Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bringing Burglars and Police NPC Back

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
edited April 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Burglars were the classic villain of the franchise,those commercial characters caused drama and unpredictability to your sims lives, stealing there toilet, bed etc in there little sack, I think every franchise needs a villain to keep things interesting
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Bringing Burglars and Police NPC Back 92 votes

Of course I'm an OG simmer, I miss those guys
48% 45 votes
No, I prefer them not to come back
13% 12 votes
I would want them back however add options to switch them off
28% 26 votes
They could be a great lot challenge
9% 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I chose 'No', but I'd stop playing if they brought burglars into The Sims 4 and didn't make it optional to switch them off, because I do not want my enjoyment of playing ruined. I absolutely hated them in The Sims 3 and was the main reason I actually stopped playing because it became a chore. Not everyone wants "drama" or "unpredictability" in their game. I like being able to control what happens, to an extent, of course. Everything like this has got to be optional, like how you can switch off the effects of the weather, for example.

(This has actually put me in a bad mood now and I've just inadvertently upset my mother. I was fine beforehand. Not blaming you, just this subject really frustrates me.)
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @Nikkih yes we need those NPC’s back in the game gives some realistic play. It will defo make the game more interesting to me but it’s probably coz I have played the OG Sims and Sims 2 plus Sims 3 so have always been used to them being there
  • Options
    Okay relax, didn't mean for my discussion to put you in a bad mood, apologise to your mum for me , I do think if they were to be added you should be able to turn them off or have it as part of a lot challenge " bad neighbourhood or something" so for simmers like yourself that really don't want them back, don't have to have them back @hely0t
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I most definitely would like them back! But, I also think the idea of having them as a "Lot Challenge" would be great!

Then you could add that lot challenge to your poorer, less affluent neighborhoods and your wealthy areas could have more police patrolling and thus have lesser incidents of burglary.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've been simming since the original. I would love for burglars to be added to TS4. I'm fine with either option old school or lot trait.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so miss them. They were so funny in Sims 3. Plus, it would be nice for my Darknight household & my Xmen household to be able to fight the Burglars. :D:p
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I would not mind them if they include toggles to turn them off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    This is one of those features that many players want and many players don't want. It will need to be customizable (with the ability to completely turn it off) like they did for the Neighborhood Stories options. In fact, it seems like the kind of thing that could be added to Neighborhood Stories as one of the possible "bad things" that can happen to the families that players choose to turn it on for.

I personally did not like the burglars in Sims 3. For me they were just annoying, not fun or entertaining. So I don't want them. But I also didn't want any of the Neighborhood Stories stuff, and the "turn it off" options for that have worked fine for me. I've been totally fine with that feature being there for others to use, since I was given a way to turn it off in my own game. So I would be fine with burglars being added, as long as there is a way to turn them off that is simple and easy (not gameplay based).

I urge those of you who want the feature to also advocate for there being an on/off toggle in the game settings. If the feature is added without one, it will eventually get nerfed because of all the people who don't want it in the first place. We are an extremely diverse group of personalities and playstyles in this fandom, and the game needs to have lots of customization options because of this.

I'm happy to have features added to the game that I don't want to use myself as long as there are simple settings to turn them off. Likewise, I don't mind turning on the features I do want if it lets other people who don't want them be able to turn them off.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2023
    What a burglar will steal ? Tables and chairs like Sharing is Caring NAP ? Or is it like a Repo man ?

How to recover the stolen objects ? Use the insurance like fire damage ?
  • Options
    They will sneak into your sims house at night with a sack, you can place a burglar alarm to alert the police or your sim could fight them, they steal things like toilets and beds lol, objects that get stolen if the police catch them you get insurance however if they get away well they get away @LeGardePourpre
  • Options
    Here's burglars from the sims 3 for those of you, that has only played the sims 4

https://youtu.be/OAZAMMMr9P0
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Lol :D I so love Sims 3. <3:p
  • Options
    What a burglar will steal ? Tables and chairs like Sharing is Caring NAP ? Or is it like a Repo man ?

How to recover the stolen objects ? Use the insurance like fire damage ?

You can read all about burglars on the wiki page :)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Burglar
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    In TS3 you could cheese it by placing the alarm outside. Burglars wouldn't get very far this way.

