Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What natural disaster would you like to add to the game ?

ยซ1

What natural disaster would you like to add to the game ? 33 votes

Drought
3%
crocobaura 1 vote
Flood
9%
EnkiSchmidtArarineRandomTokenCode 3 votes
Avalanche, Landslide
3%
DarrellRBeebe 1 vote
Wildfire
3%
GrimlyFiendish 1 vote
Tsunami
9%
Gamer_34567544Zerelthjuloks2 3 votes
Sandstorm, Dust storm, Thick fog/smog
33%
LeGardePourpreredrogue60MichelleWSuceressFroilChadSims2RememberJoySimmingalKimmerThornwillowskip 11 votes
Cyclone (Hurricane)
12%
CattyBetsymollie1998Bjorn12Izzy_The_Potato 4 votes
Tornado
12%
PenguinFoopOceancatAzukiMochiImpulsiveRaptor 4 votes
Sink holes
3%
Peral 1 vote
Hailstorm, Ice storm
12%
MsMaySERVERFRAWildIrishBansheePatrice 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hailstorm, Ice storm
    And hurricanes.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    Cyclone (Hurricane)
    Iโ€™ve been through a hurricane a few times for example hurricane Floyd in the year 1999 when I was a baby at one year old I was too young to remember but it would be a little scary and very cool at the same time to have a hurricane in the sims 4
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Tsunami
    It's hard to pick just one. Tsunamis would work well with the island living, but drought would work well in some of the more desert regions. I guess it would depend on what world you're in.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2023
    Hailstorm, Ice storm
    I want Hailstorm, Ice storm to be the first to add in the game. Drought & maybe Wildfire would also add more natural disaster realistic in the game, maybe adding more challenges for sims to survive (start from rage to riches) to protect their garden from drying up from drought & chances the heatwaves would cause dead plants (if sims donโ€™t dispose it) to burn & cause wildfire out of nowhere or without warning. And more sims death in the game.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    none of the above unless they include toggles to turn them off in game thats my vote since its not on the poll
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    none of the above unless they include toggles to turn them off in game thats my vote since its not on the poll

Agreed. I would find some of these events to be very triggering and would not want them in my game. I think fog as part of seasons would be cool though.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    None of the above!
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Where's the "none" option? :p

Sorry, I like my sim days to be sunny and carefree. B) .
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Sink holes
    I absolutely believe Sims 4 needs more drama and by the above mentioned suggestions I think "sink holes" would provide the best game play
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    I would want them all added in a single expansion pack, with the ability to toggle them on and off.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I have zero desire to see anything of the sort added into the game.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Future wrote: ยป
    I have zero desire to see anything of the sort added into the game.

Me neither. There's enough misery in real life!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    I like most of the options on this list (ofcourse not irl but in game)

but yes they should be more like lot challenge or specific neighborhood thing

similar to how we have sulani volcano or jungle dangers totally skippable while doing just regular gameplay but there when you want it

I do want dangerous desert the most though so that is what i clicked

kraken would be neat to have back too
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2023
    Flood
    I also choose Sandstorm, Dust storm, Thick fog/smog, but they have existed in the game in a special way like VFX... I think It is easy to make a mod for these, and I want to leave something more challenging to the dev staff :p
    As for the flood, I found some players can use the pond tool to build a home in knee-deep water. If we have a flood lot challenge for a fierce waterside world or a wetland world, it is reasonable and funny. Protect your appliance and buy insurance!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Drought
    I also choose Sandstorm, Dust storm, Thick fog/smog, but they have existed in the game in a special way like VFX... I think It is easy to make a mod for these, and I want to leave something more challenging to the dev staff :p
    As for the flood, I found some players can use the pond tool to build a home in knee-deep water. If we have a flood lot challenge for a fierce waterside world or a wetland world, it is reasonable and funny. Protect your appliance and buy insurance!

I don't think they would do floods because apparently making worlds swimmable is very difficult, and making them flooded would be an epic task.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2023

I don't think they would do floods because apparently making worlds swimmable is very difficult, and making them flooded would be an epic task.

I don't think because Pond tool can create water in rooms at the ground level.
    Maxis could make water opaque to hide the ground, break electronic devices, make dirty counters/tables and disable swimming pool/basement.

Nobody swim in this cold dirty water, people walk or use a boat.

1_ever10.png5a8e1610.jpg

the-si15.jpg
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    How about none? Why make the Sims just like Sim City? We already have earthquakes and volcanoes in the game,and we don't need any more natural disasters forced upon us.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2023
    Why not SimCity 4 disasters as new ways to bulldoze a lot :p
    God Mode disasters
    • AutoSaurus Wrecks - A robotic creature made of cars appears, attaches nearby vehicles to its body, and begins destroying everything in its path.
    • UFO - A mothership appears and fires a laser, destroying the targeted structure and leaving a crater. It spawns three smaller UFOs which proceed to attack the city.
    • Robot Attack - Servo from The Sims descends from outer space and goes on a rampage, destroying everything in its path.
    • Tornado - A tornado appears and weaves its way haphazardly through the city, destroying structures within its path. The player can control the path of the tornado.
    Random disasters
    • Riot - Riots occur after prolonged strikes, or when citizens are extremely unhappy with the state of the city. They are very rare and only occur spontaneously if services and coverage are virtually non existent.
    • Toxic Spill - If a freight train carriage carrying toxic waste is struck by another vehicle, it will create a toxic spill. Firefighters can be dispatched to fight toxic spills and will wear hazmat suits and use foam instead of water.
    • Meltdown - Nuclear Power Plants that lack water connections or are destroyed by fire will explode in a huge mushroom cloud, irradiating a very large area around the site.
    • Missile Misfire - If a Missile Range is in a city, there is a chance for an accidental misfire to occur destroying a section of the city.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    How about none? Why make the Sims just like Sim City? We already have earthquakes and volcanoes in the game,and we don't need any more natural disasters forced upon us.

last I checked those two are not forced upon anyone either they're just lot challenge option to play with and I rather love the volcano even though I do wish we had some more interactions with it :innocent:

the new disasters could be lot challenges as well and people could just not apply the lot challenge they don't like
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Something like this would be really cool but I'm almost sure it'd never happen. Sims 4 is too much of a utopia so nothing bad ever happens. I guess that's fun game play for some people but it's massively boring to me.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I can't imagine how they'd be modeled into the game, to be honest. Better if it were incorporated into a new game. I like the idea of disasters (they're the entire reason I bought Civ 6: Gathering Storm!), but it's hard to imagine how they'd be fit into any of the previous Sims games. The most promising ones would be weather-related, since we already have weather in the game. I could see making blizzards and thunderstorms more hazardous, for instance, but the disaster-response AI would need to be improved. Right now Sims ignore fires, and then keep freaking out about then for hours after they're done.
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    I'd love a thick fog in Willow Creek so it would look more swampy and sandstorms in Oasis Springs would make so much sense.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like my Sims to experience but have toggles and for story telling.
  • Options
    ImpulsiveRaptorImpulsiveRaptor Posts: 16 Member
    Tornado
    Really, I want them all.
  • Options
    AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2023
    Tornado
    I might be a little biased, because I'm fascinated by tornadoes in general. I don't know how well that would work in a Sims game though, barring SimCity. I imagine that would frustrate players to no end if the storms kept destroying their houses. Duststorm makes a bit more sense. Unless of course, it would just be implemented as a lot challenge, and players would be up to that kind of challenge, and be able to turn it off.
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.