Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 432 Member
    Apparently, if one of your Sims is in the Doctor career, they can click on their partner and choose "Check Hotness" under the Flirtation menu in Romance. It's a similar animation to "Caress Cheek", and seemed to end with a little tickle under the chin. In this photo, my female Sim Mary is the one in the Doctor career, specifically at level 5 (Assistant Nurse), which is apparently when the interaction appears.

HKVDFAz.jpg

Wait, the person being "checked" doesn't jump into the doctor's arms after the cheek caress anymore? That's what used to happen...
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,952 Member
    Actually it’s not just for partners. It was Love Day recently and my doctor Sim had the option to “check hotness” on Vlad Straud… don’t think she’d have much luck there :D
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I got a tiny home lot from the Gallery, and learned that if I evict Sims, their furniture stays in the house. I moved the families out in-game, and they would take the furniture with them when I wanted to leave it for a new family. Also, was afraid that if I evicted the families relationships would be damaged. Meaning, I had one family with four kids living with them, with three of their sons being neighbors to three of their daughters. I evicted everyone, and learned that furniture stayed in the house, and relationships weren't damaged.
    Moved the three sons and three daughters in their parent's old home, and move their parents and four siblings into the tiny home lot. All the furniture was still there, and I moved them closer to their family.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    TIL that using the “hottest spot in town” lot trait on a restaurant results in a $50 charge to request a table. I don’t play with GF lot traits or celebrities often so that was surprising when I took my celebrity couple to a high end restaurant and got the notification.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    @UniqueKhaos I didn't know that. Did a little searching and found out that it also doubles the cost of food and drinks.
  • PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 151 Member
    Sims with the Expressionistic trait, I have, up to this point, just thought/assumed it referred to solely being able to paint the mood-specific paintings whenever.
    Today I found out that, it also let sims create the mood-specific woodworking sculptures whenever, and being able to write the mood-specific books-accounting for skill- whenever, too.
    When a foal is born in-game, its initial emotion is Dazed. When I had my Sim ask what was wrong, the notification said "Caramel was just born and is feeling Dazed. What are all these colours, sounds and four wobbly noodles? With time, she will find her footing." I think that's pretty cute! Here's a screenshot of little Caramel. She looks exactly like her father, Butterscotch.

ispK4GU.jpg
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    When a foal is born in-game, its initial emotion is Dazed. When I had my Sim ask what was wrong, the notification said "Caramel was just born and is feeling Dazed. What are all these colours, sounds and four wobbly noodles? With time, she will find her footing." I think that's pretty cute! Here's a screenshot of little Caramel. She looks exactly like her father, Butterscotch.

ispK4GU.jpg

That's adorable! <3
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Let me share a tuning file find!

Expansion pack: High School Years.

The high school Career Day features 3 randomly chosen sims in high level in their career presenting.

However, what three sims are chosen isn't as random as you might have thought.

Three sims are chosen to present.
    • The first sim is either in:
      • Space Ranger branch in Astronaut career (level 10)
      • Chef branch in Culinary career (level 7)
      • Doctor career (level 7)
    • The second sim is either in:
      • Boss branch in Criminal career (level 9)
      • Manager branch in Business career (level 7)
      • Detective career (level 7)
    • The third sim is either in:
      • Diamond Agent branch in Secret Agent career (level 10)
      • Professional Athlete branch in Athlete career (level 7)
      • Officer branch in Military career (level 7)

So only DLC careers that could be presenting are Doctor, Detective, and Military. Plus usually, level 7 is required. The career level for the presenters must be the exact level given, not more or less.
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    You can build your house upon a pool and add the glass floor and the corals from Island Living to create a giant aquarium below your feet to watch your favourite mermaid 🐟🐙🐬
    42ae59c5ca9c180a4aef035a37f57fc196a84b00.jpg
    18375f4e21ec8286d669c983e74b640fcbe68c84.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    @EgonVM thanks for sharing that! I'll be back to playing a teen soon (Juliette's daughter) so it'll be interesting to see which sims show up.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,788 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Let me share a tuning file find!

Expansion pack: High School Years.

The high school Career Day features 3 randomly chosen sims in high level in their career presenting.

However, what three sims are chosen isn't as random as you might have thought.

