Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controversial news coming soon about TS4 (rumor)

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The only I don’t like about twitter is random ppl have the name ‘SimGuru’ before them. It’s misleading
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Don't worry, that will never happen. All the customer-made polls here are a golden treasure for the team.

I'm wondering too if it could also be a brand new forums. Still it's own stand alone forum, but all new. This version has been having little features breaking for a few months now. Some have been fixed, some haven't. Those who were around for the great forum 'Rich Text' experiment a while back when @EA_Cade tried to improve things by switching away from BBCode will remember how quickly things got controversial. Just short of villagers storming the castle gates with pitchforks in hand. I will say, he had the best of intentions. Who knew it would all go pear-shaped like it did?🙂

If they launched a brand new forum a lot of this content might, stress might, be lost, and/or people would lose stats. That could be controversial too, if that is a feature people feel is important. Changing up the layout of the forum and getting away from the comfortable one we're all so used to where we can find any section with our eyes closed could stir the pot. These are more comforting thoughts as far as upheaval to our beloved forums than the loss of it entirely.

RIP Rich Text Format

Feb 1 2023 - Feb 6 2023 🙏🙏
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    EA_Cade wrote: »

RIP Rich Text Format

ALSO how was that only 8 months ago??? I swear that happened in 2021.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member

RIP Rich Text Format

Those whose lives Rich Text Format touched will never forget it.🪦 I'm sure quite a few have tried...until I brought it's memory back from the grave.🧟
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

RIP Rich Text Format

It was this year?🫠 lmao
  • Options

RIP Rich Text Format

I think that's called a coping mechanism.😁
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Don't worry, that will never happen. All the customer-made polls here are a golden treasure for the team.

I'm wondering too if it could also be a brand new forums. Still it's own stand alone forum, but all new. This version has been having little features breaking for a few months now. Some have been fixed, some haven't. Those who were around for the great forum 'Rich Text' experiment a while back when @EA_Cade tried to improve things by switching away from BBCode will remember how quickly things got controversial. Just short of villagers storming the castle gates with pitchforks in hand. I will say, he had the best of intentions. Who knew it would all go pear-shaped like it did?🙂

If they launched a brand new forum a lot of this content might, stress might, be lost, and/or people would lose stats. That could be controversial too, if that is a feature people feel is important. Changing up the layout of the forum and getting away from the comfortable one we're all so used to where we can find any section with our eyes closed could stir the pot. These are more comforting thoughts as far as upheaval to our beloved forums than the loss of it entirely.

RIP Rich Text Format

Ah yes, while it did take time to get used to, my problem with it was that you couldn't combine effects.
    With the BBCode, you can do a list in a quote in a spoiler for example.

I think if there's a new rich text experiment that allows to combine different things, maybe... It takes getting used to, that's for sure.

So, the idea isn't bad in my opinion.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I don’t know why they’d close this forum down — and I really hope they don’t. But I do wonder if they’re intending to move everything over to Answers HQ, given yesterday’s tweet (posted on this forum by @simgirl1010 ) inviting everyone to share their Halloween screenshots on a dedicated thread over there. That feels like competition…

I have lots of reasons why I wouldn’t want this forum to close. But having a look at Answers HQ just now reminded me how, from a purely ascetic point of view, I much prefer the visual appearance of this forum to Answers HQ. And screenshots look much better here, imo.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The forums were down yesterday and they were briefly down this morning. I don't think we have to worry about the discord as it wasn't announced yesterday.

The discord is probably related to the upcoming expansion not a discord server.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The forums were down yesterday and they were briefly down this morning. I don't think we have to worry about the discord as it wasn't announced yesterday.

The discord is probably related to the upcoming expansion not a discord server.

I'm starting to think that too...

I don't know what to expect. I fear that I don't know what to fear.

I'll just be bracing myself for the next week or the week after that then...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think people took that way too literally. "Everything" causes discord among simmers. There is discord going on now on Twitter surrounding the new leak so that sounds accurate lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm worried about losing the forums. With the disappearance from Google, forum bugs like posts not being marked read without a refresh, and forums going down entirely, it's not looking good.

Of the replacement options I would prefer Discord to Answers HQ. Can you even start a new thread at the latter? Not sure how discussion would work there. Discord at least allows for a community.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    Couldn't access forums yesterday and it didn't even show up when I google searched except for the french? section and when clicked that didn't work either it was so bizarre

I almost cry because I thought I was no longer able to complain about crop tops, discuss obvious dragon hints and share Vladdy pics here :(

I hope that if the forums one day go RIP we at least get like month heads up to back up the stories and such and form weird vladdy cults on other platforms
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2023
    Well I really really don't believe they are getting rid of the forums. Google search is only getting worse in every category. It's like they are wiping Google clean. I can't find 80% of the stuff I use to on Google and weird spammy sites come up instead of the regular sites and forums. I believe this is a Google issue. I'm 3 seconds away from perminately dropping Google altogether and looking for a better browser.

