Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Aaaa! The end of Gen 5! I'm going to miss this crew.

Lol. Venus looks so different with gray hair. For a moment, I was like "who is that?" And then I realized. :lol: Toq doesn't look nearly as aged as she does. Too much partying, maybe?

I'm glad she finally has come to accept him though. I like this family a lot.

I was surprised to see Arizhel at the Winterfest party. Especially without Florian and Edward there, since those two are more friends of the family than she is. But I like that everyone is trying to reconcile.

I feel bad for Florian at the end. He definitely needs some hugs.

Thanks for the summary. I can see why it was hard to put together. So much happened in this generation!

Very much looking forward to whatever happens next.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 792 Member
    Thanks @GlacierSnow !
    Hair really makes a huge difference in the age perception of sims, and for some reason Toq really doesn't look so different as an elder as the others do. Actually, the first time I posted the part about Toq's birthday, a few chapters ago, I was asked whether he turned adult or elder as they couldn't tell the difference XD
    Back to the serious stuff anyway, eventually Venus and Toq really managed to become friends (sort of), that's indeed a big achievement for them!

As for the participants to the winterfest party instead, actually Florian and Edward were there too (even if they didn't get any line of dialogue underlying it). They most pop out in this messy picture together with everyone else.

3klfAx9.png

Still quite an awkward situation anyway, since they were there together with Arizhel before really having a chance to discuss their situation together (and, in case, attempt a reconciliation).
    This is definitively a complex situation for someone as young as Florian to manage, he definitely needs support (and some hugs). Yet, considering the characterization of Arizhel, I really couldn't imagine an easy family reunion for her.

As for the next generation instead, I can't wait to start posting about it either! As a little teaser, I want to say that the next chapter will contain a lot of nice scenery pictures (and of troubles, of course).

2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    @HermioneSims Oops! I missed them in that picture! :lol:

I think I also misunderstood what Florian was saying to Sirio later. I thought Arizhel had stopped in briefly to see Edward and Florian and then went to the party at Sirio's family's house without them. My mistake! :joy: It all makes a lot more sense now.

This season was fantastic. I am really looking forward to your next one.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Noooo last chapter of the gen :'(
    I'm glad Venus has at least come to understand the ancient Sixamians, and I'm glad that what happened with Arizhel had a fairly pacifistic outcome. I was worrying what was going to go down for a while : P Ahhh and she even ends up at the Winterfest celebration! I'm glad Florian has found some comfort in it all, he's had to go through a lot, they all have really. I can't wait to see Sirio and Florian and co. as parents next gen!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    @GlacierSnow , no worries!
    That picture was actually so crowded that it was hard to spot everyone. I also remember clearly that I was quite tired when I finished translating that chapter as well, so it's quite likely that the wording around the end of the chapter was even funnier than usual as well.

And thanks @SnowBnuuy !
    Venus really needed a lot of time for trusting and then befriending the ancient Sixamians, but she needed her time to change her ideas after Steve was abducted just after their wedding and Cassy was left alone when pregnant (thus, don't make her mad, because she holds grudges for a very very long time XD ).
    As for Arizhel, this outcome is actually one of the shortest and most pacific I had considered. It's even a bit too boring, but it's quite logical, coherent with the characters, and also matches quite well the little time I had before the end of the generation.

Anyway, Sirio, Florian and co are still in their late teens, it will take a while before seeing their kids. But this is going to be another quite crowded generation, that's true.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    And here I am with the first chapter of generation 6! (link)

Ready for a bit of teen drama?
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    DeidreMaharielDeidreMahariel Posts: 63 Member
    It's been a hectic couple of weeks, so I'm very happy to have a chance to sit down and catch back up with the Millers. :smiley:
    It's bittersweet to see generation 5 go! I'm glad things worked out peacefully with Arizhel. I love how you used her in-game traits to determine her reaction and the resolution to the plotline -- ultimately everyone just wanted a safe home to live in!

Aww, Sirio and all his friends are such cuties. I don't think it was weird at all for them to decide to go on their trip (although this travel agency advertising their illegal holidays is somewhat suspicious xD) -- what teenagers don't do dumb, risky things sometimes? And as Halley said, it's sad that they are able to travel so easily to distant worlds but can't even see the sights of their own planet without drastic measures.

Oh! Sophia and Halley have gotten close -- no wonder Sophia acted so weird about Florian asking her for advice! I'm definitely eager to see how things work out between them. :smiley:

Haha, they should have known nothing was going to get by Toq -- good on him for covering for the kids. They had a stressful enough couple of days without getting in trouble with their moms to top it off. :D
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    The trip story was such fun!
    The disguise issue is always so interesting in your story from one generation to the next.
    And of course Sophia and Halley are very sweet, and you chose a funny way to introduce that relationship!
    Poor Florian, but he will surely get over it...
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments!

