Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    My sims are using the wrong bedrooms. Can they somehow be assigned a bedroom, so they'll sleep in the correct beds? Thanks again.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,035 Member
    edited October 2022
    My sims are using the wrong bedrooms. Can they somehow be assigned a bedroom, so they'll sleep in the correct beds? Thanks again.

There is an option on the beds if you click it you can assign them to sleep in that particular bed, but you can also designate which side of the bed too. I can't remember if its a left click or right. I just do it out of habit and don't actually think about how I do it. Its one of the first things I do with a new sim and in my game the do stick with my assignments. It's one of the few orders they do obey.🤣
  • Options
    userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    I'll start. :p Just downloaded the update and when I loaded the game I got the message that some items were missing. I'd forgotten to enable my custom content. I have cc shelving that I use to store all my Outdoor Retreat potions, Realm of Magic potions, all of my Eco Lifestyle collectibles and fabrication materials. Beeswax from my bee boxes. All gone. :/

This is why I have a no cc save handy to load after every major patch since these tend to turn off all custom content and script mods on first load.

• Options
    userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    What is the longest death you have had in the game? Mine was 4 Sims days by drowning.

It is ironic how drowning takes longer than hunger in the Sims.

• Options

There is an option on the beds if you click it you can assign them to sleep in that particular bed, but you can also designate which side of the bed too. I can't remember if its a left click or right. I just do it out of habit and don't actually think about how I do it. Its one of the first things I do with a new sim and in my game the do stick with my assignments. It's one of the few orders they do obey.🤣

Well thank you so much! I'd never heard of that before. Problem solved.

• Options
    Hi again. I need to buy one of the animal packs so I can construct my little doggy. He's a Jack Chi, a cross between a Chihuahua and a Jack-Russel terrier.
    I see there are two options... the cats and dogs pack and the "My first pet" option. Which one could I best use to render my dog? I'm not really concerned about the other aspects of those two options. Just my dog, water and food dispensers, and a leash. Thanks for your recommendations.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Hi again. I need to buy one of the animal packs so I can construct my little doggy. He's a Jack Chi, a cross between a Chihuahua and a Jack-Russel terrier.
    I see there are two options... the cats and dogs pack and the "My first pet" option. Which one could I best use to render my dog? I'm not really concerned about the other aspects of those two options. Just my dog, water and food dispensers, and a leash. Thanks for your recommendations.

"My First Pet" pack doesn't have dogs, those only come with Cats and Dogs.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Then that takes care of that! lol
    Thank you very much.

Edit: What kind of animals do sims get as first pets, if not cats and dogs? lol Snakes and lighting bugs in a jar? :)

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member

Thank you very much.

Edit: What kind of animals do sims get as first pets, if not cats and dogs? lol Snakes and lighting bugs in a jar? :)

@ElleMonAmour Hamsters.
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 333 Member
    Is there any way to make a human-looking Servo?

I’d like to create a mannequin sim with Servo powers and interactions but can’t figure out a way to make it work…
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Totally random comment time...

I find it amusing that a Sim can catch a serving of Scrambled Eggs with Bacon on fire and otherwise mess up the cooking process so badly that he has to beat the living daylights out of his meal with a pancake turner...TWICE...

...and still produce a meal of Excellent! quality. :D
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022

Thank you very much.

My first pet stuff is kinda controversial as it’s basically just an add on to the expansion. The hamster is cute. But if you want serious pet you need to get cats and dogs.

If you get the expansion then you will be able to make your dog though for sure, and have the food and water dispenser. If it’s on sale I’d recommend it, it sounds like it has the stuff you want it for.

• Options
    Thank you both. I bought the cats and dogs last night, and because it was 50% off, I bought the seasons pack too! Thank you, guys, for your help.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    @MoonlightGraham If you're alone in the kitchen it doesn't matter ;)
    7f68ae8d086f74656297afc7365e94ce--kitchen-humor-kitchen-quotes.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you both. I bought the cats and dogs last night, and because it was 50% off, I bought the seasons pack too! Thank you, guys, for your help.

That will keep you busy for a while 😁
  • Options
    If you have 3 sims in a household, and make one a police, one a doctor and one a scientist can you follow one to work and the other two automatically go to their jobs, and alternate each day?

Or will the other two just not go? And will they get in trouble?
  • Options
    @JustinB113 There's always a rabbithole option for careers. The sims you don't follow to work should go to their careers in rabbithole mode.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    Here's another question: Does anyone know of a thread for posting pics of your builds along with questions and answers regarding building?
    I know there are some challenges and contest but I'm not looking for competition... just a general, all things build related thread.
    If so, would you please direct me or post a link? Thank you.

Check down in the Creative Corner. I do know there is a Thread there devoted to sharing our builds.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Here's another question: Does anyone know of a thread for posting pics of your builds along with questions and answers regarding building?
    I know there are some challenges and contest but I'm not looking for competition... just a general, all things build related thread.
    If so, would you please direct me or post a link? Thank you.

Check down in the Creative Corner. I do know there is a Thread there devoted to sharing our builds.

Thank you GalacticGal. I'll be sure to bookmark that.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Just a random question, would you be inerested in pre-teens in the sims 4? I see a couple of people liking it (or a rework of teens)
    I still dont really know myself lol
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Just a random question, would you be inerested in pre-teens in the sims 4? I see a couple of people liking it (or a rework of teens)
    I still dont really know myself lol

I'm like you, I'm on the fence. Pre-teens are such a short lifespan in real life (11-12 years old, at least in my opinion) that it wouldn't really make sense.

However, with infants being added, I think it would make sense to give us pre-teens as well. From what I've seen from the infant stage, they look like they're around 6-9 months old. And toddlers always seemed like they're 2-3 years old. Again, that's how I see them.

I'm not too bothered one way or the other.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I do agree that the infants are kinda nice (if only from the fact that they arent like an object and you can interact with them more) and I do find it somewhat weird that the sims are children doing children things then bam all of a sudden they arent into any child interest if that makes sense. I mean i didnt just stop liking playin with toys (like barbies) all of a sudden but I did get more intested in like clothes and makeup.
    and i know ppl dont like that the teens are the same height as the adults but that makes sense to me, i didnt grow taller after i hit my height as a teen
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The kids have always seemed close enough to 10-12 to me. It's the little kid stage that I feel gets skipped over. Like age 5-7 where they still need their parents' help with a lot of stuff, shouldn't be left home alone, but they are also forming friendships, participating in activities and hobbies, and going to school.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top