Three sims are chosen to present.
    • The first sim is either in:
      • Space Ranger branch in Astronaut career (level 10)
      • Chef branch in Culinary career (level 7)
      • Doctor career (level 7)
    • The second sim is either in:
      • Boss branch in Criminal career (level 9)
      • Manager branch in Business career (level 7)
      • Detective career (level 7)
    • The third sim is either in:
      • Diamond Agent branch in Secret Agent career (level 10)
      • Professional Athlete branch in Athlete career (level 7)
      • Officer branch in Military career (level 7)

So only DLC careers that could be presenting are Doctor, Detective, and Military. Plus usually, level 7 is required. The career level for the presenters must be the exact level given, not more or less.

That makes sense. For one career day that my teen sims went to, their great-grandmother - who had reached Diamond Agent while I was playing her - showed up! It was the last time that my sims saw her as she passed away the next day but I found it hilarious that secret agent would be a career shown on career day! I don’t know how the other sims can be chosen because sims 4 doesn’t progress careers like sims 3 did so how can any non-played household sims ever achieve level 7, let alone anything higher!
    There are koi attached to the water lily patch from the Snowy Escape pack
    e147b73cf98d1a33b9e62f7fe74ff0b86e8d1bbc.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I didn't know they fixed the fireworks! That was a nice surprise. They'd been bugged for ages.

@Daephene oh I thought it only happened when I took the fireworks from the buydebug. And when I bought them from the stands they worked. But that must have been a coincidence then and they fixed it in the meantime ^^'

f9c8fd5864881154d74b356123acb07c85bd58e3.jpg

This is so cute that, when you play an instrument near the tree stump with the birds, they fly around you and cast these swirls and glitter :3
    f4e1531a19e328743833b029b6623ae7d044ea67.jpg
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Another find from the tuning files.

So, sims in black in StrangerVille, standing around after certain point telling you "Nothing to see here. Move on."

These sims will never be aliens. Even if with cheats you have an alien have the OGA trait and join the OGA career, they will never be chosen to stand around the street.

So yeah. If your plans included an alien being a sim in black in StrangerVille, abandon it.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I just learned today that the infants have poses when you have a sim take a photo of them with a camera or phone. I don't think there's anything for the Moschino tripod specifically, like the holding toddler poses. Anyway they are so cute!

u7v56zD.png
    RXBxl6W.png
    iYd1Gjw.png

The sitting and crawling poses will probably need the help of some kind of stage or platform to get their eyes going towards the camera.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,839 Member
    qPAFxySh.png
    So this probably came in a patch or something who knows I never noticed till today.
    DPe0AK2h.png
    Adding boots may untuck your shirts, at least this one does it anyways.

Nice little touch I think.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 432 Member
    qPAFxySh.png
    So this probably came in a patch or something who knows I never noticed till today.
    DPe0AK2h.png
    Adding boots may untuck your shirts, at least this one does it anyways.

Nice little touch I think.

Good to know. I really wish we had the ability to choose whether to tuck or untuck shirts, but this might be a workaround in some cases. I wonder whether it works with wider pant legs that conceal the tops of boots...

712f007e2a4709dbd2662fe559bc543eac0ff2b8.jpg

Did you know that horses can cry? ö.ö
    I didn't.
    Yang Mal was crying because his heart is broken...
    And seeing him cry broke my heart too. Better fix this, Diablo!
    4bb87806b77661ae966956c46c6dc859ff6c3eb2.jpg

And he was perfectly fine!
    7e5b0bf2647a84b2a448ad5a23421bd5e9297719.jpg
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I wish I took a screenshot, just got the option to “apologise … in bed?” (I don’t remember him catching her with another boyfriend but he does have a furious about cheating sentiment)

Needless to say it did not work and he’s even more unhappy with her now!

@RedDestiny92 I noticed this on the premade janitor after Highschool Years was released. When you look close you see that the waistband/belt glitches through the shirt.
    a610a3da5eb8ee5734627be08e7fcc62303a7e56.jpg

These are the boots he's wearing.
    29fde229a915e65ab7a275af66cb0b3c20c1932f.jpg
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @RedDestiny92 I noticed this on the premade janitor after Highschool Years was released. When you look close you see that the waistband/belt glitches through the shirt.
    a610a3da5eb8ee5734627be08e7fcc62303a7e56.jpg

These are the boots he's wearing.
    29fde229a915e65ab7a275af66cb0b3c20c1932f.jpg

I’ve noticed a similar thing with one of the tops for female children. I’ve not got anyone wearing it right now but I’ll get a screenshot soon.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,839 Member
    ahh so there is more, maybe it's a reminder I also didn't know how much stuff I really don't use. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top