@DeidreMahariel
    Gen 5 was also one of my favourites... Yet, at least this time I passed to Gen 6 when the main characters of Gen 5 weren't too old yet, so (even if they won't be the POV characters as often) they will still be around for a while.
    I still think that if Arizhel had any trait other than "Good" I could have invented way more "explosive" conclusions to this part, yet this was just what Arizhel would have done, so here we are.

Anyway, I have a lot of fun writing about Sirio & co, they are really a funny group. This chapter was particularly funny to write, and probably the fact they took such a silly choice deciding to take that vacation was one reason why it was so funny XD

Sophia and Halley instead are starting to look a bit too close for being just friends, isn't it? Too bad Halley doesn't have her own diary... But for sure there will be more about them and the evolution of this in the following chapters.

As for Toq and his telepathy instead, they were really lucky he decided to cover them up, but we'll see if he'll really keep it secret forever or not...

@mightysprite
    Disguises haven't been a topic for a while, but as you see I haven't forgotten about them XD The reasons why the characters resort to it are definitively changing over time, just like the society the current Millers are living in is very different from the one of their ancestors.

With Halley and Sophia I wanted to add a bit of awkward teen drama in the mix, even if maybe I could stop to insist on using Florian for those scenes, he's been so unlucky up to now!
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Here I am with chapter 6.2! (link)

This is a quite long chapter, yet there is also a lot of dialogue... Maybe I just put too many scenes altogether. Oh, well...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Don't worry, Sirio
    If only he knew that he is a sim and therefore he will not starve as a painter.
  • Options
    Got behind a bit. Getting caught up. :smile:

Chapter 6.1
    I love this camping adventure. It's fun to see Sirio, Halley, Florian and their friends out doing something together. I feel sorry for Florian, since clearly Halley is not into him. But Halley and Sophia are adorable together.

Oh! :open_mouth: But they'd better be more careful.

Chapter 6.2
    I have a lot of empathy for Sirio, the way he keeps trying to convey what he's thinking/seeing/feeling to others and them not quite getting it. I like that he doesn't give up.

Cassy and Toq looking at the stars and reminiscing about their past missions was sweet. They seem to have grown pretty comfortable with each other.

I really like the start of this generation. Very much looking forward to more!

Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Caught up!
    Florian and Sirio hitting the gym was so funny XD Hey, you never know, those mollusc arms might impress someone! I feel bad that they're covering up their tendrils though. It's a call back sort-of to the older gens, where the Sixamian kids were just starting to get used to not disguising themselves. It's cool to see them go somewhere else in the world though! I love the snowball in the face pic XD Sad that they ebded up having to memory-wipe everyone after though! Still a while before the general population overcomes their preconceptions or whatever the word is.

Ah yeah the road of a starving artist is not a fun one. I gave up all hope on earning good money from my art ages ago XD but Sirio shouldn't be put off by everyone going to university. I hope he can chase his dream < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Thanks a lot for all the comments! :D

@mightysprite
    Sims always fall on their feet, isn't it? Unless we players want them not to, of course... XD

@GlacierSnow
    I really wanted to change the scenery for a bit with chapter 6.1, it was a very funny chapter also to play! Sirio and Halley's friends are really nice as well, it's just too bad that Florian always ends up being the unlucky one...

As for chapter 6.2 instead, Toq and Cassy are living together for something like 10+ years now, even if in the story it looks like just a couple of weeks, isn't it? :P "Comfortable with each other" sounds like a very fitting definition anyway, it's actually nice to see them enjoying their time together now that they are elders and everything.

As for Sirio instead, he's really stubborn about this painting, that's true. But "stubborn" is probably one of the few adjectives which can apply to all (or almost all) the heirs of this legacy, it remains to be seen where this stubbornness will bring him though...

@SnowBnuuy
    Indeed, there really are a lot of parallels between the humans vs sixamians relation and the modern sixamians vs ancient sixamians one. Also, both Sirio and Florian also care way more about their look than basically all the previous POV characters in the story (but just because Lyra never got her diary), so the gym scene (which was quite funny also to write), the hats and everything are particularly delicate topics to them.

As for the Sirio's desire to become an artist instead, I think that the one who is really on point is mightysprite here: this is The Sims 4, a weird fictional world where everyone is able to sell their paintings for thousands of §§§ at any given moment! Even if, actually, Sirio isn't aware of this.
    I'm sorry to read that you gave up instead, I remember a few drawings you shared in the past and they were really impressive! Yet, the artistic sector really sounds extremely competitive and also quite unfair, the kind of sector where only a few lucky people actually manage to reach what they were hoping for :/
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Forgot to add...

