they focus on.

It's never me in the game though, I'm a benevolent leader of them all.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Yes
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Best simself screenshots I have ever seen!

Thank you @GlacierSnow, this means a lot! ๐Ÿ’š

Trying to capture the essence of a simself's personality in a single screenshot remains a challenge, especially when dealing with extremely busy action scenes such as the ones I posted above, but you know what, I feel that I managed well this time. I'm actually quite proud of my work for a change!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,363 Member
    No
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Your hard work definitely paid off. I feel like I understand you so much better now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Yes
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I like how you went right from sewers to the temple, clearly man of culture โœจ๏ธ

I think there might also be fellow man of culture in my town since i heard strange drunken talking from under the bridge this one foggy morning but unfortunately I had to train for speedwalking competition just in case and I couldn't wait to find out what he had to say
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Yes
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Your hard work definitely paid off. I feel like I understand you so much better now.
    Wow @GlacierSnow , you have no idea how happy this makes me feel! You DO understand me, and knowing this made the plasma sweat and tears all the more worth it! ๐Ÿฅน

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I like how you went right from sewers to the temple, clearly man of culture โœจ๏ธ

I think there might also be fellow man of culture in my town since i heard strange drunken talking from under the bridge this one foggy morning but unfortunately I had to train for speedwalking competition just in case and I couldn't wait to find out what he had to say

Aye @Simmingal those sewers go deep and far. You should have seen the faces of the visitors in the temple when they smelled my simself coming. Alas, no screenshot of that either, although itโ€™s probably for the best. They didnโ€™t seem too comfortable lying on the floor knocked out like that.

Wait a secโ€ฆStrange drunk talk? Under the bridge you say? Foggy morning?!
    Iโ€™m glad you speed walked your way in the opposite direction and didnโ€™t listen to a single word he said. This fellow man of culture that you speak of was no man. The thing that you heard was a Troll. And let me tell you, Iโ€™ve spend enough time under bridges to know that this was not the good-natured Moomin kind either. This was a Troll with a capital T. You were extremely lucky to get out of there in one piece! ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ
  • Options
    Yes
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Ah I see and here I was thinking I might have missed out on "yer a wizard harry" type of moment there

if it was Moomintroll it would have looked good on my sisters Moomin shelf though
    always on hunt for those this time of year ๐Ÿค”

I do say there should be more comfortable floors in these temples for lying down
    all the stairs and unusual scents can have you rather dizzy

thinking of which I might have to invest in some moomin rugs once my sisters place turns into moomin temple ๐Ÿค”
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    No
    I tried, I really did. But the results always made me shudder (do I really look like this or is it that I have no talent to create a Sim?) Either way it was a catastrophy.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Your simself pictures made my day!
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Yes
    I think it might help if you try to create your grandparents,siblings or parents first
    and then see what features you have in common and apply those to your simself

or then just pretend you are painting landscape
    and think of shapes and distances rather than actual features

+ ofcourse have eye/chest level picture of yourself to take reference from :sweat_smile:
    even better if theres also less flattering picture taken by someone else :joy:

+just remember that theres things game cannot replicate perfectly

for instance Simmingal is unfortunately missing some doublechins and probably lost weight due to games limitations
    then again, game does not have all the baked goodies that led to Simmingal getting into such shape
    so it seems realistic enough

what I find to be most disturbing is when/if I attempt to change anything I don't like about my looks
    it just looks all kinds of uncanny valley
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,020 Member
    Yes
    A Simself is a sim character created to represent yourself in real life. These sims typically resemble oneโ€™s physical characteristics and personality traits, but they do not have to. Creative freedom is not limited.

I have but I did cheat ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Made myself younger, more athletic with blue hair. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 what great screenshots of your Sim! ๐Ÿคฃ
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes
    Yes! I created myself and my boyfriend (now husband!) back in the early days of The Sims 4, it was around October or November 2015. Since then, I tried to do it once more during the summer of 2020, which was when I last played the game up to today. I'm planning on buying a new gaming laptop early next year and complete my collection , as I don't own most of the packs since September 2020 that I played The Sims 4 for the last time. It feels like a lifetime and I've missed the game so much. I need to catch up with my mods, too.

Happy Simming, friends, it feels really good to be here once more!
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    No
    No and I never will. For my style of gameplay and storytelling, creating myself or anyone else I know in my life would be extremely weird, to say the least.
  • Options
    sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    No
    I don't intend on creating my sim-self.