Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Horse ranch negative discussion.

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Does the pack come with likes/dislikes for horseriding?
    Yeah it does, nectar making aswell.

I really thought the horse ranch pack having added a new campfire, the sims team would have revisit the frequency of fires. But no, if you have seating snapped your campfire, it WILL catch fire everyday.
    So I have to move benches and logs away and sims will kneel in the dirt, to keep my sanity intact.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    jolly1995 wrote: »
    I wish horseriding would interact with the "fun"socialbar for my sim, especially if one of the trait is horse lover. Also it could help increase the fitness

Does the pack come with likes/dislikes for horseriding? For some other activities giving a sim the corresponding like, let's them increase fun with that activity. I use this trick all the time for painting and writing.

Ah, that makes sense, as all the sims I've played with horses so far definitely gain fun when they ride.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited August 2023
    Sims do not walk through other Sims. Why do horses?
    It would be so easy to achieve since they already did it with the Sims.
    But they don't. Why? 😭
    (Do cats and dogs walk through Sims and other cats/dogs?)
    e5e6a1a9e2872df7a3328a59e054db5aef0a9721.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    Does that confirm that this is the shallowest EP yet? No overarching new gameplay system (Milestones, Clubs, Lifestyles etc.), few new gameplay aside from horses and nectar making, mostly rabbitholes.

At least they seem to have gotten the horses part good! But the rest... It's empty.

Please EA give the sims team more budget

I agree. While I love the world, I think it's my new favorite, and the horses are just a dream to play, I am underwhelmed with the lack of gameplay. No new systems, when there totally could have been,

Like the stables parked in from of the equestrian center, that should have been a new lot type, and its totally boring going there- nothing to do. Great set dressing, but while not make it stables where sims on vacation or who dont have horses could rent horses, or horse owner club meetings with events.

Let's not talk about the rabbithole equestrian center. All that work and you dont even get to see the fruits of you labor, which would be radically fun. The could have made it like visiting the studios in get famous or go to work active careers. I really wanted horses races, and betting and stadium seating for spectators not involved as a thing to do.. And still would like a stadium to show dogs, - I wish showing dogs (and cats) could be a refresh.

The nectar making kills me, because so much potential. Vineyard should be a new lot. Someone owns a vineyard and can have wine tasting and selling there. EVen host weddings. Wedding stories refresh would be cool because that's a perfect place for a vineyard.

Also, the dead town. Like ghost there not an inside joke from the developers because theres nothing to do there. everything looks amazing but just set dressing. I wish get to work could have a refresh, and after you get so far in your skill, you unlock some of these storefronts to own and even make a nectar store in the community. like why not?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited August 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Does that confirm that this is the shallowest EP yet? No overarching new gameplay system (Milestones, Clubs, Lifestyles etc.), few new gameplay aside from horses and nectar making, mostly rabbitholes.

At least they seem to have gotten the horses part good! But the rest... It's empty.

I agree. While I love the world, I think it's my new favorite, and the horses are just a dream to play, I am underwhelmed with the lack of gameplay. No new systems, when there totally could have been,

Like the stables parked in from of the equestrian center, that should have been a new lot type, and its totally boring going there- nothing to do. Great set dressing, but while not make it stables where sims on vacation or who dont have horses could rent horses, or horse owner club meetings with events.

Let's not talk about the rabbithole equestrian center. All that work and you dont even get to see the fruits of you labor, which would be radically fun. The could have made it like visiting the studios in get famous or go to work active careers. I really wanted horses races, and betting and stadium seating for spectators not involved as a thing to do.. And still would like a stadium to show dogs, - I wish showing dogs (and cats) could be a refresh.

The nectar making kills me, because so much potential. Vineyard should be a new lot. Someone owns a vineyard and can have wine tasting and selling there. EVen host weddings. Wedding stories refresh would be cool because that's a perfect place for a vineyard.

Also, the dead town. Like ghost there not an inside joke from the developers because theres nothing to do there. everything looks amazing but just set dressing. I wish get to work could have a refresh, and after you get so far in your skill, you unlock some of these storefronts to own and even make a nectar store in the community. like why not?

Would have been nice if they added a nectar festival where we could buy and sell nectar, test nectar and enter nectar competitions. Instead of bottling nectar directly from the wine press (that is grape juice by the way), it should have gone in nectar barrels and aged there until it becomes nectar and afterwards it would have been bottled and labelled. So we could maybe get 10 bottles of same quality nectar from one barrel. After bottling it we could store it in the shelves for extra aging.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Can't in good faith even buy this pack because it feels more like a game pack than anything. Would love to have nectar making, but how can I when the dang GARDENING bug STILL exists. How can anyone enjoy it if you always have your plants constantly resetting to it's first stage?

There needs to be a few more things in this pack for it to be passable for a EP for me and not just horses and yee-haw aesthetics.

