Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unicorns kind of confirmed

Comments

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2023
    IObelle wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be real unicorns in the fairy pack now that we have horses.

Then they would most likely only work if you have horse ranch as well. Otherwise you'd only get the fairies.

It is a family animal pack, so we would get a unicorn that can befriend but not add to the family, similar to wild fox and dog breed fox.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > I wonder if there will be real unicorns in the fairy pack now that we have horses.

wait, is there a fairy pack coming?!?
    I want fairies in sims 4 >_<
    I want playable ones with their tiny homes like sims 3 had.

Fairies have been hinted and teased at by Sims team! And it was one of the staple occults from TS3 so I'd be really surprised if we don't get them before Sims 4 is over.
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member

It is a family animal pack, so we would get a unicorn that can befriend but not add to the family, similar to wild fox and dog breed fox.

That would be boring. I would prefer unicorns to come with horses so they'd get the same interactions, can be ridden and have foals.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited July 2023
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    I would say that just means they will be decorative unfortunately. I'm not surprised.

I don't think because it's for young and adult.
    Note : The only fake occult available in TS4 is the alien disguises from Star Wars : Journey To Batuu

But Unicorn gameplay is very poor, it's not a major feature.

q1cf957uuk98.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That doesn't count as a unicorn. That's like saying a CAS mermaid tail counts as a mermaid.
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    Maybe it's just showing that you can use it in an normal horse as decoration and hinting real unicorns that could come as NPC or a normal horse transformed into an unicorn by gaining an occult trait during gameplay.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Looks like an accessory they can wear.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    That doesn't count as a unicorn. That's like saying a CAS mermaid tail counts as a mermaid.

Of course werewolf body doesn't count as a Werewolf :p .

3c1af1f2-00000002-0004c9d1.jpg

Some decorative "accessories" to wear ...

3c1af1f2-00000002-0004ddc4.jpg3c1af1f2-00000002-0004e700.jpg3c1af1f2-00000002-0004cfbc.jpg

• Options
    Maxis was able to do temporary state like PlantSims and Skeleton, Unicorn could be similar or a special NPC like Night Wraith

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    UNICORN??? The horn glows!

It could just be an effect that occurs when the item is equipped, but I think it's more likely that it's real magic from a real unicorn.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    The unicorn looks real to me. Much more than the CAS horn. At the very least, it passes very well.
    Also, happy to see Trixie Mattel! I love her.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I still think that this is unfortunately just an accessory. I hate that fact, I do. Here's why: This is official advertising, right? Why would they just show off an actual unicorn so nonchalantly like this? I'm not saying that it's impossible, but there's also a glaring issue here: The "unicorn" is shown in CAS. And when it comes to occults in The Sims 4, there is an indicator of them being an occult right over the traits panel, of which there is no such thing for this "unicorn".

Sorry you all, as I said, I hate this. I wanted unicorns so bad. This is not giving me any confidence.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yeah. SimMattically, the guy who leaked previous details of Horse Ranch, came out and said that they're just accessories.

Sims, pls.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Yeah. SimMattically, the guy who leaked previous details of Horse Ranch, came out and said that they're just accessories.

Sims, pls.

Aww. That sucks. Oh, well.
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    It's strange if they would put so much effort into making horses look like unicorns, with the glowing effect and even a shorter horn for foals, just for it to only be accessories. They'd only need to be like regular horses with a few magical powers after all, like they were in sims 3. No need for a skill tree or anything like that.

If it really only is to make regular horses look like unicorns, it doesn't make much sense to me. It's as if they planned to add actual unicorns but ran out of time or something. Yet the pack seems empty enough for some to say it looks more like a gamepack.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    It's probably because realism players would complain, but they also know that there are occult fans who'd want them. Thus they made a compromise... that falls short of what occult players actually want.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I am pretty sure this is just a horse painted pink and with horn like hat on it but LOOK AT THAT GLOWING AURA AND SPARKS AROUND IT OMG.
    Maybe the CAS horn will have some effect, maybe we will have to do something to unlock it, maybe we will be able to meet&adopt unicorn while exploring the caves, or maybe one if nectars will have a possibility to turn a horse into unicorn?
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am still hoping that a "real" unicorn can be discovered in the hidden cave and the unicorn horn in CAS is just for decorating our horses. I will happily take both! May just be wishful thinking, but one can hope!
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I suspect the horn will just be decorative, but there are still plenty of plausible opportunities for unicorns.

As other people have suggested, the horn could unlock special interactions or abilities (there are already CAS items that provide several benefits). Alternative there could be a special unicorn trait that could rarely be found on wild horses (or earned by existing ones).

There are other options later down the line as well, if a fairy occult is added maybe they could give horses a special unicorn power the same way spellcasters can make cats and dogs into familiars.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This really just seems mean. Why can't occult players be thrown a bone? 😭
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I think it’s a CAS item but maybe not considering it’s an expansion pack. Maybe there’s more to it than that.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Unicorn is like Yeti ??? sims pretending to be someone else :#

Or, like Patchy, who is not an actual magically-animated scarecrow, just a pervy guy who dresses up as a scarecrow, lives in your backyard, and invites people to root around in his pockets.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    It's probably because realism players would complain, but they also know that there are occult fans who'd want them. Thus they made a compromise... that falls short of what occult players actually want.

I'm like almost entirely a realism player, but unicorn is my exception - the one and only occult I like and want.

EA doesn't seem concerned about offending realism players, as they went with like three Game Packs in a row being supernatural some years ago. Most occults are barely present in the game, and they could easily make it so unicorns would be the same. Unicorns are supposed to be rare, by nature. lol
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Unicorn is like Yeti ??? sims pretending to be someone else :#

Or, like Patchy, who is not an actual magically-animated scarecrow, just a pervy guy who dresses up as a scarecrow, lives in your backyard, and invites people to root around in his pockets.

LOL ok but I love patchy. ❤️ 🎃 He gets a pass in my book. oof that sounds bad
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/