Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    If you disable "Temperature effects on sims" in the game options, your sims will no longer get the freezing moodlets and cannot die from cold, but they will still do the shivering animation.

I play with temperature effects on in regular gameplay, but this is so useful for scripted stories!

Die from too cold or too hot. Yes. I turned it off because the NPC's were too stoopid and dying regularly. :D

Keep in mind the Sims can still get the uncomfortable moodlet from extreme temperature. Unless they get one the reward traits to counter that. ;)

EDIT: Oh and also, it doesn't matter what a Sim has in their Hot or Cool outfit slot(s). As long as they are wearing that, they are "ok". heh heh! You could have underwear in the cold weather outfit slot, and in freezing temperatures... they're fine!

Oh, not only NPC's in my game...one of my teens visited his GF from Little Falls Nook to LaSuli point...then when I sent him home he managed to SWIM home in freezing cold. I had no way to stop him in time. Tbh that family is totally chaotic, him and his 2 brothers always doing the opposite what would be good for them. Is there a storm outside? Sure, why not play football and then getting scared. Is it the middle of the summer? Sure, let that fireplace goin'!
    Also I was wondering how the f one of the teen Goth's died (I totally forgot his name) bc he was my teen's friend so I looked it up...sure enough, from freezing lol.
    Then the Watson family started to drop dead so I was curious again and looked it up (sorry, this is not about temperature but I have to share it lol) - Thomas died bc of anger and Rashida got killed by a chicken. I mean, it's kind of accurate and funny but at one point I had to disable accidental deaths because all my beloved NPC's started dying from stupid reasons + the Prince family is just too obsessed with babies.
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Sorry if someone mentioned this, but I just learned the other day that you can adjust Sims' posture in CAS! There's a drag option along their upper back that goes up/down and changes if they're slouching or standing up straight. I've had this game ever since the CAS demo originally dropped and only just learned about this option like a week ago!

I'll have to look at that today. I don't know if I knew and have just forgotten.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Not sure if this goes here or would be better in a tips and tricks post but I couldn't find the latter.

When you want to place an object on a piece of furniture that doesn't have a slot you can use crtl+9 and crtl+0 to adjust the hight (with MOO active). But sometimes the height just doesn't match no matter what you do. There is a mod called the red shelf (video explaning how it works here) but now there is a mod free way to do the same. You place the modular DHD shelf against a wall on the right height (use alt). Then you slot the object you want to the shelf. After that you move it to the right location with MOO active. The object will remember the height it had while one the shelf. I basically do the same as msGryphi explains in her video but with content in the game instead of a modded object.

CGjfLj8.png
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks for the tip. Very useful!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Who knew Vlad was the presenter on the Brainchild Learning TV channel? LOL.

07-12-23_8-42-51-PM.png?rlkey=z62db5jh7c8gylkyk5wvw3s09&dl=0
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Who knew Vlad was the presenter on the Brainchild Learning TV channel? LOL.

07-12-23_8-42-51-PM.png?rlkey=z62db5jh7c8gylkyk5wvw3s09&dl=0

I guess that’s a reference to Count von Count from Sesame Street!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_von_Count
  • Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Oh, awesome!! I am so gonna try that. Love this thread!

Unfortunately, while the plants in the open world increase to perfect quality the harvestables are still normal quality.

[/quote]

now that just sad
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    This is more of a "TIL" thing.

Amy Prescott is from HSY and is the daughter of the Principle. I thought she was a townie from some older pack. She's literally the first person from Copperdale that Ersa met and befriended.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    This has most likely been discovered years ago but I never took much notice of the feathers before... :D Now I have discovered completely by accident that they turn into some lovely artwork!

9hlJEQA.png
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    This has most likely been discovered years ago but I never took much notice of the feathers before... :D Now I have discovered completely by accident that they turn into some lovely artwork!

9hlJEQA.png

I had no idea! Those are beautiful, I'll start working on that collection now :) Or cheat, since I don't want to deal with the pets. Thank you!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    Not so much "I didn't know" but have never seen it before. These two things happened on the same day (Spooky Day).