-More items/gameplay for children
    (Toddler rocking horse, Some stuffed horse toys for kids to play with, Riding lessons for kids or making it a afterschool activity or club, Riding horse toy with a stick for them to pretend to ride horses, Game of bandits much like cops and robbers)
    -Mechanical Riding Bull
    -New crops (Would have liked to see corn introduced here and maybe wheat as well)
    -Haystack Woohoo (like why isn't there any in this pack???))
    -Square dancing (Would have liked to see more dances with sims dancing with one another in couples and not just line dancing or dancing near one another.)
    -Dance Night/Line dance competition
    -Pool table/Poker Table

I do love the build/buy but not $40 worth for me for that and CAS. Has about the same aesthetics to Strangerville when I look at CAS and Build/buy

I’d love to see more things for the toddlers and children too, and some more new crops. You might be able to use the club system that comes with get together to make a children’s riding club. And my sims use the card table to play “poker “.
  • Options

Is it just me who thinks it's weird that we get two bottles of milk by milking tiny goats.
    3e97f5f204839050176ca18f73f5e4b8d08931b7.jpg

And only one bottle of nectar out of this large tub?
    911b8e94acb60103de3123e674b5b0a0744b5312.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Is it just me who thinks it's weird that we get two bottles of milk by milking tiny goats.
    3e97f5f204839050176ca18f73f5e4b8d08931b7.jpg

911b8e94acb60103de3123e674b5b0a0744b5312.jpg

Milking of the tiny goats that drink milk bottles is weird and creepy. Regarding the wine press, I am happy that at least it helps reduce inventory, you add 3 grapes and get one bottle in return. Would have been nice if they made it so we could add 100 grapes and maybe fill a large barrel and from there maybe fill 10 bottles. But I am happy that they have started to add items that reduce inventory and let us put gardens to good use. This way I can have a semblance of a wine yard and can actually use up the grapes and not have to worry of what to do with the extra produce.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

I sure wish you could rent a stable for your horses, that way people who owned small lots or lived in the apartments could have a horse because they could rent a stable. Or like you said people on vacation could actually rent a horse. I’m having to move my people out of their apartments just so they can own a horse. And, why did they not make more 30 x 40 lots instead of 20 x 30 lots in Chestnut Ridge as horses need a bit of roaming space?

I am assuming horse riding was put into the club system of get together. If not, I would say that’s a big mistake! I haven’t yet given my sims their horses as I have been setting up their homes/stables.

And when it comes to rabbit holes, I just plain don’t like them. That’s why I just gave up on the sims 3 after gettin mg the base game. I loved the get to work careers because they weren’t rabbit holes. That pack sold me on the sims 4 because we could actually go to a work place. And if they do do a refresh on Get to Work, I hope they make the work lot just like the school lot where it can easily be replaced or even just slightly altered without using cheats. I’d also like to see a simple clothing lot trait where you have to buy stuff to open up that piece of clothing, jewelry, glasses etc., also give us racks where we can pick any clothing item we want, jewelry/accessory counters to pick jewelry, glasses, etc., shoe racks, and hat racks to pick those things from. I also want to see produce bins where we can get our produce from. Some grocery store shelves, and the ability to sell sugar, flour, mayonnaise, milk, eggs, etc. a grocery store owner should be able to buy all of that stuff from a catalogue ( supplier ), if you own the pack that that stuff came in, same with produce, if you own Get to Work, you should be able to sell anything from other packs without having to be able to make it, or grow it, like candles and special furniture from eco living, honey from seasons, produce from the various packs you own, from bins etc. and, we need a costume slot, just like we have a slot for hot and cold weather, so we can have costume parties where our rotated sims can show up in the costumes we gave them, or show up to the Geek con festival in city living in the costumes we picked.

Ok, getting back to horses, horse racing would have been a nice thing to add too, but it would have probably been a rabbit hole too, but, at least we might have been able to have a famous horse.

This would have been a great pack to add a bed and breakfast along with wine testing. I can Imagine what a nice vacation world Chestnut Ridge could have been if the had added rentable horses, a bed and breakfast lot, and a wine tasting lot…..

That being said, I do like that they gave us some ways to make money in the pack, teaching riding lessons, renting out goats etc. even if they are rabbit holes.

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2023

[/img]

To be fair, the bottle of nectar is arguably twice the size of the milk bottle, maybe even a bit more, and you often get two bottles of nectar at a time.

Plus, in real life, when you are making things like fruit juice or wine, there's always a lot of stuff that gets strained out that doesn't make it into the bottle: grape skins, peach pits, etc. I mean, in real life, it would take way more than three grapes to make a bottle of wine. But it would be obnoxiously realistic to have to put in thousands of grapes to get back several bottles of wine. So the way they did it seems like a perfectly reasonable compromise to me.
  • Options

I didn't read the whole thread and it probably got mentioned before, but it's so disappointing.

ff24ecfcd321201e72d80385bf6056ce6178b5be.jpg
    I'm about to create our first horses. And I don't know much about horses.
    But one thing I know is, that there are small horses and big horses.

