Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controversial news coming soon about TS4 (rumor)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope they aren't delaying the expansion. If they are they need to give us a big base game update with lots of new content.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    If Disney really wants to buy EA,they are going to have to sell some of its properties to other studios to avoid being labeled a monopoly.Like if they sold FOX to Warner Brothers...Muppets to Nickolodeon...Marvel to Universal,etc.

That's not how that works.It dosent matter if they own a bunch of properties.It matters if they own similar kind of property.

Like if they own marvel and want to buy dc that would be a monopoly of comics.Them owning a video game company won't effect others.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I have this sinking feeling that the news might have something to do with the gallery. Like maybe the newsfeed is never coming back. But, that's based on nothing but my own opinion on what I would personally find controversial and disappointing. However, it would explain the absence of any kind of update for many, months months on when that feature is coming back despite many of us practically begging for it over on AHQ.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I have this sinking feeling that the news might have something to do with the gallery. Like maybe the newsfeed is never coming back. But, that's based on nothing but my own opinion on what I would personally find controversial and disappointing. However, it would explain the absence of any kind of update for many, months months on when that feature is coming back despite many of us practically begging for it over on AHQ.

I think we were pretty upfront about the newsfeed being gone for a good chunk of time when it was removed in June. We're still working on it with the new gallery architecture and making as many improvements to the system as we can before it gets rolled back out.

I know how important it is for some as I've been following all the threads on AHQ about it, hopefully we'll have more to share sooner rather than later.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Hopefully it's not about adding disabilities to the game.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’m glad to hear that nothing is being delayed. This is why I generally dislike it when people tease inside information.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    I hope they aren't delaying the expansion. If they are they need to give us a big base game update with lots of new content.

Nothing is being delayed.
    I just wanna say thanks for always taking the time to talk to us and keep us updated on things. Even just a couple of posts in a thread means a lot.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2023
    While I love Disney movies, and products, I do not want Disney behind the sims. Journey to Batuu was like a bad mobile game, and I do not like how Disney Dreamlight Valley looks and is catering to a child like audience. Since Sims 1, they have always marketed mainly to young adults, with a little spill over to be family friendly. I see them moving in that direction more and more, especially with that last branding change image where, it looked cartoony and catered for children, not adults. Even images of Project Rene with the bubblehead sims makes me feel like I will never play that game. If its going all cartoony and catering to a extremely younger audience.

::Edit: no offense to anyone- I would like the Sims to stay consistent to it's brand and demographic age group, which is generally family friendly. If I want to Disney Dreamlight, I would play Disney Dreamlight. If I want to play minecraft, I would play minecraft. But I don't because I like the Sims and I don't want that to change.
    ::end of edit::

Some think the controversy might be subscription. I do not want to pay rent to play the Sims- sorry!

The say they are leaks. Anyone in their inner circle wouldn't leak unless they wanted them to. The leaks help them buy time to fix the loose ends, but not lose interest of the players.

I don't appreciate such vague leaks like this, that can means anything. Just a headache trying to guess and a waste of time. I would prefer transparency.

Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/qxb2zXjaHg8?si=N3VBrKruC1pyQxmv

ooo Discord! I would love this!!!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I just wanna say thanks for always taking the time to talk to us and keep us updated on things. Even just a couple of posts in a thread means a lot.

Now I feel bad I told the team to take out the dragons that were originally coming in the Simtimates Collection Kit :(

You sure it's wise to admit that? :pB)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    If its going all cartoony and catering to a audience with little to now mental capacity, it's really insulting to their current audience. I wouldn't play anymore.

Uh- can we not equate liking/playing games with cartoony art style with lack of mental capacity or specific age group? :sweat_smile:

I don't think playing realistic R rated games instead would make person any less childish or somehow tell of their immense mental capacity

then again sure maybe don't use same marketing tactics as the toy companies
    it would be nice to get actual information about the game and not just " look it changes color!" "have fun with friends!" "we are so cool!" *early 2000 toy advertisement flashbacks*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Okay here is my full speculation

The reason the news feed isn't back on the gallery yet is because they are prepping the gallery for the inclusion of worlds bc they are going to be dropping a create a world tool. The create a world tool is going to create a lot of discord because it's going to be part of the next Expansion pack. The neighborly Expansion is going to give you the ability to create neighborhoods.