My cat and dog got into a fight after both being called to eat their separate meals. They've always gotten along great, so I have no idea what the issue was. The little cat lost and immediately ran away! 😞

embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113079&authkey=%21AF4mhvuAP4NgZYo&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113080&authkey=%21ABmRs3d7-WvR678&width=450&height=192

And then I caught Judith opening my sims' beehive. I thought she was going to steal honey, but she shook the frame and "irritated" the bees. I was hoping she'd get stung, but no such luck. Next time... 😠

embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113078&authkey=%21ADqS2d-0ClLZqYA&width=1920&height=1080
    img
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Cherryrose_x wow, I did not know about that! They look great, I will have to stop throwing away the feathers!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Where do you guys get feathers?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Feathers are a collectible in Brindleton Bay, and cats or dogs can sometimes bring them home as a gift for their owner, I believe. I knew there was a reward for finding all of them, but not what it was.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

9hlJEQA.png

I think there's 12 all together and once you have them all you can make a cool owl statue.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Wow @Behappy1st that's cool! I haven't bothered with them at all. I am going to make an effort to find them now for my new artwork and this owl statue.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Foals can nurse from any mare (adult female), not just their mother! This is Mojave (mare) and Emily (foal), both purchased horses (not rescue). I got Emily first, but since I play on Long lifespan and it's a while till she ages up, I got Mojave so that my Sims could start horse riding.

mNWxmEM.jpg
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Huh. Just learned that kids can't drink fizzy juice. I thought they were supposed to be like soft drinks, so I can't imagine why they'd be limited to teens and older.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Today I learned you can have a science baby with the Flower Bunny if you add her to the household temporarily using cheats. You only see the option when you're controlling the bunny, not the other parent.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    Today I learned you can have a science baby with the Flower Bunny if you add her to the household temporarily using cheats. You only see the option when you're controlling the bunny, not the other parent.

@Daephene Ooo... Does that mean it might be possible with the Grim Reaper??
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @mightysprite I'm unsure if that would affect his role as the reaper in the long term or not. To be honest I don't know if my game is going to create a new Flower Bunny because I temporarily added her to my family or if I removed her fast enough that she went right back to her role. When I used the same cheats with Patchy to try for baby, once I removed him from the family he went right back to acting like a normal Patchy, but he was already a resident of the lot in a way.

To clarify, I'm using the shift-click cheat to Add to Family, controlling the newly added sim to access the create a baby option (I could use try for baby with Patchy because he's male, science baby was necessary for the Flower Bunny if I didn't want to keep her in the family during her pregnancy), and then immediately using the shift-click cheat to remove them from the family once I had a positive pregnancy test/the science baby was one the lot.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited August 2023
    Not sure about the Flower Bunny, but I have the Grim Reaper as a played sim in my save, and he even had a child with a vampire lady. His NPC role was not affected by this, as that same Grim Reaper would still show up whenever someone died in other households. (I could tell by him having the same personality and acquaintances.) Only when there was a death in his own home, a different Grim Reaper appeared to clean up the mess, and that new one took over the old one's job competely from then on. So you can play as the Grim Reaper and/or have a baby with him while still keeping him in his role as long as no one dies while you're controlling him.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I just found an in-game way to fast-track a pregnancy. Cassandra Goth was pregnant with her husband Victor Feng's baby, but I wanted to see what a baby would like with her and her BFF/roomie Kinsey Collette. Chose "Make Science Baby with Kinsey", annnd what happens? Victor and Cassandra have a baby! She wasn't even aware of the baby yet, I just knew because of MCC.
  • Options
    Apparently, if one of your Sims is in the Doctor career, they can click on their partner and choose "Check Hotness" under the Flirtation menu in Romance. It's a similar animation to "Caress Cheek", and seemed to end with a little tickle under the chin. In this photo, my female Sim Mary is the one in the Doctor career, specifically at level 5 (Assistant Nurse), which is apparently when the interaction appears.

HKVDFAz.jpg
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Neat! It's always fun when unique interactions get unlocked through careers, specific traits, etc. It keeps each sim unique.
    Apparently, if one of your Sims is in the Doctor career, they can click on their partner and choose "Check Hotness" under the Flirtation menu in Romance. It's a similar animation to "Caress Cheek", and seemed to end with a little tickle under the chin. In this photo, my female Sim Mary is the one in the Doctor career, specifically at level 5 (Assistant Nurse), which is apparently when the interaction appears.

HKVDFAz.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top