Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite way to make simoleons?

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Art! The Sims love it, and the paintings brighten up the room. I sell them when and if I need to.
  • Options
    LivingDarknessLivingDarkness Posts: 6 New Member
    Ill throw this one out there because it hasnt been mentioned. Freelance Photographer is pretty insane once you get high in the career and max photograpy. Certain gigs take maybe sim hour to complete and depending on your daily gig options you may be able to double up on them. As long as you have a lap top and a tripod camera and model mark in your inevntory the job can be completed anywhere at any time. Once you get past the point where you have to mail photos and are just meeting with a fashion designer is when the money comes in. But yeah, you can easily make 15-30k a day for taking 5-10 photos and doing a quick chat on your laptop.

Side effect is you can actually get alot of really cool photos in your house when you want to take actual real photos and not just snap 5 quick shots of some random sim on a model mark.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    The festivals. I never knew Romance festival had flowers to pick until recently. I knew about the Spice Festival plants.
    I get 500 a sim for winning the jokester thingy. I can sell the microphones.
    I compete in karaoke after the festival.
    The Geek con, you can make a lot by winning the pc.

• Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    What's also quite insane is that the painting amd flower arranging that is already OP, can be sold at 300% markup using the street gallery or the (forgot what its called) yard sale table.

It used to be my fav way of an income when I wanted my sims to make money fast, but at the moment I prefer the rags to riches play style with restrictions so the slower the income, the better for my game.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Depending on my sims' personality, I like using the kleptomaniac trait to burglarize the Goth's mansion but can only last as long as they have valuables.

I personally like writing more than painting, because it causes a steady influx of royalties and when the writer ends up maxing the writing skill the family gets access to the book of life! Useful in case of accidents!

Wait - what is the book of life?! Does it resurrect a sim? I've been an avid sims player for 15+ years and still learning new things every day lol!
  • Options
    Thank you all for the input! I am always curious how others play. I definitely love the struggle lol for whatever reason, so I avoid motherlode & get rich quick options, personally.

But I will say, if anyone is browsing this thread and looking for lucrative ideas - as mentioned here by a few people, painting is very profitable (and writing and gardening). I always sold my paintings at 300% markup on the gallery. I also used the clubs system to make a painting club and sell everyone elses paintings too. Lol.

Another very quick profit is from the street sale table, running a yard sale from home with very expensive items. I personally use the $12k statue head thing and place 4 or 5 of those on the table and sell at the highest markup. Crazy fast and easy, and no need to own anything other than the little table!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My sims usually go one of two routes

- get a job. This is for sims for whom the job is part of their story. I also use jobs when I have a lot of sims in the household and occasionally want to send some into a rabbit hole so I can focus on the rest
    - earn money from home with painting, writing, gardening and occasionally collecting. These are usually sims who are focusing on aspirations, adventures like exploring the jungle, supernatural skills,... . Painting and writing are convenient because they are so overpowered. My sims only need to focus on money occasionally.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited January 2023
    Wait - what is the book of life?! Does it resurrect a sim? I've been an avid sims player for 15+ years and still learning new things every day lol!

If you achieve the Best-Selling Author aspiration, you develop the power to write the Book of Life. For each Book of Life, you can bind it to one sim (sort of like the voodoo doll). Once the Book of Life is bound to a sim, it has two special powers. If the bound sim is alive, reading their Book of Life will reset all of their motives to green (useful!). If the bound sim is dead, you can use the Book of Life to resurrect them. The Best-Selling Author aspiration is one of my most used for this reason.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »

If you achieve the Best-Selling Author aspiration, you develop the power to write the Book of Life. For each Book of Life, you can bind it to one sim (sort of like the voodoo doll). Once the Book of Life is bound to a sim, it has two special powers. If the bound sim is alive, reading their Book of Life will reset all of their motives to green (useful!). If the bound sim is dead, you can use the Book of Life to resurrect them. The Best-Selling Author aspiration is one of my most used for this reason.

