Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unicorns kind of confirmed

alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
Sims Community shows a list of all new items and guess what is coming:

GsD8lDc.png

What do you think?

Full article here:

https://simscommunity.info/2023/06/26/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-items/#the-sims-4-horse-ranch-create-a-sim-items
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I would say that just means they will be decorative unfortunately. I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    I would say that just means they will be decorative unfortunately. I'm not surprised.

I believe they belong to the inheritable unique trait. There is also a shorter foal version.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »

I believe they belong to the inheritable unique trait. There is also a shorter foal version.

I do hope you're right! I know a lot of people really want their unicorns.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited June 2023
    no saloon doors :bawling::heartbreak: whyyyyy

imma go angry poop

cas seems lit though
    I find it sad theres such lovely flower crown for horse but not one for our sims can I get sim version pretty pls I know midsummer just passed by but it would be lovely addition to the game

I guess only honse get to be flowergals
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,141 Member
    I just spotted a Unicorn in CAS of Horse Ranch. Yippee!!🤩😎😛😉
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    no saloon doors :bawling::heartbreak: whyyyyy

imma go angry poop

cas seems lit though
    I find it sad theres such lovely flower crown for horse but not one for our sims can I get sim version pretty pls I know midsummer just passed by but it would be lovely addition to the game

I guess only honse get to be flowergals

On the positive side, we get a stunning wooden bathroom set that will also go well with werewolves, witches and Cottage Living. And I'm looking forward to the 2 short 1960s male hairstyles.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    is that one object placeable fog though please tell me it is placeable fog I'm gonna fog the heck out of every lot in the game
  • Options
    I also so wish they added the wooden furniture for woodworking table n handiness but they probably didn't
  • Options
    also do you think the picture after the horn one is cut horn on horses head like someone stole it? is that just hopeful thinking

okay sorry I'll stop spamming now :lol:
  • Options
    also do you think the picture after the horn one is cut horn on horses head like someone stole it? is that just hopeful thinking

I guess the short horn is for unicorns foals.
  • Options

I guess the short horn is for unicorns foals.

oh I had not thought of that probably so
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    From what I can see it looks like a very realistic decoration for sims who would like to pretend to have Unicorns. If it is in CAS then it is an accessory like the little hat we saw in the trailer. It does not look if we will have actual Unicorns that are magical and referred to as Unicorns in the game. I am happy they added that for simmers who would have liked Unicorns, I am more excited about the goats and sheep though, so not to bothered about actual Unicorns ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,431 Member
    Sims Community shows a list of all new items and guess what is coming:

GsD8lDc.png

What do you think?

Full article here:

https://simscommunity.info/2023/06/26/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-items/#the-sims-4-horse-ranch-create-a-sim-items

That unicorn looks like it's going to a rave and got those twinkling light sticks on. :lol: On the plus side, I think I saw an old fashioned butter churner. So sad we don't get saloon doors, how can we have a western town without saloon doors? Can't believe they made the little wagon into a decor piece with a gnome attached, they should have made it to function like a tent instead.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Yeah, that looks to disconfirm unicorns. =( A decoration horn that does nothing could have easily been provided by a CC creator. I want actual unicorns!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    edited June 2023
    mcrudd wrote: »
    From what I can see it looks like a very realistic decoration for sims who would like to pretend to have Unicorns. If it is in CAS then it is an accessory like the little hat we saw in the trailer. It does not look if we will have actual Unicorns that are magical and referred to as Unicorns in the game. I am happy they added that for simmers who would have liked Unicorns, I am more excited about the goats and sheep though, so not to bothered about actual Unicorns ;)
    To be fair, occult-exclusive assets have appeared in CAS previews before. (At least for vampires and werewolves - I can't find a CAS item list for Island Living anywhere, and the official EA site doesn't load full BB/CAS lists on my computer, for any pack.)
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    I see trailers in build mode stuff. I wonder if they are just decorations...

Still, let's wait for more info...
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2023
    I refuse to get my hopes up until it's actually confirmed. I don't want a decorative "unicorn" that doesn't have any unique actions or cause sims to get a unique moodlet. Especially for spellcasters. Unicorns is literally the only reason why I would consider getting the pack sooner rather than later. And I really don't want to have to find a mod for unicorn interactions. :|
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    To be fair, occult-exclusive assets have appeared in CAS previews before. (At least for vampires and werewolves - I can't find a CAS item list for Island Living anywhere, and the official EA site doesn't load full BB/CAS lists on my computer, for any pack.)

I agree with you, but the CAS for our other occults were more options, different type of teeth and scars for vampires and so on, but there is only one type of horn with possible recolours for a horse and foal. Our sims 3 Unicorns, were magical, you had to go and hunt and befriend them and then they had magical powers, where they could help heal and bless your sims. I truly don't see that they would have those in game and not even just give us a little teensy bit of a glance of them in the trailer :)

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    There's also a small one for what looks like a foal next to it, so I still have hope!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Yeah, that looks to disconfirm unicorns. =( A decoration horn that does nothing could have easily been provided by a CC creator. I want actual unicorns!
    Pretty much this, like the cat hair doesn’t make a sim a cat
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    I agree with you, but the CAS for our other occults were more options, different type of teeth and scars for vampires and so on, but there is only one type of horn with possible recolours for a horse and foal.
    The horn might not be optional, but it could be in CAS so we can recolor it. Or it is a decorative item, so we can make horses look like unicorns... But also, actual unicorns exist in the game, so the game can have fun tricking players whenever we see them in the overworld. Watch - if they bring back neighborhood errands from Cottage Living, they'll make our sims try to find a real unicorn amongst a herd of phonies.
    Our sims 3 Unicorns, were magical, you had to go and hunt and befriend them and then they had magical powers, where they could help heal and bless your sims. I truly don't see that they would have those in game and not even just give us a little teensy bit of a glance of them in the trailer :)
    The trailer also didn't show horse breeding, most of the training or competitions, or the special horse trait. And a couple of those sound like notable features. They might be hiding the unicorns as a surprise for Behind the Sims, or a livestream, or something. And It it helps, IIRC, the first-released trailer for Sims 3 Pets didn't have unicorns, either.

I know this is all me coping, hoping against hope. But I will fight to the bitter end. Surely it can't be that hard to make a unicorn. Just give it a special trait that lets it grant some dumb moodlets to people who are nice to it.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    I hear you @Gordy I will hold thumbs for you that it is going to be a big surprise reveal with either the behind the sims or the live gameplay stream before the pack comes out :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    To me it looks like a normal cas item. A fake horn to put on regular horses. I have a bad feeling that this is all we get.
    BariSaxy wrote: »

This is my feeling as well.

I know you mean well by saying it is nice to add a decorative horn for players who want unicorns. But if it is just a decorative horn, then it is a very bittersweet gift. Just like the witch costume in spooky stuff is not the same as the spellcaster lifestate. A fake horn isn't the same as a magical animal. :(

I am a bit disappointed that the sheep and goats are miniature. I wish we would get real sheep, not a petting zoo size sheep. Did anyone notice the item that looks a bit like hay. (top row on the second picture of furniture in the article linked in the first post) Some simmers have speculated that the mini sheep and mini goats might be attached to hay like chickens are to chickens coops.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    It’s a hint! Unicorn Game Pack confirmed!!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2023
    I knew it. No unicorns :(

Hey, if I'm wrong then that's awesome but I'd bet money at this point actual unicorns are not included. A decorative horn doesn't count.

Think about it... Sims 4 packs are not beefy compared to previous series. It doesn't make sense to hold back showing unicorns.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/