Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sprigh wrote: »
    Sprigh wrote: »

SimGuruKatz is a Sims Mobile producer so looks like the summit will include Sims Mobile news.

Wait, I thought they don’t need invitations? Did others get them as well? I didn’t see any posts

I mean SimGurus, why would they get an invitation to their own stream?
    They’re still a developer for the mobile game and deserve something to commemorate the event. Sims mobile team is based in a different country too, so it was sent to them most likely from HQ
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Lmao “can’t stop washing the dishes at the bathroom sink” 😂😂😂
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited October 2022
    *talks to himself* Please don't cry Jeremia! Please don't be so emotional, just cause you want your R&B radio station back! Please!

*talks to simmers* Sorry about that, y'all! I hate to say this, but I'm afraid I will be ready for next week without crying
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    So we have a comedian hosting this big "Sims" event? Maybe it's just that I don't know who she is and that's why I don't understand how she correlates to the sims, is she a big sims fan or something?

And yeah, The more I learn about this summit, the more I'm less likely to tune in.

Now, I'm almost positive it's being super-exaggeratedly hyped and the actual information will be less than exciting.

I am curious how the The Sims Mobile plays a part with the actual single player sims game (although if they said they were bringing in that team to work on meshes and animations for TS4, that would make me extremely happy because TSM has amazing content [even though it's locked behind timed events], but it still looks amazing!)

I still think I'll just wait and read about it in a condensed version, once it's over.

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Oh thats cool its being hosted, she has good energy and sounds super charismatic. I love the hair as well. 🥰
    Still unsure if its being overhyped, but they seem to have spared no expense on the presentation, hopefully thats a good sign!
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    shobontea wrote: »
    I know most Simmers don't get invites, but a lot of the "invited" tweets sound like Sims telling me, "You're not invited." Well, I'm sure I wasn't invited.

I don't think it's that at all. Simmers on YouTube and other media have followers, so a special effort is made to get their attention. When I watch, I bring just myself. They bring all their followers along. It's just a way to bring more attention to the event. We are all invited to watch, and on the forum, we even have a discussion thread for the event.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    shobontea wrote: »
    @telemwill
    I agree with you, but what I mean is not. In order to excite everyone, what to write on Twitter and how to show it, I was confused even when I was shown many times that the famous Simmer and Simguru got the box.

You mean it was confusing about it being online? I agree. At first I thought they were being invited to be in the audience.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Only 3 days.

I'm not excited but I'm very curious.
    Same here, but I'm very emotional, because all I want is stuff pack 19, that should be back in 2022
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    HnG8hNV.png

Oi! I hope that's a hint! Maybe snuggling/cuddling in bed (hopefully while watching tv) is comiing! Why else would they use that particular image? That would make me happy and semi-hyped up for it.

And another thing to think about, EACade let it out of the bag (unless it's been announced somewhere already that I missed), that we'll be getting 12 Days worth of goodies for the holidays, so I'm sure this will also probably be discussed during The Summit as well.

He replied to a comment in this thread:
    EACade: Emily and Callia will also be making a special appearance later this year as well...

Simgirl1010: Holiday goodies!

EACade: Almost 2 weeks of them, 12 days to be exact.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1004005/base-game-update-available#latest

Callia is Ring Ring Girl.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 437 Member
    Never heard of Phoebe Robinson. But I've supported this franchise since 2000, so I'm not a target audience member.

I'm guessing they're going to announce a multiplayer-only TS5, and they're going to portray it as something the fan base has been BEGGING for. Or they're going to halt all DLC and bug fixes and focus on making the game more inclusive for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 community. Or they're handing the franchise over to Disney.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    HnG8hNV.png

Oi! I hope that's a hint! Maybe snuggling/cuddling in bed (hopefully while watching tv) is comiing! Why else would they use that particular image? That would make me happy and semi-hyped up for it.

And another thing to think about, EACade let it out of the bag (unless it's been announced somewhere already that I missed), that we'll be getting 12 Days worth of goodies for the holidays, so I'm sure this will also probably be discussed during The Summit as well.

He replied to a comment in this thread:
    EACade: Emily and Callia will also be making a special appearance later this year as well...

Simgirl1010: Holiday goodies!

EACade: Almost 2 weeks of them, 12 days to be exact.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1004005/base-game-update-available#latest

Callia is Ring Ring Girl.

I know Callia is Ring Ring Girl, my comment wasn't in reference to Emily and Callia. It was regarding him commenting to Simgirl1010 about holiday goodies and he said we would be getting 12 days of them.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    3 more days! I wonder what it's gonna be about?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Who is this host and how is she even connected to Sims? Is she a fan? Player? I would have loved it if one of the gurus or one the creators or modders (who never get any love) were hosting. Why choose a host that I (because I am the center of the world /JOKING) have never even heard of? I'm sure others know who she is but I think she's way outside my demographic (80's girl, that's me).

You know the problem with all this hype? EVERYTHING. It gets people's hopes way up and then when it's revealed that it's all over something like the EA App, people are going to get their pitchforks out. They've kind of set themselves up here. Hype! Hype! Hype! Pretty much nothing can live up to that, there will be angry and disappointed people because of all the hype.

Either way, I've got my popcorn ready to see how it all shakes out and what is revealed.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The hype isn't affecting me; seen it all before - massive build up and then everyone saying 'is that it?' 😄 Always a big let-down.

Of course, I've also been wrong before and had to eat my socks, so maybe this will turn out to be the announcement that all game bugs have now been fixed, hsy has been updated to actually be worthwhile, there's an amazing stuff pack and ep coming, kits have been abolished, babies freed, cars are coming and TS5 will be a non-online cross between everything that was great from each previous game version plus gradual ageing.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    @elanorbreton That would be awesome beyond words but at this point I think we'll only get that if we go to Heaven! It's too much to expect from EA down here on Earth, sadly.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I have zero expectations for Tuesday because I can't imagine anything they would do that is worth all this hope. I can imagine things they could do, but won't. Anyway, I'm also tired of all the VIP tweets reminding the buyers of the Sims that we are not VIPs.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I built myself some friends to watch the stream with haha.
    in before one of the announcements is Sims lego lol.
    lego_sims_by_keylimepiesims_dffn255-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTIzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjdhOGZhODYtY2Q4OC00NThkLTllZTYtOTAwNWMwNzc5YTQ1XC9kZmZuMjU1LWE0ZDE5YTZkLWEzOTItNDEwNi1iNzIwLTRkYzQ1NWQxNWJkNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.kQXFFTOnhdDP3JPL3pCImqKZj4_Zp4oJZDoIuYWPXpA
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This better be good with all the hype they are throwing around!
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I've become immune to hype - it just goes on and on and then when they do the big reveal you end up being disappointed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Well I'm hyped up and excited. Not gonna lie. 😄 I'd rather anticipate something good happening than ruminate on past disappointments or what might not happen in the future.