Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controversial news coming soon about TS4 (rumor)

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    The Search Engine Optimization for this site isn't great and we've been looking into this for a while.

We know we have a ton of users here who don't have Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc. and rely on this site for updates. I'll be very upfront and say that despite the recent technical issues I've heard nothing about this forum closing, and I can't see us ever closing this forum without cause, and already having a successor up and running.

My purpose here is to provide information where I'm able, report the goings on here up the chain in terms of likes and dislikes, but mostly to post GIFs and make dad jokes. So it's in my best interest to keep the site around to host my GIFs and jokes for posterity.

Thank you @EA_Cade for this reassurance. It’s good to hear that the forum isn’t going anywhere anytime soon! Hopefully that will put an end to all the speculation for now.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,855 Member
    The Search Engine Optimization for this site isn't great and we've been looking into this for a while.

We know we have a ton of users here who don't have Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc. and rely on this site for updates. I'll be very upfront and say that despite the recent technical issues I've heard nothing about this forum closing, and I can't see us ever closing this forum without cause, and already having a successor up and running.

My purpose here is to provide information where I'm able, report the goings on here up the chain in terms of likes and dislikes, but mostly to post GIFs and make dad jokes. So it's in my best interest to keep the site around to host my GIFs and jokes for posterity.

I love hearing things like this. The forums aren't just a news source, they're home and therapy all in one.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I love hearing things like this. The forums aren't just a news source, they're home and therapy all in one.

This forum is my 2nd home.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    they're home and therapy all in one.

Ditto! <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    This forum is my 2nd home.

For every hour I spend online on other sites each week, I probably spend 10 or more here. I have the forums as my home page on my phone and computer, and even if I go online to check something else, before I close the browser I will check my notifications to see what's happened since the last time I was online. I have interacted on various forums but I've never found an online home like this one. This is the least toxic forum I've ever interacted with.
    Ditto! <3

Thank you❤️ A virtual hug my sister🤗

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

🤗

But... lol.. I suppose every cloud has a silver lining.. yesterday when forum was offline longer, I got lots of cleaning done in my flat :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Nooo now I really do think it could be about the forums shutting down, now that would indeed be controversial...

Why would it be controversial? Answers HQ has a dedicated Sims section which is very active. There are boards on this forum that have been locked and read-only for years.

Ohhh, yeah I see what you mean, it could make sense too, but I am glad it doesn't seem to be the case. Seems like the forums are not going to get axed <3 I enjoy this one a lot more than the EA Sims 4 forums :blush:
  • Options

🤗

But... lol.. I suppose every cloud has a silver lining.. yesterday when forum was offline longer, I got lots of cleaning done in my flat :D

My silver lining, I was at work and too busy to truly notice the loss of forum access. We both passed the downtime productively🥰
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Couldn't access forums yesterday and it didn't even show up when I google searched except for the french? section and when clicked that didn't work either it was so bizarre

I almost cry because I thought I was no longer able to complain about crop tops, discuss obvious dragon hints and share Vladdy pics here :(

I hope that if the forums one day go RIP we at least get like month heads up to back up the stories and such and form weird vladdy cults on other platforms

It didn't show up for a duckduck go browser search either. The only link that came up said "page not found". I can access the categories and get to the forums from the page not found screen. But that, at least, is more than what I can find with google. I pretty much have to know the address to get to the forums now.

I will cry if I cannot read your complaints about crop tops. That's one of the things I really enjoy. :D

Well on bright side if forum did disappear maybe I would have actually gone to the therapist as I was supposed to instead of constantly bumping into @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and spilling the tea he did not ask for :joy:

Maybe @CAPTAIN_NXR7 missed his calling to be a therapist? Or maybe he just loves spilled tea... :D

I suspect he will say that he is just a big ol' hairy werebeast and that he had no idea that anyone spilled anything since there was no raw meat involved.

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    This is the least toxic forum I've ever interacted with.

I really love how this forum feels like a safe space. I appreciate how friendly, helpful and constructive most simmers here are. So different from my past experiences on Twitter. Long may it last.

• Options
    edited October 2023

I really love how this forum feels like a safe space. I appreciate how friendly, helpful and constructive most simmers here are. So different from my past experiences on Twitter. Long may it last.

I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community and many of the characters in my stories are as well. America, here in the real world, has become so very openly hostile and even violent towards us who openly identify as LGBTQ+, or who some would label as 'other'. This is my one entirely safe space where I can open up and truly be myself and let my characters be who they are,
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

When I noticed that I no longer had access to the forums I initially thought I got suspended for not sharing enough bad jokes on here.
    I immediately went back to the drawing board to expand that wonderful repertoire of mine. I would have rather improved on the quality of my dad jokes if I had been a dad, alas, I am no dad - as far as I’m aware. See? That’s one of my recurring bad jokes and technically we could also call that a dad joke.
    Anyway, even if I were a dad, I’ve got nothing on @EA_Cade, there’s no way I could top his sense of glorious, first-class dad humor. I doubt anyone can, to be honest. 😆
    Well on bright side if forum did disappear maybe I would have actually gone to the therapist as I was supposed to instead of constantly bumping into @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and spilling the tea he did not ask for :joy:
    Maybe @CAPTAIN_NXR7 missed his calling to be a therapist? Or maybe he just loves spilled tea... :D

I suspect he will say that he is just a big ol' hairy werebeast and that he had no idea that anyone spilled anything since there was no raw meat involved.

*BUMP*

Pardon me!
    Oh hello. That’s funny that I happen to bump into the both of ye at the same time, @Simmingal & @Monet11. How are you feeling today? I’m just after visiting my own therapist, whom I’ve been helping out to become a better therapist.