I love the term "mollusk arms". :lol::joy:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    I'm back with chapter 6.3! (link)

I only want to add that this time it's a quite tough chapter, to play, to write and (probably) also to read...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    DeidreMaharielDeidreMahariel Posts: 63 Member
    Caught up!
    Sirio has definitely chosen a difficult path in pursuing his art, especially in a small community and coming from a family full of scientists, to boot! It's understandable that he feels limited by his hometown -- I can imagine how hard it is to draw inspiration when you're cut off from so much of the world. Toq really has become such a supportive father, and hopefully his words help give Sirio the push he needs to seek new horizons. :smiley:

I really appreciate the small moment between Casey and Toq speaking candidly about their deaths, and acknowledging how scary it is. Oh, and you definitely weren't kidding when you said it was a tough chapter -- it's hard to lose such a big group of sims at once. :'(

Oh! Casey is back! What a creative plan B to protect your legacy sims -- I'm glad you never had to resort to the books under more unpredictable circumstances. It definitely felt all the more devastating for Venus to be left alone. The twins have never lived apart their whole lives, if I'm not mistaken, so it feels right for them to have that final bit of extra time together, as well. ^^ (I do find it a bit morbidly amusing, imaging the Sim doctors trying to figure out how this woman miraculously came back to life!)
  • Options
    @DeidreMahariel , thanks for the comment!
    Sirio will have a lot of choices in the next few chapters, it remains to be seen whether he decides to follow Toq's advice or not...

And I'm glad I haven't had to use the book of life earlier into the story because of some random accident, because using it now to give Cassy some more time with Venus and the younger generation really felt right. Even if some spaceship crash chapter could have given some more tension to the story, thinking about it...
    Anyway, I imagine the doctors' reaction as very funny as well. Aliens, teleport, and telepathy are the norm in this scenario, but resurrections probably are unique events even for them XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    :cry: Oh no. It's time.

Seeing Toq and Steve go is so sad. But I think it was Techna's little tear-drop face that really did me in. 😭

Oooo! The Book of Life! I don't think I have ever seen that used in a simlit story before. Very cool! And so like Luke to do that. 🤣 Good to have Cassy back, even if it's just for a short while. I love how her ghost was reacting to the book too.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @GlacierSnow for the comment!
    Techna is definitively very expressive as a robot, their face is a succession of emoticons basically. But this was indeed a super-sad chapter, I will miss Toq and Steve a lot too ;(

But at least I managed to gain some time for Cassy, after the little scene at the end of Gen 4 I had to use that book of life somewhere... And then Luke is so far-sighted, he wrote the book even before I decided how to use them XD
    Ghosts are a lot of fun to play, too bad they are not completely canonical in this story (in the sense that the living people don't acknowledge their existence). Sooner or later I want to play more with them though.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    @HermioneSims

I enjoy how the ghost pets show up from time to time. The others don't know they're there, but it's fun seeing them just hanging out now and then. I feel like it fits your story's vibe.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow
    Nacho's ghost, the fluffy cat, actually occupies a family slot since Gen 1 and, in the story, plays the role of "invisible mascotte". So he will definitively hang around for a long while. I would also add that he's generally quite annoyed by the fact that others can't notice him at all most of the time, and he's plotting a revenge against me for making this storytelling choice XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    New chapter ;-;
    I really love how you always have such different dynamics between the family members for each gen and I like that one of the main differences this time is Halley knowing what she wants in life and Sirio still being unsure. All the build-up to the deaths was tugging at my heartstrings and I had a feeling by your chapter header that was going to happen MY POOR LIL HEART ;-; I'm glad the ghost cat is still around! NOOOOOOOO TOQ ;-; ;-; ;-; I really love how emotional you make the deaths. For all three to die more or less in one go... Cassy's death made me think of a 'died of a broken heart' thing. OHHH!!! The Book of Life! This is such a fun twist. I really really love this chapter so much!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment @SnowBnuuy !
    With this legacy in particular I'm really putting an effort in showing different dynamics, both within the characters belonging to the same generation and when changing perspectives from one generation to the other. Otherwise falling for my few favorite tropes would be so easy!
    And in this case Sirio and Halley are definitively showing different attitudes, and will also choose very different paths, that's for sure...

As for the core of the chapter instead, this was a very delicate one to write. I always try to make the death of my sims significant, but also not to make it too depressing for me to write and for you to read. Still in this case there were 4 elders with a very similar age in the same household, so this very sad chapter was sort of inevitable... And also the survivors of the Millers' household would agree, they had so many "very sad" moodled at this point...
    Anyway, I will miss Toq a lot too, he's one of the weirdest characters I've ever written. For sure the ancient sixamians' storyline could have expanded more, but these are the limitations of a legacy I guess...

When playing the book of life part, instead of being amused, I would actually say I was sitting on the edge of the sit for the tension. I was like: "Okay, I'm planning this since three months ago, now please work". Realising that it was actually working was a real relief, though XD
    2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top