But EA doesn't even know that...
    Or they will claim that the ingame Welsh Cob is very tall and the Clydesdale is very small for their breed...
    f37722e16ce2239be1c0684f996318b7d3942efa.jpg
    Welsh Cob:
    The breed ranges from 11 hands (44 inches, 112 cm) for the smallest ponies to over 16 hands (64 inches, 163 cm) for the tallest Cobs.

Clydesdale:
    Adult male Clydesdales measure 17 to 19 hands (1.7-1.9 m or 5.7-6.3 ft.). Adult females measure 16 to 18 hands (1.6-1.7 m or 5.3-5.7 ft.).

I mean we even had small dogs and big dogs. And small children and big children. Why?
    3f97fe9fe030adb1f66cb70c64ebab666f78d505.pnj

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I mean we even had small dogs and big dogs. And small children and big children. Why?

My guess? They didn’t have time for or didn’t want to do the extra work. It would have required additional animations for the various types of sims interacting with small horses. And they’d probably have to add some unique interactions (e.g., training) for small horses to make up for the fact that adult sims wouldn’t be able to ride them. Otherwise, they might as well be goats, lol.

Let’s not forget that when the so-called livestream aired a week before the pack release, they admitted they were still working on it and some things might be left out. I bet there was plenty on the cutting room floor already by the time they said that.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I didn't read the whole thread and it probably got mentioned before, but it's so disappointing.

ff24ecfcd321201e72d80385bf6056ce6178b5be.jpg
    I'm about to create our first horses. And I don't know much about horses.
    But one thing I know is, that there are small horses and big horses.

But EA doesn't even know that...
    Or they will claim that the ingame Welsh Cob is very tall and the Clydesdale is very small for their breed...
    f37722e16ce2239be1c0684f996318b7d3942efa.jpg
    Welsh Cob:
    The breed ranges from 11 hands (44 inches, 112 cm) for the smallest ponies to over 16 hands (64 inches, 163 cm) for the tallest Cobs.

Clydesdale:
    Adult male Clydesdales measure 17 to 19 hands (1.7-1.9 m or 5.7-6.3 ft.). Adult females measure 16 to 18 hands (1.6-1.7 m or 5.3-5.7 ft.).

3f97fe9fe030adb1f66cb70c64ebab666f78d505.pnj

I think that would took extra work.The fact is you can't ride them.
  • Options
    Rocket98Rocket98 Posts: 5 New Member
    I can't get Horse Ranch to download. It said it was but the world is grayed out and says that it is preordered and not yet available. I have looked for an answer and am so frustrated!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Rocket98 wrote: »
    I can't get Horse Ranch to download. It said it was but the world is grayed out and says that it is preordered and not yet available. I have looked for an answer and am so frustrated!

Did you try repairing the EA app? If on Windows, bring up the main task screen (2nd screen where you see all installed apps) and look for "EA App recovery" or something liked that. Might also restart your computer afterwards.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    > @Simmerville said:
    > Did you try repairing the EA app? If on Windows, bring up the main task screen (2nd screen where you see all installed apps) and look for "EA App recovery" or something liked that. Might also restart your computer afterwards.

Oh I was so sure this would work! But sadly, after it re-downloaded the game without my prompting, it was exactly the same. It says it is preordered and the game is not downloaded yet. Thank you so much anyway! Anyone know how to get in touch with EA in less than 72 hours?
  • Options
    @Rocket98 Here is the -> EA Help Center
    There you can get help. Very fast and very friendly.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2023
    I feel like this pack had a miss opportunity of not adding renting horses. I mean if you are going to make the world able to vacation in you should be able to rent horses.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Thanks! I have now asked there. I hope they help me! I am just getting sad! Everything I click on has an ad for that game! I waited a month to have time to play....uggg!
  • Options
    Lightning strikes the prairie grass patches and destroys them quite often. Would be nice if it didn't because it's annoying always going back to build mode to replace them. Maybe they could code them so they grow back by themselves after a day or so. Also, animals don't seek shelter during rain and are happy to just sit there. Would be nice if they didn't sit out in the rain unnecessarily, especially as they have a stable.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Oh, we've got unicorns if you don't mind dressing your horse up with a horn and let them play fantasy. OOFFDDAA.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2023
    Baby carriers for infant aren't allowed on horses.

I thought baby carrier was designed to let infants follow their parent everywhere.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2023
    In my opinion, the Equestrian Center could have been a huge playable lot that was a boarding stable, training facility, and competition venue all in one, as opposed to the current setup of it being a rabbit hole and Duke's Hall across the road (which is not a boarding stable). It's a massive missed flagship feature.

The features it could've allowed.

Boarding horses, as not all Sims live on a lot big enough to house a horse, and well it takes time to retrofit other lots to have horses.

Active competitions with other Sims and their horses, which Sims could also watch.

Horse Trainer active career. Heck, we don't even have it as a rabbit hole career, only for NPCs.

Possible cross-pack compatibility with Cats and Dogs and Sims who run a veterinary practice.

And yet, Strangerville's lab is on a huge lot, not a rabbithole, and central to the plot.