Wow never knew this! Thank you!
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i prefer to be broke or working class or middle class so i'm mostly focused on limiting how much money my sims make via my own rules tailored to each save. it's way too easy to become wealthy imo. i do stuff like make them focus on making money solely from 1-2 skills per life stage and no selling via inventory, start in a tiny home with only enough money for furnishings, pay a fee to travel outside of their world, pay a fee when i give them new cas items, etc. more fun :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    In the past I played most houses for just 1 day per stop on rotation, so income was rarely my main focus. Only the bills needed to be paid, I rarely bought a lot of new stuff either. If storytelling required it, I might make us a reason why they suddenly got some cheat money, LOL.

In general I try to spread my sims on most careers and also have most freelance/from home jobs covered. Painting is always a rescue, but also digging up stuff and dumpster diving might easily raise some quick funds especially if multiple household members can help.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member

Is this involve the Magic pack, or just plain base game Writers?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Is this involve the Magic pack, or just plain base game Writers?

It's base game :)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I've always liked the Painting skill and career and that's actually the first way I used to make money on my first game that kept doing it with different Sims because it's such good money (especially with Creative Visionary and Marketable traits) and beautiful decoration.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Gardening. I neglected the gardening skill for a while when I first started playing Sims 4, now pretty much all my saves/families have a garden.
    I have played with the Painting skill a fair bit but it’s not one I use a huge amount. Looks like I should get into it more!
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    doing a regular job where your sims leaves house for 5 hours is not only bad gameplay but earns little simoleons, gardening is probably the way to get rich fastest, i like gardening, painting, and if you a writer you can name you books.
  • Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    I have a couple buddies living a very laid back life at Mua Pel'am on Sulani, who've become incredibly wealthy by fizzing coconuts, pineapples and plantains and diving for treasure and seashells. You wouldn't know it by visiting them though, they live inside the remains of a wrecked ship, and do little else aside from tanning, working out, swimming, cruising around on jet skis and flirting with female sims who happen by. (What little that requires electricity is powered by running on upgraded treadmills.) They do throw the occasional wild kava party too.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I like the freelancer careers, I know some have big payouts but I can choose what I want so if I want little or a lot of money depending on their skill level. I also love giving them a little office to go to away from the house so it feels like an actual career. Haha
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I have a mother and daughter in HOB. They farm and the mom does odd jobs and paints. Daughter sells her knits.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Another option for those who have DU is to give skills lectures. Not big money but it's an excuse to visit a college, experiment with it, and maybe decide to send a sim there who is older than the usual candidate.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    If only you could use cheats and money trees in real life. :D Nah, I don't really like to cheat. I usually play an active or semi-active career, but I have a Sim who is about to leave Uni with a biology degree, and she is going to by a Vetinary Practice. I've never played the vet career before, and I love animals, so this should be fun!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,580 Member
    I use mods and my Sim is a Rock Star. He became a Global Superstar while a Teen. He's been earning all kinds of Simoleons ever since. Royalties on songs he writes, which vary. If it's up for Best Song, the royalties grow. Albums give a cool 750 Simoleons per album. He now has 21 released. A concert done well, reaps 10000 as does each photoshoot for a magazine. He does one of each, daily. It's highly lucrative and he and his sweet wife are living very nicely in HoB.
    Erik's HoB Cottage on the Hill:
    8QRnDnJ.jpg
    They moved in directly after graduation from Britechester-U
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I use mods and my Sim is a Rock Star. He became a Global Superstar while a Teen. He's been earning all kinds of Simoleons ever since. Royalties on songs he writes, which vary. If it's up for Best Song, the royalties grow. Albums give a cool 750 Simoleons per album. He now has 21 released. A concert done well, reaps 10000 as does each photoshoot for a magazine. He does one of each, daily. It's highly lucrative and he and his sweet wife are living very nicely in HoB.
    Erik's HoB Cottage on the Hill:
    8QRnDnJ.jpg
    They moved in directly after graduation from Britechester-U

I have to say I always love seeing your posts on the forums!! You have such a lovely sims family :)
  • Options
    LadycatzLadycatz Posts: 11 New Member
    9 Roses, 6 Lilly, 2 Death Flowers. In a plot of their own!