Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What updates do you think the sims 4 will have in store?

Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
Besides the infant life stage we know we are getting for the game. What future updates with content do you hope to see?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

What updates do you think the sims 4 will have in store? 87 votes

Richer personalities - new game mechanics that enrich their A.I
16%
BluegayleOolonglongjeLlyBeAn1573Colorist40LolaLuvsSimsBren91filipomelMondaybruceleroy98Geralt_ofRiviaLT24FatTribble23RySBIlunnarila 14 votes
Free objects - free objects such as chairs for sims to interact with
5%
rudy8292LizzychicagopeterskywalkertaydevHarukotyan 5 votes
Free CAS stuff - new hair, clothing, tattoos, skin tones, eye color, etc in create a sim.
11%
IcewolfMariefoxprice83Ninja-Dan22Internal_ChaosPeralCoconut27ThunderNebCelticlassNate_Whiplash1scalaswag 10 votes
More gameplay option - such as a new career for a sim to choose from
9%
bandcampsquirrelchristyb2852ashcrash19SheepilingLady_BalloraKimmerHyawehPerti23 8 votes
More options to the attraction system such as turn ons and turn offs more in depth
14%
VibseelanorbretonCopperBoltcatloverplayerDarcVader1lemonellaSheriSim57birdonawirehoneywitchTTNsimmergamercatshobonteasunnycakes 13 votes
More options to neighborhood stories
4%
KhrisstyneEvilyn_1007FamilyFarmerAlienTusks 4 votes
More free traits
4%
LuvtehGeeksEnkiSchmidtQueenSaraphineLiebeslottchen 4 votes
More wants and fears system updates to cater to sims traits
6%
Nh6650EmmaVaneMDianaSimsSarah26CatAdiBenjamilian 6 votes
A memory system that effects sims
12%
auroraael14bandit5GoodywoodYBNS2468Atreya33Amapola76LucaslovesgamesNushkafae_brassDark_BokenshaTaraHillYT 11 votes
Something else - what?
13%
friendlysimmers12JEREMIAcyncieChadSims2katelynrenee93Colton147147RedShoe7SERVERFRASeashoreLiviaJustinB113Cybersbeskip 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Something else - what?
    My guess (and it is a guess!) is that the next little period is going to be family gameplay, new stuff for kids and toddlers and of course infants. And possibly elders either in the same pack or a pack of their own.

As someone who is playing a lot of teens I think they’re in the best state they’ve been. If you have the right packs teens can go to school and do stuff on the weekend and maintain some teen hobbies and activities. So they feel close to done. And YA, adult are fine too.

Toddlers are fun if you play parenthood but they can maybe use some alternative gameplay where you’re playing as them and not their parent. Baby, child and elder need some love.

I think next year will be about rounding out the family and making it so all lifestages have unique experience.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Something else - what?
    Everything your heart desires. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited October 2022
    Something else - what?
    You didn’t specify what format or time frame, but I am assuming you mean free game updates as opposed to packs. So, in the next year I expect continued free bb objects and CAS items through Sims Express Delivery, and tweaks of Neighborhood Stories and Wants/Fears. I hope we’ll get some pack refreshes, as well. Some of the other things you mentioned might happen, but could possibly be tied to packs.

If, however, you’re referring to packs, it could be literally anything.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    I couldn't pick just one thing! LOL (You can call me Greedy McGreedy!)

I personally don't need any more CAS/BB stuff (I use CC so I can always get more)

For me ..... It's all about the GAME PLAY!
    • Richer personalities - new game mechanics that enrich their A.I
    • More gameplay option - such as a new career for a sim to choose from
    • More free traits
    • More options to the attraction system such as turn ons and turn offs more in depth
    • A memory system that effects sims
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,124 Member
    Free CAS stuff - new hair, clothing, tattoos, skin tones, eye color, etc in create a sim.
    You're really asking 2 questions here. What I want to see is richer personalities, but that's not happening. Instead, I think we'll just get more free stuff
  • Options
    LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    A memory system that effects sims
    I definitely want richer personalities by giving us a complete trait update and make traits more meaningful like in the Sims 3, such as evil Sims giving a more evil laugh and lying to their parents, also cheerful Sims being louder and more friendly, romantic Sims having more luck in relationships etc, also number two would be a memory system, memories would add so much more depth to the game that we need, also I would love the Sims team to bring back turn ons and turn offs too.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Something else - what?
    Cribs
    Playpens
    Strollers
    Changing Tables
    New Rocking Chairs
    Baby Toys
  • Options
    I couldn't pick just one thing! LOL (You can call me Greedy McGreedy!)

