Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Heyah guys! If your sim gets abducted by an alien, they can talk about it via "Tell Epic Tale" and they have speech bubbles that match lol

mUWtAuT.png

myW07zv.png

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    There are at least two sets of ghosts at Von Haunt estate. Discovered that over the weekend when sent a sim there to check on the garden. Encountered Mimsy, started chatting, and got the relationship built up a bit. Later in the day, sim was in the house when Mimsy came in. Needed to do the introduction all over again. Now there are two Mimsy panels in the relationships, one per Mimsy. Very odd.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @Oldeseadogge I have two Mimsys in my San Myshuno game as well! No idea if that happens in every save?
    ghosts-2-mimsys.png
    gen3-banner.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Something can trigger a live-in nanny offering her services. I'm not sure what it is, but I had a teen mother move into the trailer where her teen lover was with the two babies, and the nanny popup happened.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    xoJessi wrote: »
    Heyah guys! If your sim gets abducted by an alien, they can talk about it via "Tell Epic Tale" and they have speech bubbles that match lol

mUWtAuT.png

myW07zv.png

I love the other woman’s pumpkin beret!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member

However, it only seems to work once. When you give more to the Grim Reaper, he will instead start questioning your sim's hobby.

So not something to rely upon...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @EgonVM you can remly on it for one reset. Sometimes once is enough. 🙂
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    @EgonVM you can remly on it for one reset. Sometimes once is enough. 🙂

True... True... Especially on long lifespan setting...

Grim Reaper does have some unique details with him, from special responses to questions about his career or if he's single, special dialogue when you bug Grim and listen in on him (StrangerVille) etc.
    @Oldeseadogge I have two Mimsys in my San Myshuno game as well! No idea if that happens in every save?

No idea. They seemed to alternate appearances on the lot. Only clue was the mentioned need to introduce again. Not seen it happen before, but then, have other things in mind when on the lot that chatting up ghosts. No Mimsy appearances at festivals yet, but have begun to see her at dance parties. Expanding her horizons and social circle?
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    TIL that you can play a piano and sing and both skills will increase.
    Recently discovered that if you have a sim at either the spice or romance festivals and sim is invited to a short event like a play or concert, you can return to the festival and get a second pass at the plants. Depending on whether the posters & snow globe boxes were live before departure there may also be a second pass at them as well.
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 140 Member
    Never knew there was a lighthouse baby trait from the brindleton bay lighthouse. Very interested in trying this trait. Wonder if there will be any special buffs when the sims try for baby or later during the pregnancy?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    @brizgal: Those Sims get a special moodlet when visiting the lighthouse from being conceived there.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • brizgalbrizgal Posts: 140 Member
    Brindleton bay is probably my least played pack - rarely use it at all except for some of the stuff. It was such a disappointment when it came out with no horses or other small pets eg reptiles…. I really haven’t discovered it at all, so plan to explore a lot more there now.
  • danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2023
    I just discovered that if your sim eats a meal made with a golden egg they will gain an ability called "Golden Pulse" that allows you to make plants perfect quality. My sim is now running around the neighborhood turning all of the plants to perfect quality.

Eating a meal male with obsidian eggs will make your sim angry and give them the ability to use "evil Glare". When used on a sim they will become angry and their eyes will glow. Not sure if they gain the ability to use evil glare. If Evil Glare is used on an object it will be set that object on fire.
    Post edited by danacnbrett on
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I just discovered that if your sim eats a meal made with a golden egg they will gain an ability called "Golden Pulse" that allows you to make plants perfect quality. My sim is now running around the neighborhood turning all of the plants to perfect quality.

Oh, awesome!! I am so gonna try that. Love this thread!
  • danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    Oh, awesome!! I am so gonna try that. Love this thread![/quote]

Unfortunately, while the plants in the open world increase to perfect quality the harvestables are still normal quality.

• SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    I didn't know a sim could get fired in the middle of a workday. But one of my sims did because she reported a crime at work.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    If you have dream home decorator, you can filter on 'modular' in build buy to see all the furniture that can snap together. I was actually watching a build buy overview for the Nook book kit when it was casually mentioned. Unfortunately the furniture in the Nook book kit is not tagged as modular. But with this filter it will be easier to build in DHD because some items are shelves, some are closets and some are bookcases. Now I can see them all together.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    @Atreya33 Do you also happen to know of an easy method to pick up pieces of modular furniture without dragging some of the others along, and how to disable pieces automatically snapping together? Because God forbid I ever decide to move a wardrobe I've put together. The game always gets the strangest ideas about what I'm trying to do, and I usually end up having to delete everything and start anew.
    @Atreya33 Do you also happen to know of an easy method to pick up pieces of modular furniture without dragging some of the others along, and how to disable pieces automatically snapping together? Because God forbid I ever decide to move a wardrobe I've put together. The game always gets the strangest ideas about what I'm trying to do, and I usually end up having to delete everything and start anew.

I am also struggling with objects dragging each other. If I manage to figure out a trick, I will post it here.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    If you have dream home decorator, you can filter on 'modular' in build buy to see all the furniture that can snap together. I was actually watching a build buy overview for the Nook book kit when it was casually mentioned. Unfortunately the furniture in the Nook book kit is not tagged as modular. But with this filter it will be easier to build in DHD because some items are shelves, some are closets and some are bookcases. Now I can see them all together.

I have to correct myself. The bookshelves in the Nook book kit are tagged as modular. So filtering for modular and then on kits makes it possible to see all the bookshelf pieces together.
  • momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    Sorry if someone mentioned this, but I just learned the other day that you can adjust Sims' posture in CAS! There's a drag option along their upper back that goes up/down and changes if they're slouching or standing up straight. I've had this game ever since the CAS demo originally dropped and only just learned about this option like a week ago!
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top