Also there will be dragons because, why not.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Now I feel bad I told the team to take out the dragons that were originally coming in the Simtimates Collection Kit :(
    It's okay, dragons can just get their own expansion pack. That way, they can have gameplay AND wear revealing underwear.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Okay here is my full speculation

The reason the news feed isn't back on the gallery yet is because they are prepping the gallery for the inclusion of worlds bc they are going to be dropping a create a world tool. The create a world tool is going to create a lot of discord because it's going to be part of the next Expansion pack. The neighborly Expansion is going to give you the ability to create neighborhoods.

Also there will be dragons because, why not.

I love how this theory melds several theories into one! I’m on board! 😁
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    If its going all cartoony and catering to a audience with little to now mental capacity, it's really insulting to their current audience. I wouldn't play anymore.

Uh- can we not equate liking/playing games with cartoony art style with lack of mental capacity or specific age group? :sweat_smile:

I don't think playing realistic R rated games instead would make person any less childish or somehow tell of their immense mental capacity

then again sure maybe don't use same marketing tactics as the toy companies
    it would be nice to get actual information about the game and not just " look it changes color!" "have fun with friends!" "we are so cool!" *early 2000 toy advertisement flashbacks*

when i said "cartoony" thats how it's referred to by many compared to sims 3- objectively.
    While I like cartoony sometimes in the Sims 4- it's coming off way childish like with the werewolves and then with the Disney Dream like bubble head sims we saw-in my opinion- if I am allowed to have one.

I don't understand your point- if they are marketing to infants toddlers or and younger audience, It's not a similar capacity to it's current audience. While I can play with and enjoy a toy designed for a toddler, it's still designed for a toddler, and will be missing so any aspects of the Sims, I look for. My fear is they will gear to the new audience, expected to be children in the next five years, and not cater to the current audience. Like they took away home phones keeping up with the new generarion.

I edit it but my language was clear to not offend anyone. graphics are getting better for video games, and they present and overly simple graphic with primary shapes. That is marketed to toddlers age group. I don't even think toddlers or infants would like to play the sims.

Please don't misquote me-I deleted it because someone told me someone was offended- but honestly I'm offended by things other say and I dont get others to gang up on them for it.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 437 Member
    I think EA_Cade has answered every speculation except the Disney one...:/
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Breaking News! They're going to say something, and some people may not like it.
    Mmm . . . okay.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member

He hasn't responded to the discord or Disney theories. So it's one of those?
  • Options

Awesome. :)
  • Options

I don't think it has anything to do with Disney. It could be related to a patch we're getting in October that is adding something.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well if Disney does buy EA, I really hope that they keep Sims 4 growing. Also I would want the following in the game:
    Complete refresh of Journey to Batuu with the world opening up to about 9 livable lots & with Chewie sim, CP3O sim & more Star Wars CAS ;)
    Disney Princesses & Prince CAS from Babies to Adults & Outfits <3
    Pirates CAS from Babies to Adults :p
    Herbie the Love Bug (Yes playable cars) ;)
    Elliot's Dragon (Both Original & Remake Versions)
    Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Scrooge McDuck, Hewey, Louie, Dewey, Goofy & Max sims :D
    Cats & Dogs can talk like the sims :D
    Hercules, Meg, Pegasus & the Olympian Immortals <3
    Xmen, Advengers, Fantastic Four ;):p<3B)

And so forth, & so forth...
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

Thank goodness, can't wait to see what the upcoming EP is all about! <3
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not going to lie, I would LOVE to buy a Disney Princesses Kit and a Disney Prince Kit too, plz don't hate me :love::lol:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top