I personally don't need any more CAS/BB stuff (I use CC so I can always get more)

For me ..... It's all about the GAME PLAY!
    • Richer personalities - new game mechanics that enrich their A.I
    • More gameplay option - such as a new career for a sim to choose from
    • More free traits
    • More options to the attraction system such as turn ons and turn offs more in depth
    • A memory system that effects sims
    That’s what I’m saying. Everything you mentioned is what I want. What good is it to have new items if the gameplay is lackluster? I hope for everything you pointed out
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »
    You didn’t specify what format or time frame, but I am assuming you mean free game updates as opposed to packs. So, in the next year I expect continued free bb objects and CAS items through Sims Express Delivery, and tweaks of Neighborhood Stories and Wants/Fears. I hope we’ll get some pack refreshes, as well. Some of the other things you mentioned might happen, but could possibly be tied to packs.

If, however, you’re referring to packs, it could be literally anything.

No I am not referring to packs. I mentioned updates (:
  • Options
    I also meant within the period of time the sims 4 receives updates which my guess is 2-3 years
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    edited October 2022
    Something else - what?
    I think updates will continue to be objects and CAS items and broken gameplay that will never get fixed. I don’t have many hopes for the game anymore.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    More options to the attraction system such as turn ons and turn offs more in depth
    I picked attraction but I think an update to story progress is coming as well. They said a while back it would get updated.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I’d like to see them work in the attraction system so that we can choose who are sims are attracted to.

I’d also like to see them working on memory and how it affects sims.

I hope that when they work on these things and richer personalities and wants and fears that they leave the stuff open ended so that we can choose outcomes ourselves and not have premade ones, that’s where wants and fears and personalities lack in that we don’t really have the option to guide them in the direction we want to. I want to be able to direct my sims, rather than having a lot of presets. Example. I don’t like that goofballs are directed to prank toilets. Give me a choice what goofballs do instead of assuming i want good balls to be mischievous. I would prefer evil sims or mean sims to pull these pranks and goofballs be more prone to making people laugh
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I'm hoping more with the neighborhood stories. It hardly works in my game. Barely any babies, nobody is adopting pets... like come on. Make it work please!
  • Options
    I'm hoping for an option to make sims boy/girlfriend in CAS. We have fiancies but not boy/girlfriends.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Something else - what?
    *sighing* I might as well say "something else". Cause all I wanted is more black cultures in The Sims 4, the only reason I want em' is because I don't like getting me and the other black simmers being ignored for wanting more clothing, build/buy features, foods, R&B station, and Simlish-language hip hop songs from the past/future. It is all my fault, I'm sorry for being out of hand y'all! The truth is that.....

I'm no longer talking about radio stations anymore. I'm sorry!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Something else - what?
    I think the ship has sailed for richer personalities they have tried everything they have done never adds any impact to gameplay and is extremely shallow I blame the base game. I think clothing hair are a given so I'm going with cars seeing as they let us know we hear you and mentioned cars as they did with babies which are being improved with infants.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I think they will continue with their focus on more bb and cas and less gp
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    More free traits
    Besides more traits (the ones we have are all so played through several times and are starting to get boring) I'd love for an open neighborhood system, being able to go to different venues without a loading screen would just make the game experience so much smoother. I get it, lag for players with lower end pc's. But maybe if it was like a toggle or even a separate pack (I'd buy it instantly, with bugs and all ;) )
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Something else - what?
    my vote as a player is all of the above
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2022
    RIP Cars and Open Neighborhood updates
    I begin to doubt about updates adding attraction system, different eye, prosthetic limbs, graveyard venue and non binary sims.

I think no big update is planned because of :
    • 2015 : 2 EP
    • 2016 : 1 EP + Gender Options update
    • 2017 : 1 EP + Toddler update
    • 2018 : 2 EP
    • 2019 : 2 EP
    • 2020 : 2 EP
    • 2021 : 1 EP
    • 2022 : 1 EP + Pronoun & Sexual Preferences updates
    • 2023 : 2 EP + Infant update
    • 2024 : [THE END ???]

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Something else - what?
    RIP Cars and Open Neighborhood updates
    I begin to doubt about updates adding attraction system, different eye, prosthetic limbs, graveyard venue and non binary sims.

I think no big update is planned because of :
    • 2015 : 2 EP
    • 2016 : 1 EP + Gender Options update
    • 2017 : 1 EP + Toddler update
    • 2018 : 2 EP
    • 2019 : 2 EP
    • 2020 : 2 EP
    • 2021 : 1 EP
    • 2022 : 1 EP + Pronoun & Sexual Preferences updates
    • 2023 : 2 EP + Infant update
    • 2024 : [THE END ???]
    Oh no way Jose! Not without my friends and family being broke without cars, now I gotta get back to The Sims 4
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    They could add Genies to the basegame by using the blue skin like they did with the green skin and Plantsims.

• Options
    Something else - what?
    That could be a great id- Wait! You said Genies to the base game?
  • Options
    I'm hoping for something as simple as lip piercings. We have piercings for every part of the body now except the lips.