However, if they were for some reason to get rid of the forums I would be sad too. It's the only social media site that does not feel like a hectic crazy mess when trying to find things. I tried multiple times and I just cannot do discord. Everything moves too fast for my brain. No way to go and start from the beginning of a discussion. It's more like a random chatroom.
    And posts are so easily lost on Twitter. I love the forums.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Regarding of google... IRL friend of mine , who is in horse community around here, mentioned today that something must of been changed in google search recently, as she and others have had troubles finding things she used to do.

Nothing to do with sims, I apologize for off topic, but listening to her reminded me of this thread.

@Ellupelluellu This is 100% on topic. We've been wondering if the recent difficulties finding the forum are a sign that something's amiss with the forum. You're suggesting there might be something broader going on with goggle. I still think there's a possibility that we could be losing the forum, but I no longer think the google problems are evidence of that.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    The forums being down the last two mornings has been a reminder of how important this place is for dealing with my depression. I can come here and see my online friends and all their wonderful stories and it chases the blues and sadness away. This is where I’m the happiest.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2023
    Oh gosh! I am kind of happy forums are back now, but I kind of wanted to cry, this is a very interesting place for me and a safe space for many, I love seeing what other Simmers do in game like the picture threads <3

Addition: I was anxious as for why I couldn't access to forums but it was clearly down for other Simmers too. Happy it seems to be back again :)
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I think people took that way too literally. "Everything" causes discord among simmers. There is discord going on now on Twitter surrounding the new leak so that sounds accurate lol

OMG now it makes sense! So this EP ”leak” was the ”controversial discord” hint?! Well I am not saying it is intentionally planned by EA/Maxis, but even if it is, I love to get previews for new Sims 4 content this way. It is none of my business to criticize their potential ways to market and promote this game, I personally enjoy this game and I love how it is still going strong and has its own big fanbase <3 happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Couldn't access forums yesterday and it didn't even show up when I google searched except for the french? section and when clicked that didn't work either it was so bizarre

I almost cry because I thought I was no longer able to complain about crop tops, discuss obvious dragon hints and share Vladdy pics here :(

I hope that if the forums one day go RIP we at least get like month heads up to back up the stories and such and form weird vladdy cults on other platforms

It didn't show up for a duckduck go browser search either. The only link that came up said "page not found". I can access the categories and get to the forums from the page not found screen. But that, at least, is more than what I can find with google. I pretty much have to know the address to get to the forums now.

I will cry if I cannot read your complaints about crop tops. That's one of the things I really enjoy. :D
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Maybe they are going to be taking the forums down for a period of time every night and that's what it's about... like maybe they don't want to have to moderate 24/7. The past two nights the forums have been down but still accessible to read if you are logged out.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

It didn't show up for a duckduck go browser search either. The only link that came up said "page not found". I can access the categories and get to the forums from the page not found screen. But that, at least, is more than what I can find with google. I pretty much have to know the address to get to the forums now.

I will cry if I cannot read your complaints about crop tops. That's one of the things I really enjoy. :D

Well on bright side if forum did disappear maybe I would have actually gone to the therapist as I was supposed to instead of constantly bumping into @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and spilling the tea he did not ask for :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2023
    The forums being down the last two mornings has been a reminder of how important this place is for dealing with my depression. I can come here and see my online friends and all their wonderful stories and it chases the blues and sadness away. This is where I’m the happiest.

When they went down I immediately let TheSimsCommunication know on X.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    When the forums were down yesterday I put it on Answers HQ and @EA_Cade said it was a problem with the forum host and that they were looking into it — i.e. it wasn’t maintenance or routine.

Until I saw that response, I felt bereft. I’m not on Twitter/X, so I had no idea if it was a problem at my end or whether it was something everyone else knew about. I didn’t know where I could find out. And given all the talk there’s been here about closing the forum down, I realised how much I’d miss it, and how much I’d miss everyone I ‘meet’ here, and all the inspiration I get whenever I come here. It all sounds a bit overdramatic now, but I really felt that.

My head tells me there’s no way they’d shut the forum down without warning us all, given how much people put into sharing their amazing stories, builds, screenshots, ideas, etc. And I don’t think there’s any real reason to think they’d close it. I’ve had trouble finding this forum on Google for a long time — I used to only be able to find it by typing in a specific issue I had, rather than searching for the name of the forum itself. I have it bookmarked now.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Nooo now I really do think it could be about the forums shutting down, now that would indeed be controversial...

Why would it be controversial? Answers HQ has a dedicated Sims section which is very active. There are boards on this forum that have been locked and read-only for years.

apple-signature.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top