Wait, who spilled what?! No, I didn’t notice anyone spilling tea or soup or any other forms of liquid for that matter. I’ve got quick- drying fur. You’re both extremely lucky! 😜
  • Options
    When I noticed that I no longer had access to the forums I initially thought I got suspended for not sharing enough bad jokes on here.
    I immediately went back to the drawing board to expand that wonderful repertoire of mine. I would have rather improved on the quality of my dad jokes if I had been a dad, alas, I am no dad - as far as I’m aware. See? That’s one of my recurring bad jokes and technically we could also call that a dad joke.
    Anyway, even if I were a dad, I’ve got nothing on @EA_Cade, there’s no way I could top his sense of glorious, first-class dad humor. I doubt anyone can, to be honest. 😆

*BUMP*

Pardon me!
    Oh hello. That’s funny that I happen to bump into the both of ye at the same time, @Simmingal & @Monet11. How are you feeling today? I’m just after visiting my own therapist, whom I’ve been helping out to become a better therapist.

Wait, who spilled what?! No, I didn’t notice anyone spilling tea or soup or any other forms of liquid for that matter. I’ve got quick- drying fur. You’re both extremely lucky! 😜

Omg literally same! I was also worried about that but I am happy that wasn't the case! I love this forum and I am trying my best to be kind and respectable here and only comment in a relevant way and staying on topic. <3
    But oh well, I hope the controversial news isn't still yet to come, hopefully it isn't what I fear it is (no more than 2 apartment units per lot in For Rent EP)...I need news soon! Hopefully we will get the official trailer and announcement for the EP next week! :open_mouth:
  • Options

I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community and many of the characters in my stories are as well. America, here in the real world, has become so very openly hostile and even violent towards us who openly identify as LGBTQ+, or who some would label as 'other'. This is my one entirely safe space where I can open up and truly be myself and let my characters be who they are,

Me too, I am part of LGBTQ+ community, I rarely mention it, but this forum is awesome, I love to see the storylines and screenshots from other Simmers' game saves! I also especially love the family play and pets photos and the generational stories! <3:smile:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member

*BUMP*

Pardon me!

Thank you for asking I am having a lovely day so far not much tea getting spilled (yet)

the moon is all bright and pretty though and there is to be lunar eclipse so I might lose some sleep and go mad 🤔 I shall take precautions *turns off phone and goes in coffin*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

*BUMP*

Pardon me!

Thank you for asking I am having a lovely day so far not much tea getting spilled (yet)

the moon is all bright and pretty though and there is to be lunar eclipse so I might lose some sleep and go mad 🤔 I shall take precautions *turns off phone and goes in coffin*

Hello dear @Simmingal! I hope you did not lose any sleep or go mad. I already lose enough sleep for the both of us. And I shall not bring up madness, if that's okay.

I use the forum as a hiding place myself, pretending to be human and practicing being normal, or sort of normal anyway. I am relieved that it seems to be staying around for a while. I do hope that they get the searching for it issue straightened out. I am not sure why it is so difficult to find on a browser search, but it does appear that they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.

If it's acceptable to you, I'd just prefer that you keep spilling tea when you run into @CAPTAIN_NXR7 as it keeps him pre-occupied. You have fabulous kill bill vampire skills and are able to handle that hairy Irish werebeast. I am just a hard hearted, clumsy alien who loves hot soup and ice cold beverages. I always spill stuff when that beast is around, mainly because I am tripping over his bad jokes.

Have a lovely, gloomy day!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

If it's acceptable to you, I'd just prefer that you keep spilling tea when you run into @CAPTAIN_NXR7 as it keeps him pre-occupied. You have fabulous kill bill vampire skills and are able to handle that hairy Irish werebeast. I am just a hard hearted, clumsy alien who loves hot soup and ice cold beverages. I always spill stuff when that beast is around, mainly because I am tripping over his bad jokes.

Have a lovely, gloomy day!

Hold on a sec. What’s with the spilling tea business? Are we conspiring against me now? Oh let’s all bring tea and “accidentally” run into Captain Werebeast. Let’s keep him busy for no apparent reason at all.
    I’m sure some of you darlings would love to see me tea-drenched and covered in crushed leaves of Earl Grey and sweet Chai Latte. And let’s not mention Organic Green Tea. Organic Green Tea makes me look like the Grinch. I know Christmas isn’t far off, but I don’t want to look like a Grinch, regardless of how grumpy I am.

Also Reminder: Quick drying fur doesn’t equal water proof! I love the ocean but I’m not a Weremerman.
    I have a tail but it doesn’t look like the backside of a fish. Ok let me stop right there… I don’t even know what’s going on anymore. Talking about controversial. Sheesh.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate if someone was to spill the BEANS about all this controversial nonsense.

Coffee beans preferably. I need a coffee.

On an extra serious side note: You’re all great. I wouldn’t be on this forum otherwise. I’m glad it’s not going anywhere.
    Call me The Cringe, but I mean it. 💚

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    @Monet11

thankfully I fell asleep before I went mad I did miss out on the eclipse by hour or so though :(

I too have been practicing being human lately

today I spontaneously decided to walk 10 km in the snow because I hear thats what human do but I might have been wrong as I now realize it is probably what yeti do

tomorrow I shall feel what ariel felt when she decided to be human as my legs will punish me for being too aspirational

but maybe I'll spill less tea as I'll be hibernating

@CAPTAIN_NXR7

How do you feel about Rooibos? I do enjoy my tea with no milk or sugar so you are spared that much at least :sweat_smile:

either way yes I too am glad this forum did not disappear as this is indeed one of the very few places in web where you can be clumsy alien, adventurous werebeast or socially awkward vampire in peace 💜
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Closing this one off, please use @simgirl1010 's link above for further discussion.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top