Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Livestream: Growing Together!

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    Ziafar wrote: ยป
    Also will we be able to control the visiting Sims? Because if not it could quickly become a nightmare.

No but they seem to have a toggle between "Relax" and "Help out" so they can be just a guest or help with chores/childcare are any point as needed. They also have unique quirks according to personality, like Kyle's fondness for PowerSip.

I haven't seen this mentioned on this thread, and I didn't get to watch the entire livestream, so I'll ask: Do we get new playpen objects, or do we have to build one out of that fencing?

I think there's only the buildable one. You can put whatever you want inside it though. There's also the portable crib, but that's likely better just for naps.

emere wrote: ยป
    The stream was all about talking, and talking and talking but not showing the gameplay. I only saw notifications, and so far the milestones look like badges (no gameplay at all).

They said Milestonse have location history and can effect how a sim feels about a place. So sims being in a place where they experienced a fire might make them Tense for a while, or returning to a wedding venue might be a Happy experience.
    emere wrote: ยป
    -The devs never said if they took the occults into account for the gameplay.

Occult toddlers were definitely accounted for. Some quirks are more likely for occult toddlers depending on occult type.

There are likely other things like that
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I'm intrigued by the "Adopt Casey" here. Can we adopt kids via socials now? Step-kids? Science baby surrogacy kids? Homeless townie kids?

Did Ninja slip up on info that hasn't been mentioned again?

@EmmaVane Casey could be a pet...

When you adopt a pet you have the adoption fee (200) next to the interaction, unless that is waived somehow? Maybe via Free Services? We also don't know if they were playing with pets in when the screenshot was taken.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm assuming there was no update to the family tree feature? I know there was some confusion regarding it in the original announcement post they put out, I was hoping we could see the wider family at a glance without having to click through the generations.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,982 Member
    VERY unhappy about the pie menu "reorganization" and the forced likes and dislikes bound to it.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    VERY unhappy about the pie menu "reorganization" and the forced likes and dislikes bound to it.

No likes and dislikes are forced. You don't have to add them to your sims, and can remove them from any sim via CAS.
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    I have trouble with my hearing so could not really hear the livestream very well but still watched it. I would like to thank @simgirl1010 for posting all the info. I really appreciate you doing that. I do like that we are getting science babies
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,958 Member
    I have trouble with my hearing so could not really hear the livestream very well but still watched it. I would like to thank @simgirl1010 for posting all the info. I really appreciate you doing that. I do like that we are getting science babies

@pacer1965 thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚ You may also want to check out @luthienrising's thread for more info.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006275/growing-together-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I'm surprised to see anyone upset by the pie menu update. The interaction menu has been such a mess for years now I'm SO GLAD they've finally organized it! Especially by interaction type! Gonna make navigating sooo much easier I actually yelled when I saw the reorganization.

I've been burned too many times so I'm trying to keep my expectations low until people start actually getting their hands on this pack, but I can't help but be excited about the personality sims seem to be getting now (finally!!). I'm just hoping it works properly. Hopefully they've fixed the problems with sims doing things autonomously that they dislike. There's a lot of potential here. But I won't be able to make a definitive statement until I can actually feel the systems for myself as there's a lot that could go wrong... Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Why all the fake shell built in the sims 4? I don't remember any of the other series having fake houses or buildings everywhere. And why the fake boats and cars everywhere ๐Ÿ™„
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Ziafar I think you can decide whether or not to allow visitors to come and stay in your home. I believe they said that a popup shows someone requesting to visit and you can say yes or no, and you can request others to come and stay in your home. There was so much information in this livestream that I could be wrong, but I seem to remember them saying that.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,983 Member
    edited March 2023
    I saw this blonde dude with long hair carrying travel bag like sim today it was such sims vibe and I was trying so hard to not Kyle_call him

this is why you don't let Simmingal out of the house
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm in love with Kyle. It was funny when he started a fire.. LOL. First time I have seen the firefighters
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    With so many every day things being added/updated, I really wish we got some more rabbit hole careers. I'm really desperate for more jobs!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,940 Member
    I will probably put Greg, Kyle and Agnes Crumplebottom in the same room to see what will happen.

Next time I need to set fire to a lot for a storyline I'll just add a couple of stoves and invite Kyle and Lou to come over and cook. The lot should be reduced to ashes in no time.

Greg and Agnes are actually star crossed lovers, but he doesn't know that she's alive and that's why she's so repressed and anti-PDA. Get him and her together at his trailer, let them realize they were made for each other and sims everywhere will no longer fear the purse.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    *bopping to the awesome simlish countdown music*

I have the volume maxed and can barely hear it.๐Ÿค”

I have a feeling you'll want to turn down that volume before the actual stream starts.

I kept my volume up when the stream began and it was hard to hear, still. Just my two-cents' worth.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    > @lovemy4s said:
    > I am probably most impressed by this pack than any other. That being said, I am really disappointed about the lack of apartments or rowhousing. I feel like that was a huge opportunity missed being that it was based off the Bay area.

That was the first thing I noticed as well. Planning to demolish a couple prebuilt lots to place a couple from the gallery.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Wow, this is so much more than expected! Rock on!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    To add my two cents the volume for me, as is usual in livestreams, is much more muted than the trailers, even with headphones and max volume.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    @LeGardePourpre I see you like to live dangerously! :D
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,026 Member
    So what was with all the Tooth Beary/Molar Bear stuff? I don't think we got an answer in the stream, but up until then they'd been bringing it up from time to time, like it was going to be a thing in the game.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,387 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm very excited. If this pack will work without major issues it's going to be my second favorite EP for sure. I'm just keeping my expectations low until I've seen how it works with other packs. I spotted some "musical chair" problems on the livestream already, but if those are the only bugs... I can deal with them. :smiley:
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Had to watch again as I missed parts. This time I got to see the little "dance" at the end. So cool to see people having fun at work.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,455 Member
    Gordy wrote: ยป
    So what was with all the Tooth Beary/Molar Bear stuff? I don't think we got an answer in the stream, but up until then they'd been bringing it up from time to time, like it was going to be a thing in the game.

@Gordy I forget where I read it, but apparently when your child sim loses a tooth & puts it under their pillow they'll get a gift and money from Tooth Beary/Molar Bear. Not sure if it's true or not though.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited March 2023
    Gordy wrote: ยป

@Gordy I forget where I read it, but apparently when your child sim loses a tooth & puts it under their pillow they'll get a gift and money from Tooth Beary/Molar Bear. Not sure if it's true or not though.

Yes, they showed this in the livestream, but only very briefly. They get a little bit of simoleans, and a keepsake certificate from the Tooth Fairy.