Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controversial news coming soon about TS4 (rumor)

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
Please take this with a huge grain of salt, but I have heard from a usually-reliable source (won't tell who they are for many reasons) that The Sims 4 will announce yet another controversial (possibly disappointing too?) news soon. I guess we will see if this happens, but get ready in case if it will. :disappointed:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Hmm. I guess any news could be controversial/disappointing for some, so I’m not really sure what this would mean. The Horse Ranch pack was very disappointing for a lot of players, but really great for many others.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Interesting to see what would be so controversial that there's a heads up on it already, though since it's not official but in-the-know, it should definitely be taken with that grain of salt you mentioned, if not a mountain.

Disappointing though? Sure.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    If simmatically isn't a ploy from the sims marketing department I will be really disappointed in their marketing team.

I'm hoping for the announcement of world packs. I have no reason to believe it will be that, I just really want world packs to be a thing.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I followed the shallow conversation on X and really nobody needs this kind of non-news (and what am I doing on X??).
  • Options
    There is a rumor going around that Disney bought The Sims (4), Simmer Erin made a video about it, I will send the link here below:
    https://youtu.be/c0JWA9EE0lA?si=mBlTmFCGBTDkgtOx
    Could this be the "controversial news that will cause a lot of discord between Simmers"?
  • Options
    I followed the shallow conversation on X and really nobody needs this kind of non-news (and what am I doing on X??).

Yess this is what I was talking about, my source told me this news since they knew I am no longer on X.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I mean, I looked through that guy's account and it just seems like a bunch of angry ramblings about nothing. It just seems like he hates TS4 and nothing about it would make him happy, so I'm going take whatever he says with a whole gallon of salt.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    so I'm going take whatever he says with a whole gallon of salt.

Whoa there buddy lets stay within healthy limits of salt consumption!

or maybe we should share the salt 🤔

*takes the salt and starts making gallon of popcorn with it*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I don’t know what the controversial news would be, and I don’t know how I feel about a rumoured Disney takeover, but I do think it’s strange that with a new EP due to be announced possibly in days there seem to have been no teasers, no clues, no hints (and no leaks) — it’s like there’s no excitement about what’s coming up? Or maybe it’s just because I’m not on formerly-known-as-Twitter that I just haven’t seen any of this.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Disney crossovers I'd like to see:

- CAS princess dresses and hair.
    - Castle BB items and textures.
    - evil step mom aspirations
    - Marvel superhero CAS items
    - Pixie Hollow fairies

Disney crossovers I don't want to see:

- Pixar Cars instead of driveable cars
    - A ratatouille cooking pack
    - Winnie the Pooh or Tigger GP
    - Talking animals sidekicks
    - Dwayne Johnson Jungle Cruise GP
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    There is a rumor going around that Disney bought The Sims (4), Simmer Erin made a video about it, I will send the link here below:

Could this be the "controversial news that will cause a lot of discord between Simmers"?

They usually announce such company and franchise sales in a press release. Maybe the controversial news, involving Disney, is another pack in the style of Batuu.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited October 2023
    If Disney already took over TS4 it would be on the news long ago. Rest assured that this is nothing to waste time on.

PS: These days I feel some SoMe ppl get kind of desperate for clicks. I think the on ly intention of starting this rumor is to get clicks. Aaaand - I am *not* clicking on anything regarding unverified rumors.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited October 2023
    Disney crossovers I'd like to see:

- CAS princess dresses and hair.
    - Castle BB items and textures.
    - evil step mom aspirations
    - Marvel superhero CAS items
    - Pixie Hollow fairies

Disney crossovers I don't want to see:

- Pixar Cars instead of driveable cars
    - A ratatouille cooking pack
    - Winnie the Pooh or Tigger GP
    - Talking animals sidekicks

It would be kind of cute to see some stuffed animals, and dolls for children sims from some of the Disney movies though. And if they do take it over I certainly hope they give us a livable neighborhood in Batuu….,

And if you think about it, I wonder if this was already in the works by the time cottage living came out? The scene in the trailer where the girl was talking to the birds reminded me of a Disney movie….. even her hair style did….
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don’t know what the controversial news would be, and I don’t know how I feel about a rumoured Disney takeover, but I do think it’s strange that with a new EP due to be announced possibly in days there seem to have been no teasers, no clues, no hints (and no leaks) — it’s like there’s no excitement about what’s coming up? Or maybe it’s just because I’m not on formerly-known-as-Twitter that I just haven’t seen any of this.

I expect a teaser today.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member

I expect a teaser today.

have we had teasers on wednesdays though?
    I thought its more of a tuesday thing
    or maybe I got my days mixed :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2023
    The fact that there hasn’t been any leaks or teasers for the new expansion pack when it should be coming out in the next month or so makes me a little worried that this announcement is about it being delayed.

However, it could very well be about Disney because I’m currently in the middle of the Disney Princess challenge, & the OCD in me will hate that I didn’t have the correct hair & outfits, LOL.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    The fact that there hasn’t been any leaks or teasers for the new expansion pack when it should be coming out in the next month or so makes me a little worried that this announcement is about it being delayed.

However, it could very well be about Disney because I’m currently in the middle of the Disney Princess challenge, & the OCD in me will hate that I didn’t have the correct hair & outfits, LOL.

Speaking of Disney princesses, I think an Aladdin inspired EP might be fun.
  • Options
    SimDork23 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind if the news was that the EP was being delayed. I feel like we've had plenty of good content lately, so that would be fine with me. :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    A delay would be fine with me, too, especially if they gave us enough teasers so that we can actually start planning a bit. A world map would be perfect, but I'm not holding my breath...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    If it's SimMatically, I think it's fine to name-drop him. He makes all his posts publicly on his main account and has had no problem dropping hints and leaks to people.

Given how some of his hints are often misleading or rely on puns, and he later said that there's "nothing to worry about," I'm thinking the wording here is intentional. We're probably getting official Discord servers for sims fans. Since you could just use your regular Discord account to access it, it would be more accessible for people than making an entirely new account on a forum.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

Heyy, I could take that :pB)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    If it's SimMatically, I think it's fine to name-drop him. He makes all his posts publicly on his main account and has had no problem dropping hints and leaks to people.

Given how some of his hints are often misleading or rely on puns, and he later said that there's "nothing to worry about," I'm thinking the wording here is intentional. We're probably getting official Discord servers for sims fans. Since you could just use your regular Discord account to access it, it would be more accessible for people than making an entirely new account on a forum.

All that, and not a single dragon reference? I'm disappointed.
    I ACTUALLY DID HAVE ONE

I wrote about how having a Discord server would give me a new opportunity to post to a larger audience about dragons. But I accidentally deleted it when I deleted another note about Argentina.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    I heard a rumour somewhere else, about something un sims related, that Disney is buying EA! I'm ok with that, could be interesting!

If there is a delay with the next EP, I will be disappointed but only because i'm greedy af for new sims content hahahaha
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    If Disney really wants to buy EA,they are going to have to sell some of its properties to other studios to avoid being labeled a monopoly.Like if they sold FOX to Warner Brothers...Muppets to Nickolodeon...Marvel to Universal,etc.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top