Screenshot of mine from 2015 :flushed:
    tumblr_nn8neaRAT51ssiu0eo2_1280.png
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I used to do that in Sims 2 as well - or use the car alarm if I didn't have a garage lol.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I only want burglars back if cars return first firefighters poofing onto lot with no firetruck is bad enough immersion breaker for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    If they came back as a lot challenge or with a toggle to turn them off, I have no objection to them being reintroduced. Otherwise, PLEASE NO! Lol. I hated them.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love burglars back but I know some don't want them. Please bring them back with the ability to turn them off. I love my occults as well but it would be nice to have an off option for them as well so those who want the CAS/BB items in packs can turn them off when then want to. Personally, my occults and burglars wouldn't be turned off, but it needs to be an option for those who don't want them in their game.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Burglar's should be a lot challenge so we can choose if we want it to happen to certain households.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    Burglars should come back as lot challenge that way you could just toggle it off for lots you don't want getting messed by them

you should be able to call cops on them
    or if on detective career (gtw) arrest them yourself

also it should be possible to fight them and use occult powers on them and bonehilda should fight them autonomously if she is present once they arrive

there could also be burglar career or your sims on criminal could sometimes be suggested burglar gig if they are on suitable career level

also the said criminal sims should sometimes possibly get caught if clumsy and be taken to police station (gtw) or if no gtw it should work like in ts3
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I'd like them to return. I like the drama. It think it should be optional though for people who want it
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I actually miss the suspense of getting robbed it made the game more exciting also I would like to add a chance of getting robbed when your on another lot like you get a notification that your house is being robbed and hopefully you locked the door or have a burglar alarm so the police would be there arresting them when you come back.
  • Options
    ImpulsiveRaptorImpulsiveRaptor Posts: 16 Member
    I want them back. And I want the same music to play that did in the Sims 1 when you were getting robbed 🤣.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I voted no. It was cute the first few times, but after a while the interruption to my game got to be an annoyance. I'd be okay with it if I could toggle it off.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited May 2023
    I miss the burglars but what I envision are these things

What I'd like to see from past packs
    • The Prowling Walk
    • The Ability to Let Them Go Once Arrested
    • The Fun Music
    • Trying to Escape the Police & Have to Fight Them

What I'd Like to See New
    • Burglars Being Able to Burgle not just Sims Homes
      • Banks
      • Business Buildings
      • Government Buildings
      • Labs
      • Museums
      • Retail Stores
    • Burglar Tools
      • Lock Pick
      • Crow Bar
      • Rope
      • Code Cloner
    • Security Systems Being a more Sophisticated than just a Panel on a Wall - Think World Adventure Style Traps but in a Modern Security Context. Of course Homes will have Simpler Security but Think of Evil Lairs or Businesses.
      • Camera
      • Lasers
      • Off Course the Panel on a Wall
      • Pressure Sensors on a Floor
      • Security Guards and a Security Desk
      • Security Patrols
    • The Ability to Call the Cops
    • The Ability to Fight the Intruder & Make a Citizens Arrest or Worse… FAFO
      • Being turned into a Frog by a Witch or a Mouse & then her cat goes after them
      • Becoming a a Victim of a Vampire or a Werewolf
      • Imagine trying to Burgle an Evil Sims House, worse if they are an Evil (Mad) Scientist they'll end up like Nervous Subject
      • A house filled with Ghosts. I can't imagine Ghosts digging an intruder there to steal.
    • The Burglar Actually Having to Have Some Skill - It shouldn't be that easy for them
      • Scaling Walls or a Gate - I'd love to see a poorly skilled burglar get upset and shake the bars of a gate they cannot pick or scale. That would be funny
      • Picking a Locked Door
      • Circumventing an Alarm and other Security Measures
      • Needing to Pick Pockets for Key Cards - You could even bring back the Unsavory Charlatan NPC to learn from
      • Disguises - Think of how funny a pair of eyeglasses and a false nose and mustache would be in game
    • Detectives Being able to Solve their Own Burglaries and Make Arrests
    • Attorneys Being Able to Sue the Perp After Arrest
    • Consequences and Reparations for Being Robbed
    • Insurance System - and having to repair or replace items after a robbery
    • Police Department Building - Rabbit Hole
    • Stealing Candy from Babies again would fun
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett