Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite pet in Sims 4? ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿถ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฆ™

Comments

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    other (let us know in the comments below)
    I'm shocked and disgusted that the mini bubalus didn't make the list.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    @SheriSim57 Iโ€™m so sorry to hear about your cat - itโ€™s truly dreadful when you lose them. But that was a good age! I had a cat who made it to a month short of 20. Iโ€™m a real cat lover (no surprise given my avatar) and Iโ€™ve pretty much always had a cat in my life. Iโ€™m actually typing this with my fur ball trying to sit on my shoulder (his favourite spot).

Iโ€™m another one who shares the unpopular opinion that My First Pet Stuff is a great pack! I can see why people didnโ€™t like it being tied to Cats and Dogs, but itโ€™s one of the stuff packs I use the most. In my game I give rodents to adults, not just kids. Iโ€™ve had hamsters as an adult, so why not? :)

• Options
    LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    Llama
    I hesitated between the llama and the werewolf but itโ€™s the llama that wins. I love taking care of it on my farms :3
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Cows
    Cows were being left behind, so I had to vote for them! Little upkeep and they give yummy milk, what could be better?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I don't play a lot with pets in the game. I'm usually so busy with my sims, I end up forgetting about the family pet. They usually run away before I remember I have one.

For the sake of the poll though, I'll say dogs. Dogs are my favorite in real life too, with cats as a very close second.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Dogs
    This is Coco. She is modeled after my dog Coco, a Border Collie, who crossed the rainbow bridge 2 years ago.

aLR9CNL.png

NI6GscP.jpg

And our current furbaby, Luna, an English Shepherd, who'll soon join my sim family.
    7RBsXE8.png

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    Cats
    @simgirl1010 , both dogs look adorable <3 Luna has real "puppy eyes" there <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Dogs
    @Ellupelluellu thanks! Can't wait to get Luna in game. Hopefully I'll be able to find something close on the Gallery.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Horses
    Surprise! Horses for me.

However dogs are very close to being tied. Fav's German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Goats/sheep
    Aw Lenny, I expected our minis would get more love. :D

I love them for all the reasons you stated, plus I get a warm fuzzy with the goats and sheep following my sim around. Heck, I even got rid of the stairs so they could all come in when it was freezing cold...could not let them sleep out in the yard, lol.

I don't get pets for my sims, yes I know, I'm a micromanager and you cannot micromanage if there is no control, hence no pets. I have had several dogs for my sims, and tried cats. Cats are my fav rl animal as I have 2 beautiful fur babies...but not in the sims, gah!

I love the Cats and Dogs pack, their b/b is wonderful and I use a lot of it, even over cc sometimes...just don't play the pets.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Dogs
    In real life I prefer cats but in the sims there isn't as much to do with them. I don't have horses or goats in my game yet, and none of the others have quite as many interactions as the dogs. I miss being able to train cats and dogs for pet jobs, and being able to encouage bad behaviors back in sims 2.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves are simply the best, regardless of what we classify them as. No matter what kind of save I want to play, more often than not I manage to shoehorn a werewolf in, since they are fun to play and utterly cute. I hadn't expected the pack to remain that addictive, but here we are.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    Goats/sheep
    Results of the poll on my tumblr after one week from 64 votes.
    In coparison a screenshot from the poll here below. Taken a few minutes ago (70 votes in one week).
    Cats won both polls with ~30% - tumblr is more horse and werewolf friendly ;)

0555c18a0a36cdf1c4b5e505ac6d7d743d865569.jpg

8b1735552b82d5a06fdb82e348265fd47a99feec.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited September 2023
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Too hard to choose just one! Cats, dogs, horses and the hedgehog/rat are my top 4
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited September 2023
    Dogs
    Dogs. Iโ€™m not big on farm animals whereas I love dogs, lol.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    Rabbits
    Well...here's to one good thing about having to start a new account cause my old email doesnt work anymore: I got to vote for bunnyrabbits twice B)
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    Chicken
    I personally love how cute chickens are and how easy it is to reliably farm their eggs for the gold/obsidian moodlets. On an entirely different note, I also really adore how corgis, collies, shibas and huskies look in cats and dogs
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Cats
    Cats
    No matter in game or reality
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    IRL I have had 5 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 1 hamster

in The Sims I often choose pets I can't really have IRL
    so first pick would be Dragon alas, we do not have one in TS4

then I don't really know how to rank
    because one part of me is like " biggest pet available"
    but another part of me is like "that dog your dad never let you have"

but also there is the third (or 4th?) option of:
    whichever pet I feel suits the particular household

for example I don't think sim me would have much fun with rodents
    but I can definitely tell theres some households that would love to have em :innocent:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    Cats
    For me, it's very close between cats and dogs. Cats are so cute! (I have one IRL) but the dogs are a lot of fun to play with too, if a little harder to care for in game.

Something I wanted to say about the cats in the sims 4 as a cat owner IRL (Do we really own cats, or do cats own us lol. It seems that way sometimes): they're very accurately made! Maxis did a great job with their behavior and animations! Wish my IRL cat would sing while I play the piano like my sims cat does for guitar. (That's my favorite animation for the sims cats)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Wish my IRL cat would sing while I play the piano like my sims cat does for guitar. (That's my favorite animation for the sims cats)

Once I was singing a song and my cat start purring across the room that is about the biggest compliment I have received for my nonexistent musical talents

or maybe it was insult
    as in you wound my ears human I now have to emit healing tunes for myself

who knows it shall remain mystery

I have however not been joined in my bad singing yet either :( maybe one day
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    For me, it's very close between cats and dogs. Cats are so cute! (I have one IRL) but the dogs are a lot of fun to play with too, if a little harder to care for in game.

Something I wanted to say about the cats in the sims 4 as a cat owner IRL (Do we really own cats, or do cats own us lol. It seems that way sometimes): they're very accurately made! Maxis did a great job with their behavior and animations! Wish my IRL cat would sing while I play the piano like my sims cat does for guitar. (That's my favorite animation for the sims cats)

I agree, the cats are so well done. โค๏ธ I've been serving the feline royalty for many years now, and I think the devs nailed it. I just wish the illnesses could be turned off. I keep the healthy treats in supply but whenever I change households, the cats get sick pretty quickly and it gets a little tedious. I wish cheating their needs healed them.

But I do love them. ๐Ÿ˜ป
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2023
    Cats
    Ferrets and degus <3
    (I wish we had them)
    But really, I chose cats, I am planning to put some cats and maybe even small dogs in my future game saves/households <3
    Post edited by ULIBABA66 on
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Dogs
    In real life, dogs for life. But I love birds too. :)
    :) Smile!